youtube.com/watch?v=8hn40A0geuY
pastebin.com/mLyettVt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for shit league incoming

ACC JUGG
100% Attack Speed
200% Increased Critical Strike Chance
200% Projectile Attack Damage

abyss has the potential to be a really popular league since those powercreep rares give players the incentive to actually explore and farm the atlas for once but they'll probably be warbands tier of rarity so we'll see

ANYTHING ELSE
100% Attack Speed
200% Increased Critical Strike Chance
200% Projectile Attack Damage
without having to pick a garbage ascendancy

i want to kiss his bp

>wanting used goods

Is MoMmy actually a noob trap?
>invest 12 passives in mana
>get flat mana on rings and amulet
>PoB only show 1.5k unreserved mana left after Clarity

Meanwhile, you could spend those 12 points on life, not need specific rings, and reserve mana for AA and a blasphemy curse.

as long as you don't need to unlock the maps to get access to the shaper/elder items then it's ok. not fucking up my atlas for poop items. I'll just buy them from others

how do you plan on getting 1.5k worth of defense with 12 passives otherwise

shitcrows out

I can get close to +1k life with those passives, have better mitigation with AA and have an actual defensive curse, MoM restrains me to using some shit CWDT curse, it doesn't look that good.

Can anyone show a working MoM caster tree? with 2k+ mana left at level 90

My issue with MoM late game has been
>running out of Mana with MoM
>mana regen can NEVER keep up with life regen
>life flask sips provide so much more EHP than hybrid (easier to scale life recovery)
I wouldnt take it again unless I was gonna go Beserker and spam War Bringer, it synergizes so well with MoM as flat 25% mana recovery.

>Balancing the whole game around streamers who get 100ex a day in donations

>free
>free
>free
>FREE
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free

>free
>free
>free
>FREE
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free

If you can get 1k life in 12 passives, you'd take those as well as MoM. These aren't mutually exclusive.

ice crash hiltless acc jugg

what happened here?

freetard cant even do his own gimmick so he outsources to retards now

it depends on build/gear
it worked insanely well with wicker+vanguard spectre necro since you didnt need any auras so you just had clarity and 2.6+k mana free (spamming ball lightning curse is miniscule cost)

MoM is just a bugdet ehp option with great downsides.
Only if you do not have those downsides (and now everyone will have them, except very few select NON-CASTER builds) should you consider taking it up.

And then I'd be left with nothing for damage on a 115-point tree. Making builds is had.

what exactly are you trying to build

>only 1 day left

it gives superior EHP per point, you just can't get that much out of life nodes after you have +180% already

Do I start over?
Am I too squishy?

never played ed before but friend has always played it since intro so wanna give it a whirl this league
he keeps moaning about profane bloom fucking up his clear as occultist and that trickster has shit single target
any ed pros that can give some advice?
>hc btw

New player starting with the new league. I like hitting stuff in RPGs.

Sunder Slayer or Cyclone Slayer look the most appealing to me. Are they both pretty safe to start with?

go trickster for mapping
occultist for bossing
your friend is a retard btw

6k life, no armour, barely any evasion, no relevant life regen, yeah you're squishy but it depends on what other layers of defenses you might have, like flasks and curses.

10.3k ehp assuming vanilla mom
that isnt too bad but what kind of dmg you gonna be doing? no point being fairly tanky if you hit like a wet noodle

Yes. Cyclone is probably the safer of the two, you have stun immunity while you spin2win, and doing damage while moving is just a great innate mechanism even noobs can take advantage of. Just learn to do quick spins for bosses or your single target will be trash, it takes some practice because you don't get the same single target dps holding right click as with most other skills.

200k dps or so with 34 radius coverage

nah hes pretty good. constantly top 10 for his class on ladder pushing
usually gets early shaper kills in new league behind turbo cunts like dan/gucci. hes just extremely irritable lol

*smooch*

flat ehp of one hit without counting is not a metric of surviveability of a char once you get in maps since you will never get to the point that your ehp is enough to tank any single hit and get back to full ehp instantly.
MoM is valuable because:
1) Some builds do not need auras
2) Some builds do not have other defensive options
Both of the points are much less so with 3.1.

Scion is best of both worlds (Occultist -chaos resistance, Trickster's mega regen on DoT kill) and scales harder in the late 90s

the more you know

Nobody talks about witch feet anymore

reminder /poeg/ is the last bastion for elite HC players
NO shitcrows allowed

What is a good PoB dps number to strive for with bow skills? I'm trying to path a LA but the numbers are underwhelming

Do you want to kill bosses? Do you want to utilize hearld of ice/lightning? Which ascendancy?

Yes it is. Temp chains mostly solves clearing, regular mobs haven't been much of a threat since at least 2.2 and defenses are useless against bosses since it's all elemental damage, DoT, or should be manually avoided. Also doesn't help against stuff like DD.

MoM has amazing point value and there isn't any defensive option that comes anywhere near to competing on the top side of the tree. It also pairs extremely well with acro which is the other cheap defense available, and nearby too.

good
waifufags are the worst and footfags even worserer
some fucking how even worse than a nigger

>selfcast bodyswap
>30k dps on self explosion
>7k dps on lvl 80 enemy explosion
ffs

There's no hard numbers of end game, it's more about how reliably you can apply damage, but anything above 100k is comfortable enough for red maps, don't listen to the tooltip warriors.

100k consistent damage that is, no flask whoring, onslaught and frenzies can be consistent enough, especially if you're Raider as you should be.

>No Perandus Zana mod
Shit league. That fat fuck always made me rich ;_;.

>tfw got a literal shitcrow for Turmoil

what about for shaper.
I heard 200k consistent is what you want, with at least 6k hp in some form or another.

Redpill me on weapon swapping to brightbeak triple green prismatic edge whirling blades

Is it worth or too tedious

Ah well, of course if you mention acro then yeah. Not a very optimal pathing though.

he gave me a gull in turmoil, was sweet
mayhem just gave me a 8+ghost tora boss

So, i'm good to go?

pastebin.com/6WLxWp9u

What build utilizes shrines best now in 3.1? still same old?

hey folks, new player here. what's a good starter build that can reliably kill shaper with minimal effort using a tabula on the 2nd day of the league?

are you a lab rat? then yes
if not, then no

Recent Updates to the Patch Notes

Character Balance
The experience penalty at very high levels has been increased. This predominantly affects characters at level 95 and above.

Item Balance
Lowered the level requirement for Two-Toned Boots to 70.
Lowered the level requirement for Spiked Gloves, Gripped Gloves and Fingerless Silk Gloves to 70.
Lowered the level requirement for Bone Helmet to 73.
Lowered the level requirement for the Vanguard Belt and Crystal Belt to 73.
Lowered the level requirement for the Opal and Steel Rings to 78.

Map Balance
The Perandus Manor unique map is no longer on the Atlas.

The Diablo 3 build

I'd only ever do it on lab farmers. The constant swapping in maps would be far too clunky.

elemental earthquake scion is pretty good for that job

even with his boiginity i'll still love him

Do any of you MoM niggers take it on melee builds that dont really need to run any auras? Turns out I do more dmg with Brutality than the usual Hatred, HoA shit. All thats left after that is Determination + AA.

we did it reddit! we fixed poe!

A friendly reminder.

Stock up on healthy amounts of protein before your long gaming session

How much USD do you think Demigod's account is worth?

something tells me this isnt a real build. i may be new but i wasnt born yesterday.

Grace+IR can be pretty good, considering it's just right under the Duelist leech cluster. AA is just insanely good for melee, allows facetanking.

MoM is pretty questionable for a melee imo, you don't have any good mana scaling except Battle Rouse and Mana Flows and you're already making a long travel to MoM which is natural for top left classes but not so much for marauders and duelists.

But then again I don't have the numbers, play with PoB and decide for yourself

>non animal based energy source
enjoy your cancer

>melee caster
>with no defenses
>and 5k life

nah I don't think that's gonna work
back to square one with you

> melee build
Just how melee would you call a summoner who uses only summons as skills?

>and nearby too
come on mate

Thoughts on /our guy/'s Abyss league starter build?
youtube.com/watch?v=8hn40A0geuY

Fuck that, I'll do what I always do. Normal sleep and eating patterns for the day, then consume an abnormal quantity of coffee and energy drinks through the night after league start and crash like a freight train just as I enter maps.

I have 5L of good chili and rice to last me the whole weekend without having to go out of the house or even order food
I am ready
>tfw it'll be 10pm when update hits and servers will crash and I probably won't even be able to play until Sunday

>needing more than 5k life because you're a movement cripple

>jugg
>cleave

youll usually be going for discipline and training and the extra life node above it as marauder/duelist at which point mom is 5 nodes away. i think its a massive boost to ehp for 8 points assuming you dont need to reserve mana (or can use an essence worm for one, such as grace with iron reflexes maybe)

>reminding me of Kripp's preparation for D3 video where he stocked up on a shitton of food that you could eat with one hand like bananas and peanuts

._.

i begrudgingly head to reddit before new leagues to get the juicy details on new shit since they seem to get it first
i have no doubts we're gonna see a litany of threads telling redditors what they should and shouldnt eat
really grinds my gears more than it should when i see all the preachiness

miss that kripp tbqh

Servers were flawless during 3.0 release, if I'm remembering right, and that was the biggest one yet.

Rather comparing them.
>armor
No end charges, shitty nodes, shitty colors or item bases. Not viable. Does fuckall against elemental(even attacks) and oneshots(they're elemental).
>eva
Aurabot bullshit. Fantastic if someone's running grace and there's enfeeble but it's nothing worth investing in if you're up there and not a dedicated support. It's a nice boon on some gear but pretty weak. Does fuckall against spells(even phys) and oneshots.
>CI/hybrid
just more EHP
>acro
actually point-effective if you can supplement it with some gear, does fuckall against degen and oneshots
>block
Works well at cap but ridiculously point-intensive, restrictive of the tree(don't go up.) and again does fuckall against degen and oneshots.
>MoM
very point effective and works on everything
>AA
Fantastic.
>temp chains
Beautiful.
>enfeeble
For crit maps, and even better with some eva.

Overall the most cost-effective you can get(assuming no need for offensive auras/heralds) is to just go MoM and use temp chains or enfeeble for mapping, and AA or the relevant purity for bosses. That much is worth it even with MoM and even assuming you've perfectly balanced your mana and life for 0% reservation

Essence worm is not an obvious choice, a good ring can give you 80-100 flat life which becomes 200-300 total life after multipliers. Not to say anything about flat phys, resists and +attributes, all super important for melee. Just replace it with a generic steel ring in PoB and see how much dps you gain.

Wait you serious? What ascendancy? Are you scalling elemental damage? Spell damage is shit because it doesn't affect the explosion created by the enemy corpse.

My hatred for new Kripp has overpowered all nostalgia feels I had for old Kripp desu

>with no defenses
But muh curses!

>[PSA] Remember to call your mom before league start or you're letting your addictions ruin your life! And do exactly 15 cartwheels every 30 minutes while playing or you might DIE from buttocks necrosis.
Actually checking reddit there's already one such thread going.

>>MoM
>very point effective and works on everything
for the first few hits*

then you go OOM and unless you have a really cheesy way to recover your mana like a Zerker, you just lost a third of your ehp for the rest of the fight, congrats

What is it about AA you guys love so much? Its calculated right at the end of physical damage, so if you have a shitload of EC and armor, it ends up not being less effective.

Chieftain
439% inc fire
81% more fire
50% fire pen
my own life is about 7.4k

This is before nonlife mods on helm, gloves, boots, amulet

Chieftain would be better for bodyswap totems, no? I wonder if the numbers for selfcast are better with elementalist or inquisitor.

are these good booties y/n

y

for the crit spellcaster build, and yes every fucking build looks the exact same nowadays, it's 5 travel points(subtracted one because HP cluster's value pp) and you're there
that's nearby compared to every other option

Maybe, maybe not. If you want to see everything: pastebin.com/mLyettVt

13% less fire damage taken is equivalent to having +3 max fire resist with 75 baseline resist (100-25*0.87 = 78.25), it's physical mitigation and almost a Purity of Fire in the same package, kinda hard to beat for only 25% mana reservation. The guaranteed 0.5s chill is also underrated and got buffed to 30% in 3.1.

it's not for armor characters, numbnuts

>never mentioned it was an obvious choice
>user decides to pretend that i did
okay

Didn't you hear? Vaal Pact is gone.