/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 07th of December:
574 – Byzantine Emperor Justin II retires due to recurring seizures of insanity. He abdicates the throne in favor of his general Tiberius, proclaiming him Caesar.
1724 – Tumult of Thorn: Religious unrest is followed by the execution of nine Protestant citizens and the mayor of Thorn (Torun) by Polish authorities.
1917 – World War I: The United States declares war on Austria-Hungary.
1922 – The Parliament of Northern Ireland votes to remain a part of the United Kingdom and not unify with Southern Ireland.
1941 – World War II: Attack on Pearl Harbor: The Imperial Japanese Navy carries out a surprise attack on the United States Pacific Fleet and its defending Army and Marine air forces at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 04/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058783

EU4 DD 05/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058829

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2 - 12/10/2017
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The Endatal
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.1 - 13/10/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Music Mod
pastebin.com/UxQnvV3Y

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Eu4 patch when

HPM update when?

I'm playing with HPM.
So I should just run with my units and wait for the event? Won't the US eventually annex me even if I manage to get some land from mexico?

Give me an objective for CK2 that's really hard

read his posts last thread

start as karen in the old gods start and create the persia empire without declaring war

I wanna play EU4 multiplayer but I don't have friends, what do?

Yes you should. You can refute the manifest destiny too.

Exterminate Christendom as Saladin.

Guys, guys, I think I found the perfect North American borders

REMINDER THAT BTC WILL CRASH
then you should invest

Is Birth of America a decent gsg?

Pls help

delusional linkies OUT

So now that talex is back i guess the fun's over boys...

>HPM is back
What a time to be alive.

Strap in pal
Next stop the moon

literally kill yourself or join some group on reddit

>mfw

UMA

BLANCO

>bitcoin
Wrong board fags

No its a mediocre wargame.

Disgusting.

>replying

Is this extremely redpilled?

sorry *ehem*
liquor going to the moon soon

protip for all u retards out here
liquor: btc
steel: eth
anything else: probably some meme garbage

you buy any cement?

yes

>deus vult feat. steppe nomad rape your way into sandniggerland

Shewa or gonder or tigray?

Gonder

Shewa and genocide to make ethopia an ethnostate

To extremely bluepilled in just 7 years

Explain what that means

what the fuck is the difference?

The fifith crusade came early this time

Shewa only has one primary and one accepted culture whereas gonder has more

If you meant redditpilled, then yes

This is actually not that hard if you can start wars

CK2 Warcraft mod never ever

Good, that game's lore is fucking retarded.

>Bulgaria
>Catholic
Ew

The fuck is the AI's problem?

>Happily playing Provence, 11 provinces and a 4-province vassal Lorraine
>Some of my lands is in the netherlands
>6 Provinces in Britanny and the Loire
>2 in Provence
>Big old french blob in the middle of me, having just reclaimed its English cores
>Milan and the French are my allies, I work pretty hard at keeping the French onside
>France is allied to Savoy, which is a shame because I've been wanting to take a piece out of Savoy for years
>Oh well
>Milan is doing good too, he's annexed all of venice, Lucca and Sienna, 12 provinces big, very naisu
>Feeling pretty cosy, about to head out to the new world
>"The nation of Milan, your faithful ally, is requesting you come to their aid in the Milanese Conquest of Montferrat against Savoy. Savoy is allied with France and Brabant. This is a war they have started."

I-I just want to rape night elves as an Orc

I would like it the other way

What's your gameplan?

Specifically to avoid getting eaten by hungary or the ottomangs?

>Not joining the HRE
>Not allying Austria
>Not conquering and forming Italy by culture switch
>Not PUing France
You are not blobbing right.

>

Polish-Lithuania is my ally. Hungary is on a PU with Austria, so is not a problem. My biggest concern right now is Venice because i might not have the commonwealth with me if I get attacked (they are 600 in debt)

I've had several episodes where I ally Austria and join the HRE, but they didn't seem to end as well since I could never get Austria to go to war with France. Can't clay that way. Also can't clay in Savoy since it's HRE till the shadow kingdom fires; also 60-70% sure that me fucking around joining the HRE will stop Italy falling out of the HRE, no?

I need France to beat Burgundy, or beat the English/Portuguese so I can claim Maine to stop the event from firing and France from becoming Huge. Britanny usually allies Scotland, so they're fine. Burgundy never likes me, so I can't beat France with him.

Perhaps if this run fails I'll try an Aragonese/Austria attempt. I'm trying to get the achievement for being france, at peace, and owning all your cores, but not as France.

How'd you trick them into that? Is it like the meme strategy with Byzantium in old times where you gift/advisor/pray for their starting relationship to you to be positive?

Playing as zunbil, the abbablob is declaring war on me. Is there a way to falsely convert because of holy war?

Are these good borders for FRCA? Should I go for the antilles too?

Friendly tip: stay ignorant
Do not research what viruses and malware can do. Do not research what rootkits are. Ever since I did I live in a state of perpetual paranoia.

stop downloading sketchy torrents and clicking shady links.

*blocks ur path*

I really want that medellin gold mine though.

patrician

You joining won't stop the shadow kingdom.

Hope. I just allied Poland and the Ottoman day one. But the Turks became dominating over me and broke the alliance. Luckily I have no borders with them for now so they don't have a reason to start a war

Why is he shaving off his nipples?

Alright lads, here's the situation so far

>In uncolonized provinces, about 50% cultures are eliminated and unified into unbrella ones
>Removed excessive accepted cultures from native and colonial states, limiting potential excessive power due to high number of accepted pops for nigger states
>For said nigger states, removed many accepted cultures, also Rhodesia now doesn't have Boer as accepted too
>Boer states, Rhodesia and SA recieve migrants, later assimilation modifier akin to American will be implemented, with general expansion of the region (e.g. early boer republics like Zoutspanberg)
>brought back old genocide mechanics, later will try to implement expulsion/resettlement events, perhaps event chains

West africa is untouched, albeit I will consider removing more accepted cultures there for minor states.

Why do you keep putting space games in the OP?

LOL

What's the timeline of CWE? As in what's the earliest start and end date?

Guy who was fixing HPM, will you still do it even though that ban evading shitposter is back?

I'm sure that's the main reason behind his return, so yes. As he will release new updates, I will incorporate them too.

What are the "fixes"?

Absolutely based. Please don't turn out to be lying, someone needs to finally shut him down.

Less nigger cultures, old genocide, fixed dye shortage, after all this general flavor expansion.

Yorkshire

Apparently it's removing african cultures and buffing genocide so the edgy crowd doesn't get offended.

Wait, France can help Netherlands in Belgian Independence question?

ROFL

>Less nigger cultures
Why?
>old genocide
Ok I can see that being useful to some.
>fixed dye shortage,
It's broken?
>after all this general flavor expansion.
Literally no idea what you mean by that.

What? I asked why there are space games in the OP.

Before you flavor it up you should release the fixed version so people can play HPM again.

>Why?
No need for them whatsoever, they also lag the game on weaker PCs.

>It's broken?
Yes, in late game due to british tea related decisions that destroy world supply of dye.

>Literally no idea what you mean by that.
Events, decisions, all that.

Sure.

You should also do something about that coal meme people are complaining about. How there's a coal shortage in the late game.

You should also fix assimilation while you're at it, make ma a sandwich too.

It's related to dye shortage as you need coal to produce dye on factories. I'll see what I can do about it.

I feel like the Balkans could use some rearrangement, what do?

>Semi Balkanized: Romania, Yugoslavia (Serbia+Croatia+Slovenia + - Macedonia), Bulgaria, Greece

>Balkanized Balkans: Serbia and Bosnia are fused together the rest modern day borders

>Yugoblob: (Romania+Serbia+Croatia+Slovenia+Bulgaria)

>UltragigganiggaYugoslavia: Hungary+Slovenia+Slovakia+Croatia+Serbia+Romania+Bulgaria, and + - Greece

Anybody? I know you people know this.

What exactly needs to be fixed?

>capitulate britain with a successful sealion in 1942
>major faction members left to surrender: British Raj
>3 years later after conquering russia to siberia bc lol 90%NU can invade india through afghanistan
>capitulate them that year
>major faction members left to surrender: Australia
Am I getting memed on? What the fuck is this bullshit, this war is never going to end

semi-balkanized but give macedonia to bulgaria

Hearts of iron 4

Nationality, ethnicity and culture should be separate so each is their own. That way black pops assimilating into yankee makes sense, since their ethnicity stays the same.

>Am I getting memed on?
precisely
when I saw sweden guaranteeng yemen during my first playthrough and at that, being considered great power, I just deleted the game.

>Nationality, ethnicity and culture should be separate so each is their own.
Impossible to implement without source code. I long had that idea and yet have no idea of its efficient implementation.

Also, american niggers didn't really assimilate into yankee, instead forming own cultures.

Yugoslavia plus bulgaria's lands and albania

>Impossible to implement without source code.
Has anyone actually tried to reach out to paradox añd ask them for it?

Sadly this is 70% historically accurate.

I never bothered to check, but I'm pretty sure people did; they couldn't not do that.

Problem is, it distracts from their new fancy Goy$, Europa Uninstallis and Cuck Kangz 2 that are THE money. They will not release the source code at least in five years. They just can't, it's illogical from financial perspective.

Please

Cañ some1 link me robmod?

>Play netherlands
>France allies Ottomans Austria and Spain
I really really belive the AI is against you.

It's actually programmed to focus on you when at war with you IIRC

the image is from 2011, so yes at one point you could