/domg/ - Dominions General

Read the manual edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
Read it.
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
Coming sooner or later.
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
The best way to learn how to play is to get stomped.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
For testing stuff.
dropbox.com/s/gc9io6paebo4pj3/Debug_501.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=GrimDarkness
llamaserver.net/admin.cgi?game=GrimDarkness
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is it even a good thing to build your sacreds as Therodos? Even if they're pretty decently statted, your gold is just so damn precious and the spectres are generally pretty good for expanding already.

How do i into early expansion if i've went full scales LA C'tis and Bogarus?

That's a big thug

If i equip 2 amulets of resilience, will i get +1 reinvig total or do they not stack?

Is there available documentation of event(chains)s and the dire portents from global enchantments?

The same item generally doesn't stack, and I know other reinvig items don't stack with themselves.

Grab a girdle or something instead of the second amulet.

PSA: Asspoodle has a 400 strong army with his pretender at 36.

I love ichtyids!

What are you going to do against other players after expansion?

Skipping them while you expand does sound potentially worthwhile, since thero seems to get a lot more spectres now.

send pics

I HATE THEM

snitches get stitches

any interest in a newbie game?

create it and faggots will join

?

Epic as usual, Bob.

What's the required amount of research points for every level of research?

Why would it be samefagging?

google it faggot

Depends on your research settings.

Well, part of the reason I asked is because I don't really know myself. The most intuitive route seems to be alteration, crafting, and thugs since Thero has pretty good sacred mages with access to earth, water, and nature in addition to good crafting. I don't know what do do about things like banishment though. Manually building sacreds as a popkill nation that doesn't have a natural source of bless just seems very counterproductive.

Do your turns, and no one gets hurt

I loved the idea of having the finest administrator as a god, and i've LITERALLY went full scales.
Which nation would most benefit from this useless, but skillful leader?

>10 dominion human
huge waste of points

If you want to be the god of paper pushing, play LA Man and use the Magister chassis.

Hinnom benefits more from full scales than any other nation does, but that exact god has Turmoil and the wrong temp scale for them. You also don't need 10 dominion.

>Full scales
>Turmoil 3 with 10dom

What did he mean by this

I find it hilarious that Man's Magister can potentially be less skilled in magic than the regular Magister hires.

I tought that since my scales were god-tier, i should have done my best to actually make them stick to my lands. But i guess 10 is overkill after all.
Turmoil is fore more events, since going full scales would open up literally all the good events except the order ones (but they'd be even rarer if i went full order)
I'll check man and hinnom then, maybe ulm as well.

Pssst... Shade Beasts now reanimate people as Kami of the Moon.

Shade Beast/Kami horde new meta?

No way

Scrub here.
What's the point of all the ressources when you don't have enough recruitment points to use them all?

Guess shade beasts are finally worth summoning now

Iunno. Play Abysia?

>I tought that since my scales were god-tier, i should have done my best to actually make them stick to my lands. But i guess 10 is overkill after all.
That's not a bad idea but doing it with a human (dominion 1) chassis costs exponentially more points than on a titan or immobile chassis. The highest I would go with 1 starting is 6 or maybe 7.

You may as well go full order if you're going full scales. Higher event chance probably isn't worth it over being able to field a few decent stacks of cavalry before other's research comes online.

Besides, how can you be the god of bureaucrats and have such a disorderly state of affairs.

Hey, they posted "stat fixes" in the patch notes, so I guess Shade Beasts were always supposed to summon hordes of Kami and it was just never picked up till now.

Glad they finally fixed the long-standing bug where Shade Beasts spawned soulless instead of hordes of Japanese God-spirits.

Just tried this, they don't.

Works on Polypal Spawn only, apparently.

Anyone up for a new EA game?

how2 blood economy for LA Ulm

Start with a god that can summon vampires.
Summon vampires.

Tfw no more as in tfw there are not any more expensive versions with those effects. I worded it oddly.
>takes literal seconds to set up a match against an easy AI on a non-genned map with a random creator
>you can test expansion to your heart's content
>people don't
I'm pretty damn sure I set mine to fire rear the other day. He killed one of the two indy comes and half of their bodyguards.
In pretender creation, both dominion points and magic paths scale exponentially the higher you raise them from base. The cheapest high dominion you can take are the T4 totem-types, then the T3 titans, though the titans having legs makes them more expensive.

I am.

I'm not

[HEAD TEMPERATURE RISING]

Game: DawnOfJUST
Turn number 2
>

Asphodel 2h file received
Atlantis 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Machaka 2h file received
Man 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
Pythium 2h file received
R'lyeh 2h file received
Vanarus 2h file received
Sceleria 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
>Uruk Waiting for 2h file

Consider this your official bully.

I'm not sure

maybe

Can you repeat the question?

Do it.

How do I expand as Yomi, without relying on an awake pretender?

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=GrimDarkness

Just join up already, you homos.

Dai Oni + whatever free spawn Oni expand reasonably well.

Dai Oni spam. Especially if you took a decent non-incarnate bless.

Freespawn + cheap spear dudes isn't all that bad either as long as you pick your targets carefully and don't mind the relatively high attrition.

Don't tell me what to do

Don't backtalk me.

Don't threaten me. I know where your capital is.

That information is useless unless you join my game though.

whereas you would be a lil bitch

go back to the kiddy table

Post map pic.

Make me.

Pretty standard, except with less UW. Still enough for 1 UW player if you want to, though 2 Uw or more would be pretty cramped.

doo lade, adlandis is here :DD

>implying everyone won't join as UW nations now, to have a proper UWBOWL

brb making R'lyeh pretender

fug off gadfishe xDD

Joined as Therodos

Not that Rlyeh guy, but I have just joined as Rlyeh.

Be aware that Atlantis has easy access to magic weapons on their basic troops, so your ghosts will be at a disadvantage.

I have easy access to you mom lad

UWBOWL CONFIRMED GET HYPE

>already joined as a land nation in a UWBOWL
fug

You can send in a new pretender with the same email address and it'll automatically replace the old one.

I'm new and don't know how into uw yet

>9 players
>3 UW
>1 land player is new
Well this will be a stomp.

It's more or less the same as a land nation except nobody has archers and half your shit can't leave the water.

Also UW tends to have more dangerous indies, with Shark Tribe and Amber Tribe shitters being able to hit above their level quite well.

Shows Ur on the list now but I didn't get an email back, I hope that's me.

It probably is. Llama sometimes doesn't send the confirmation mail lately, or at least sends it with a significant delay.

Sometimes I get the "turn received" confirmation AFTER the "new turn" announcement, which is a bit confusing.

>posted 42 minutes ago
>8 out of 9 spots already filled
O-okay, I'll wait for the next one then

...why not just take the last spot?

Maybe he's retarded?

Because my pretender testing always takes hour atleast and by then it is too late.
Although jumping into UWBOWL would be hilarious

>not having a couple premade and pretested pretenders on hand for when a game pops up
You have much to learn.

I must be the retarded one because my game crashed with this error when I tried to load the game.

Go to the game page and click on the map name.

llamaserver.net/admin.cgi?game=GrimDarkness
It's on the admin page, the map name is a link that will let you download it. Just go to your game, open user directory, and put the files in your "map" folder.

I don't understand what you mean, sorry I'm a brainlet.

Yeah I realized I was being vague, corrected myself here

Alright I understand, thank you.

Which nation are you playing?
jw

All your troops are shit except the guys on horseback.

Don't go full scales bogarus.
Take an awake ormr or something.
Other than that, your spearmen+bowmen can beat small provinces fairly easily, then once you have a group of 10 or so malaia druzhina with a styag or two, you can use that to beat guys up.

>take longer than 30 minutes to do turn 1

>game already started
>llama hasn't sent my turn yet
>asking for turn resend doesn't work

baka

What nation?

LA C'tis expands reasonably well with Falchioneers, Lizard Kings and Empoisoners at full scales.

Your expansion parties will be ~2/3 turns worth of Falchiondudes and Sacred Serpents, plus some shitty indie chaff from surroundings, led by a Lizard King. You'll be supplimenting that with Empoisoners, who'll kill off indie commanders and let you scoutcap provinces. Expansion isn't fantastic, but it's perfectly functional.

Therodos

Also nvm, for some reason a bunch of llamaserver emails were marked as spam

doing my turn rn