/simg/ Simulation Games General

inb4 it's NOT the MiG-29

>DCS: Do not buy M-2000C and NTTR and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.

>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher is a replacement for stock BMS launcher including key/axis mapping feature. It can configure and save BMS SETUP per Joysticks. When you launch BMS through this app, it auto generates proper setup files and overwrites them for current device order before BMS find them changed and initialize your setup.
>TL;DR: Your pain setting up controls is over

>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Falcon 4 and BMS 4.33U3 setup
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Strike Fighters 2 For Dummies
pastebin.com/M5JQ2S7A

>Autism corner
mega.nz/#F!348iRBxC!UwZ7fEhKS8ASAGRYKSHzeQ
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3316691&postcount=328
forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3316695&postcount=329
dolphin887.deviantart.com/art/Christen-Eagle-II-701508613
youtu.be/Khq6BBvyX84
forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2711436&postcount=108
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A N i M E

well no but it'd be first real bomber in DCS so it still would be nice

True.

What if we not only get a MiG-29, we get a more recent one than the A variant

Is there a sim about naval artillery?

>they're probably gonna announce the MiG-29 tomorrow
Congrats /simg/ you fucking slavaboos.

Fuck off Raptor

>complaining about a full fidelity 4th gen Russian plane being made for a sim that has none at the moment
piss off

inb4 its the 29a

yea have fun with those short range heaters boys
ha ha ha

It has R-27s doesn't it?

who gives a fucking about mig 29 i want interactive cockpit su-27/33

this, the fact that it wasn't priority to make a module out of su-27 is beyond me, i mean you already have flight model, armament etc. in the game.

And I want a MiG-31. Fuck off, we've spent the past 3 years thinking we'd never even get a clickable Russian fighter.

or go step further mad make su-35 module
are you retarded? su-27 is a russian fighter so if it'd be turned into workable cockpit module you'd still get ruski jet fighter

>they think they're getting a russian fighter with clicky clicky cockpit

this,
we're getting Russian bomber with clicky clicky cockpit

>su-27
>su-35
>fucking su-35
are you people retarded or something. russia won't let anyone make full sim versions of those for decades

Behold, the slavaboo, like the miserable asiatic mongoloid scum from which it descends is never pleased when given what it wants.

don't cut yourself on that edge

how about pleasing both WWII and jet fans AND bomber fans, by making Arado 234?

Nah, I reserve the right to, Natoboos don't really complain about not getting the planes they want (though I'll admit that all the planes they could possibly want are coming).

Meanwhile, even though we don't really know what we're getting, the Slavboos are getting riled up over the fact that they're possibly being given a thing, when up until a week ago it was thought they wouldn't get anything at all.

>implying im not hype as fuck for it too
rude

I find the P-51 in DCS to be fun as fuck.

If only the guns didn't hit like a wet paper bag...

Also, dogfights against AI with any plane seem kind of unfair, but especially when you're talking about the gunfighters. It always seems like they're flying just a little to high, too fast, and not bleeding anywhere near enough energy in climbs and turns

they have a dumbed down flight model for preformance's sake

dude im gonna laugh so hard at your sad commie face when they reveal the trainer

>implying im not hype as fuck for it so that my glorious ALL AMERICAN F/A-18C HORNET cant blow it out of the sky to shut slavaboos up once and for all

us natoaboos will be upset too tho

Is there a way to have different graphics settings for singleplayer and multiplayer in DCS and Il-2 BOS?

Also, does anyone have some good Delanclip/FacetrackNoIR profiles for those games?

how's the jets in arma 3

God I really hope it's the F-16 or MiG- 29 that leatherneck releases. But there's a part of me that knows it'll be some trainer or a WWII bird.

That's not shocking.

I feel this on a very base level, its almost too good to be true that it will be a 4th gen red air fighter.

Indeed.

I'm certain this could go really good or really bad- no in between, just very bold extremes

There a way to get mouse aim controls in il-2 or DCS? I cannot get smooth flight control input by just keyboard alone, making it retardedly difficult to get steady aim on target.

Am I basically forced to buy a joystick or get fucked?

yes

>Am I basically forced to buy a joystick?

A Logitech Extreme 3D Pro will cost you thirty bucks and tell you if you want to spend more on something more capable while allowing you to do anything you need to in Il-2 and be serviceable with some effort in DCS.

>Sqúád

Get a $30 joystick like a Logitech Extreme 3DPro and you'll be just fine. You don't need to dump $700-$1,000 on sticks, pedals, throttles and headtracking gear to be competitive in MP

Noted, but I ship out for basic in a couple days, I was seeing if I could make do with what I have. I’ll have to wait until after graduation to dive into it fully.

If anything, MiG-29 is likely since it is such a widely exported fighter to shitty countries rather than an accurate F-16 because although exported a ton too, it is to 1st world countries only.

>MiG-25
Probably not for several years still
>Well they're making the MiG-19 aren't they?
True, though this reaches into my one criticism of ED, in that they seem to be overly eager to make modules that are ill fitted and in general less than useful in the modern battlespace of DCS world.

In a word, No

Night simg. Tomorrow you'll wake to either mass suicide or a second simg golden age.

Yeah. I wrote my note and have the rope setup.
See you tomorrow.

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3316691&postcount=328
>breathes in
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
DCS FAGS BTFO, ENJOY OYUR AEROBATIC NO COMBAT BIPLANE FAGGOTS

>forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3316691&postcount=328

If this is fucking true. I will completely give up all hope that DCS will develop into anything good.

Holy shit, there is no way magnitude could be this fucking stupid

I'd actually rather have the G-4

Its over DCS is finished
forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3316695&postcount=329

>Fucktard actually believes this will be the plane

You fucking takin stupid to a new level friend.

>this much denial
everything adds up
Rudel even shows the work he did on a tail wheel used on the aircraft

Maybe this is some mad joke.
Maybe it's a eurofighter, F-35, F-22, Mig-31, something literally unbelievable.

Oh lord....

>a couple days
Are you Amish?
Do you have to walk to the Best Buy the next town over???

dolphin887.deviantart.com/art/Christen-Eagle-II-701508613
See you in the aerobatics server mate, maybe we can touch wingtips while performing a synchronized cuban eight

Why buy a joystick when I can’t take my computer with me anyway?

so you can spend your last days of individual autonomy playing your favorite flight simulators without being gimped with keyboard flight controls

also, It'll still work (maybe) when you get back

>not listing prepar3d in the OP

I swear to God if it's a fucking BIPLANE...

KOMM SUSSER TODT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>casual field filled with new game announcement
>all quiet on the simulator front for years

If it is a trainer can we finally say that IL-2 has surpassed DCS yet?

Are there any decent joysticks I can get from china on the cheap side?

Get a Thrustmater HOTAS off Amazon
It was like $30 and I've had mine since like 2013 and it holds up just fine

Jeez people still give a fuck about dcs? Kust play bms alrwady.

No amazon here, shipping would cost a fortune.

That's where I bought mine, maybe check other distributors for something. Logitech makes some cheap albeit shitty joysticks that could probably get the job done

>Also, does anyone have some good Delanclip/FacetrackNoIR profiles for those games?
If you want it to be decent you'll have to set it up yourself. No one else has the same comfortable neck range and field of view as you, with your framerate and hardware.

You also need to "train" yourself. Start with a relatively low sensitivity and work your way up to a higher one.

Maybe Leatherneck does a Skyraider?

Rule the Waves

Well what is it?

So who is ready for the great wave of salt from Hoggit after Leatherneck / M3 announce an aerobatic biplane for DCS?

>I'll just stick to my Harrier for now and pretend that I am not crying.

>a fucking biplane
They cant be THIS stupid. This HAS to be a big ruse.

Yeah, they really like to reach into planes that have no use in the DCS battle space.

Just accept it. We will be getting this today for the low low price of $60. I am sure you can sell the salt extracted from your tears to cover the cost.

youtu.be/Khq6BBvyX84

F-35 still in service
F22 still in service
Both are brand fucking new and highly classified at the system level
MiG31 is ALSO highly classified at system level.
Don't get me wrong, there's still a lot of good modules, but I'm DEFINITELY not giving money to the gay ass biplane. Seriously Wagner, what the fuck?

ummm MiG-21 BIS? Isn't that a full fidelity Russian plane? I mean... it's not a generation 4 fighter, but still okay.

Your get seems to be exactly how the community feels. I thought the MiG-29 would be too classified for them to do as well though. Unless they do the Polish variant maybe?

>hype the community up like hell
>end up releasing an aerobatic biplane
>for a military sim
>for a community that's most enthusiastic about combat jets
Absolute financial suicide. If they really are going to do this it better bomb hard enough to send all other third party devs a clear message.

Why ED would greenlight this is beyond me, so I want to believe they didn't and it's going to be something else.

Anyone wanna be my wingman?
Cant wait to show off my airshow skills in the aerobatic server with the Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3/Leatherneck.

What a time to be alive!

Thanks, Thing is, I wouldn't mind a MiG29. I mean, I BOUGHT the MiG-21, but I'm also THIS guy The thing that I think irritates me, and probably the whole audience, is that there aren't as of yet, save for the Mirage 2000, ANY generation four fighters in full fidelity. You want Gen 4 planes? Fly AFM or take the Mirage 2000. Which in my opinion, along with flight sims GENERALLY being unwilling to develop full fidelity aircraft like the F/A-18, F-14, or really seemingly even anything at all capable of naval operations, is the most significant factor in hyping the F/A-18C, and next to nostalgia for the 80's aesthetic, the F-14A and F-14B.

Shitloads of countries have MiG-29s, even a US contractor has one if I recall. Plenty of opportunities to get at the guts.

>I dont have photoshop on my mac but pic related

Yea the Mirage is a fun aircraft but the only High Fidelity 4th gen Air to Air oriented fighter.

I think the primary reason nobody has developed those aircraft is because they are just now getting to the point where classified information is no longer classified and an accurate simulation of the aircraft can be commercially produced. I don't think they are unwilling, more that they are afraid of legal issues or not enough information...

I had the high fidelity F/A-18E fully fleshed out back in my FSX days with the VRS Superbug.

Fixed it.

I mean I guess if that is high fidelity to you then you already have your F/A-18E.

Thanks.

>biplanes
I'd rather have that fucking yugoslav trainer, god damn
If 4th gen jets aren't doable from a legal perspective there are still tons of cool 3rd gen planes that people are interested in. Fucking nobody wants a biplane, let alone a biplane without any kind of weaponry.

Right, Belsimtek is working on an F-4E, RAZBAM is making a F-105 and Mirage III (and MiG-19 but that is 2nd gen I think) etc.

But there are still 4th gen planes that are in the works too. I mean RAZBAM alone has a F-15E and A-6 Intruder on the back-burner. They were waiting for ED to implement Ground Radar before moving on with the F-15E.

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2711436&postcount=108

As high as an FSX thing CAN be, certainly not super on the flight model, fact that the engines can't send it more than 600 MPH and all that, but other wise it was okay. I'd still like to see it in DCS... and you know... actually fight with it.

What's the difference between the F-15C and the E?

The F-15C Eagle is a single seat all weather Air Superiority Fighter.
>For killing other jets

The F-15E is a two seat all-weather Multirole Strike Fighter.
>For killing ground targets while being able to defend itself from other jets

Broadly speaking, the E is a two-seat multirole fighter with all-weather deep strike capability. More to it than that, but that'll get you started.

Sounds cool. Good to know we're getting a full sim F-15 some day.

desu I wish we'd get an F-15A or F-15C. The mudhen is cool and all but god I love the aesthetic of the A and C.

and for the love of christ, could they give us some fucking fighters?

desu what we need is some goddamn redfor fighters.

You will take your aerobatic biplane and fucking like it.
Not that there is any combat in DCS anyway, its a systems/screenshot simulator

Fuckin' A right, my nigger. We need some fucking dedicated generation 4 fighters in BOTH sides, the MiG-21 is dandy and all, but in the modern battlespace, it's about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop.