Nothing wrong with suicide

I don't understand why society see suicide as such a bad thing, the moment you mention suicide, you're suddenly treated like a depressed fuck. It's a perfectly rational thought to explore people. Opinions?

remember that when you do suicide you kill a son
a brother
a friend
a colleague
an employee
and an user to share good historical discussion with

naturally these characters don't want that

All for primary selfish reasons. The think I'm loosing a brother, I'm loosing a friend... Ect. It's never about they got what they wanted, or they don't have to suffer. People have this ignorant " it will get better" mentality as if they are in fairy tails. Sure people whom get by may think that they were stupid for wanting to end their lives, but that's because they are socialized to ignore and stigmatize their own rationality.

selfish reasons I'm sure, but reasons nonetheless

I mean your own reason for dying maybe justified but what about someone you like decides to suicide?

This is ignorance is the exact core issue I would like to address and discuss. I am myself empathetic towards this feeling,yet when looking at the whole picture, I fail to understand why modern North American and European societies particularly associate suicide with Death while many other cultures (Asian/ancient Europe) are more to open to the idea. What social function does being sad as suicide hold?

*with sadness(I did not mean to type death)

As if wanting to kill yourself without considering what harm you might be doing to other people isn't selfish.

Yeah my dad put a .357 through the roof of his mouth when I was five. Living with that knowledge isn't easy.

We're the product of our parents, and I really lean heavily towards my fathers side of the family. It starts to drive you crazy sometimes.

Don't fall for anyone's bullshit when they talk about PTSD. You can't run or hide, it will find you eventually and it will knaw away at your conscious mind until there isn't a rational thought left.

Depression doesn't quite sum it up, it's so much more than that. Whatever you want to call it, it's a disease and we have to at least try to help people who are sick. Its our responsibility as human beings.

I want to kill myself because all I do is end up hurting others and have difficulty forming meaningful relationships with people.

It does harm to others because they see it as a negative occurrence. If a samurai was to perform seppuku for example, it would bring honor instead of distress to the family. Many monks choose to end their own lives to ascend the suffering of this world, again brining no sadness. Both of these examples are rational choice to leave behind our world. I say again: the mindset you are currently referring to is a very westernized notion.

As a disclaimer, this post by no means encourage suicide, simply to discusses how people react to the notion of it.

>
>Yeah my dad put a .357 through the roof of his mouth when I was five. Living with that knowledge isn't easy.

>We're the product of our parents, and I really lean heavily towards my fathers side of the family. It starts to drive you crazy sometimes.

>Don't fall for anyone's bullshit when they talk about PTSD. You can't run or hide, it will find you eventually and it will knaw away at your conscious mind until there isn't a rational thought left.

>Depression doesn't quite sum it up, it's so much more than that. Whatever you want to call it, it's a disease and we have to at least try to help people who are sick. Its our responsibility as human beings.

People whom have rationalized their desires don't want help until it is forced upon them. It's like European colonists trying to convince natives they are savages. Most of the natives whom go though the process do end up believing that Christian culture is superior. Is this really helping people? Or is it normalized and accepted brainwashimg?

If hurting people is what you want to avoid, than killing yourself will unfortunately do exactly that, especially if you. Live in westernized culture (which I assume you do considering your usage of English). I highly suggest that you not attempt considering your motive for the desire in the first place. It would not be rational.

I want to kill myself because I find the idea very romantic.

I hurt people when I'm alive though. If my past history is indication, continuing to live just means hurting more people.

I actually found out yesterday that in my state (New York) assisting a suicide or driving someone to suicide is manslaughter in the second degree.

Ridiculous.

That depends on context, it's romantic if you died for a dramatic cause... But there is nothing romantic about someone killing themselves because they can't beat the final boss in a video game....

Well I agree that tricking someone to thinking into they want what they do it as a crime, but I definitely agree that euthanasia should be decriminlozed.

what if the pain they experience from loosing you equate to a very long period of suffering. Think to if you would have the ability not only to end the suffering but perhaps improve their lives?

Do you live in vancouver user? Or did you pull that pic from somewhere else?

It shouldn't just be legal it should be encouraged, like in Soylent Green where there were government euthenasia clinics open to anyone, where they dope you up put on a light show with your favorite music playing then push drugs that knock you out and painlessly kill you.

We could do without the recycling human bodies for food thing though.

Toronto lol

You don't understand. I'm unable to maintain friendships and relationships. They all fall apart very badly, and anyone who was my friend is completely cut off from me and wouldn't even realize I'm dead. I mean no one will give a shit if I disappear.

"you don't understand" is a childish excuse. It's an answer people run to with any aspect of life they don't want to deal with. Know that what you are going through is quite relatable. Not only adults, but anyone whom have gone to high school have had periods where they understand perfectly how you feel. One can not truly appreciate joy until they had experienced true suffering.

SG's system is actually perfect. Except there would definitely need to be some kind of screening process to ensure the sobriety/mental state of individuals. Someone with bi polar disorder for example, would bring about complications

yes but it is people who are against suicide who pull the card of selfishness

>>We could do without the recycling human bodies for food thing though.

>I do not want to eat this assembly of atoms

truly a pleb

Who am I hurting then? Who is losing me? No, you really don't understand. At the moment I have zero personal relationships. I don't think you've experienced despair and hopelessness, only suffering which you think is easy to recover from.

>Someone with bi polar disorder for example, would bring about complications
only because you think this person is defective in the first place and you want to control her.

>>Well I agree that tricking someone to thinking into they want what they do it as a crime,
yeah like you know, in the supermarket, showing me good food that I cannot afford

Because more often than not, those thoughts come as a symptom of a mental illness such as depression, which doesn't make them very rational.

Huh, we have the same buses

Do you feel like sharing?

Are you suggesting there to be an mode of thinking to be "normal" or "superior"? They simply live in a different social reality, and what they experience is in no doubt 'fact' and 'rational' for them; regardless of what people without their particular traits think (I. E depression)

>giving up
>not the worst, most abominable thing in the world

suicides are often a mistake

Explain what is desease and why depression is a desease

>implying Suicide isn't just the egocentric self-affirmation of the Will.

That's different in that he was your father and he still owed you a decent upbringing for bringing you into the world in the first place. If he waited until you had finished college and moved out then it would have been all good.

>THOSE WHO MAINTAIN that suicide is an assertion of life are cowards. They invent explanations and excuses to mask their impotence and lack of daring, for in fact there can be no willed or rational decision to commit suicide, only organic, secret causes which predetermine it.

>Those who commit suicide have a pathological attraction for death, which they try to resist consciously but which they cannot totally suppress. Life in them is so unbalanced that no rational argument could set it right. There are no rational suicides, following to a logical conclusion a meditation on nothingness and the futility of life. If one argues that there were wise men in antiquity who committed suicide in solitude, I reply that they could do so only because they had already stifled life in themselves. To meditate on death and on similar dangerous topics is to deal life a mortal blow, for the mind contemplating so many agonizing questions must already have been wounded. No one commits suicide for external reasons, only because of inner disequilibrium. Under similar adverse circumstances, some are indifferent, some are moved, some are driven to suicide. To be obsessed with suicide, there must be such inner agony that all self-imposed barriers break and nothing is left but a catastrophic dizziness, a strange and powerful whirlwind. How could suicide be an assertion of life? They say that it is caused by disappointments, which implies that you have desired life, that you had expectations which it did not fulfill. A false dialectic! As if the suicide did not live before he died, did not have hopes, ambitions, pain.

>Essential to suicide is the belief that you can no longer live, not because of whim but because of a terrifying inner tragedy. Is the inability live an assertion of life? Any suicide is impressive. So I wonder why people still look for reasons and justifications, why the even deprecate it. Nothing is more ridiculous than to make a hierarchy of suicides and divide them between the noble and the vulgar. Taking one's life is sufficiently impressive to forestall any petty hunt for motives. I despise those who scoff at suicides committed for love, because they do not understand that, to the lover unfulfilled love is the cancellation of his being, a destructive plunge into meaninglessness. Unrealized passions lead to death faster than great failures. Great failures are slow agony, but great passions that are thwarted kill like a bolt of lightning. I admire only two types of people: the potentially mad and the potential suicide. Only they inspire me with awe, because only they are capable of great passions and great spiritual transfigurations. Those who live positively, full of self-assurance, content with their past, present, and future, have only my respect.

>Why don't I commit suicide? Because I am as sick of death as I am of life. I should be cast into a flaming caldron! Why am I on this earth? I feel the need to cry out, to utter a savage scream that will set the world atremble with dread.

And I am afraid these words don't speak to me, I can't make much sense of them.

Again, reach beyond the western notion, child. Look at Asian and pre Christian Europe, island culture

>Implying suicide is giving up
>Implying it is noble in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
>Implying suicide is not taking arms against a sea of troubles and in opposing ending them
"but muh suffering" "the thinking man's fetish"

Not committing suicide is cuckoldry

You've been spooked

Suicide also works from an egoist perspective. It never fails.

Suicide isn't giving up, it is your last move and the final act in the game. You can't give up, but made your turn.

Call it whatever you want, suicide diminishes the power you possess and the influence you can have on the world to zero. That's all that matters

Not necessary. Imagine if Hitler was captured alive and sperged on trials. That would be worse for his modern influence than just kill yourself.

Suicide is for pathetic, selfish idiots who think the world revolves around them and prefer complaining about their lives instead of improving. Worse still, they feel superior to others who can see the silliness in suicide.

>a brother
argument
>a friend
will get over it
>a colleague
eh whatever
>an employee
lmao fuck off
>and an user to share good historical discussion with
argument

>but what about someone you like decides to suicide?
I will do my best to try and empathize with it. That's all anyone can realy do - accept it and move on.

Why wouldn't you be alright with suicide?
It kills off the mentally weak. Natural selection at its best.

The state hates suicide therefor it convinces people it's immoral. Suicide means fewer productive citizens, it means less taxable bodies. Hence it is illegal, as are more things that inhibit the state's ability to tax you. The state will do everything it can to keep you alive. This is the rule of modern states, the rule over life. This is why states are also so concerned with regulating health industries and food, to ensure the people continue living and more, are actually healthy and productive. Look at what the state funds and regulates: schools, hospitals, emergency services (rescue and protection), transportation, farming, drugs and medicine. If the state only cared about maintaining control and order it would simply dump its resources into policing the nation, but most modern nations don't do this. They dump large chunks of their resources into increasing the health and productivity of their citizens, to keep them alive, to keep them productive.

It's because for the majority of people that do it, mental illness or trauma is the cause. Notice how differently people act if you talk about "right-to-die" euthanasia laws; many more people are open to it. I'm not sure if it's that people think mental states are easier to right than physical ones, or just aversion to unpleasantness, that causes this difference, but "mental anguish" is less legitimate to most people than "physical anguish," like might be the case in euthanasia examples.

Not him, but I'll give it a go.

The fact it seems to be a heritable trait is one thing. People whose families have histories of depression and suicide are more likely to be depressed and suicidal. Some of this you might consider a nurture thing rather than a nature thing (your family killing themselves is depressing regardless of genetics) but there's an argument. Not to mention our knowledge of neuoscience is getting pretty conclusive on the aspects of how brain chemistry can alter behavior.

If we decide to consider a disease a harmful disorder in the body, fucked up brain chemistry which results in misery and death qualifies I'd say.

People often confuse "I feel depressed" with clinical depression. Happiness in humans doesn't start at an equal baseline, some people literally are just happier or less happy at their baseline regardless of circumstance.

I think suicide is seen as something people resort to when they desire happiness but have concluded that they can't attain it, so they won't try, accepting defeat and killing themselves, their lives ending in sorrow.
It's just a sad thought, like good people dying in some tragic accident or confrontation leaving behind grieving children, parents, spouses etc. or any number of other tragedies, so people naturally want to prevent it.

That's completely hypothetical speculation. I hear tell that in Canada, my country, 70% of European decedents have suicide in their blood lines somewhere or something like that. I suspect a suicide gene is at work that is perhaps even altruistic in nature since grief is a temporary problem. I think suicide is pretty fascinating and have two documented cases on the fathers side myself. I've seen what happens when you grow old now and wew lads, I don't even want to go there. I am thinking 65-70, I am taking myself out or when I start shitting the bed, whatever comes first.

Not that user but I have a strange respect for people who do it. I mean it shows you have such resolve about wanting to do it that you overcome your natural self preservation instinct by doing it. It's like people who do it defeat human nature in a sense, it's almost admirable.

the mentally weak survive they are too scared to go through

screw off coward

you are an abomination

Because most of people who commit suicide are depressed and not capable of thinking straight when depression strikes hard enough to do that, while when they are of sound mind, they think in a completely different way.

>depression
>real

You have no sources to back up your claims. Also do not confuse reason with correlation even if most people whom commit suicide are even diagnosed to be depressed.

Life is like a school. Nobody expects to stay in school forever.

Then fucking kill yourself faggot.

But what if you suck at being all those things?

So don't talk to people. Do a shit kicker job and play video games. nothing wrong with being a loser as long as you pay your own way.

Suicide is the weak option, the selfish option.

Emotional control should be encouraged in school. It will decrease suicide and self harm.

I used to want to kill myself, but then I turned 18.

careful not to cut yourself with all that edge

>Go ahead and kill yourself son. It would be selfish for me to say that would deeply hurt me

:^)

Talk about history or get out.

Maybe you should indeed kill yourself, then.