/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

/lite/ edition

Previous thread >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.
A Hat In Time has its own general for the time being.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=3268.msg17541#new
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good question, but no, it's a fangame.

Is Edith Finch the definitive indie?

By popping by to say that this game is pretty horrifying. I just hope it'll come out of early access, because it holds promises.
And that it'll feature at least one tile that generates food because I'm not a hunter gatherer at all.

>Subnautica
Good or nay?

It's pretty good, but wait for release unless you like being blue-balled from the ending of a story. So around late 2019.

>ant RTS
nice

Steam spy seems to have suffered a glitch. The gigantic drop in Rimworld sales is not accurate. Hat Game also had a ridiculous drop in sales numbers (from 80k to 40k-ish). It seems that they corrected it though; the gigantic drop in both games sales seem to be gone now.

This game is pretty fun.

I derive more joy from honest to god programming than playing zachtronics games because it's the same amount of mental exercise and I actually accomplish something.

This could be applied to all games, and you'd be right.

An Untitled Story is one of the greatest metroidvanias! It came out around the same time of cave story but it's hardly as well known. The difficulty levels DRASTICALLY bolster enemy AI, its not just lame damage tweaks. Gives it great replayability.

I don't know user, I think comparing the amount of fun you derive from doing the mutagen puzzle blind and finding that missing semicolon is pretty accurate.

>I guess RPG speedruns have no save or loading
Most don't, but just out of expediency. It's only rarely actually better to load.

Of what I've seen, it was always to exploit RNG/a bug/fast travel.

>that ending
>FUCK THIS THING

And so the cycle continues.

After almost 400h I have been FTL with every ship on the hard difficulty. Now what?

time for no-pause winstreaks

No pause hard run with your favorite ship

>Oxygen Not Included
>found a geyser that continually spits out clean water/steam
>the water is also hot enough to slowly kill germs from cleaned polluted water, probably faster when i insulate the water tank

seems op

>seems op

you shut your god damn whore mouth before they nerf it to give you ebola

bomp maybe

Like clockwerk.

BRACE YOURSELVES LADS IT'S HAPPENING

WHAT

when

Soon

NOW

DEVLOG:
underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=3268.msg17541#new

Neat

holy shit those nerfs

>On hard difficulty EMP will drain energy (and subsequently deal damage to the holder) from all items in the inventory (not just equipped ones)

PANIC

what the FUG

RIP pack rats

>You will no longer hear the sound of NPCs stealthing when you enter an area for the first time, unless you can see them already

aaaaaaaaaa

>Added a number of possible random events around the world
Cool. So wait, was the mutant a random encounter after all, or is this something different?

I'm really liking these changes, I think I'll redo my plasma pistol run to take advantage of the some of the new feats and upgrades to the weapon.

>DC mindreading will now take into account the number of killed Faceless, which will have negative effects of varying degrees depending on that number; however, kills during certain story-related events where combat is unavoidable will not be counted

Ooof, no more farming Core City Faceless for their mask fragments and tank oddities then (unless I'm masochistic enough to try to get them all from the story-related events.)

I think maybe they will be like Fallout 1/2 random events where sometimes you can find friendly NPCs while wandering the underrail. Gonna opt into the beta and find out.

>We do not guarantee that the game can be completed in this mode so
>choose
>at
>your
>own
>peril

Whoops.

does it really say that
the madman

It does. I'm in love. LOVE.

I know this is a very minor change, but transparent name tags are cool. Very sci-fi.

These comic book style bold words look really fucking strange though.

Tried Kingdoms and Castles.

did you prefer the kingdoms or the castles?

>Azuridae Goliathus
so cool
>18 stacks of psionic synergy
JESUS CHRIST WHAT

After I hit the steam geyser I just stopped playing, this game needs a lot more content to add replayability.

>start new game
>leave for Mushroom Cove

Oh shit Dorothy, we are not in Kansas anymore. And yeah, okay, it does look like a waterfall now that I see it in motion. And dem water. And dem rocks. Hnng.

Kek'd.

>Interface options
>Main Menu theme
Oh thank fucking god.

Recommend strategy/tactics games if I like XCOM.

>Infused siphoner tabi boots will now give immunity to slow instead to immobilization
Fuck.

>even Styg forgets that not only tabi boots exist
Hah. Didn't save regular boots from the nerf though.

Massive Chalice.
XCOM 2.
Xenonauts if you like classical XCOM.

I'm kinda glad though, it makes pistols a bit more viable as a secondary for snipers instead of SMGs. Pistols need 7 DEX to begin with so they can pick up Escape Artist.

The question is, what tabis am I gonna wear now? Immunity to slow is fairly useless. Hopper for decreased Sprint cooldown? Or maybe pig for bonus HP and fortitude?

Hopper or Ninja for me or Ancient Rathound if it still gives the best speed even with the infused leather nerf. At least until the expansion. Maybe it'll give a better offer.

Why is darkwood dead already? It just came out and is likely the best horror game to come out in recent years.

We talked about it a lot already.

Hos the map

X-COM
South Park Fracture ButWhole
Mario y Raving Rabbids

It's a map. I mean, there's not much to say about it other than what Styg already wrote in the devlog. Some of the areas look cool, like Core City. But the art style kind of has this mobile game look to it. Could be just me, though.

>High-Technicalities increases damage with energy pistols by 7% for each point of intelligence above 5

Is it finally going to happen? An INT 16 build? I love it.

Keep in mind that every PER point increases gun damage by roughly 8% at level 25 with maxed Guns skill, in addition to the precision bonus.

>Massive Chalice
I can't get this shit to run. I don't have a toaster but I just get the cursor and a blank screen when I launch it.

>How's the map?

It sucks, Underrail is now ruined foreveREEEEEEEEEEE!

Weird.

It says 8% here. I guess it the precision bonus still gives perception the edge though.

Yeah, honestly it should be 9% to make it worth taking.

Crawlers were evil scary vile disgusting monsters already and now they're even worse. I'm going to cry.

If you're going to use energy weapons, you're going to want to take power management and practical physicist, which need 7 int, so you'd get 16% extra damage. Not sure if that's anything to write home out, but it might go well with the various crit boosting perks.

Can the hunchback's barrel explode?

It doesn't seem to do anything though.

Going to try a plasma pistol run, except replacing my dodge and evasion skills with stealth and pickpocket. Is ninja looter essential, or can I get away with not having it?

>Is ninja looter essential
Only if you want to pickpocket hostile NPCs without geting spotted, it's a must in that case. Otherwise it's not needed at all.

I remember there was an easy way to get rid of them without mad detection, I just can't remember how. Low freq shields aren't worth it and nobody carries antidotes anyway.

Well, of course. I'm pretty sure this is for the new Expedition title art. It's just great to have this confirmed.

I was hoping for a "Legacy" option. I still prefer the original drone.

Nah, I think this is about the title screen art and maybe ui color scheme, not music.

Maybe it's both. Anyways it's not a big deal, I will just replace the file myself when the expansion comes out

Neat, new dialogue options.

I've been wondering about this ever since watching the gameplay trailer.

>that second option
I wonder if it will be actually possible to get a shotgun this way. I bet it would make the early game so much easier for gun builds.

>.44 straight out of SGS
>fire two shots per turn at a rate of one rathound per shot

Yeah, it's cool. And now I only have to savescum with Junkyard Surprise for 3 minutes instead of 10!

What stat will you be savescumming for though?

Agility, obviously. To cross them fences and jump over rivers.

>STR 1 PER 19 build

No more perception bonus either. It's now str, agi, dex, con only. The malus can still be anything however.

Shit, you're right. I thought it was will and int. Still, 2 dex is a pretty strong buff for melee builds.

why do i feel bad about pirating indie shit while having no qualms about pirating AAA games
feels like indie devs can be really passionate about their games

Because you can find excuses to justify pirating an AAA game like a little bitch.

haha

It's obvious we can't get it now, but maybe when the expansion is out.

Do traders in rimworld still sell fertilized eggs?

Do the new beetles drop better shells?

>>Added a number of possible random events around the world
>Cool.
I feel Styg really REALLY downplayed that. With the random event system and easy means of adjusting content for variables like difficulty, replayability will get a whole lot better for those who of us already know Underrail like their pockets. I'm fucking hyped, as far as I'm concerned this starts a new era for Underrail.

Styg doesn't want to talk of the technical implementation of random events so people won't start scumming them and I will respect that, but I'll confirm basics on the thing I promised: yes, the two-headed mutant is a random event. Although not of the usual kind. It's only available on hard and above difficulties and it is stupidly rare.

More generally about random events: there are 338 of them active right now and they can contain frigging anything. They're secondary to static main content, but I'll be damned if the special random events don't make every playthrough feel more unique and the common random events backtracking less of an uneventful trek through empty zones!