/domg/ - Dominions General

Tsukiyomi Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
Read it.
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
Coming sooner or later.
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
The best way to learn how to play is to get stomped.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
For testing stuff.
dropbox.com/s/gc9io6paebo4pj3/Debug_501.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=14NationRoyalD5EA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Make a game!

or fookin wot eh m80?

You first

I'll sit here, bored.

How do I know you're not the guy who went AI turn 6 in the last game I made?

>Wave Breaker is the best 2h weapon

fucking why

He explicitly admitted it, last thread.

URUUk

Shut your mouth. Friendly Currents is fucking awesome.

REMOVE CRYBABIES
remove crybabies

/agdg/ is that way ->
I've been trying and failing to do so for 8 years

Reposting: Sorry about that Arco. Wasn't intentional. Keeping the land though. Don't worry about that province that flipped indie, I'm not gonna take it.

Just like make game, bro.

delet this

That chad looks like a Basalt King
I demand Atlantis memes

holy fucking shit

>NAP
People actually do this?

Sure.
I agree to "NAP"s and then break them at my convenience.

>not forming "alliances" and backstabbing as soon as you can
you'll be flooded with messages from booty blasted autists though

What are the functional differences between amphibious and water breathing?

Good sir and or madam I don't quite understand your reaction

In some communities, yes. In /domg/, I don't think there's the slightest expectation to honor them. Secret alliances of mutual understanding, sure, but no attempt to make a formal treaty.

You gotta make NAPs in a game that is at least 50% Calhamer's Diplomacy

Some people do. Why you'd do that instead of just giving them valid reasons for attacking someone else, I have no idea.

it was fucking hilarious my dude

Why do so many people consider TNN a weak nation in EA? They've got mobility, easy expansion, assassins, and solid troops- I don't understand the weakness

Water breathing can move underwater.

All aquatic units are water breathing by default. They can´t go on dry land, though.
Some land units are water breathing, or can become water breathing through spells. These units are, however, not amphibious. This means that they can enter the water provinces and fight, but they´ll suffer heavy penalizations to their stats.

Amphibious means that the troop can function both underwater and on dry land. These troops can fight anywhere without any sort of penalization. Sadly, most of them are fucking crap.

As far as I know, there´s no spell or item to make a unit amphibious.

There´s a third category: poor amphibian. These units can also fight both on land and underwater, and they only suffer half the normal penalization when out of their preferred environment.

They also considered Caelum a weak nation because their troops are expensive, size 3, and not really worth much really.

Until this day that I won with it by beating the fuck out of almost everyone with massed fliers capturing ten different provinces a turn, then joining up the army into a single huge bird blob to crush armies or to take castles in a single turn.

Now flying nations are generally considered to be overpowered.

Most people forget that just knowing the mechanics and magic of a nation isn´t enough. You also gotta apply strategy to get the best out of them. Most people suck at this, though, so nations that require different tactics than "mass these very strong units and spam the fuck out of it" or "rush for these very powerful spells/summons and spam the fuck out of them" are generally considered weak.

>Until this day that I won with it by beating the fuck out of almost everyone with massed fliers
Wew lad, deflate that big head of yours a little will you.

Caelum was considered weak until they were rebalanced in a patch, and other flying nations like griffins and bats didn't even exist back then.

guys I can't stop playing Mictlan I love sacreds with wonky blesses so much

What have you found to be good and bad?
Which ages?

Unaging is good to counteract your best priest starting with old age
unbreakable to stop your sacred troops getting btfo by afflictions
still trying to figure out what the best weapon enchant is, and whether it's worth taking incarnate blesses or just a bunch of minor buffs

Do multiple attack weapons like gladiator gloves or tartarus chains hit different enemies if the first target dies?

Yes.

okay next question

are you playing against AI?

Is EA Kailasa good nation for beginners? I've spend now more than a hour in pretender creator and I hope I didn't picked up wrong nation.

>tfw you write a speech but it doesn't fit in the Dominions message box and you have to downsize it

IIRC they will only hit a new target as long as it's in the same square as the original one.

Not anymore, it was changed in Dom5.

Not really, their troops are difficult to use and easily countered.

Just tried it out and I'm seeing alternate weapons (IE gore attack) hit pretty much any alternate target in range, while gladiator gloves do not ever hit anyone other than the main target. I think each "weapon" can hit a target but the same weapon can't hit more than one thing.

It's probably just because I'm a noob but I'm not sure what I should do with their combat magic. The Fir Bolg Druids are good researchers but along with the Bean Sidhe they have pretty weak paths. The 2A 1N on the Sidhe Lord is good for thugging but not much else. That just leaves the Tuatha Sorceress, who while powerful is cap only and StR. Total lack of Astral or Death access hurts, too.

Well I fucked up my first turn anyway. Started with throne next to my capital, attacked it with starting army and they were raped. Wasted hour to create pretender for bad nation. At least I've learnt that thrones have good protection.

yes, I'm too lazy and afraid to play a real game

Retards.
Dominions is NOT a single player game.

I have no friends to play with.

Cause that guy should join an MP game and fuck it up immediately rather than learn basic lessons like "thrones are good" in SP.

Or he should mass-join MP games to test various Mictlan bless efficiency.

I have no friends, but I'm still in 4 games with the lads from this thread.

Don't be a dick. Just because the singleplayer isn't very good doesn't mean you're not allowed to play it. Especially if you're new and just trying to learn how shit works.

Is Lanka capable of expanding properly at all if they don't specifically get an awake expander pretender? Neither of their starting commanders can even lead cap sacreds.

the devs think it is :^)

>'r' will repeat last single round battle order

FUCKING WHAT

'r' will repeat last single round battle order

I can't tell if this is a good or a bad change

>tfw a circle of friends you've played with since Dom3.

I don't get what that means.

I tried to get my 4 buds to play Doms4 but they got all angry about it over "bullying" and stuff. One straight dropped out because of it, and another thought everybody was ganging up on him constantly (we weren't.
Like Mario Party, but over weeks. Now they refuse to try it again.

>Uruk 2 hours away from a stale

Don't make me regret playing with you faggots

Can I invite myself into your friend circle?

You'd have to use IRC and most likely learn Finnish. Still interested?

It doesn't change anything, does it? Just makes scripting a little bit quicker.

i dont mind irc but i mean i havent learned japanese for anime and games i doubt i'll learn finnish for dom

If it repeats the last order forever you can now spam spells you couldn't before because the mage reverted to AI spellcasting

If it repeats the first order for 5 turns then it's whatever

If it repeats the first order forever then it's not as big but still big

I don't really understand how it's supposed to work

FUCKING URUK

If you don't instantly feel regret on joining a /domg/ game something strange is happening

The other nations definitely didn´t exist, but that was the first big Caelum victory that got bids into the "remove with prejudice" list. I remember many people joking in the thread mocking everyone in the game for letting Caelum get the first place.

The patch helped, but the troops were still trash. Back then I was also still pretty bad at magic and I couldn´t do anything more than thunderspam.

I was a newbie who had never gotten that far into a game, who barely could use the magic of the nation and suffered extreme loses in every big battle due to lack of knowledge of battle mechanics. I won by making a strategy focused on the logistics of the world map and the extreme movement of the nation, sort of playing Dominions as if it was a different macro-strategy game.

Then bats came and shat all over everything, yes, but before that there was a brief period where Caelum was considered a very strong nation and where everybody employed the same tactic and crushed neighbors all around, while in the past even just suggesting that Caelum could win a match just got you laughed at.

Since I started playing I´ve noticed that this community knows the rules of the game quite well, but the average player is fucking awful at macro strategy and at understanding what nations are actually about.

EA R´lyeh is another great misunderstood nation. They aren´t even playing the same game as everyone else (become the next pankoman), the aboleths are trying to destroy the surface in revenge for being cast to the depths. Turtling and destroying everything to the point that everyone quits is EXACTLY their win condition, lore wise. They´re a cancer, an enemy not only to all other pretenders but to the world itself. Yet people consider them weak because they can´t send armies on land to conquer and win a standard victory.

It literally just copies and pastes the last spell scripted for that particular mage. You still can't script more than 5 spells, but it saves you some clicks. It's a good quality of life change.

meant for

We're all perfectly capable of communicating in English but you'd likely miss most of the general conversation.

がんばろう

How about Polish and Discord?

My "r" is just setting to retreat.
Is this a meme?

I can be the weird quiet foreign guy who just plays dominions seriously and sometimes sends you 1 fire gem randomly.

The pro's secret nation. I considered them to be OP in dom4. But now in dom5 with their spellsong bullshit I'm not sure.

Well, wait a bit. I'll ask the others if they're ok with linking the channel here.

If you're in the scripting window pressing r seems to add a copy of the last order. Pretty good but not really a huge timesaver when you can already copypaste commands.

>deleting posts because there's a wojak on it

Eat my ass you do it for free faggot.

Wait, EA Ermor doesn't get angels?

...Does any EA faction get angels? I know MA Pythium and MA Marignon do, but who else? I'm in the mood for holy hotties with wings.

Hinnom.

see
hah probably would get flooded.

The blood-sacrificing Jewgiants?

Fuck this. Middle age here I come.

You mean this screen right? I hit "Cast a specific spell" then click Phant Warriors and hit R to make a second, and it just makes him Retreat. If I hit "Cast a Specific Spell" and hit R from there, it does nothing.
If I hit it from the T/Army Setup screen, it does nothing (but will make them Retreat if I hover over that field).

Are wojaks moddable?

>Implying not every nation will, at one point, blood sacrifice

Weird because it works for me. Do you have capslock on? Though even that doesn't make him retreat for me, just sets him to attack rear.

I mean I guess the Grigori count as angels, if you ever see a Hinnom summon them though something's gone horribly wrong with your game (Or they got garnets).

Pythium and Marignon in both MA and LA have all the generic angel summons (Harbinger, Archangel and Seraph) but the jews still have the crazier ones (Malakh, Ophan, Chayot).

joining the next EA game to do that with R'lyeh now

Note that what he said only works in big games. In small/medium games, someone will usually win long before you can make the game unplayable. The bigger the game, the better it works.

14 player EA game when

You niggers want a 14 player EA game that badly? Here I'll make one so you'll finally understand why 8+ games never happen.

Give me 5 minutes

Bandar Log never does... Ignore the fact there's an entirely separate faction of monkeys in the EA that does... Likewise, Tir Na Nog and its descendants never do.

We need more outright holy and good nations that don't eventually fall to demon worship or thousands of infighting cults... If I was any good at pixel art and modding, I'd do it myself.

you better make sure it has a decent amount of UW provinces

>8+ games never happen.

Unless something changed radically in the last 6 months, we used to have tonnes of 8+ games in Dom4, actually the average game had around 12-14 players, what the fuck are you talking about? Hell I myself hosted plenty back then and they were all 10+.

You sure you aren't thinking of the last week or so of Dom5? This is only because we have no good large maps in the game yet. Hell random gen was bugged on Llama for a few days so it wasn't even feasible to gen a large one and use that.

>the faction that's lore is entirely based around crossbreeding can't use a Mother of Monsters pretender
??????????

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=14NationRoyalD5EA

Max pretenders: 14
Map: WhatisthisIdonteven
Mods: None
Early Age
Score graphs off
Research on Standard
Random starting research off
No story events
Human AI level: Difficult AI
Renaming on
Victory by Thrones of Ascension
Ascension points required for victory: 12
Number of level 1 thrones: 0
Number of level 2 thrones: 10
Number of level 3 thrones: 0
All other settings on default

I do not.
if I hit a-R it'll attack rear, but 'r' retreats.
Also did this screen never have a working "?" menu? Because I can't see it in here. Oh well.

I'll join in ~1 hour.

>when you get rushed twice in the same game and have fuck all research
If I was less shit, would I be less fucked?

So, Bogarus in BigGame has staled 3 turns in a row so far as of turn 8. Can they be set AI sometime soon?

My friends dropped because "lol what is this pixel shit"