ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
youtu.be/y0Kyw7xXFvg

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

BRRRRRT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eFjSu2X8gG8
youtu.be/eFVj0Z6ahcI
youtu.be/sk1Q-BFgnPM
youtu.be/_szPvIB3Y4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

planes are nice

I like this plane.

Threadly reminder to draw your planefu for our collage

Rules:
>plane flies from left to right
>see if you can't make it into a "pose" that fits the current state of the collage
>black and white/lineart only
>fun is allowed

Alright so I got nothing else. I mean it is arcade so there is physics stuff you could go on about but I don't think that matters here.
The planes behave like planes more or less, the controls are like they should be bar maybe the throttle, but honestly a full range analogue throttle on games like this is garbage, and there is no intrusive assists that mess you up or anything just because the devs thought just flying a plane is hard for some reason
Again the only thing that is kind of off even for the game is how landings and take offs go with how abrupt they are.
And that's about all for piloting.

All in all it succeeds in not being overly simplistic or overly complicated. And that's why it manages to feel really good

Post your favorite plane from the 1950's.
Also goodnight.

Lots of good aircraft that decade. I'd say the Mirage III.

One of the best looking jets ever made tbqh

Also the N20

>four engines

BRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT edition best edition

It has the same birthday as me :D

>Mystère IV
Good taste, mon pote.

IN MY DREAMS IT'S A 50's PLANE!

It is a really nice plane. So nice that I'd ask her out.

This pic looks like the cover of an album.

Yeah it kinda does!

>'15 soothing songs for you and your planefu'
>'Featuring the acclaimed /aceg/ radio drama "Girls can't be aces"'

>get Ar Tonelico soundtrack suggestions
Dornie what did you do to my youtube?

Here's another one

Beautiful

While we are on the topic of album covers, the SR-71 crew pictures always do well for that

Youtube's algorithms are weird. I posted AT soundtracks three times since I started posting here, I think, and not in short succession.

If you ever get curious and listen to some tracks, just stay the hell away from EXEC_EP=NOVA/. It's brain cell murder.

There is also a Luftwaffe one but it's not as good as this one

It's probably those suits and the fact that they just stand there all alone

It came up after Ridge Racer's Disco Ball.

I'm still waiting for it to start with the weird suggestions after not clicking on any new suggestions it tries to give me for a while

I remember my suggestions being flooded with pokemon stuff for no discernible reason. It's been years since I've even touched one of the games. Or videos with titles such as "16 mysterious creatures captured on camera" while I watch historical videos. Youtube is just bizarre. There's a method to the madness, it's beyond our understanding.

>look up Disco Ball
>my feed does have an AT track
Kek. Youtube must have uncovered some unfathomable connexion between EXA_PICO and Ridge Racer.
I listen to AT's soundtrack from my HDD, so there shouldn't be that much impression on the algorithm.

Late 50' but 50' nonetheless.

>click on that one
Yeah alright not what I expected

I remember getting "20 INCREDIBLE CRAZY AIRCRAFT YOU WONT BELIEVE EXIST" videos a while ago.
They all had those photoshopped pictures of airliners as thumbnails. You know the one with the engines copy pasted a million times or the inlets and cockpit swapped around.

Also some "SEKRIT LUFTWAFFE WEAPONS"

kek

What is with those song titles anyway?

Great taste tbqh

>click on that one
Whyever would you do that? At least you don't have the context.
It's a boss battle music. Placed at the same spot as good ones such as EXEC_PAJA/. or METHOD_REPLEKIA/.
>top whatevers
I remember all the google translated titles translating fighter as "luchadores". And those that used the CFA-44 as a thumbnail.
>song titles
Song is "magic" in EXA_PICO, the songs in the games being programs ran through a massive computer network, the eponymous Ar Tonelico song server. The server takes care of actually doing the magic, songs being the instruction.
EXEC songs are coded in standard hymmnos, METHOD ones are in a dialect specific to the second game with a grammar that, while functional for it's intended purpose, is rather bizarre.
eg. "Was yea ra chs hymmnos mea" means "(Glady) I turn myself into song" in standard, but the same sentence is "cEzE hymmnos/." in pastalian hymmnos

I'll give those others a try later then

>Luchadores
Brilliant. That reminds me that the ads on mobile Veeky Forums get translated
So you get "local McDonalds employee from (backwater town that noone knows that the IP happened to trigger) breaks after winning $$$$$$$$$$$"

Now maybe the "breaks" part works in english but in german that means she literally broke in half after winning money

And yeah the scam ads love to use random shit from games for thumbnails. I'm pretty sure I've seen at least a few SC Origin ships for "Secret luxuries of rich people" shit

>EXEC_PAJA/. or METHOD_REPLEKIA/.
Alright those two are pretty neat and the idea ia kinda cool too.

Did you listen to those with translated lyrics? It's usually worth it. The opening songs do a good job of showcasing the languages imho. It's the "Harmonics (proper name)" songs.
I think the one that encapsulates the bizarreness of pastalian grammar is the opening of the second game:
youtube.com/watch?v=eFjSu2X8gG8
Note that there are a few lines in there that are strings of seemingly random pairs of letters (around 0:40 for example). Those aren't hymmnos proper, it's another can of worms.

Yeah I had subs like that on the others too. But yeah it's pretty neat. I might go through those for some music in the future, they are catchy

Though I don't know if I would bother with the games tbqh. JRPGs are hit and miss with me.

To add to that. I'm more surprised they managed to sing through the string of letters than anything

>SC Origin ships for "secret luxuries of rich people"
This made me laugh harder than it should've

The first one is rather mple gameplay-wise, not much to write home about. The second one had a rather fun system similar to Xeno games but with time passing instead of purely turn based.
Of course, JRPGs don't really shine for their gameplay. I'm quite burned on them myself.
Plotwise, I'll comment later since mobile posting doesn't lend itself well to writing longer posts.
The trick is singing something that sounds like "hNmNmNrN", not actually that.

>I'm pretty sure I've seen at least a few SC Origin ships for "Secret luxuries of rich people" shit

Fucking amazing, i've not seen this outright but ive seen similar.

Though, the weirdest one ive seen has been this constant set of like "YOU HAVE TO SEE THESE TRAGIC PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN MOMENTS BEFORE DEATH!" as if that's going to appeal to me at all.
But then its made even weirder by the fact that the image they put with this, is a half-naked woman posing.
Like wtf is this ad process here

>Are belkans templars? Click and find out!

I guess you have to be rich to buy an Origin Jump, so at least they were on point

It's just the timesinks that they are, it's what stops me from playing most of them halfway through, I still got Wild Arms 3 lying around.
Then again I had a bit of fun just doing random shit in Phantasy Star IV last week.

>summary
Yeah no hurry.

>process
I'm pretty sure the bot just does random shit

>20 amazing Belkan Wunderwaffen that would have turned the tide of the war

Yet that song serves perfectly its point storywise, and the story behind its development is pretty funny too.

Why did you have to link to a translation made by a notorious idiot who admitted that he has no clue about what Japanese says and instead merely stole the translations from somewhere else, filled them to the brim with purple prose and pasted them on these videos?

Plus, Pastalie grammar is extremely simple once you figure out how it works, and given it was designed to be more like an optimized programming language than Standard Hymmnos, it works faster and better than it too.

They're using schwas to sing out the consonant clusters. Nothing difficult about it.

Hello fellow Useans, remind me when and where we're nuking those peaceful Oseans.

Post music you'd dogfight to.
youtu.be/eFVj0Z6ahcI
Also, how would you paint your planefu if you could choose or make a livery?
Also^2, can I play Persona 5 without risking spoilers/missing anything?
Stop falseflagging, Eruseant.

Whats a good series or movie etc to get into planes? What is the initial d of planes as it were?

Ace Combat

As for animu
Porco Rosso and Area 88 are pretty good

Forgot, The Wind Rises is also pretty heavy about planes, but not a lot of flying in it.
I mean there is others but you won't learn much about planes from Macross or Yukikaze

As for some more games, there are a few sims that will probably help just by being sims but AC is probably closer to what you want with comparing it to Initial D just for the stories, chatter and all.

youtu.be/sk1Q-BFgnPM
>fly like an eagle
>strike like a hawk

Persona games are only very loosely connected to one another. You can play P5 without having touched any of the other games.

>Wanted to play Electrosphere for the first time during the rain as that seems like the best time for atmosphere
>It never fucking rains here and my immense autism is stopping me playing it when the suns out

>I sleep and brady posts this

A S C E N D E D

Third Aerial Girls Squad is the best one there is

youtu.be/_szPvIB3Y4A
Perhaps cheating because it's from a PA game

I wonder. Is there any difference in image quality to using a scart adapter where the component cables plug into the back of it versus getting a scart PS2 cable?

Anyone got any experience?

>wake up
>see OBS open and End of Deception II waiting for me
>see sticky note with 28 tally marks to represent failed attempts

Fuck this game lmao

So how does it fare against Gleipnir and Meson Cannon attempts?

Does the F-4 count since it first flew in 1958?

If it flew between 12:00am, January 1st 1950, and 11:59pm, December 31st 1959 then it counts.

It’s not as bad because I have A) a tactic to net one kill using the rocket pod in the first merge and B) tactics to kill the rest of the aircraft that fall within ammo constraints.

The only hard part is that the F-5E has shitty engines, so it’s almost impossible to Pixy the Alect Squadron guys after you blow up the generator. I’ve been killed by so many bullshit snap shots this time around. Anyway, I know what to do and how to do it, I just need a bit of luck.

The Meson Cannon was pure cancer through and through though, I think that was the worst of the bunch. Would not recommend. Go with whichever mission 12 route I did for the F-4 guns run, it’ll be way easier.

>12:00am
Wouldn't that be 00:00?
12:00am is noon isn't it?

Not here. It goes from 11:59pm to 12:00am, if you're not using a 24hr clock.

You did Gaiuss Tower instead of Atmos Ring?

12PM is noon, 12AM is midnight

I wanted to try a different version. Holy fucking shit though, the meson cannon is so punishing if you can’t use missiles.

Yeah nevermind I checked with a table.

We use the 12hrs in speech albeit without the suffixes but clocks usually go 24h

How's my squad emblem? I got a good feeling we'll all survive this campaign.

Would paint on my plane / 10

F-4 is too OP

While we're at it I should repost the Generic X-Plane Emblem I made last thread in case that other user still needs it.

I wonder if Strangereal had an event similar to Pearl Harbor.

Are F-4s still flying? Why?

I wonder if Strangereal had an event similar to the 2nd world war.

Iran, Turkey, Japan, Greece and South Korea still operate them.

Why? Don't all those countries have better planes?

Sure, but the F-4 is a durable and reliable old plane. Makes sense to still see it in use after all these years.

Better planes also come with higher operational costs.

the Belkan War is implied to be a mix of many wars, with WW2 being the main inspiration

Oh shit, I didnt see this last thread.
Looks way better than piece of shit original i made, nice one.

Favorite final mission? I know most of you are going to pick Zero, but 15 years after playing this, I STILL get chills.

Zero is the obvious pick for most people, so I think we should rule that one out so we can pick second favourites instead
my second favourite is probably Geopelia, a great dog fight with an eerie as fuck ost that always gives me shivers

McDonnell had a pretty traumatic experience right before they designed the F-4. Basically a run of planes ended up going out the factory, then being loaded up on barges and shipped down the river to be scrapped. To make sure this never happened again, when the F-4 was being designed it was intended to be ablessed to carry out as many different missions as possible for a carrier plane instead of just building the missile interceptor the navy asked for.

Modern F-4s have been upgraded to where they can offer near or superior performance to 4th Gen aircraft in certain roles without the 4th Gen up front cost.

My pleasure. Did anyone put together a compilation of the calendar months yet? Did we finish the year?

Megalith is probably my favorite otherwise, but- strange as it must sound- I actually really liked Chandelier as a close second. It made the superweapon feel more well-integrated to the battle itself rather than terrain and scenery.

FUCK YES

Time to start editing and uploading the run. The last mission had some clutch rocket pod snapshots lol

>EP=NOVA
It does underline Saki's character well, I just don't like the song. I know it has precedent with Penpen's song, it's just my taste. The thing with Luca and Cloche is amusing and relatable, though.
>video
I usually listen from my HDD, so I don't look for videos. I went for the first subbed one that came along, since sometimes it's not easy to follow just with lyrics.
I'm not involved with the community so I don't know about notorious individuals, though I'm aware those are dolled up Aquagon translations liberally embellished.
>NTP
I just have trouble parsing how the placement of emotion sounds affect the sentence. It'll come with practice, I guess.
It's optimized for the Metafalica project and speed, but it doesn't have the emotional gradient standart hymmnos allows. Whether it's better is arguable. I don't remember all details off the top of my head, though. Which one was capable of emulating the other, again?

I've never flown the F-5, or the F-20. 300 hours in AC04 and I still haven't even bought the F-5

It’s a complete piece of shit, trust me. I never want to fly that thing again. The F-5E ace (-WANG- I think?) in AC04 has a pastel paintjob though.

So for anyone interested in the F-5E simulator playthrough, do you want commentary with it or not? If so, text commentary, voice commentary, or that stupid MLG meme voice commentary?

>It's optimized for the Metafalica project and speed, but it doesn't have the emotional gradient standart hymmnos allows. Whether it's better is arguable. I don't remember all details off the top of my head, though. Which one was capable of emulating the other, again?

Infel Phira emulates all of the dialects from Ar tonelico's server, and it's been officially established that Pastalie is processed at the least thrice as faster as Standard Hymmnos between its more compact syntax and the fact that Infel Phira uses a lower instruction count to compensate for its lack of raw processing power and energy supply.

Standard-using Reyvateils pretty much have to train themselves in how to compact their sentences and up their singing speeds to be able to keep up with the speed the IPDs have for their songs.

the MLG meme voice like you used for the F-4 Run and FTL vids and whatnot? I mean, it may be a cliche but I always thought it was an entertaining one.

Are there any modern F-4s on par with, say, am F-15C in BVR combat?

That’s the one. You voting for it?

Doubt it, there might still be some F-4s that serve as passable fighters but I think most are setup for ground attack.

Yeah, unless you're just completely sick of doing it that way.

Why has the fag come back?

Lol no. The F-15 was designed to be better than the F-4 in every way when it came to A2A.

The F-4F ICE is the only variant that might manage a kill, but the best possible scenario for it is mutual destruction.

he's been here for months and contributes to the thread
dont like him then just fucking filter him rather than bitching about it

>meme commentary
Please do, it's fun.
>thrice
I don't remember that figure being mentioned, though I knew it was faster than standard. I might need to reread the setting books.
I figure that if it had been developped in the First Era, every Reyvateil would be an IPD. Maybe the lack of boundary gates would have been a security convern, but if they shared Second Era views on what next-gen reyvateils should be, they wouldn't be opposed to such a backdoor. The lack of hymn codes is a liability if they planned to register them, though.

I think December and May aren't done yet, though Tom Brady said he'd take those on.
Which reminds me about the F-4 for the collage. How's that one faring?

First swiss jet in a few decades apparently just got its type certificate

This is a good day

Voice commentary. MLG never again, it's cancer.
Can we add the calendar to the MEGA?

>a plane got a birth certificate
Tonight we celebrate, buddies!
I'm not the one managing it, warcrimes came up with the idea, I assume he keeps track of things.

I thought GPBs were homing UBGs, but you have to leave the target highlighted for the "precision" part to take effect?