>Helpful links
pastebin.com/8R2HQiuu
>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Previously on /poeg/

first again for abyss league is gonna be shit
with added bonus of no trade for first week

share your secret build and i will share mine

Sunder, cyclone, or AW for max comfy phys build?

fifth for abyss league is going to be fun

sixth for it wont

I am a new player and one thing I have a hard time grasping is the node grid. I understand classes start closer to certain things but does that mean certain classes are gimped if you build a certain way. Like let's say I want a marauder who casts spells. Wouldn't that be stupid and have no reason to do that?

I also don't know when a skill is shit. A friend told me infernal blow is hot dog shit. Why is that? It's just examples like that where a skill is shit but I don't know why.

Also, is two handed cleave builds a thing? Also, what about bleed builds?

bodyswap totems

>I can't defend my position even with basic sentence so I will just spam some unrelated meme to look ~intellectual~

Is Chris Wilson a part of society?

remember everyone, personal achievements in game are not a replacement for personal achievements irl

JEWISH CODE WIZARDS BTFO

RECOVERY IS IMPOSSIBLE

tons of new skills to make characters for
tons of broken rare items to get
new boss fights
fuuuuun

Pillar of the Caged God with the new %Attribute increase belt mod

There is only one melee skill, Sunder. Only start to bother with other red gems when you fed up with Sunder.

the dopamine says otherwise

hehe suckers i never had a secret build

>I am a new player and one thing I have a hard time grasping is the node grid. I understand classes start closer to certain things but does that mean certain classes are gimped if you build a certain way. Like let's say I want a marauder who casts spells. Wouldn't that be stupid and have no reason to do that?
Classes differ more than just starting points in the tree, post 2.2. Classes have sub-classes which can specialize in a variety of things. A Marauder spellcaster can work for example, but you have to go out of your way to make it work, since the Marauder subclasses might not be able to offer bonuses relevant to spellcasting. Marauders have made good spellcasters since the beginning of PoE though, thanks to Iron Will.

If you're new, it's best to stick to what a class/subclass seems to do best. If you want to do bow stuff, Ranger would make the most sense at first. If you want to be a spellcaster, a Witch or Templar subclass is probably the best. You only branch out once you're more experienced.

>I also don't know when a skill is shit. A friend told me infernal blow is hot dog shit. Why is that? It's just examples like that where a skill is shit but I don't know why.
Because it just is. GGG's shit at balancing so you have skills that are dogshit and skills that completely dominate everything in every regard. If you don't know what's good at first, copy what's popular.

marauder was the go-to caster last league, his berserker ascendancy gets life leech on spells(very big) and mana leech on spells(huge) as well as a nice damage boost. You can also pass through to the caster nodes without wasting a lot on useless travel nodes and picking up a ton of life on the way. It's a slow start since you just get life for 20 levels but it absolutely works and was retarded broken in 3.0 with Vaal Pact.

If you can think of a way to make something work, try it. That's half the fun.

I still don't know which build I'll play

reminder that your personal achievements will just be attributed to unearned advantages, and the fruits of those achievements will be demanded from you by the most useless
only try hard at video games and other useless things

I'll play chad rf until a cool build pops up

flicker bois

we ice crash now, nigger

same tbqh
this autism is destroying me

is shiggyd dare i say /ourguy/

>tfw want to hop on the corpse skill train
>but don't want to miss out on early league gains
and I can't even decide a good farmer to start with, everything looks so slow

sunder coc volatile dead slayer

Mathil will be posting a recommendation video later today

>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free

>threadly reminder that burning ground aka destroyer of fps, still hasnt been removed from the game

>tfw you realise you had Wither stacks set to 1 on PoB

Awesome, now I just need it to update with the new numbers for max stacks and DP damage to decide if need to make a last sec build change

1.x poe players were good at the gam-

While starting area is a consideration, ascendancy is a far more important factor for builds and skill/spell synergy. E.g. marauder's berserker has been a popular caster option because it's an easy way to get leech for spells. Probably less so after the vaal pact nerf.

i won't rest until derpy ground is deleted from this game

don't remember giving your permission to reply to me

detonate dead
facebreakers anything
blue sunder
wander
summoner
molten strike/wild strike with ancestral call
rf

here are you viable builds for 3.1

yo, currently running lab to get a barrage enchant before the nerf. what's the best base I can put it on? Keep in mind I'm not trying to sell it, just keep one for the future if I ever want to play a wander/ranger on standard. Do I go tempest binding, some other unique, lion pelt?

And 3.1 will add more ground effects, which all can potentially stack on the same map.

>Like let's say I want a marauder who casts spells. Wouldn't that be stupid and have no reason to do that?
Marauder has easy access to life steal via ascendancy, something that is very hard to acquire easily as a spellcaster.
>A friend told me infernal blow is hot dog shit. Why is that? It's just examples like that where a skill is shit but I don't know why.
Generally most skills that is are namelock skills are considered bad, and most melee skills fit that bill.
>Also, is two handed cleave builds a thing? Also, what about bleed builds?
This is the problem with PoE. Just about anything can become viable and able to do red maps, but that doesn't mean it'll be or feel good. Both of those could be taken to maps, but you can't expect the same results as something like a kinetic blast wander.

If you like experimenting, just ignore what people say about skills and find out for yourself.

harb mask

Static strike with aoe buff

Fucking hell flashbacks to that HUD
I started playing the game way fucking back and could barely get to Merveil before I fucking quit because I sucked a million anuses

i'd go with tempest binding yeah

put it on the blue mask

And Merveil wasn't even an act boss back then.

Can Spell Cascade support Flameblast?

based

it doesn't work with channeled skills

>1 (one) extra radius
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

ice storm trapper

How's GC mines clear speed early on in a league?

Fug, there goes my Flameblast CwC Firestorm Spell cascade GPU murdering build

WHAT WILL COME FIRST

POE ABYSS LEAGUE

OR AN ACTUAL GOOD WEAPON FOR MY LANCER IN EDF 4.1

FUUUUUCK

Tendies
CwC
Storm Call
Spell Cascade

lightning tendril cwc detonate dead elementalist wander

I'd rather play breach forever than whatever filler league they have for 3.2

They should stop all league development actually, and just implement Legacy with nerfs to the leagues with the highest returns

But but but, if I stack 100%+ AoE radius nodes that makes the buff 2(!) extra units of radius.
Static strike confirmed for massively OP

QUICKLY REPLY TO THIS POST
slayer or glad?

mines are fucking awful and the only reason that stupid, clunky and suicidal build is even a thing is because parties want a dedicated bosskiller

jugg

slayer if you're a fruitcake
gladiator if you're ready to be a man

but but but, if I use ancestral call and manage to hit three enemies the boom will almost do as much as one ice crash

>Blocks all damage
>Real man

what ascendancy for shield charge facebreakers

my secret 3.1 build is ready

elementalist

>Gladiator
>Max block + Max spell block
My DW Sunder Gladiator was my 3.0 league starter and it took me to red maps on the cheep
Easily one of the best league starters I've ever played.

what ascendancy do i pick when i want to slay enemies

wander
>aka the build that couldnt slow down

Inquisitor.

>spend 1 hour theorycrafting my gh inq build
>80k damage
its not fucking fair

Pathfinder

>bringer of rain
>playing facebreaker totems when reflect is no longer an issue
retard

>VP is mandatory because defenses in PoE are usel-

damn bro its just a game relax aye. we can all just play what we find fun and get along

*takes a crit on ele damage map*

i'm going to play a dual wield frenzy wander raider /poeg/!

saboteur

1-5 GC Mines
6-0 Summoner

Include dps

what build should i play if i hate myself but also want to have fun

anything that's corpse-based

>tfw remembered there are GGG devs that worked on Diablo 2
>tfw I remember rune words from D2
>the gem socketing system is just an evolution of rune words

It only took me forever to figure this out

>5 years in and people still don't understand armor

>dual wield wander
dumb possum poster

0-2 SRS
3-5 Spectre
6-8 Skellies
9 Zombies

the gem system itself is just synergies from d2

What do you think it is like inside Kitava?

I wanna roll d/w mjolnir since its cheap now and cruise around with crazy arc shit but i'd be rolling a marauder for the 4th consecutive league so maybe something else.

how much is carnage heart gonna cost like a week into the league on sc

>SRS

I always have problems playing it. Its so high maintenance for me. I'll probably just do shield charge summoner to keep it easy on my hands.

1alk like most thing in a botting league

too dark to read

cool thanks

why would they bot on SC when there's more money to be made in HC? now that reflect is gone HC will be the botter league confirmed

LT CWC Arc with COTB and full cold conversion

>30 years old and he still watches anime