/aog/ Attorney Online General

Trilogy is best edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

>Gameplay footage?
You can find a list of streamers and recorders for a general time frame here:
pastebin.com/kg2VnSYd

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>Archive Initiative (for case recordings)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
Continuity Update featuring Yu, better Barnham, and Maya from PLvAA!
Hotkeys for AO released!

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=13RxgCzVaOOgilXMJHZhVfmmf7HM0wMU6
docs.google.com/document/d/1ejCwPCaZ-8Mro_Bh-dn-Mj2O-vkuvC59qg1tafT2oc8/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hello AO, I am back with some hotkeys, I think you will enjoy them since they are quite convenient

In order to use them, you need to download Auto HotKey, then just run my file. There is a catch though, I suspect this will only work if you are using the same theme as me, so I included my 20%bigger ini configuration, I suggest you use it if this script does not work for you (and it probably won't)

Here is what I got so far

CTRL + 1 = White Text
CTRL + 2 = Green Text
CTRL + 3 = Orange Text
CTRL + 4 = Blue Text
CTRL + Q = Ding Toggle
CTRL + W = Pre-Anim Toggle
CTRL + E = Flip Toggle
CTRL + R = Does the /randomchar command for you
CTRL + S = Hold it!
CTRL + D = Objection!
CTRL + F = Character Selection Screen
CTRL + Space = Gets the /doc and automatically opens it for you
CTRL + - = Music Volume Down
Ctrl + = = Music Volume Up

Download link: drive.google.com/open?id=13RxgCzVaOOgilXMJHZhVfmmf7HM0wMU6

If you have any suggestions please post here, I can make a version for default themes if enough people want but the 20%bigger is superior in so many ways I suggest you stick to it for now

Arigato, Lupa Chan

Thanks user.

By the way, I'd like to remind you all that you can use TAB and SHIFT + TAB to alternate between IC and OOC, that's native to AO2 itself

Hope it works for you

Sayonara bro.

Having Lupa replace bro when?

I'm sorry for the poor mod anongrill is going to break next.

I doubt anongrill would allow that.

Is bro kill?

He is leaving in new years.

If we're going by seniority it'll be either Adam or Namu

Adam is busy just like Anongrill is and Namu is useless so pick your poison.

Isn't he the one who modded her in the first place? How can she "not allow it"?

It's going to probably be Gina since Anongrill has noticed how she is the less hated mod.
Or Phantom since they keep saying he is great mod in the shadows or some shit like that.
Hopefully not Clovo, he'd break sooner than bro did.

Anongrill used to be useless some time ago. People complained about that and Lupadim would still autistically defend her and keep her in the team. Despite all that I still think she would not mod him now. Anongrill seems really insecure, hence why she stiffed bro, so she is probably afraid of him. Gotta get someone that is easy to control.

>used to be

I don't actually see why she wouldn't, Anongrill is not the monster the thread pretends she is.
Anongrill, what is your stance on that?

Anongrill isn't a monster, she's just retarded.

Trilogy is so good, they're gonna release it for the Switch again!

I love Trilogy!

I want to give Noise a big hug!

>no images
Post your best screencaps

I would consider it, definitely. He wasn't removed but rather stepped down, and I personally don't have issue with his mod style, I just had disagreements with some of his administrative decisions. That said, I've generally have welcomed disagreement and discussion among the mod group as I'm not of the belief that I'm always right and there can't be compromise where compromise makes sense.

My issue with Lupadim is I'm fairly sure he doesn't want to return. He has his studies/career to look forward to and I support him actually focusing on that. When I say I'm fairly close to stepping down myself, it's because I'm in that same boat. I'm very close to being Cisco certified in network administration and when I do decide to accept one of the offers I've received after I feel comfortable with my knowledge base, I'm probably going to be too busy to do anything but keep the server functional.

They said he is on vacation for three months now, and he still seems enthusiastic with the game. It's worth a shot, even if just a temporary solution while bro is out.

What about promoting Rhoda or Fclss to admin?

Don't even joke about that.

No. For several reasons. First of all, the admin position itself requires a lot of trust in the individual. I wouldn't give admin privileges to people who aren't even currently mods.

Other reasons are pretty self explanatory.

Lupa is the one who posted . Nigga is up and active at improving the game.

Leave AOV to me.

I'm aware that was a post by him, and as appreciative as I am of him providing that it's not indicative of him wanting to return to moderator status. He has not contacted me at all about it nor has he seemed to show any interest in returning in any official capacity.

I never knew I wanted this so much

Give Rhoda mod position again to ease him into being the new admin. You already know he has experience moderating so he wouldn't need to be taught as much as a new recruit

It's not often I say this, but rhoda is literally too autistic to be in any position of power.

No comment needed.

>namefagging in the thread
but for what reason?

>First of all, the admin position itself requires a lot of trust in the individual.
>anongrill believe she's trustworthy
my sides

All information about hotkeys now in a doc
docs.google.com/document/d/1ejCwPCaZ-8Mro_Bh-dn-Mj2O-vkuvC59qg1tafT2oc8/edit?usp=sharing

Neat, right? If you want any hotkeys tell me, I'll try to get them in, all in all there is no limit to what we can do with this (other than perhaps changing emotes, but I am still looking into this)

Bum-peeh

Why wouldn't I believe I'm trustworthy? If you don't believe in your own trustworthiness, you've probably got some massive mental issues.

note: believing in ones own trustworthiness and trusting ones self in various given scenarios are two different things. You can believe in your own trustworthiness and in that know that there are things you don't trust yourself to accomplish due to varying issues to the subject at hand, like experience and technical knowledge.

Just thought I'd add that before someone makes an idiot of themselves.

familiarity breeds contempt

>First of all, the admin position itself requires a lot of trust in the individual.
So when are you stepping down?

No one trusts you.

>He has not contacted me at all
People normally asked bro when they wanted things done, tho

>tfw hate drama and harassment
>can't defend anongrill here since it is mostly justified

>If you don't believe in your own trustworthiness, you've probably got some massive mental issues.
That's a perfect description of Verin. He neither trusts nor respects himself, and he regularly says exactly that about himself to anyone who'll listen.

So, should someone with massive mental issues be allowed on the server?

Shouldn't you be the one going after mods? You expect them to go after you? By the way, I hold positive thoughts about you. Just thought this specific post was retarded.

Real women don't ask people out, sweetie.

Gina got a new job.

>the three only competent mods are leaving

That's nice, she deserves it!

People seem not to trust you. And quite frankly they have no reason to.

Do not worry! Gina, Clovo and bro will be replaced by Gato, Gato and Gato, respectively!

>So, should someone with massive mental issues be allowed on the server?
>Trying to use someone's low self esteem as grounds for dismissal.
Oh kek.

what would you expect from gato otherwise

I would expect Gato to know that shitting on other people is not going to do him any favors in becoming a mod, as grill is never going to let him get on just to ban people he does not like.

>tfw Anongrill makes River a mod.

that is not gato stop implying people in the thread are namefags
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fuck

You're being just as bad as any of the other shitposters

I will be looking into new moderation, however my understanding of Lupadim's position is he has no interest and that understanding hasn't changed. If it has, I'm sure when we get down to the business end of recruiting new mods he'll step up. But I have a lot to consider when we do and a lot of that deals with who will be the best fit, who knows what to do when, and personal temperament in dealing with moderation.

A major part of being a moderator is being capable of dealing with the stresses of being constantly criticized for anything you do whether right or wrong, being able to explain yourself and defend your own actions and recognizing when you may have taken actions a step to far or improperly, but also being able to recognize when, even if the entire server is angry at you, given the situation and circumstances you did the right thing and being able to stand your ground.

I've seen way too many servers and groups die because moderators and administrators didn't have a backbone and kowtowed when they should have stood their ground.

I'm more referring to trust from the moderation group, because it's the moderation group that has to work with them and actually manage the server.

Further, I do think I have a little bit more trust from the community than is often represented in the thread. Least I think the community would have moved on to some of the other servers by now or someone people trust more would have made a new server.

>recognizing when you may have taken actions a step to far or improperly
and yet Adam is still a mod

>someone people trust more would have made a new server.
talking out of your your ass is not an argument
>it's that easy to have a stable 24/7 running server!

>it's that easy to have a stable 24/7 running server!

When someone is willing to host it for you on a dedicated server, show you how to run it yourself and hand over all responsibility of it to you, yes. It is extremely easy.

>all you need is a dedicated server mang!

I suppose you bring up a valid point. If you are unwilling to put forth any effort to support your server despite being given all the tools and training to do so (for free, because you're not the one paying for the dedicated server), then yes, it probably will be difficult. I've set up about 4 peoples servers that are not my own, Provided them with the necessary education and tools that they need, and they have managed their servers just fine for their needs. But they were only able to do that because they put forth the effort to learn and to do their own due diligence.

Hi Noise!

Hi fclss!

>implying noise even gives half a shit about verin or gato's rep
it's gato, adachips, or japman playing the con game as usual

My plan, back in August, was to step down close to the end of the year, though with recent events I'll likely be staying on for a while longer.

So when were you planning on telling the other mods

>we were this close to finally get rid of Anongrill
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

When did you intend to tell everyone, was Bro just going to suddenly become the main admin?

1) it wasn't a secret. I let them know that I was looking at new administration a long time ago so that I could focus on other things but that I would still be available to help out when necessary.

As far as stepping down from the full administrative position, I would have let them know in advance when I had come to that decision. As at the time it's not really on the table and there are other concerns to be focused on, it really wasn't a topic I felt necessary to bring up.

>for free, because you're not the one paying for the dedicated server
Of course, wanna host while you stay away the admin position?

The hope was to have a smooth transition, not a sudden "Oh, and now Bro is head admin.

I don't have any administrative position in 4 of the 6 servers I run. Nor do I involve myself in those servers. I'm sorry your lack of trust and faith in other people for god knows what reason stifles your ability to take advantage of what is an offer made in good faith.

>I let them know that I was looking at new administration a long time ago
No you didn't

fuck off dumbles you can't look at the mod chat

Not cumdum but anyone can fucking message the mods on discord.

>Further, I do think I have a little bit more trust from the community than is often represented in the thread.
What about all those people in the discord who have had their words with you in the past, or the niggers like liquid?

Hi mango!

Go away, Rhoda.

You seem to be right. I thought I had made that clear but I can't seem to find any statements on it that I thought I had made, so I may not have made that as clear as I thought I did and for that I'll apologize, though I didn't really want to make a big deal about it as there is nothing finalized or even being considered past "eventually I'm going to have to step down and I want it to be a smooth transition when I do step down". It's not like I'm stepping down because I'm overly stressed or hate the server or cant deal with the drama, but I do recognize I won't be around forever and I know pretty soon here I'll be done with school and employed (possibly employed before finishing school) and I'll have even less time.

I think we'd be in a very bad place in this world if every time someone had an issue or disagreed with you you completely lost their trust.

>"Hey Anongrill maybe it wouldn't be good for the thread if the admin was shitposting in it"
>"Okay but i'll continue to shitpost in it"
>Threads get worse

Again, nobody had any real reason to trust you considering the community was trying to get both you and vving demodded for inactivity at one point.

And Lupa whiteknighted them like a retard. Don't forget that part.

Admins from best to worst:
Lewdton > bro > Lupa > the theoretical universe in which Verin or Jumbles were ever admin > Anongrill

Lupa simply answered questions honestly as he saw it.

Define "shitposting". For the most part I've simply responded to accusations, requests, questions, or statements. Sometimes I've made sarcastic remarks in my responses, and at other times I've responded to fluff for the sake of keeping the thread going. I don't find either of those particularly damning.

>rhoda got liquid and namu to make a poll which passed with 91% of the community desiring lewdton replace vving and anongrill with new, active mods
>then went over to anongrill and convinced her to get active so she wouldn't be removed and be able to take over as admin after he harassed lewdton out
>she shitposts everyone and does what rhoda tells her to and never lets him be banned

Posts like this, for one.
Constantly saying crap like terra/rhoda is cute.

>Sometimes I've made sarcastic remarks in my responses
>Sometimes

I'm sorry you feel me occasionally being silly is unacceptable and grounds for hate/distrust/removal. I suppose we'll agree to disagree.

Did you ever thought how those people felt about your posts? Did Hat like being called out in the thread? Did Rhoda like being called cute?
You have a reputation for your public figure and you make it worse with these type of posts.

I'm sure there are way better examples out there, user.

>me occasionally being silly
>occasionally

Don't forget the Trick situation.

People also think you haven't punished people in the past due to being friends or friendly with them.

Notable examples being fclss and rhoda.

And I'll tell them what I've always told people. Bring me the evidence of *actual* wrongdoing and I'll prosecute. All I've been given is assumptions, actions that would fall under de facto transgressions, outright conspiracy theories, and hurting peoples feelings generally do not constitute. I don't believe fclss has personally been involved in too much outside of ACME that could be considered rule breaking and even then it was with publicly available information and for the purpose of a trial that was requested and supported by the proposed victims (who, for being the victims, were quite happy with the proceedings). I believe he was given a warning for something else that occurred that was minor and resolved internally without need for further action and since then I haven't actually received any complaints to his behavior.

Rhoda tends to skirt the line from time to time and has been warned, but for the most part their actions have been minor and most of the complaints and drive to ban them has been based upon defacto, which I've made clear I'm not going to prosecute for actions performed before my time as administrator. I feel they were already punished by the previous administration and have worked out their issues in those regards.