Flanked edition.

Previous mission: News:
1)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

2)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

3)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

4)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xcg/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCU

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!kGAmlSiA!agE8uPbTqbZ6y_R2ShX3T4SXED-Ee_d_eNaoxX84X4A
pastebin.com/DwwGRCU
pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH
youtube.com/watch?v=G02wKufX3nw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pistols are useless

second for
pistols are useful you fuck

If anyone is interested, this link will let you download an older version of PirateZ which happens to be my personal favorite:
>mega.nz/#!kGAmlSiA!agE8uPbTqbZ6y_R2ShX3T4SXED-Ee_d_eNaoxX84X4A

Also the thread died like 10 seconds after I linked this one, good timing

>/xcg/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>>pastebin.com/DwwGRCU

Deleted

Yeah, forgot to fix that. I'll try to remember next thread, at some point the link lost a single letter from the end.
In case someone else makes it (and remembers) here is the correct pastebin:
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Asked in the last thread and got very little attention.

XCom 2 seems to be ignoring most of my game settings and advanced options

>Things that work
- Difficulty
- Ironman mode
- DLC integration

>Things that don't work when checked
- Reduce beginner VO
- Any advanced options

WotC, no mods. I'm still pelted by all the annoying dialogue explaining what everything is and does and I can't use any advanced options. At no point am I returning to the main menu before launching, and when I back out of the advanced options and then go back in my choices are still selected, but it has no effect when I start the campaign.

Wat do?

>Asked in the last thread and got very little attention.
I'll be honest, you got very little attention because no one has heard of this bug before, at least no ones mentioned it on /xcg/
I don't want to be insulting but I'll ask anyway just in case,
Have you tried verifying the game files?

Yep. Even reinstalled the game :(

And this is not a Pirated copy? I really don't know. If you haven't already, go ask on reddit and look in some other places. /xcg/ isn't that huge, there is a better chance that someone on r/xcom may know what you are talking about, it's always worth a shot at least.

Purchased on Steam.
Time to swallow some pride and ask on Reddit I guess. Thanks user.

So, XCOM Enemy within or XCOM2 War of the Chosen. Which is the better game/dlc and why in your opinion?

XCOM 2 War of the Chosen. Enemy Within has the better setting, but XCOM 2 brings alot to the table when it comes to gameplay and the entire modding system really shines and let you bend it into whatever shape you want.

War of the Chosen is better because it has memes.

Fuck the aliens and fuck ADVENT.

WOTC VERSION WHEN

>cyberdisc hits a 40%, kills him
>floaters flank and crit the other
>panic resist 94%, failed
>panic resist 88%, failed
>6 squad mission
Fuck this bullshit

wotc

pretty much nailed it as to why I prefer it

To answer your question in the previous thread,

Beagle likes PUBG because it's gunplay was a nice hybrid between ARMA and arcadey shooters. But recently they released an update that changes projectile physics, leaning it more towards ARMA, for no reason other than they could. Many people didn't like it, since those who stuck with the game since its release had memorized how bulletdrop works perfectly.

As someone who replied to Beagle's Twitter rant said, "It's a PUBG update designed by JohnnyLump"

how did you activate a disk on a 6man mission? Landed large in april where you also pulled two pods?

i want to fuck the assassin

No OTS, late April terror mission. Had 2 disk pods

I didn't even know that you can get disks in April, does that mean terror ayys are also 2 months ahead?

Technically ayys deploy new aliens every 28 days or so, it isn't exactly a month. For example it's possible to fight floaters at end of march in a crashed ufo or abduction even if you are not supposed to see floaters in march.

Right, but disks are a June alien. So they're either 2 months ahead or user's mission was after 25.04 and they're one month ahead.

Should be 28 or 29

Oh man, I was BAD.

The survivor became my favorite double tap PSI rocketeer.

Is that from when you first started playing LW?

Yes, IIRC a terror mission went bad.

AIRGAME WHEN

>when you made over 100 characters, but can't share them because you have over 100 cosmetics

Why don't you post some of your favs anyway.

Give me some vipers

Look at this dude, look at the top of his head

You're not supposed to be here.

That's it mane

Tell me about overwatch gunners

They're gunners that overwatch.

Slow but effective.

I love this song for terror missions

youtube.com/watch?v=G02wKufX3nw

Inferior to a Bullet Wizard. Superior to a HEAT Gunner late game (a Shogun just does a HEAT Gunner's job better)

Why does he wears the mask?

When do we get the ghost voice clips for xcom

Regarding the shogun comparison: I think of HEAT gunners not as damage but as suppression. Bullet wizards can't take resilience and EC and other tanky classes can't take suppression which is mandatory for holding disks in place.

They still double tap mechanicals a lot, no argument, but because gunner hit chance for some reason tends to hover around 80%, they're not suitable as a primary damage dealer without a contingency and in my experience their job tends to be less "double tap that mec for 20" and more "flush that mec for his last 5hp". Plus wizards can still have the damage, it's not like swapping shredder for HEAT breaks the build.

Do you run OW early/mid/late?

I personally haven't actually ran an OW gunner for a while, I usually run OW Infantry then turn them into OW Valkyries, meanwhile the Killfantry are either Officers or Psi Troops

What version of EW Long War do you play? Last I played long ago they were adding some durability and repair mechanic among other things that I didnt care for. How is it now?

Newest version, repair is dank and always has been. It encourages you to build multiples of vital items, which then opens up your loadout options. plus if you hate it you can always disable it, no reason to play old

The final version which is 1.0, just use Second Wave options if you don't want the repair mechanics.

Woah shit, I havent played since beta 3. There was more than just the repair but I dont remember what. I'll just have a look at the feature set now, then.

I had an elaborate post with a snek court pic about breaking down your odds of conviction based on defense rating of your attorney etc... but I was on my phone and my local 4g is rangebanned
this is all you get

Is there any point to sapper after June or whenever you get alien grenades? I just made an engineer with smoke grenade to risk it, and his alien grenades seem to blow up building walls reliably. I wonder if I'll have to get mayhem for UFO walls.

Is Xenonauts any good?

I like the music, art and just overall atmosphere. The gameplay has me bored me to death within one mission. It's part of why I haven't really given the old games a shot, but players of the old games seem to dislike it too.

very underwhelming

infantry seem better suited for it

I always used medics for smoke so sapper was the choice for any non officer engi. Still, triple environment damage is really important when you need to clear an area out.

Nothing sucks more when your last guy in grenade range can't get that clutch cover destruction.

It's dreadfully boring to play. I want to like it because the cold war premise is cool and I like the tech tree but I can't get into it.

>I always used medics for smoke so sapper was the choice for any non officer engi.
That's basically my situation too. Sapper is such a powerful skill that even on support engi I go sapper->S&M. But on a lark just now I didn't skill it on a midgame LCPL and he seems to blow up walls fine. I know some people here don't take Sapper on support engi, so I was curious if they have observations about non-sapper alien grenades with/without mayhem against the tougher cover types.

Really boring meta-play/strategy map, the combat/tactical is actually really fun once you get into it due to a fuckton of tanks and good explosive/cover mechanics.

Nurse Viper mod WHEN?

>waifufags

Go back to the xeno thread on /aco/

Vhalen is the waifu.
Vipers are just the XCOM relief tool.

Looks like EW Long War will be the best we ever get. Really disappointed with Jake's fantasy fetish game with more LOS issues than EW vanilla.

That's just like, your opinion man.

>he doesn't like timed missions

lmao just go fast and kill the aliens

PsyReanimate.

What is the most fun alien to use in Challenge Mode and why is it the Andromedon?

Just bought an alloy SHIV for the first time in LW, I have a good feeling about this

It will be destroyed on day 0.

I build like one basic shiv a campaign to use as cannon fodder on early large landeds. SHIVs a shit imo

It's been a long time since I played EW, but I remember SHIVs being great flankers. Not needing to worry about cover and having a decent aim/damage gun lets them scoot up to wherever they're needed and start laying down hurt.

Yeah, my basic SHIV got destroyed on its first 2 out of 3 missions, but it is convenient on terror for drawing fire from civvies. But this time it will be different. The strength of alloys is out of this world!

That's Chryssalids. Nothing better than spawning a cocoon that you can actually control.

lids are criminally unrepresented in X2

Are large landed ships in June traps to be ignored in Long War 1? I know about the landed supply barge trap, but I thought that happened way earlier.

Everyone needs to stop thinking a mission with a lot of enemies is a trap.

The snare missions in LW1 are landed smalls with a crazy garrison aboard them. The snare missions in LW2 are a regular hack mission flooded with faceless and only happens from Alert Level (Advent Strength) 7 and up.

And to answer your question, no they're just tough missions.

Trap has a very specific meaning in LW1. It is a mission type where when you are doing well the aliens are likely to try to fill a small UFO with 30 aliens to have some fun with your rookies.

You can win a landed large in June and it will be a big boost to your campaign. But you don't have to, depends on how confident you feel about your best available soldiers etc. Play carefully.

Yeah. For such an iconic enemy, you barely see them. I kind of wish they were a bit more fragile, but turned up MUCH earlier.

this was the moment the archon realized he fucked up

this is probably my favorite glitch. everyone spawned on the same point, near the objective at the back of the map

made for an interesting mission

Oh, okay. I thought the clown car scouts were called ambushes, so I just meant "trap" as a mission presented but not expected to be won. Thanks for the heads up.

These will never stop being fun to make.

Am I the only one that thinks they look like fish?

probably

Well, they are blue and the sea is blue, so i guess it makes sense.

They are more purple than blue imo

I just faced 12 lids in a Chosen defense mission.

Someone should just re-introduce the normal lid again since that can easily balanced with stat tweaks for early game. Later on, you can re-introduce the X2 variants. Also, you could make some scary mixed pods with burrowing lids and more hardier lids in the same mission to keep you guessing.

They're clearly blue, it's just the lighting in that scene is purple.

Yeah it's just the lighting

Looks blue to me.