What can Veeky Forums tell me about the dacians?

What can Veeky Forums tell me about the dacians?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacian_Draco
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The romans took care of them

Their final king was a retard whose shit decisions destroyed a rich, powerful, and highly advanced kingdom.

They used retarded reverse katanas.

>highly advanced

Holy kek

Folded 1000 times desu

They were, for the time.
At least further then germanics.

they annoyed the romans into comitting genocide

I think they lost a war with rome

The Illyrians, Thracians and Dacians spoke Indo-European languages that were possibly related to Albanian and left a few placenames and other words in Romanian.
Dacians had awesome falxes.

Indo-European people closely related to Thracians, got genocided by Romans, have nothing to do with modern Romanians.

Inferior to the Illyrians who produced all of Rome's most masculine emperors.

like Thracians except gay

>Sneaky Thracian

kek

Crazy good charge bonus, having a unit or two as auxilliaries to flank and mop up lines is really good.

Falx eh

They're what Greeks would have been if Greeks hadn't had access to the ocean...and liked pants.

>for the time

During that time you had the Roman empire in Europe which was hundreds more times more advanced than anything in Dacia, theyw ere more advanced than Germanic tribes maybe but that's not really a great achievment

Why the fuck did that guy bring a party balloon to a sword fight?

Is this image Roman propaganda or were they really that retarded?

Its a battle standard

In what ways were they technologically inferior? I had it understood that they were somewhat of a lost civilization. Any books you could recommend?

Hillnigga was willing to die, literally DIE for the bantz. Your weak pussy ass wouldn't understand.

I love them for 3 things:
a) being crazy ass mofos when it comes to religion. Mortalistic as fuck, and that even extended to prayer.
"We need to send a msg to the big guy"
"Well, we are here, he is there. Someone hop on these spears and tell him this. What, he died like a bitch? Fucking incompetents. Next guy, please"
b)weapons were all about psych. warfare.
That falx was made to maim your ass, which made the romans do the unprecedented thing of moding their armour from then on to defend against that.
c)telling the romans to fuck off by sending them a huge ass mushroom scribbled in latin.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacian_Draco
>The hollow dragon's head was mounted on a pole with a fabric tube affixed at the rear. In use, the draco was held up into the wind, or above the head of a horseman, where it filled with air and gave the impression it was alive while making a shrill sound as the wind passed through its strips of material.

Pretty neat.

It's a Chinese kite

>"We need to send a msg to the big guy"
>"Well, we are here, he is there. Someone hop on these spears and tell him this. What, he died like a bitch? Fucking incompetents. Next guy, please"
Tell me more

Not a damn thing

Aren't they the guys Romanians like to WE WUZ about?

Nailed it, well done.

A people that lived on the lands of modern Romania, Hungary and Moldova. They were very developed back then, maybe outclassed by only Romans, Greeks, Gauls and Persians. Romans had a hard time fighting them.

What was being a dacians like?

>maybe outclassed by only Romans, Greeks, Gauls and Persians
If by Romans, Greeks and Persians you mean the entire Mediterranean and Middle East (including Erythrean Africa) and purposefully ignoring the Indian and Chinese civilizational spheres then yeah.
To be fair that doesn't leave many people besides snowniggers, steppeniggers and jungleniggers.

How were they outclassed and what archeological and scholarly findings are you using to justify that? What should I read?

>How were they outclassed
I'd say "civilizationally" in the sense that many other cultural regions had more advanced technology and higher rates of literacy and urbanization.
I don't feel the need to justify the claim that Egypt, North Africa and the Levant were roughly on par with Greek and Romans ruling over them (due in no small part to Phoenician influence.) Anatolia, Armenia and Mesopotamia had been civilized for 1000+ years and going strong, Persia was Persia. Arabia and Erythrean Africa (from Aksum to the Somalian city-states) were lagging behind but still prestigious and prosperous, they were at worst equally as developed as the Dacians.
India and China were at a pretty low point because of barbarian conquests and civil wars. But even the widespread destruction wasn't enough to nullify the legacy of the Han, and in India the Golden Age under the Gupta Empire was right on the horizon, not to mention the coastal kingdoms and city-states didn't suffer too much from the fighting up north. Even if cities got pillaged and torched none of these areas fell back into a "Dark Age".

>What can I read
I don't know, Wikipedia?

>Wikipedia
No I meant like actual books. I want to know about the dacian people

Well you can't read Dacian books because they didn't write any.

Every four years, they send a messenger to Zalmoxis, who is chosen by chance. They ask him to tell Zalmoxis what they want on that occasion. The mission is performed in the following way: men standing there for that purpose hold three spears; other people take the one who is sent to Zalmoxis by his hands and feet and fling him in the air on the spears. If he dies pierced, they think that the divinity is going to help them; if he does not die, it is he who is accused and they declare that he is a bad person. And, after he has been charged, they send another one. The messenger is told the requests while he is still alive. The same Thracians, on other occasions, when he thunders and lightens, shoot with arrows up in the air against the sky and menace the divinity because they think there is no god other than their own.(Herodotus, Book 4, Histories)

Why are you being obtuse? I'm asking if you know any good books or research papers on the dacian culture. Wikipedia doesn't really have too much information.

Sounds like he's making fun of them.