Touhou General 71.5 - /2hug/

Fallen Hero Edition

Previous thread:

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>why you should be a buddhist
It's okay to be whatever you want

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

>AoCF Demo v2!
mega.nz/#!mclFRapR!b4TEtRSnAi81Y4CZHzjy4dTzJ81V0KDArXfDL6f5PqI

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/NdaSE

>Fangames pastebin
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Touhou is a nice game and we don't hurt nobody

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8uxoYuMgS5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dead for what purpose?

I get the feeling there's some euro mod with a hate boner for us.

>janny nuking the thread seconds before I press Post
posting anyway

>putting IN this high
Sealing the moon would actually make the world a safer place, Reimu only stopped Eirin because her pet youkai need the moon to overpower humans. If Eirin got her way, the LoLK incident wouldn't have happened.

15 > 11 > 10.5 > 5 > 7 > 14 > all other games > 10
Most games are literally nothing-tier.

Mystic Square was about Makai allowing demon tourists to take trips around Gensokyo, which was pretty damn dangerous when you consider what kind of creatures live in Makai.

It's 3AM in euroland, it's more likely to be some aussie fuck.

I would say 10 was at least slightly serious. The whole game occurred because someone gave Reimu a note saying that she should pretty much just close down her shrine, which would devestate the barrier.

>Reimu's pet youkai
>implying Reimu isn't a pet human to yukari

baka janny

It seemed serious at first, but turned out to be literally nothing. All Reimu had to do was ignore that note anyway.

May still also be a burger, since it's like anywhere from 10:30 to 7:30 here.

What can be done to make /2hug/ a better general?

I assume theres a relation between the shitstorms and the threads getting deleted hours after everyone has already moved on. I guess someone filed a report and the mods/jannies do such a great work that they take so long to take an action.

Don't look at me, i just posted about fangames.

More communication when we're making threads, less stupid shit posts in the OP. We're already at an okay spot with content, we're not a bastion of creativity and stories like /dfg/ or anything. Most of our issues are meta related.

Last thread didn't even have a shit storm. Just some talks, so I guess they reported the thread like 2-3 threads ago? and besides it's not like the other generals don't have their fair share of shit storms.

>a bastion of creativity and stories like /dfg/
Someone hasn't paid them a visit in the last six months.

Namefagging, blogposting and derailed conersations while mild and not that big of an issue. They are still there.

I'll be honest, I haven't been there in a while, but last I recall they're still one of the better generals on this board.

>namefagging
Like who?

>blogposting
that's a given on this board, what else are we gonna do, just post waifus and not talk about our experiences with the games?

>Derailed conversations
probably the only actual relevant complaint.

Seija fag exists user

I mean, he's a recognizable user, which is also unavoidable, but that doesn't make him a name fag. He could literally be you and I wouldn't know because he doesn't use the name field.

Namefagging means putting a name in the name field, just because you can tell who it is doesn't mean they are name fagging.

>404ing GOOD discussion

Well, all the Eientei gang, the Lunarians and their history of the moon™ are a clusterfuck of negative relationships. IN was only bad because none of the playable characters knew why or what was going on with Eirin and Kaguya at the time, and of course no one in the games ever lets anyone know what's going on until it's too late so it ended in a fight anyways. A night that wouldn't end and not knowing why would be very dangerous.

Speaking of things to do here, if anyone wants to, we could always make a new Yugioh meta with 2hu cards using YGOpro without the new gimmicks to start

Did the previous thread do anything beyond the (admiteddly rather fun) shitposts about 2hus lurking Veeky Forums?

Which makes me wonder why does the name field even exist.

we were discussing touhoumon

For specific threads where picking out the OP (or other big contributer) from the anons is important.

Was 16 considered dangerous? It really didn't feel that bad compared to the others

13 didn't feel super dangerous either, I don't think divine spirits could hurt most people...

left over of the old Veeky Forums, people used to name/trip fag much more in the early days

Your terminology is wrong, but I share your sentiment. This thread would be better off without people like Seijafag or trueadminfag, who make themselves recognizable without contributing anything of value.
>recognizability is unavoidable
What are you talking about? There's plenty of high quality generals without any avatarfaggotry at all.

I can't believe I died twice in stage 2. Now I see it was an omen for 2hug.

Who is this artist? I like their work

I think he meant picking anons apart by taking a careful look at posts expressing similar opinions across several threads, specific wording or choice of words, stuff like that.

See
We don't get a lot of people very often, and not many who contribute consistently. We're gonna be able to pick out the guys who do actually post a lot.

Terajin

Lo! thy dread empire Chaos! is restored:
Light dies before thy uncreating word;
Thy hand, great Anarch! lets the curtain fall,
And universal darkness buries all.

I want to fuck that whore of an amanojaku.

If you post your 2hu on almost each post an call yourself an Xanon that's namefagging and there are several posters that does such things, Im not against it nor do I have a bone to pick against those posters but it beats the point of all of us being anonymous posters.

I mean blogposting as in blogging outside of touhou or asking things like "what are you doing?"

I don't think that's very fair, I do a considerate amount of talking in the thread and you are giving my grief because I have a filename for miko, I just thinks that's a bit silly.
It wasn't even a week ago I finally 1ccd TD and I plan to do it again here really soon with marisa, what exactly do you want me to do?

people really love drawing chen with the skirt up from her tails don't they?
it's cute tho

Don't take it too personally, I just needed another example so my post wouldn't be all about bullying seijafag.
But if you're honestly asking, you should try blending in with the rest of the thread a bit more. Most people in this thread do an awful lot of talking, yet they're just fine staying anonymous.
Veeky Forums's greatest gift is being able to lose yourself in the crowd, and you're wasting that opportunity by standing out on purpose.

>DELETED
nani

Mmmm yeah I have been going a bit ham lately, I'll try not using so many images because first and foremost it takes up an image slot, which we could use more of

Chen is pretty cute, and so is the chibi version bkub did. He struck gold with that design

Someone got rule 8'd. At least that means he's reading the threads, not just nuking them from the catalog.

Yeah, Bkub did really good with all the designs in Charm.

I will say that avatarfagging is against the rules.

does that call for precision nuking of the entire thread though?

The Veeky Forums moderation team doesn't fuck around.

they kind of do.

I’ve said this before, but he should’ve done more eiki and suika skits. I liked his designs for both

>We're gonna be able to pick out the guys who do actually post a lot
You can contribute to the general and the discussion without the need of posting your 2hu or mention who she is constantly. There are some recognizable posters that don't do this thing like Sakuyaposter but most of the constant namefags fall for that.
>avatarfagging
That's what I meant with namefagging but I had the term wrong, but avatarfagging is still a form of namefagging anyway

>tfw i stopped doing those things for exactly that reason but people still call me _____user

I beg to differ. I mean if it's an actual issue, like cheese pizza, that shit would be gone pretty god damn fast.
Wish there was that amount of initiative to the rest of the rules, but you can't do everything, I guess.

The worst part of avatarfaggotry is when you post your favourite 2hu and it turns out some other fag is already associated with it.
Then it turns out that he's a cool guy and you can't really bring yourself to hate him, that shit is the worst.

Some other chans allow you to report posts by the specific rule they're breaking, which is a much superior system to what we have here.

I have done so as well, but everyone seems to have forgotten of me anyway.

I mean, don't you feel like that's for the best user?

What's wrong with pizza?

Haha sucks to be a marisafag

Don’t be so naive

Any pizza that isn't American or Italian always looks like a monstrosity

Did she buy that pizza from Minoriko? Does it have fucking sweet potato on it?

>marisafag
>cool guy
I hope you're talking about the SA guy, or I'll have to memetext you even more.
marisa sucks though

>sample

>tfw I saved it from this very general
Somebody's got some splainin to do

What do you think of grown up Lumia?

It wasn't me, I'm not no sample-saving plebeian.

She's inexistant, like the voice of reason who should have said "isn't Lumia more accurate?" over a decade ago.

>tfw it was me who posted the original sample

I'm making amends

How did you save it from here without the traditional filename? Accept the truth that you downloaded a sample!

It's probably some Veeky Forums X sorcery.

This general really is a magical place, good work
clover app for Android

>feeling proud of getting a 1cc on first try
>ZUN gives you a shitty score in the report card
Even the shittiest runs usually score around 60, this is embarassing.

We do our best on being helpful and friendly

Ouch, what gave you such a low score?

loli haet pizza

No idea, it was an honestly average run. Maybe ZUN expects more from Mima players.

Yeah, guess Mima imposes a penalty on your run then.

AoCF says something about the strongest duo, clearly this means the new 2hus are Mima and Shinki

I know it's not gonna be happening, but I'd straight up lose my shit if that were true.

Alice was a mistake. MIMA should have been Marisa's IN partner.

There's literally nothing wrong with Alice but I still totally agree

>Mimafags will never stop being salty
We definitely didn't need another master/underling pair in IN, there were already two others. Their pair and dialogue is the best because they're on equal ground

I like marisa's red hair design, there should be more art of it

Well, Iunno about equal ground, since Marisa is the #2 Biggest Badass in Gensokyo, but they're certainly peers, and you're right about their dialogue.

Reimu had a good life, too bad she's gone...

youtube.com/watch?v=8uxoYuMgS5w

I dislike this.

But Reimu's right here.

OH BOY TIME FOR YUKKURIS

I don't like Red-Haired Marisa that much to be honest. I do like her Seihou design quite a lot though. It's very cool.

"I don't like sparrows. They're too bony."

What's the first thing that pops into your head when you see this image?

It's Mokou and Kaguya.

Violence is about to break out.

Or some really violent hatefucking.

I'm not sure with that picture.

Dammit JoJo, can't stop associating close heads with this image.

This qt knocks on your door and offers to tell your fortune. What do?

Call the exterminator

I was doing so fucking well, so fucking until this useless bitch caught me off guard with her opening curve piece of shit lasers and take 2 of my fucking lives.

>this
>qt

/u/ as fuck

I figured Kaguya was shorter than that.