/emugen/

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!4EFB0Y6b!YPWpdghOHDCt1qhHm7ydfTPSNLtTg0fb3W_V_9eSSys
a.uguu.se/GQGTVHWinOMA.txt
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/7cbhoh/comment/dpppafq
pastebin.com/3z0SR7Qp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It has been a while lads

bump

What are you guys emulating?

I got this to run fine on Windows 10 though

vita emulator when

Me too, but I was just experimenting around with the vanilla version, no patches whatsoever

PCSX2 SOFTWARE ONLY CORE
WHEN
H
E
N

Just downloaded pcsx2 and looking at games to try.

>After failing at improving reicast, Daniel has a new plan.

02:56 guess the only way Dreamcast emulation will become decent if some altruistic dev has a shot at it
02:56 maybe we should try it ourselves
02:56 hell they all use the Sega SDK docs anyway
02:56 and they all walk into the same pitfalls
02:56 how hard can it be really?
02:57 at this point I can’t even blame demul anymore

There's no shortage of altruistic devs. What you need is a *good* altruistic dev, and that's a taller order.

>Cemu runs better than Dolphin, PCSX2 and Citra

Fucking how?

These other emulators emulate entire videogame consoles, Cemu emulates Breath of the Wild.

I haven't played BOTW, but I get full speed in Captain Toad and Super Mario 3D World with an i5 and a GTX 970.

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

PS2 emulator when?

>Elf from Deutsche Demokratische Republik

He also has access to all N64 docs and yet Parallel is utter shit

> After failing at improving reicast

There is nothing done in redream at this point that is even better than reicast. It's objectively worse than reicast, which is objectively worse than nulldc.

Good luck hoping for these saviors to save Dreamcast emulation, I think you'll likely find that first it will involve a huge sum of money going from contributors to author before it will ever amount to anything close to demul. Money priorities come before the passion and drive of wanting to emulate the Dreamcast properly.

Also, he wanted the libretro core to be behind a paywall too, which was perhaps inevitable.

Perhaps his whole grand departure is just a convenient smokescreen for him basically wanting to circle the wagons on any binaries and any binary (whether libretro or not) will have to cost money in order for people to be able to use them.

So much for all this open source stuff I guess. At least RCPS3 is kicking ass and getting stuff done and it doesn't center around an obsolete console that only 30+ year olds care about at this stage. Dreamcast deserved butter but oh well, shit is what it is.

butter=better*

>wanting to circle the wagons on any binaries and any binary (whether libretro or not) will have to cost money in order for people to be able to use them.
Yeah good fucking luck with that, I don't know how he even feel he's important enough to warrant that, if he was in the same position as ePSXe or Drastic I could see it (either large presence to ride on or straight up being better than any alternative)

>He never implied that, and the only thing behind a paywall is builds.
>implying the built core isn't also a build of his emulator

>02:56 hell they all use the Sega SDK docs anyway
Isn't there more than basic SDK docs available? Not on the level of oman, but I think there's some docs that describe the system at a deeper level.

Has SP ever written or contributed to the core of an emulator? He seems to be doing good work on RA and porting cores, but whenever he talks about emulation itself he comes up as rather naive. "how hard can it be really?" The answer is pretty damn hard.

I doubt Daniel could even write something as simple as a chip8 emulator if his life depended on it.

He would start ranting that all other chip8 emulators are copy pasted from stolen SDK...

I'm pretty sure he could do that easily if he cared to. Making a Dreamcast emulator would be a different story.

> I doubt Daniel could even write something as simple as a chip8 emulator if his life depended on it.

Could you?

He's contributed to cores, but I doubt he's written one from scratch.

If everyone does a CHIP-8 emulator from the same documentation, then he wouldn't be wrong...

OK, I looked around and found them:
mega.nz/#!4EFB0Y6b!YPWpdghOHDCt1qhHm7ydfTPSNLtTg0fb3W_V_9eSSys

>mega.nz/#!4EFB0Y6b!YPWpdghOHDCt1qhHm7ydfTPSNLtTg0fb3W_V_9eSSys

That is what everybody has used yes.

It's also the reason why all the open source Dreamcast emus all have the same bugs and the same broken feature sets. Redream in particular seems to have borrowed a lot of its code directly from Reicast, which in turn was a deliberately gimped nulldc for mobile.

But it just seems to be that slavishly adhering to these docs too gets one in the N64 emu rut of everybody just replicating the same broken crap without being able to push forward. Real reversing is needed here, maybe a Ryphecha to pave the way, since neither skmp or inolen seem to be any good at that. Problem is, Ryphecha wouldn't know how to write good GL/Vulkan code either, or dynarecs, so there is a problem here. Either Ryphecha writes an accurate but very slow Dreamcast emulator in Mednafen and then somebody takes it from there and makes it hardware accelerated, or we keep having these projects that just wastes everybody's time with grand promises and little to show for it.

Haze and SP should get married to each other.

This is classic SP, he brings up the leaked docs without any specifics every time he wants to shit on some emudev he doesn't like, he did it with PJ64 and Cemu (is there any proof of that even) as well. Just like he says Exophase is going to get sued for Drastic, byuu is a high school dropout who can't do 3D math, the Demul devs should get invaded by Russia or the time he insulted some guy for working for Oracle which according to him is the most miserable a human being can be.

>Could you?
Yeah, I have.

>Cemu (is there any proof of that even)
Many of the WiiU games have debug symbols in them, which makes emulation much easier. There's no leaked internal docs like Daniel seems to think.

Do they all use it or not?

It's very simple really. Either it's true or it isn't. Either everybody is magically doing clean-room reversing, or nobody isn't. Can't have it both ways.

And we both know the answer to this question anyway, which is why you are upset about it. Because it's true.

There is leaked source code up the wazoo and it has been leaked for at least close to 2+ years now. Contains everything you need to know to get stuff up and running. You don't even have to resort to games that have debug symbols in them.

>There is leaked source code
What do you mean by 'leaked source code'?

>Either everybody is magically doing clean-room reversing, or nobody isn't.
Daniel in full autism mode.

There are entire IRC dumps where the leads of #n64dev admit that nobody has done clean-room reversing and that literally krom was the first guy to take attempts at doing it. This was in 2014 or so. Let's not be in denial here, everybody used the same shit to cobble together their N64 emulators.

It is no different for Dreamcast.

I told you to not post that fat elf user, post healthy dark elf instead

>He feels the need to defend the honor of emudevs

lol

for a moment I thought I was on /v/

There are entire IRC dumps where the leads of #mame admit that they has done clean-room reversing years ago.

But why I'm discussing it with someone retarded, who can only think in 0 and 1 state?

>or the time he insulted some guy for working for Oracle which according to him is the most miserable a human being can be.
t. never worked for oracle

>they has done clean-room reversing years ago.
THEY WUZ REVERSE ENGINEER AN SHIEEET

>they has done
>But why I'm discussing it
>who can only think in 0 and 1 state?

Only one person here writes English that broken.

It's Veeky Forums, idiot.

Obvious pajeet is obvious.

Hug me /emugen/

No way, fag.

I would hug those if I were you

They're called "PCSX2", "hps2x64" and "Play!". You're welcome.

E M O T I O N L E S S

>before it will ever amount to anything close to demul
You need to understand that they never had what it takes to make anything close to being as good as Demul. Money isn't the problem, they just lack the skill in the first place.

>But it just seems to be that slavishly adhering to these docs too gets one in the N64 emu rut of everybody just replicating the same broken crap without being able to push forward.
Son, Oman's stuff is actually good. Sadly, some of the people using it, didn't copy it properly LOL. HLE is especially pathetic.

>Problem is, Ryphecha wouldn't know how to write good GL/Vulkan code either, or dynarecs, so there is a problem here.
What's the point of open source if 1 person has to do everything? This is why open sourcing is a joke..

> Redream in particular seems to have borrowed a lot of its code directly from Reicast
That is so sad. He's trying to make money off code that is largely copied from someone else? I never liked, nor trusted the guy Tbh pham, but this is a new low.

>he did it with PJ64
He's definitely wrong there. The creator never personally used oman's.

>literally krom was the first guy to take attempts at doing it.
>not knowing about Angrylion or zilmar
Stop talking as if you know what you're talking about.

DanteAli = tDanielA
trans confirmed

I want to shove my face into those things

Persona 1 on PPSSPP on Linux.
Cutscenes are grey and I can spot some movement but it's not clear, unwatchable.
I've been googlin for a while now, any hints as to what causes this?

The horns? You'd go blind.

I was talking about the breasts

"Linux" is pretty vague. Did you get it through your distro's package manager? Is it the latest? Is it stable or beta?

My bad.
It's PPSSPP 1.4.2 compiled using sdl, not qt5.

Same thing on 1.5.2, I've been googlin some more and I have not seen a single person with a similar issue.

I've never noticed how detailed his fur is

Compile it with the built in ffmpeg library, not the systemwide.
You are welcome.

left or right?

Left

Also what game

Breath of fire 3. That one is ps1 but there's also psp version.

Thanks.

>>not knowing about Angrylion or zilmar

Angrylion ripped off oman SDK's verilog and ran it through a verilog to C program.

Zilmar - just cribbed off Oman SDK.

>You need to understand that they never had what it takes to make anything close to being as good as Demul. Money isn't the problem, they just lack the skill in the first place.

That is true. Asked inolen plenty times about volume shadows or OIT, and it sounded as if it was the first time I brought it up to him. GPU tech was not his specialty, only JIT stuff.

So if he can't figure that out, and can't find anybody to do it either, I don't see it becoming much better than Reicast, never mind supplanting Demul.

Anyone know where I can find a DL of PPSSPP 1.5 Gold?

Why would you want to download PPSSPP Gold, it's not any different from the regular version

>Anyone know where I can find a DL of PPSSPP 1.5 Gold?
Rename to .exe: a.uguu.se/GQGTVHWinOMA.txt

literally just asking for a friend. he claims it has full vulcan support

Well tell him that the regular version has it too

Thanks!

>Zilmar - just cribbed off Oman SDK.
If you looked at his code, it should be obvious that he hasn't looked at Oman's. It has had bugs for years, due to NOT using Oman's. He's not like some other devs who copy paste Oman's and introduce regressions.

>Angrylion ripped off oman SDK's verilog and ran it through a verilog to C program.
What he did was take MAME's old code, use Oman's, and did additional testing on the real hardware. In other words, it's not entirely copy pasted code. Basically the best of both worlds because using docs saves a lot of time, and he still improves upon the accuracy by doing hardware tests.

>I don't see it becoming much better than Reicast
I heard nullDC is still better than Reicast. If I were to bother with DC emulation, I'd probably just fork nullDC and maybe backport any good changes made in Reicast.

>GPU tech was not his specialty, only JIT stuff.
Lol then how does he expect to make money? Only a fool would throw money for a project ran by a guy like that.

>Demul
I heard it's just one guy working on it these days. Does anyone know if there's any chance that they will recruit new people?

Honestly, it's depressing to hear about the state of DC emulation. I'm honestly tempted to just burn discs and play on the real hardware.

Regarding Demul, it hasn't progressed Dreamcast emulation much in the last few years due to the dev focusing on arcade emulation (e.g. Naomi, Atomiswave).

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/7cbhoh/comment/dpppafq

>What he did was take MAME's old code, use Oman's, and did additional testing on the real hardware. In other words, it's not entirely copy pasted code. Basically the best of both worlds because using docs saves a lot of time, and he still improves upon the accuracy by doing hardware tests.

That's decent I guess.

>I'm honestly tempted to just burn discs and play on the real hardware.
Not really much better .cdi rips as good as they became are still pretty fucking shit, GDemu is where it's at but it's stupidly expensive for what it is.
Demul is tolerable now that the main crashing issues are gone and savestate work, situation could be improved still but what can you do anybody trying to do anything about DC emultion seems to lack the ability to not fuck everything up.

Is this Daniel?

Stop slandering and libelling people.

He will never stop and you know it

pastebin.com/3z0SR7Qp

because dreamcast emulation is already done

Stupid question. Can I connect my pc to an old crt and emulate snes-genesis-ps1 games? Would the image be any good?

Do not go down this rabbit hole, young one.

You already being here says enough.

But I already have a pc and lots of emulators and asked mom about our old crt from my childhood and I'm almost nearly 30 so yeah.

>I'm not a retard, but I play one on the internet

Naw, that's one of our resident anons who keeps posting about byuu being a pedophile

>Lol then how does he expect to make money? Only a fool would throw money for a project ran by a guy like that.
JIT stuff can help with speed. Some people obsess over speed religiously. Playing shit on toasters is more important to them than anything else.
To them, it doesn't matter how compatible, functional, good at sync, or accurate an emulator is. Only that it runs 'good enough' as fast as possible on the lowest end hardware.

Those people saturate the mobile market more than anything else though.

>reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/7cbhoh/comment/dpppafq
>and btw, Demul team is "open" anyone who really interested in development, have good tech skills, so may contact team and try to join.
Thanks for posting the link. Good to hear that they are open.

There's a lot to do if you jump down there. Seriously. You'll be pushing for pixel accurate fullscreen resolutions, hacks to mimic 15kHz, superwide for tuning blur as close as possible, NTSC palette recreation, etc.
Then when the CRTs' geometry or colors fuck up once a month because the earth's gravity and magnetic fields shift throughout the year it'll give you headaches reconfiguring it.
Finally when the CRT dies you'll miss it really hard and keep buying them.
Most thrift stores and disposal services will not accept CRTs due to them rightfully being considered hazardous waste. So you'll just have a pile of dead CRTs making you wish for more and miss just playing games. But it won't feel right because autism specific CRT output is just that fucking beautiful.

Please. Don't do what I've done. Just play games.
It's not worth the compounding headaches and effort. It's better to just not experience it.

>Zilmar - just cribbed off Oman SDK.
Zilmar didn't use Oman. But he did mimic emulators that did, so the waters are deeply muddied.

As an aside, apparently the Indiana Jones microcode has been mostly decoded and we should see an HLE implementation in the near future. We are drawing closer and closer to HLEing 100% of N64 games, but the problem that underpins HLE is subpixel accuracy due to a lack of coverage emulation. Until that's fixed, games like Mario 64 and Perfect Dark will have horrible seams that become more obvious with higher resolutions.

>horrible seams that become more obvious with higher resolutions
I actually don't mind this. Looks like ass, but whatever. Native N64 composite out looks even worse.
All the minor errors like that are such a small trade off to get away from real hardware's Vaseline output.

After trying to play so many real consoles recently to see if they work before selling them off, I can certainly say it's the same for most hardware. But N64 is one of the worst.
So much blur from the VI filter and composite distortion. So hideous, so many crappy framerates, so much controller delay.
Oh how much people tolerated just to get 3D on a widespread home console.

>JIT stuff can help with speed.
It is, but if you can't write good gpu code, it's largely useless. Just take a look at N64 emulation. PJ64 and 1964 has decent JIT code, but there's no good video plugins besides Angrylion's. Since Angrylion's RDP is largely unoptimized (not really blaming him since he focuses more on accuracy instead of optimizations), N64 emulation is in a poor state overall.

Any toaster can run N64 emulation these days (under the right setup), but the user experience is largely unsatisfying, even for people with low standards. It's kind of sad that people have to use Glide64 with some closed source d3d wrapper, just to enjoy Super Smash Bros on their toaster.

Basically what I'm saying is that if all a person can do is write some JIT with flaws, they have no business trying to make money from emulation.

>But he did mimic emulators that did
Before porting to Android, he didn't even look look at other emulator code. Only thing tainted in PJ64 are the plugins really.

>apparently the Indiana Jones microcode has been mostly decoded and we should see an HLE implementation in the near future.
Please tell me there won't be another campaign.