>build planner
grimtools.com/calc

>item db
grimtools.com/db

>wikis
grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Grim_Dawn_Wiki
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>updated resist reduction doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw7I9fTSqtx9s3a4WVvkgiOGZ7leM81n1H1RrwrOzLc/edit#gid=0

>mods
www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/
www.moddb.com/games/grim-dawn

>can't launch/black screen
Be sure to install everything (manually) from _CommonRedist folder in game steamapps folder.
If still no go, then in steam library right click game name > additional launch options add /d3d9 (force use of DirectX 9)

>map
the-maphack.com/index.php?page=2&lang=en#1

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/dVb1o8Q2
youtube.com/watch?v=O973zLjkCuw
grimtools.com/calc/b28nOpGZ
grimtools.com/calc/bVAvpWlZ
grimtools.com/calc/gZwM7Pl2
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51898
grimtools.com/db/items/8783
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>two editions edition

Do you guys think aetherials can make the females they possess into futas?

But user this is the same edition that I made last thread

reeee

>tfw starting to get burnout

Who /serial reroller/ here?

I actually stopped playing my DK because I found it boring. Its odd, because I have other characters where I use even less skills (like my purifier), but my DK feels even more boring for some reason. Maybe because it actually has good survivability.

until you get kreig set you don't have that much damage, also the build it's not very flashy

Yeah that's probably it. It's the least flashy build I've played.

are you just levelling with the soulsplitter or are you going to keep it?

>soulsplitter
But I hardly even know her.

Well i'm honestly not sure what else there is out there; I don't really look into end game gear for my builds. It might be a bit dumb but I don't want to put myself off trying a build I might find interesting/fun just because there's no way to make it "competetively" good end game.

It gives me a full 50% phys > aether and right now is the best I have

since the set focuses on blitz that has shield damage, so with a shield you get more defense without losing too much damage and bulwark adds flat physical that can be converted to aether

Ah right; well right now I've been focusing on forcewave as my main attack (because muh aoe); this is a bit of a neglected character that I haven't touched in ages so I've not really gone over the build to optimise it yet.

This is what it is right now (i only use blitz as a closer):
grimtools.com/calc/dVb1o8Q2

>find an epic
>with pet bonuses
>get excited
>its shit compared to what you're already wearing

why

Actually it doesn't change much stat wise but gives me another summon, so I might switch.

I go from:

Life: 227 -> 244
Damage: 755 -> 697
DA: 56 -> 63
Vit Resist: 85 -> 78

>when you don't really upgrade but sidegrade

>not wanting double birb
That sounds super comfy though.

I changed my mind

>lmao 2 birb

Is it finally time?

bump

Yep. See you guys in /poeg/.

I don't understand how a general can die when everyone who was playing and discussing before is still playing.

Start posting you lazy fucks.

Cold-based blademaster. Viable?

Viable, but pierce BM or cold Spellbreaker are better alternatives

there is also cold infiltrator

I made a cold spellbreaker in vanilla and it was so fucking squishy

>not Elemental Spellbreaker

>not Elemental Cabalist

>not Acid Elementalist

>Seal of Ancestry doesn't make your darkest dungeon ancestor narrate what's going on in the game
i want my ugdenbloom back

I've been thinking about theorycrafting builds based on fictional characters. With bonus points for gear that looks like the character, and even more bonus points for making it at least somewhat viable. If only for entertainment.

>reach level 94
>need to craft 9 new components
>need to craft 4 pieces of gear
>need to craft the relic

kill me

>reach level 94
>"guess it's time to go back to ugdenbog with my DK"

>want to make a vitality lifeleech 2h shaman+necro
>no vitality 2h melee MI or decent legendary/epic

what's a good melee build for lifeleech forever?

>what is Wildblood Crusher

What's the worst class combo?

Your favourite one.

It really isn't all that good.

Man, Stonefist Rebuke is fun

Probably saboteur (demo + nightblade)
Weak synergy, no exclusive skills

>he doesn't knows about the cold firestrike build

lmao

If a class combo needs a specific item to be even close to viable, thats how you know it's bad.

>make spellscourge battlemage
>cast my physical devastation twice
>energy bottoms out

What the fuck is the point of this fucking set? If I wanted to just convert elemental to physical outright, there's the beronath sword with an aura that does that. I can't fathom the point of this set if not for the physical devastation, but the energy regen is complete dick with physical/defensive devotions even with IEE. Even for pure arcanist builds, or some double caster class, Devastation costs a retarded amount of energy to cast on CD; and the only relief from the energy cost is an amulet effect, yet the set has an amulet.

I fucking hate arcanist. It's the most bloated class with the least amount of synergy. Fuck, without this xpac for Necromancer and Inquisitor, there's nothing worth building outside of a pure arcanist build.

Is Scars of Battle good?

Very.

defiler is by far the worst class

bump

Why is the Lokarr set such a meme? the stats look shit even with the exp and skill bonus. Worth getting for an Aether DK alt?

Also sword and board or 2hander for DK leveling?

There are approximately zero good 2h melee builds in this game. Even a Warder is pretty shit.

If you can get lokarr, you might as well, because it probably eliminates the need for any other leveling gear from 1-50 and maybe a little longer if you decide to put components on it to make up for the lack of armor.

I leveled my DK with ravenous earth, transmuted forcewave would also work. Transition to proper aether DK when you have a decent weapon for it

0-4 Acid Witch Hunter
5-9 Cold Spellbreaker

youtube.com/watch?v=O973zLjkCuw

got me to respond

where do you guys have the best success farming chthonic seals of binding? just run through darkvale gate?

Show me a melee 2h build and I'll show you a shield variant that blows it solidly out of the water.

That and Blood Grove.

juse because there is something better doesnt mean that it isnt good
but yeah if you're doing cruc its easier to go sword and board

Avenger Warder

>Get a blueprint for a great relic for your build
>You're missing anotherrelic blueprint you need to make it
Erry time

I for one would be very interested in a shielded lightning savagery build that does more damage than my stormreaver does

Does this build have a class?

warder.

When any sword and board build can meet the damage of a 2h build plus retain the massive defensive boon of having a shield, then yes it means 2h melee builds suck shit.

On the other hand, if you can't deal more damage with a 2h weapon than you can with a 1h weapon, you're doing something terribly wrong.

Blade Arc+Savagery Warder, give me a sword and board option that's better than Guillotine+Might of the Bear+Feral Hunger+Upheaval
Shar'Zul's Worldeater Fire/Chaos Pyromancer
Soulrend SS Spellbreaker

You're going to find a massive attack speed difference between 2h and 1h builds (even with muh kraken). On top of that, it's one less weapon slot component. It shuffles out to a 10% mandatory damage difference, at most. It's never worth it and why 2h melee builds are shit.

Drop Primal Strike, pick up overguard, use something like mythical crystallium and a shield that's purely defensive or something like mythical skybreach or mythical Templar's Faith. Your build is now much better.

You grab any sword and board that fits the build; that's literally all there is to it. With the Warder builds, you free up a bunch of points from those 2h only skills.

>its craftable
at least you know youll have it eventually

You fundamentally change the build at that point. Ignoring the rings on this build since it's a theorycraft (and stuff like Laceration not being 22/12, my in game's Oleron has a laceration bonus), but you remove Guillotine and take out of the 2h skills, you basically half the usefulness of the bloodrager set, you lose burst potential on Blade Arc, you lose sustained bleed damage, etc.
grimtools.com/calc/b28nOpGZ
It shit's all over the build and at that point you're better off playing a different build. There is nothing better for it, and this combo isn't shit whatsoever.

>being this retarded
kys and don't post your dumb shit here again

you honestly remind me of the guy who thinks that DK is shit because it has soldier but it doesn't go Internal Trauma damage.

maybe they're the same guy

Silverbolt blademaster.

Silverbolt is ranged, the user asked for melee builds.

Well that's his problem, isn't it you dumb bitch.

>other user asks for melee build examples
>you show him a ranged build
>you get called out for being a retard
>he has a problem, and I'm a dumb bitch
you're a fucking brainlet. It's a wonder you didn't noose yourself with an umbilical cord on your way out of your mother.

vindicator or warder?

Here you go, faggot.

DK only has one build and it's Krieg's. Outside of the Krieg's set, DK fucking sucks. DKs without Krieg's are just run of the mill Soldier's with Spectral Binding for some more health. The two classes don't mesh at all and it requires specific damage conversion items for it's single useful build.

grimtools.com/calc/bVAvpWlZ

obligatory post making fun of you for forgetting the grimtools link while you were already resorting to the word "faggot"

It's the little things

I cleaned it up a bit more
grimtools.com/calc/gZwM7Pl2

But yeah, I'm the faggot now.

>150 less Bleeding DPS
>500% less Bleeding Damage
>i-it's just 10% less damage overall and not worth it I swear!
LOL

>finally get blademaster to 94 and put on belgothian's
holy shit this clearspeed

>Scaling Internal Trauma and Phys Damage on a meant-to-be Bleed build
>Overcapping Oleron's Rage for essentially 2% OA, and taking it for a Bleed build
>Break Morale for again, what is meant to be a Bleed build
>Losing the percentage Damage Absorb on Primal Bond
>Losing 6-7k damage per hit on transmuted Blade Arc, which doesn't rely on Attack Speed
>Bleed Damage goes from 6k down to 1.6k not counting temp procs
>Bleed Duration goes from 305% down to 70%
Huh, like I said, you completely changed the build, AND it's shit. Good job

just to prove my point, although I'm shit at stitching images together

>dualwielding on your Elemental Spellbreaker when sword and board is objectively better
Just swap in a fitting shield user! It's that easy!

Do you retards realize that Bloodrager's Blade Arc build does a fucking ton of internal trauma and physical damage as well as bleed damage? I also didn't touch your devotions, and you're tankier.

The overall DPS difference will be less than 10%, and you're more durable. Good luck in the future, faggot.

>I only build around a single type of damage

>I need increased duration so that I can constantly clip my DoTs

Are you retarded?

But that's not the screen grab, you incredible faggot.

welp, im burnt out on the game, and i dont even have a character to 100.
soldier/x is the best general build, everything else needs very specific items which i cant be fucked trying to farm

>I build around multiple damage types
There is no fuckton of Internal Trauma Damage and it's worthless without also getting Resistance Reduction for it. Just because you dumb nigger specced into Oleron's Rage for even more Internal Trauma doesn't mean that it's a good idea. And you also dropped out of Primal Bond and got rid of that nice Damage Absorption so your build isn't even tankier. There's more Health, yes but it's effectively worse. Don't even get me started on the metric fuckton of Life Leech you eliminated. Your build is utter shit. It does both MUCH less damage and has worse sustain on top of that, too. Absolutely pathetic attempt.

What do you imagine that other damage type on Laceration is? Is it internal trauma? Holy shit, it is. What's the other damage bonus on the bloodrager set and on the 5p bonus proc? Is it fucking internal trauma? Holy fucking shit, it is. What's that reduction on Break Morale? Is it physical reduction? Holy shit, does physical reduction increase internal trauma and physical damage dealt to an enemy? Are those the other two damage types packed into this bloodrager set? HOLY SHIT, IT IS.

You fucking retard.

>people actually stacking Trauma
Enjoy random boss monster in crucible reflecting your sweet 20K trauma damage back at you when you have barely 30% physical res

At least for bleed you can have bleed duration reduction and more than 80% damage res

oh I'm sorry I didn't enable the temporary proc portion because it's not realistic to have every proc up at once, here's the screengrab for mine with the procs up
Oh look at that I have more phy damage per hit AND Bleed Damage per hit. If I scroll up, I do 14610-17398, compared to your 9006-10864
>I only build around a single type of damage
Yes, because I can grab a metric fuckton of rr for it, so it doesn't matter if I build towards one? That's like complaining AIDSmancers only go for Vit.
>fuckton of internal trauma damage
>you actively remove bleed damage on your build and there's STILL less Internal Trauma damage than bleed
>more durable
without Overguard up I gain a 55% chance to block a whopping 990 damage, which I give up 25% damage reduction for. Fucking useless. With Overguard up, it's 2475, which is better, but I'm not going to have 100% uptime on Overguard like I will with Primal Bond.
I don't know if this is news to you, but Grim Dawn always takes the higher DoT anyways, clipping isn't that much of an issue
Huh you wanna know what's funny? Your build actually invests less into Laceration than mine does. And holy shit, what's the flat damage on the 5p proc? Is it bleed damage? Yes it is! You know what's the highest percent damage on that proc? You guessed it, bleed! Holy shit, you wanna know what damage type is less represented in your build than bleed. Internal Trauma? HOLY SHIT IT IS. You wanna know what you dropped? Devouring Swarm, aka resistance reduction for bleed? Holy shit no way!

Fucking neck yourself you dumb shitter. You can't even do your own dumb shit right. At least take Menhir's Bulwark and an actual good shield like Mythical Untouchable instead of stacking Health like a clueless retard. I wish the game weren't braindead easy so dumb shitters like you would actually realize how terrible your builds are. Get cancer.

Korba's or Darkblaze, which set should I build around first?

Might as well elaborate on what I meant
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51898
From my understanding of this post, since Grim Dawn's DoTs prioritize higher-damage versions of themselves, the highest damage DoTs you apply will never get clipped and deal their full damage. If you refresh the DoT when it is buffed higher than its current instance, you'll only be gaining damage, since every tick will be doing more damage. If you deal the DoT again when it's lower than the current instance, it will only take effect when the higher damage is done, meaning you can have constant DoTs on an enemy, and every reapplication will look for the highest damage it can deal per tick and per reapplication. So in that sense and in my understanding, Clipping DoTs is a non-issue.

Depends on how much you hate Thermite Mines as Darkblaze will definitely need to grab it. I would personally go for Korba's.

Is Death Knight still decent in Ultimate without Mindwarp but with full Krieg's set?
Is there some MI weapon to grind for and use?

Anything with decent conversion to Aether will still probably work, even Rare items

If you go 2h there's this:
grimtools.com/db/items/8783
But Mythical Mindwarp and Mythical Will of the Living are pretty much BiS for survivability and damage, since Mindwarp has so much rr and they both have good conversion

try edge of sanity if you have it

Does Edge of Sanity Forcewave work well enough? Idc if it's top tier or not, but I have yet to try it and it looks kinda fun