/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Veeky Forums's Sonic General. Here we discuss everything Sonic! Share art, romhacks, and other community content. Talk about the games as well as the expanded franchise.

/sthg/ #1105 - I'm really not up for this today guys Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BrU_ef7DQgs
youtube.com/watch?v=RYBTMs7x41I
youtu.be/4MXv2CMUwXo
youtube.com/watch?v=j8__q_6QjHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Dyn4nENE0uk
youtube.com/watch?v=O1UGMdPacQE
youtu.be/PLBP1N_dl9c?t=365
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

>One messed up Embed
Future tip: You don't have to put in Embeds for links. They show up automatically.

Other than that, good job!

Feel better hedgehog

It's some autist trying to make an old post a copypasta

lewd

> →

Is this from a fan comic? Can anyone link me to it?

Guys, I just found Shadow the hedgehog 2 leaked theme song!
youtube.com/watch?v=BrU_ef7DQgs

Oh shit, wrong pic.

Fucking damnit, I meant this post.

Sonic Team admits to crappy level design
youtube.com/watch?v=RYBTMs7x41I

Unbelievable. This is basically SEGA acknowledging Forces' level design is linear and automated as fuck.

"We wanted to make sure players could focus on dashing like a maniac and not having to worry about complex game controls."

Fire Iizuka.

My request for Kayla.

youtu.be/4MXv2CMUwXo

What if Egg Reverie was with the MegaDrive Soundfont?

>[EMBED]
YA BLEW IT REEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw every Myers-Briggs test pegs you as an INFP and therefore Silver
My freshman psych teacher would laugh his head off (nobody takes the concept seriously), but it does explain why I kind of like the white rat.

kissu

>NSMB Bah

Unless it was incorporated into another comic, as far as I know it's just an edit/remake of a panel from a KC Green comic.

The one on the far left in your style, please. I love your art.

>Characters are simple, easily identifiable shapes and forms, as well as bright and colorful
>Their personalities are also clear to read and understand, as well as cartoony faces with large eyes make for easily read facial expressions
>The story of Sonic as a whole is simple which helps appeal to autists; it's good vs evil with clear imagery defining which is which, and blunt storytelling makes it even more obvious for autists, who find subtlety to be hard to figure out
>The levels are made of simplistic geometric shapes that they find fun to follow and explore
>Sonic himself is blue, a color kids with autism lean towards, and rolls into a ball, a shape that autistic kids also lean towards (a similar phenomenon has been researched with autistic kids and Thomas the Tank Engine)
>Previously said simplistic designs make it easy for autistic kids to self-insert themselves and immerse in the fantasy of being part of said world
youtube.com/watch?v=j8__q_6QjHQ

>"Sonic! Quick! We need you to use these drained emeralds to turn super saiyan and save the day completely!"

>"...........*heavy sigh*..............I'm sorry guys.......I.......just don't feel like it right now............"

>"....what? but the city is doomed and millions are going to die if you don't help!"

>".....not now........................."

Depressed Sonic a cute

Aw shit, is that I really my miss my nigga man.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dyn4nENE0uk

Hey guys
Ken penders story is more canon than Forces

*doll*

Nice try user.

Still high tier though.

Are those Sonic offspring?

>Trifecta

>Game is over in two hours
>Classic Sonic is shit
>Hero character is shit
>Modern Sonic is incredibly short and only like two of his levels are any good

Fucking stop defending Sonic

Hey there, fellow INFP-bro. How are things going?

Nice copypasta, nerd!

I enjoyed the game. You not enjoying the game only makes me enjoy it more.

kinky robot/kitty lovin'

Hope is cpu don't get too hot

>Sage
>Tits

spank you, senpai

It is unbelievably sad. Even as a fan of Sonic, it's impossible to deny Sonic fucking sucks.

>Sage
>sex appeal

Nice sloth!

Would Bump beat Metal Bump?

>Classics
>Adventure games
>Rush games
>Colors
>Generations
>Mania
Sonic has always found the energy to be good when it counts.

>Responding to copypasta
user pls

I'll still love her forever

I've never defended Forces, I will always want Sonic to be better.

Now take a Rouge and be quiet.

Wow pointing out that people are posting the same old shit your parents must be so proud of want you are doing with your life.
these people have copypasta the same shit countless times

disgusting

*checks temperature*

I like drawing titties.

They have cute art at least, wojakposter

Bump would definitely bump Metal Bump.

Dude don't post Shadow 2 spoilers
youtube.com/watch?v=O1UGMdPacQE

It's christmas stuffing, of course.

What was Sally's reaction the first time Sonic asked her to peg him?

yep, she has tons of it.
Well noticed, friend

Since last thread hit bump limit before I could post it, how about Shade dressed like in Tikal's time?

If only you were good at it.

You're welcome.

Uuh..what am I supposed to be drawing here?

Gaaaaaaaaaay

we've all seen this but I don't remember ever discussing it here that much
youtu.be/PLBP1N_dl9c?t=365
>A prison that goes on forever, huh?
>At least getting sent here taught me something
>Nothing beats realizing you're not alone
what did he mean by this. Was Sonic supposed to learn something? Was he supposed to have character development? What is this

Sonic, you can't just go slapping your hand on a girls forehead like that! It's incredibly erotic.

will she faint? or will she just blush herself to death?

There's a difference between bait and the opening memes to a Veeky Forums thread.

Fuck, i'm Espio

Cute stuff

>being proud of being mentally ill

>I like drawing titties.
God bless

I don't know what you want m8. There's no defending Sonic Team. This is a safe space where we keep wishing they'll improve. But they never do, so we're stuck here forever.

It got cut since the whole level probably didn't get finished. Feels bad

>Flying blue turtle shell.jpg

my kinda artist.

Breasts are filled with mens hopes and dreams

lol so?

Can't block me here.

>There's a difference between bait and the opening memes to a Veeky Forums thread.
>justifying shit as memes

Yeah no.

Sonic is aware of what he's doing

People would probably respect Sonic more if the games were actually good. No, not just good compared to other Sonic games but good games in general.

TIME TO KEK THE BUTLER

Your version of that girl avatar except maybe more lizard than dragon.

It's hilarious about how wrong they are about Marine. You can tell they were running out of idea at that point.

This chart, however, is completely canon. Actually I'm pretty certain it's from meme man, but it's still real to me dammit.

I post on this site, don't I?

Jesus, that face.

Maybe, but I care too much about what I prefer to think about what some autists who don't care for Sonic think.

careful now, Mister hedgehog

>Amy needs buddy glasses

Please don't make fun of Sonic games.

such a tease to poor lil' Amy

>Maybe, but I care too much about what I prefer to think about what some autists who don't care for Sonic think.

The autists are the ones that care about Sonic user. The ones who don't care are normal people with taste.

>hyper size queens
begone

Oh you

glasses Rose a cute

I don't know why, but the idea of Amy needing glasses is pretty cute. If she thinks Sonic looks good with her poor eyesight,
how would she react to how he really looks?

Fair point.

You should draw Shade. With breasts. Because you like breasts, and so do I.

>Knuckles and Tails are on the promo art like they do something
>Tails is a cowardly bitch and acts smug at Eggman because of bullshit prototypes
>Knuckles went full retard with a sub two minute plan and nearly wiped everyone out
>everyone is reduced to radio chatter instead actually showing what they can do
>when everyone actually DOES do something they're attacking horribly nerfed clones that do little to fight back
And then they'll wonder why people don't like the rest of the cast.

I wish it would always count.

>they do it so it's ok

Going by this general, yes it is ok.

>There's a difference between bait and the opening memes to a Veeky Forums thread.
Not really

They script was cut at some point. Look at all of the plot holes and the fact that things just sort of "happen" without any explanation or build up. I am guessing they had a more complete script and actually did record lines from the VAs but just starting cutting things for whatever reason.

My theory is that Sonic was supposed to have character development. Maybe he started getting cocky and full of himself after the past few games where he's the only playable character and he's the only one doing the work. Even at the beginning of Forces, he basically busts himself out of Eggman's prison. The Avatar and the other characters going to rescue him was pointless. To add to that, Sonic actually rescues the Avatar after he/she gets surrounded by robots and doesn't fight. I could totally see Sonic getting a "just leave everything to me, I don't need help" attitude because of this.

Maybe they just ran out of time to do more cutscenes and decided to cut unnecessary parts of the script. Or maybe they realized that having Sonic learn to rely on his friends is fucking stupid so they dropped everything having to do with that

The stupid thing is that if the side characters actually did more, shitters would complain that they're hogging the spotlight from Sonic and Eggman, who are CLEARLY the only characters that the Sonic series needs and everyone else is redundant garbage. Sega did it by half measures so they wouldn't piss off anyone, but in the end they pissed off everyone.

In short, nothing new.

Theoretically, if I post "Penders did nothing wrong" with cute art of Penders it would be perfectly fine?

I still say that it has to do with being forced to add classic sonic

Even the Sonic autists want better games. It's some other unimaginable sub humans that keep buying them.