/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Misheard Streamer Lines/Where is December Patch? Edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Current Q:C News: Patch coming in December supposedly, sometime post-Dreamhack: one new map, a new character, increased stacks for everyone, various other small things I forgot. Also, Twitch drops are apparently gone. RIP free shit, you gave me many shards.

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SSNNhUAVRuA
youtube.com/watch?v=gpir6ZZKmcM
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

previous map:

>Also, Twitch drops are apparently gone. RIP free shit, you gave me many shards.
Fuck, I forgot. Twitch Drops are still a thing. Didn't fix this statement. My bad.

Same drop rate as before? Does having multiple streams open still boost the drop rate?

Im not sure user, I just open a streamer I like and I'm still getting chests and favor.
I got a reliquary watching dreamhack winter.

I just ride the hosting train as it goes along, with only 1 webpage open.

It's slow as fuck now. I watched a lot of DHW and only got 1 drop.

>spawn on plasma trail
>instant death
fun fucking game

someone needs a chill pill

What are all these delicious presents? Is it my hatch day?

>team flames you for not picking support
fun game

which game are we talking about now?

give me the patch right now or i'll hurt tim

quake heroes "only melee"

give me the patch right now or i'll hurt myself

give me the patch right now but I'll still hur myself

You can't hurt me. I invented deathmatch.

Is there really no CS:GO general? I looked and i found nothing, where does CS:GO go?

in the toilet

no one actually likes the gameplay of csgo. people just bet on it and sell skins.

I'm very very bad at quake champions. How long did it take you to git gud?

depends do you want to be gut or eat my balls,bro gut.

>choose doom
>activate ability
you are good
>choose anarki / slash
>only melee
you are good

>there will never be ingame option to play duel for money

Anyone wants to play some QC?

>anyone want to play some shit game?
no

hmu when it's not broken

So never?

ranger passive should be 'takes no self damage'

patches are unpredictable
you never know

So what do you want to play then?

doctor

o-okay

>decline a match
>matchmaking penalty
wtf, qc is so fucking retarded

>When op was posted by ledditor
Are we commiting a fusion here or something?
or was /arena/ just that lazy that leddit makes things for us now?

huh

give me the patch and nobody gets hurt

>Nyx hair
Nice touch user.

Nice.

what's the best way to grind xp in qc?

There is no easy way to grind.
Find way to have many medals as possible/kills. Doomgay/Niggerki grinding should work.

Nice meme OP

Queue for TDM, and just play.
FFA would be better if you're good and it was more popular but TDM matches pop faster, and you can play with friends.

none of my friends is retarded enough to play qc

tdm against 4 anarkids or against 4 dooms?

I play ql so idm

4 dooms

I don't even know why I'm holding out for QC to get fixed.
Every time I play QL or QC I get sad that I'm not playing CPMA, then I get even more sad because the fututer doesn't seem to have any CPMA in it.

why dont you play cpma?

because he's a contrarian fag.

literally have to play against the same 20 faggots every game

isn't that what arena shooters are all about? small community?
it feels like im playing against the same few people even in qc.

More often than not I can't find a game

Why the fuck can't you turn off the ambient sound in qc? Sounds give you no fucking information

he's retarded

Turn off the music dipshit.

music and voice turned off

do you not know what ambient sound is you fucking moron?

the earth is HUHngry

GIB PATCH NOW!

when are they going to add freeze tag?

They better add fucking CTF first.

That's all i god damned want out of this game, CTF and TDM on repeat allday everyday.
That way I can finally uninstall UT2003 playing CTF with bots, and I can play with real people again in an AFPS that I like.

>ut2003
Im a noob as far as afps but isnt 2k4 considered better?

just play sacrifice. it's pretty much the same thing. freeze tag is more special.

also you replied really fast.

>just play sacrifice. it's pretty much the same thing.
No. No it's not. It's pretty fucking far from CTF.
Sac is fucking horrible, and I hate it. It's nothing more than an attempt to mash up some CoD and Overwatch game modes and it's a piece of shit.
CTF is far better than Sac will ever be. The only good thing about sac is the soul throwing mechanic that stops you from using abilities.
God do I miss CTF. Sac is not CTF.
It's shit.
Timmy you gemu a shit. SHIIIIIT.
Now give me fucking CTF, you cheap ass.

>Im a noob as far as afps but isnt 2k4 considered better?
You take that bad. UT2004 was what killed UT.
Fucking dumbasses thought it'd be great to make a wannabe halo. Stupid vehicals and shit.
UT2003 was pure. UT2003 was fucking awesome. UT2004 was just shitting on the UT we all loved.

i missed the part where vehicles in 2k4 somehow stopped the rest of the modes from existing

>It's nothing more than an attempt to mash up some CoD and Overwatch game modes and it's a piece of shit.
there's nothing in either of those games thats like sacrifice

sacrifice is like ctf except you hold the flag after you cap it. that's it.

literally just mixed domination and ctf together so they could host one game mode instead of 2

except domination is a map control gametype while sacrifice you're only controlling your obelisk which only be activated by taking the psuedo-flag
in other words, very little in common with domination.

cmon user. just be happy you have something similar to ctf meanwhile there's nothing for freeze tag fans like me. you should be thankful.

There's no point in freeze tag. It's fucking retarded. It's sad that you can't make custom games but nobody will miss fucking freeze tag

>there's nothing in either of those games thats like sacrifice
ACtually in BO3 there is specifically a mode about getting a Ball to a goal point that is exactly like the Sac Soul. It's called Uplink. And in BO3 there is Domination where there are cirlces on the ground that you capture and try to keep people out of.
Then ontop of that, it uses King of the Hill capture over time mechanics from basically every KotH game ever.

Sac is not CTF. It really isn't.
It's a terrible half assed wanna be mode that's a clusterfuck other "Esports" modes in other FPS games.
It is literally Uplink+Domination+KoTH.
And it's irritating and not fun to play.

I loved CTF, and I hate Sac.
I want to play CTF, CTF was hella fun, Sac is not.

>ACtually in BO3
you know what? you win. i stopped playing at BO2. regardless, it's still close enough ctf that it's acceptable. you guys are the only ones complaining about sacrifice.

there's nothing like freeze tag. they need to work on that game mode more than any other.

freezetag is one of the most underrated game modes in ql. it combines the fast-paced action and resource management of tdm with the tactical-focus and clutch factor of clan arena. it's a totally unique experience and it's really fun.

>accidentally hit ability key
>get stuck on a bump in the floor
>waste plasma trail on a three foot area
>flee the scene of the crime
>five seconds later
>BALLET

>. regardless, it's still close enough ctf that it's acceptable
No it's not. It's not even close.
It's fucking irritating to play, it's not fun to watch, it's a boring rip of other game modes, and it's only interesting when Tox and 2gd are playing because they're fun people to watch play.

CTF is so much better, and more inviting to new players, and has been proven time and time again.
Sac has already proven to be the pain in the ass peice of shit that can't be watched.

Look man. im not saying no to Freeze Tag, Im saying no to Sac.

They need CTF ASAP, because no one fucking plays sac anymore because it's irritating trash. People love CTF, its the 2nd most important game mode to casual players following with TDM.
PLus they said CTF is coming. So CTF needs to hurry the fuck up and get here so I can play it.

How is CPMA able to push a hockey player through glass?

it represents the stubbornness of cpma players and their delusion that they are the only players who matter, who have ever mattered, and who will ever matter

>the only difference between Halo and other FPSs is vehicles

Where the fuck is the classic duel for QC huh?

Shouldn't he be skating circles around the other guy? Or something that is even remotely relevant?

>expecting cpmababbies to be witty enough for that type of thing

THE PATCH

never coming
never fixing the things it should fix
always disappointment

foreverially quaditized

all I want is a crosshair i can actually see

>you have to unlock the crosshairs trough loot boxes

>intentionally missing the point.

>LEGENDARY

They arent this stupid. Trust me, they know better than this.

it's hard to trust bethseda to do anything right, considering the state of the game now.

>They arent this stupid. Trust me, they know better than this.

Given EA's massive fuck-up with Battlefront 2, I doubt they would want to risk drawing heat by putting cross-hairs in lootboxes

we're talking about the same company that's fine with charging 18 dollars for a single fucking skin.

>the absolute state of duel
>how to win any duel in 3 easy steps
>pick anarki and rush rockets, disregard armor and mega, they are worthless trash
>camp rockets through the entire game
>if you die, switch to doomguy and use your ability to get a free kill
>if you die, switch to clutch, rush rockets and use your ability to get a free kill

Fair point. I personally think no company could possibly be that tone deaf about the anti-lootbox outrage, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was proven wrong.

>Guess who's back!
I don't get Slash's match intro. When did she ever leave?

If he's camping rockets then you should be camping the mega items and railing his ass.

She disappears every time you close the game
It won't be long before shes gone forever

read the manga

>railing anarki
nice meme