/xgg/ - Xenogames General #15

Cute and hot Edition

Previous Thread: >Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

>Nintendo direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U

>XB2 General FAQ
pastebin.com/d8TqRTxi

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>Xenoblade 2 'Info' Doc. Please help contibute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com.au/2017/12/xenoblade-chronicles-2-the-kotaku-review/
archive.is/yrWi0
knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/xenoblade-chronicles-2-tsuki-character-design-controversy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Has the OST launched yet?

Anyone know where to find avid tomatos?

THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

HELLO?

Reading the pastebin, I noticed it says to Raise Indoline Praetorium's dev level to 5 soon after you get there.
This does nothing of value and is a waste of time.There are no deeds or unlockable merc missions there.

Thinking on it, Blades are basically a two-in-one alternative to X's tons of party members and XBC/X's armors affecting appearance.
>they get heart-to-hearts and affinity missions (by a different name) like party members
>they fill the role of letting you customize appearances during battle but took the armor budget to do so apparently
>unlike X's party members who were mostly grounded and human, Blades have a variety of appearances and wildly different personalities

I hope they do something like this for Xenoblade X2. A lot of party members were just people trying to their new life, which is fine but I'd rather have cool aliens. You don't make a bunch of cool alien designs and then make people play with weird-faced humans.

K I'll change it, thanks user

Long Nia

Okay so big spoilers about the ending
So I get how 1 and 2 are connected entirely, with the third Aegis that went missing being the Monado / Alvis. But for XCX, does it imply that the humans that escaped on neo Los Angeles were escapees from the same Earth that XC2 takes place on, or were the fighter forces in the mechs for XC2 flung into an alternate dimension, catching the XCX dimension by surprise and forcing them to leave their alternate reality Earth? Because 1 and 2 are in different dimensions, but are 2 and X also in different dimensions or just different planets?

Remember to save your game.

Pyra will be fine until you get some rare blades, you should keep common blades with good field skills for merc missions and just discard the useless ones. I don't think I've ever bothered using a common blade.

Lewd Nia

I got a drive link for you in the meantime if you want it.

Common blades are needed for merc and field skills, although they are "usually" crap.
That said, you might need them if you are that unlucky with rare blades because special for fusion combos are too important to pass on.

Also, some have surprisingly effective skill. One of them has a chance to immediately put an elemental orb of the same element as the special you have triggered.

I'm pretty certain XBX is really not connected to XB1 and XB2 at all. There isn't really any plot part that would connect with them. I didn't recognize the mech that attacked Klaus orbital station, which were mostly designed around Siren model.

>level 87
>Fighting level 95 dinor in Temperantia
>Morag dodging every attack
>Nia and I are positioned to completely avoid tail attacks
>All elemental orbs on boss
>Waiting to get it's health down enough for a chain attack to kill it
>Nia slowly makes her way to the back of the boss
>Tail swipe
>Everything goes to shit

what about the sidequests? do they give anything useful?

Post your face when
>After Klaus dies the conduit leave for XCX's dimension and made it to Mira which is responsible for all the wacky physics and unlimited energy fuckery
"Takahashi will never turn this series into a giant hexalogy that is connected" fags btfo

If it's FLAC I'd love it.

I've got similar experiences but with party members flying off the sides of cliffs.

I mean if Morag is dodging everything, it shouldn't be a big deal to pick up Nia for 1 bar and keep going unless she stayed on his ass.

>After Klaus dies the conduit leave for XCX's dimension
Wait what? I didn't notice anything that could point out XBX universe. Any specific hint about that?

the conduit will connect X since it's no longer in the original universe

Other than some exp and gold you get Ambush Boost from one, and a rare core crystal from another.
Nothing you can't get elsewhere.

oh nevermind its the sound selection cd, sorry.

she stayed on the ass

Klaus said it's leaving this dimension
The conduit would fully explain the magic fuckery of Mira

It's all good, thanks!

phew I thought I missed out on something good
besides 100% :(

>Cutscene in the airship with Finch being impressed by the view and tells it's the first time she sees that
>Birdbrain skill check at the end of the cutscene which succeeds
>Cutscene retards with Finch being impressed by the view and tells how it's the first time she sees that
That was retarded but pretty funny.

>chapter 3 mythra reveal cutscene
>music stops
>mythra explains to rex how foresight works
>music resumes
>rex dodges ahkos and malos
C U M
U
M

Might be a bit behind, but what if the consensus on this article?

kotaku.com.au/2017/12/xenoblade-chronicles-2-the-kotaku-review/

>Cutscene retards
Fuck, Finch is contagious, meant cutscene restarts.

based AI

What's her agi like at that level?

>Kotaku
>linking directly to Kotaku
You know I won't click that, right?

>kotaku
automatically shit but ill read if you give me an archive link

>didn't like the first game
>doesn't understand the combat system

With core chips, Aux cores and accessories it's at 758

I do not even care enough to click on the link.

>kotaku

>400 Luck
>2 Legendary Cores
>20 Rare Cores
>50 Common Cores

>2 Rare Blades for Morag
>It's Nim and Zenobia

Should also note that the aux cores don't factor into the number since they the say "boosts evasion rate at max affinity"

Was there anything from that supposed Xenoblade related announcement that was today? Or am I memeing and not remembering correctly?
did we get Xenosaga HD?

how get 400 luck if I'm on chapter 5

my wife

What's good to grind on from 75-85?

user you seem to have made a mistake, in that you have posted a picture of MY wife.

There's a Bandai Namco stream on the 15th that is supposed to have a bunch of announcements.
People started theorizing about Xenosaga HD on Switch due to this game having KOS-MOS as a cameo.

>only way to get more affinity for Ursula is to constantly repeat her 0 reward merc missions

I don't understand what the point of having blades you can never use in combat is. What was the design decision there? Yeah, by the time I'm done with the game she'll have 5 affinity, and I'll have never used her in combat. Might as well just bench her.

The Sauros in Gormott, 60k exp with 400% bonus on chain attack. it's level 90, but it went down pretty easily since about level 77-78 or so

>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the anti-Nintendo game
So what it's a good game then?

I'll read it if you take a screenshot of it and post it in spoiler form.
Otherwise I can't be arsed

>All elemental orbs on boss
Whats the best way to do this? 1 blade of each element and then 1 blade is extra right? I wouldnt know how to proceed in properly bursting them though

I have a Merc Mission that says I need a blade with 35+ strength, but it's saying I don't have one. Even though Boreas has 52 strength. What gives?

Shes still strong as fuck even without doing all obnoxious merc missions. You guys are overthinking the min/maxing shit for the story. The final boss is piss easy no matter how shit your build is.

Pretty much, there's a mechanic introduced after chapter 7 to help with filling in parts of the combo.

and you don't have to burst all 8. Only 4 bursts are needed fill the gauge in the top left, and then all the extras burst and add to the damage multiplier. 8 orbs was about 6000%

You missed the point. Obnoxious shit doesn't magically appear in videogames. It's put there for a specific reason. The designers had a reason for making a blade that you will never use. It's curious to wonder what that reason was.

Ah okay I havent gotten there yet. Thanks for the info

plz help any1

This is Kora. Please be nice to her. She's not very smart and is kind of lewd, but she's very kind.

>Kotaku
I don't even have to open it up to know that whatever it is is terrible and wrong.

So glad I pulled her the other day!

Kora carried Rex's ass during the parts of the story where Pyra wasn't available.

no one said it was necessary to do. you dont have to use ursula at all obviously, thats not the point. the point is that the people who made this game had a choice to make when they designed her progression. they could have made her progress by engaging with the deep and fun combat system they made. or they could have made her progress by exploring the massive detailed world they made. that's how most blades work. instead, they made her progress by not using her for 12 hours (and it's actually slightly longer than 12 hours). that is a weird choice to make when they put so much work into the gameplay and the environment.

>12 hours
I have 5 of each stamp so far, how many are needed to reach level 4?

I've used her since chapter 2, but the only thing of heres so far that seems to do a fuck ton of damage is the uppercut. The Backslash is kid of weak still.

The name flesh-eater is literal
Oh shit.

9 of each for 4. Highly recommend you stop there.

Affinity lv5 is 5000 fans, which is 99 of each. So you'll need 273 more if you have 9 of each. By then you'll get 3 per mission, so that's 3 every 7 minutes, so it'll take 637 minutes. Enjoy the next 10 hours of not using her for anything.

End game discussion
Okay, so I understand that Malos, Mythra,
and Alvis are the three Aegis's that were created by Klaus. But I'm a bit confused about their exact powers, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Malos has the power to destroy, giving him insanely strong destructive capabilities.
Mythra has the power to rewrite physics around her in order to create things / control speed etc.
Does that mean that Alvis's power is the power to control the specific flow of ether in order to create life where there was none? I'm just a bit confused at the exact differences between Alvis and Mythra

at some point they were like "maybe we would make her get to level 5 by catching some cool rare fish" or "maybe we could do it by making her do some cool ass blade combos" but instead they settled with "lets effectively remove her from the game." wakarimasen.

HOW... HOW CAN YOU READ MY MOVEMENTS?

Oh baby part 3

What are some good items to use on Morag? Full agility?

Is fast travel sometimes fucked? It just won't let me teleport there unless I back out then go back in.

It's not even a high/low tide situation.

PAIZURI

If Jin is correct, Mythra's power is closer to create anything that she imagines.

As for Alvis, he is probably the arbitor? Since Logos serve as the destroyer, and Pneuma as the creator. This would explain why Alvis disobeyed XB1 Klaus at the very end.

Teach me how to Oh baby.

yeah, she's your agility tank. i have her with +agility and +aggro accessories

wait, why did you ask me this

It's something with the cursor I think. Try wiggling it back on the icon.

Alot of spare time and alot of end game sidequests

Where do you actually farm all this stuff?

I didn't mean to quote. But thanks for the reply either way.

Is it a good idea to load Nia up with nothing but healer blades? I was pulling with her and got Nim and Kora.

Yea, but what power does that give him exactly?
Because Klaus seemed to use it to create life on the Bionis

Archive it next time faggot.
archive.is/yrWi0

>3 day weekend coming up
I'm ready.

Your guess is good as mine. I think Alvis is probably the real computing unit, which means that unlike XB2 klaus who needed cores to create lifeforms based on data of the old world, Alvis might have been able to determine what's necessary for life without any past data.

>tfw you do over 1million damage with a chain attack for the first time

>that first time is during the final boss battle

Possibly. Ontos means to exist / existence, so Alvis might have the power to redirect what is already alive, such as how life was born of the Bionis/Zanza/Klaus out of his immense amount of ether. This also gives him the ability to see the future.

Just got a Nopon Doubloon, what is it used for?

>The final boss is piss easy
The final boss is easy if he doesn't fucking body you with his second phase start
>can't be hit
>automatically does a fuck huge attack on your team which does 90% of your health
>have to hope he doesn't follow up with another AOE immediately after or seal your healer's ability to heal you

I deeply apologize for not posting the screenshot. I hate these fags myself.

try again. you can do better than just pasting random words

what is pierce block?
is critical damage some kind of shit like pokémon's critical hit?

Is Malos so butthurt because he's the Aegis with such a lame power compared to Alvis and Mythra?
Hell he can't even beat Mythra in a 1 on 1 fight, so much for his godly power even being useful in the slightest.

for a sidequest in arguentum. you need 11 of them

Thoughs on this?
knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/xenoblade-chronicles-2-tsuki-character-design-controversy