/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Fort Edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

>Gameplay footage?
You can find a list of streamers and recorders for a general time frame here:
pastebin.com/kg2VnSYd

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>Archive Initiative (for case recordings)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
Continuity Update featuring Yu, better Barnham, and Maya from PLvAA!

Last thread:

Meeeeeem!

Why is Turnabout Academy lowkey the best DD case?

Tonight, at 6PM EST, the doc for RED/BLUE Game 2 will drop in the Arcade

because it had two great girls

Because it had best girl Blackquill

It was shit come on.

>Sissel
*tips*
>Layton
Fine
>Laurice
Fine
>Naoto
Fine
>Light
*tips*
>Greg
*tips*
>Maria
*tips*
>Dhurke
*tips* m'lady
>Drebber
*tips*
>Manfred
*tips* m'fuckin'lady

I think I'll stick to regular cases, I'm too old for that edgy stuff.

What does that even mean?

That he is too young to understand what edgy stuff actually is.

*tips*

lewd

Kekeke... That's right, Samuel Eagleye, the feared bounty hunter from the future... This little baby can't know what edge is. Now beware as I, a soldier from one of the many wars following the great disaster, injured and rebuilt with proto-cybernetics, an avid technology lover (including The Bunker's), moonwalk away while surfing my katana, as I hope that Manfred von Karma, survivor of the great disaster and hardened veteran of a number of wars that followed, can accompany me.

Must think Blackquill is edgy

Blackquill is the cool type of edgy, and that's expected considering he was written by professionals. is cringesome.

I wish you good luck in your journey, Drebber Enoch, soldier from the many wars that followed the great disaster, a cyborg rebuilt with proto-cybernetics. But do not seek me! For I am a very mysterious man, a man of few words and a past unknown to almost everyone. It'd be great if we could keep it this way... It's been bad enough that this cursed right hand of the Defiant Dragons and resident of the future, Light Field, knows about it! As a mysterious man, I'd like to remain in the path of mystery.

He is tho
>cool type of edgy
Nah, he is cringesome too.

The irony. It's always teenagers who think their edgy characters are not edgy. Adults admit they are edgy and either don't care or get cringe vibes and stray away from them.

Not really, taking into account people who write this things are normally at least legal adults and that even if unrelated to this, teenagers also call slightly dark things edgy just to look cool.
It's edgy however, compared to AA at least,

Shut up Verin.

No you, Verin.

Quit posting anytime, fclss.

Shut up, fclss

Fuck off, CC.

Kyle Hyde when

When you rip it.

Nice samefagging Gato, Gato and Gato.

His name is Enoch Drebber, not Drebber Enoch

Woops, fixing now

Who cares in the end. It's all fictional.

The DG has dropped in the Arcade, 4 people needed

Now only 2.

AOV will be dead within the next 2 months.

t. hasn't been here for the last two years

>It's another "Verin gets mad because his theory was proven wrong at the very beginning" episode.

>its an EMPRAH has been witch hunting, shitposting, crashing cases, and bombing docs and ADMITTING TO IT but still hasn't been punished like Paper was for doing less than he episode

Please keep it in the containment discord we have

No, he has been CRASHING CASES MULTIPLE TIMES, this effects EVERYONE who cases. HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO REMAIN ON THIS SERVER!

I think you should POST MORE any make sure to CAPITALIZE random words for EMPHASIS

Why are people bitching again?

i think we should be more genuine with our words instead of hiding behind shitposts

Fuck OFF, Verin.

I dunno, I guess it was too quiet in the thread before so the usual suspects decided to return and shitpost in here.

I am having gameplay trouble with two girls.

The first one is the teacher. She is my lover. It took several attempts to get to be a lover with her since the max success rate I'd get from that is 15%.

Despite being lovers, my success rate with her on actions such as kissing, hugging or even lewd talking is very low, and it's always 0% for H. Is there any way to improve this?

The other girl is a high virtue, lean homo girl (PC is male). After a LOT of effort I got her to hold the opinion "I think I like them..." for me. But she still always has 0% for "ask on date" and "ask to be lovers", though it is like 70% for "confess". What to do here?

This isnt AA2G lmao

Wrong thread buddy, I think the other is 2 blocks down.

>bro's tantrum in discord

>Verin cries like a bitch because no one wanted him to fuck up another case
>Gets called out for almost fucking up another case
>Bro defends him
wew lad

tl;dr?

just make gato a mod so he can ban everyone

see

isn't he one of the people who came close to being a mod in the last exam anyway? just do this desu

>Mod Phantom and Lawful
>both of them suddenly get busy after being modded

Someone I dislike is currently near me. Therefore, I'm going to shitpost the case incessantly and make everyone miserable until the person I dislike leaves.

Then, I shall blame the results of my own actions(and possibly others) upon the person I dislike.

Surely, this is a more rational approach than trying my best to separate my Out of Character dislike from In Character actions or simply just avoiding the person in question.

they needed a mod and look at the fucking alternatives they had

>Someone I dislike is currently near me. Therefore, I'm going to shitpost the case incessantly and make everyone miserable until the person I dislike leaves.
I'm not sure that actually happened, mr. strawman

im gay

Who would you mod, AOV?

lupadim

verin

The alternatives?

>Liquid
In hindsight a bad choice, but it's not like he was demonstrating being a faggot before then
>Noise
Yeah he probably wouldn't even be active during the times requested
>Gato
Probably wouldn't be a bad choice seeing as how often he gets involved in conversations about the community as a non-mod
>Damaster
Other than being new, what would be the issue in modding him? Gina was new when she was modded and right now she's like our only good one.
>Verin
Yeah no that one was a joke on anongrill's part even letting him get that far.

>Yeah no that one was a joke on anongrill's part
So the mods protect him from non-mods, but do what we do to him.

The sad part is I know you're not Verin which makes you defending him even more pathetic.

Phantom was only modded as a joke, because Rhoda thought it was hilarious that Liquid, who wanted to be a mod for half of a year, would lose his spot to one of his closest AO friends, Phantom.
LD was because he was the only viable option left.
>computer illiterate Sigma who would accidentally ban the entire server trying to turn his computer on
>br noise who isn't evem on when needed
>shitposter Gato who would replace every song in the update with Greedy at NSA's request
>Verin

Yes.

As an observer it often feels like the moderation team wants to just do shit but are scared of potential backlash-- except for Anongrill who sometimes does whatever she wants with the flimsy justification of being admin.

We are talking about Anongrill, user.

>Yes.
That's messed up senpai.

Oh shit i actually forgot about Sigma

Yeah, being self admittedly retarded with computers and wanting to be mod was retarded.

>Gato isn't a bad choice because he does something practically everyone does
hi gato, we can make frozen a mod for the same reason
None the less, what you say about Noise is confirmed to apply to him for most of the time, even if he made a point of saying it was a problem for everyone(but him).
To say that there should be an issue to prevent being modded instead of what actually is a positive thing they can bring with them modding the community pretty much lets almost anyone who stays under the drama be a good candidate for mod, and there needs to be more than that in my opinion. Hence the problem with modding vving and athenamod
Gina in the opinion of many others had showed what were good qualities for someone to be a mod before she was, and even if there was essentially no testing ground which is exactly what many thought needed, she wasn't a bad potential choice.

Well you can't just mod people who don't want to be mods, user.

Not to mention he was offline for months because he forgot how to turn on his computer.

>Gato isn't a bad choice because he does something practically everyone does
hi gato, we can make frozen a mod for the same reason
None the less, what you say about Noise is confirmed to apply to him for most of the time, even if he made a point of saying it was a problem for everyone(but him).
To say that there should be an issue to prevent being modded instead of what actually is a positive thing they can bring with them modding the community pretty much lets almost anyone who stays under the drama be a good candidate for mod, and there needs to be more than that in my opinion. Hence the problem with modding vving and athenamod
Gina in the opinion of many others had showed what were good qualities for someone to be a mod before she was, and even if there was essentially no testing ground which is exactly what many thought needed, she wasn't a bad potential choice.

At this point, with everyone and their mother hiding their spite and shit behind suppositions and "critique of their playstyle outside of a fucking case", there is almost no one that offers qualities which would be an actual positive aside from "gets involved in shit" as you say.
If that's enough I offer someone that does that and is a step up, but they won't accept and no one sane without some ulterior motive at this point will.
Lynneposter. You know for a fact this is right.

Someone can't display good qualities for being a mod without actually being a mod.

This is why I think the mod exam should be retooled entirely, not people shitposting on purpose, but rather having the applicants perform as interns for some time period.

That fear is probably because when the mods do anything people get upset, and when they do nothing they just get called useless. Which would you rather deal with?

You're right, maybe I should have said "good qualities for someone who might be trusted in a position of power" which explicitly wasn't the case with any of the applicants you listed for various reasons, not just that they lack them.

I'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission, especially if i'm supposed to be in a position of authority and responsibility.

>"good qualities for someone who might be trusted in a position of power"
>which explicitly wasn't the case with any of the applicants you listed for various reasons,

I'm curious as to why you think that, user. Especially if you compare them to any of our current moderation members before they were modded.

When Turtowar and Bro got in I thought they were good candidates of that exam, but it seems like they've just been beaten into submission now. Is modding for this community that bad? Can we really accurately judge potential candidates anymore?

yeah just give them all our IPs

IPs are commonly given out on games like CSS and the like, that aspect is a nonissue.

Turtowar is now showing his true colors.
Bro has been the target of shitposting for a while and it has gotten to him.

The problem is the lax nature of the rules.
We get it, it's for the spirit of the server, and to be honest I actually prefer keeping to said spirit instead of adding less flexible rules, particularly if it's just a matter of making one feel better instead of fixing actual issues.
It's not the lax nature of the rules themselves that are an issue, it's outright a symptom of the bigger problem: zig zagging expectations for application, and that is nowhere near all on the mods, it is the players too. I'll mention this not to shitpost but because I feel it highlights this exact issue.

There was a player memeing about being underage near endlessly int he Arcade some time ago, and mods were called. Gina responded, and of course the player decided to take it back after like the 4th time of meming about it, as well as the room backing him up. Gina banned the player, and of course people complained because "IT WAS A JOKE BRO".

Gina apologized, end of story.

But here's the problem. Gina made no mistake, or at least I feel that's the case precisely because context and intent vary and you can't just go with what others say, even if they tell you it's your gut. To speak in the shoes of a mod that may have to grapple with the decision of following up with a flexible rule. If she didn't ban them because they weren't serious as llong as they stopped or banned them on the spot for a few hours, it wouldn't matter either way to me.

But it does to a lot of the playerbase. Because the problem is people want to take advantage of the flexibility for their benefit, but can't fucking stand when it's used to their detriment.

See the case crashing rule and all the shitfest it brought up with a sheet of paper yesterday.

>being scared
How paranoid do you have to be to think that someone on AOV who got that far in a mod exam was a psychopath who would do something malicious with your IP?

Granted, Rhoda did exist as a mod,
but that's just Lupa being retarded.

As long as this "We only shit on ______ because memes" meme is persisting, and nobody takes responsibility for when the memes have gone too far, what is even the point of moderation?
This community has a real problem with taking things way too far, way too often. People would rather just parrot everything they hear until the server is tits up, and nobody plays anymore.
When that happens, everyone will look around at everybody but themselves. They will smile, and blame someone else when they themselves could have done something.

remove jojo cases when

Can't we just vote the problem mods out as a community and ask for replacements?

There's a precedent for it.

And by "problem" I don't necessarily mean a person with bad intentions.

when did Rhoda do anything malicious with anyone's IP?

>mod exam
is it really hard to do whatever mundane shit they want you to put down.

Keeping track of people's IPs so he could say "hi namefag" or "you're from (location) right?"

I have seen this in the client during the time rhoda was a mod (and used Ini) and I know that testimony with no evidence supporting it isn't very reputable, but I have no reason to lie about it either.

Mod exams don't work in my opinion because it's just people shitposting as hard as they can and you will rarely ever run into those kinds of situations in the actual game. That's probably why our current moderation team is so inconsistent with all the line toeing that happens.

I said various reasons since I meant it, and I really don't want to bring a shitload of drama on these players, or really anyone, no matter how I feel about them. I just want this to improve and I'm willing to mitigate and add where I can, which is what a lot of people I've noticed just gave up doing that even if they have any interest at best. But I'll give just a few and don't at all think it applies to every single player listed in a blanket or try matching them to specific players, just problems present.

-Tech savvy and motivation, which is more than just turning on the computer. Sure you think immediately of Sigma, but what if they have to handle server files in an emergency or the like? Would they be ready to be willing or even able? Tech problems like a busted computer hurts this, not just being dense that you can't turn it on.
-Humility and a measure of empathy, or rather at least understanding the viewpoint of players other than yourself. If you want to bring up a problem you have with something a player did because you think the action is an issue but don't even blink at similar issues you do yourself, that just begs for sliding into another Rhoda situation.
-Consistent presence and willingness to act without the safety of the sidelines. It's one thing if you can't always be here no one can, but you need to do what you can and as that user says "ask for forgiveness" is important, but to the case of actually doing your best so you shouldn't have to ask in the first place.

>drama
Stopped reading there. How can we have a mature discussion about what qualifies or disqualifies anyone from being a mod if you think doing so is drama?

Just be an adult and say what you mean. As long as you're leveling constructive criticism and not being hyperbolic, it's not as if you're shitposting them.