/xgg/ - Xenogames General #16

Previous Thread: >Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

>Nintendo direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U

>XB2 General FAQ
pastebin.com/d8TqRTxi

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>Xenoblade 2 'Info' Doc. Please help contibute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cHOVDqCeStI
youtube.com/watch?v=y9Wn0T_5YX4
youtube.com/watch?v=ngPaaUxGDWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Zeke keeps knocking crabs off the edge
Stop it you chuuni fuck, you're the one who needs those core crystals the most.

and remember to save your game.

Chapter 7/8 spoilery question:
Does Rex's new salvage suit increase salvaging rates?

BRINGER OF CHAOS

For my Poppi QT Pie users, how do you build her? Do you use tank mods to make tora a full tank or go damage with a dex/str mod?

Pretty sure it's 100% cosmetic.

I think it's just cosmetic as a reward for getting vivid green, it's so much better than that gay blue suit.

So Ive never played any Xeno game and when I first saw this I didn't think much.
But then I learn its an open world JRPG with elemental weakness system and a Persons/Pokemon- collect-a-ton of weapons who are party members? Also the 3D anime aesthetic looks pretty neat and clean.

Im really intrigued by this. How does it compare to other jrpgs like Persona 5 and open world games like FFXV/Witcher3/BOTW? Im getting some FFXII vibes from it, am I way off mark?

that is a good OP image. We are quite pleased.

The blue suit kind of grew on me, I like this one better but it still feels a little overdesigned. Holy fuck the cutscene when he gets it though is radical. I love this game.

for anyone who's past chapter 8, how do i deal with amalthus' reincarnation?

Well it would be nice to have the option, like maybe using the Y button, same as Pyra/Mythra.

youtube.com/watch?v=cHOVDqCeStI
I'm loving his theme song.

Just got my switch and my copy of XC2 in the mail today. I played about 4 hours tonight and it seems like I'm going to like this game.

What are the odds of the other xenoblade games and xenosaga getting switch ports? I loved xenogears back in the day, but when xenosaga came out I had already stopped playing vidya. Would be nice to get a second chance at the xenosaga games.

If it's the open world that attracts you, go for XCX over XC1/2.
X is the only truly 'open world' game of the three, and though the main story itself is a bit short, you will drown in sidequests and subplots.

One day I'll deserve her.

There's apparently a big Bandai-Namco event next week with Nintendo involved. If there was ever a time to announce Xenosaga for Switch that would be it.

You're not off mark at all. The Xenoblade games are all open-world games with great stories. Xenoblade 1 and 2 both have it so that as you progress through the story you essentially unlock more and more of the world, where as X is less story focused and you can explore just about everywhere right off the bat.

Of the three Xenoblade 2 is easily my favorite, and I'd say it's the best, it's got such a vibrant open world and the quests are all really endearing and the combat is just so damn satisfying. I can see myself putting a few hundred more hours into this unlocking everything and fighting all the world bosses and doing all the quests.

If the games interest you I'd recommend giving Xenoblade 1 a shot, it emulates pretty well and it's really impressive for a Wii game. Then later on if you enjoy Xenoblade 1's story I'd recommend going onto 2 or even going back and playing Xenogears and Xenosaga. X on the other hand isn't very strong story wise, but if there are going to be sequels to X it has the potential to be really good story wise.

I could see that being patched in if there's requests for it to monolith soft or NoE.

The open world doesn't attract me as much as how the rest of the systems play in it. That and how entertaining the exploration, world building, characters and story play out.

The only similarities between 12 and the Xeno series is that both them are RPGs with some light MMO elements and AI controlled team mates.

I really like the Xenoblade games and 12 although for different reasons entirely.

Goddammit.

Oh and I should add, regarding Xenogears and Xenosaga: They're not open world but the two are some of the greatest stories ever told in gaming, but bear with Xenosaga 2 because it's a bit rough due to Bandai Namco fucking with monolith during development; trust me Xenosaga 3 is worth it.

It isn't, because it makes me remember the gorillion unresolved plotlines of X and how they'll never have a conclusion.

>tfw unlocking titty-monster Blade by accident

nice

where is cafe lutino?

I haven't gotten a single rare blade from a rare core. How have you all fared?

I've gotten maybe 2 from out of 15 rare.

Woah.

I've gotten two rares from common cores so far - had to burn through a bunch though to get one for Nia.

I think the more I play Xenoblade 2, the more I really hate the combat in it compared to previous games.

I fully grasp how you're supposed to be playing, but the absolutely braindead AI combined with the inability to tell your team to do anything other than focus on your target hurts me so fucking much. Why they decided to have tutorial buttons on the directional button instead of basic AI commands pisses me off so much. Even the fucking first game had a better set of prompts.

Wish me luck.

>bigger bust with ZR
Muh dick

>no legendaries
enjoy rolling nothing.

most of my team are from rare crystals

>implying I'd roll anything with legendaries

Let us know how it goes.

I believe in you user

Where?

>Just realised you can use two blades to achieve one field objective
And by that I mean if you have one blade with wind mastery lv2 and another with wind mastery lv1 in your party they combine so you're able to access places with lv3 wind mastery areas. Did everyone else know this? Am I just turbo retarded? Posting anyways to save a life.

Hope you get Perun like I did

What blades do you recommend for Zeke? For ATK blades, I have Dagas, Agate, Praxis (core not used), Vale (on Zeke), Wufric (core not used). I am willing to use an overdrive.

You are turbo retarded
It took me an embarassingly long time to figure that out

Local man found dead in own house. Cause of death appears to be the repeated carving of the number 127 into his skin. Wether the death was a suicide is still under investigation.

>use a common crystal on Nia hoping to get a blade with item drop increase
>it's Perun instead

I guess you didn't find any of the really high requirement field objectives.
You can't get Darkness Mastery lv. 7 with just one blade.

user, how were you planning to open this one?

that's... a shop, right? Surely...

pls reply i got a item for expand stock but it doesn't say location like every other one

It isn't. I just looked it up and apparently it's part of a sidequest, don't worry

Goddamn those Pentagon chips are broken for the stage of the game i'm at. Pyra's rocking 300+attack and gave Rex 50 luck.

>when you hear the Mor Ardain theme for the first time

How do I get to the Island under the Palace in Mor Ardain?

I hope those Xenosaga HD rumors are true

Bridge on the other side of the town
Fall down
Find a tunnel through

Indol has my favorite theme, for different reasons.
youtube.com/watch?v=y9Wn0T_5YX4

I've been trying to find places that I can jump straight down onto the island from for the last hour. Thanks.

Anyone know how to get the key for this door?
I don't know what I might have missed, but I can't seem to find it.

I spent like 4 hours climbing down the pillar holding the bridge up because it was like day 2 and nobody figured out the normal way yet.

So, what's your opinion so far ? 60h, chap 5 and I really like this game
There's some that are annoying tho. And I'm playing most of the time in handheld mode. It's not THAT terrible (I played Xeno n3DS)

Psssst
Hey
Postgame, go to the bottom of Tantal in cloudy weather

r8 my BLADE

tfw stabbing yourself with your blades like Vandahm isn't a mechanic

Best.

Not a tanktop/10

Chapter 8, 86 hours in. I absolutely love it only problems I have are some of the clunky things that could get patched out potentially.

If this game isn't a nominee for OST of the year at the next year's game awards then I will lose all hope for the gaming journalism industry.

"Morag, you have to tell me how to do that thingy with the blue flames. Snazzy. as. hell."
"Snazzy. I see. I had forgotten that some drivers fancy style over substance."

Post bantz.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Oi. Don't ye be spreadin' shite thain't real i sware on me mum

That's old as hell lol

I'm like 50 hours and just started chapter 4 a little. Honestly I love it, including all the anime shit everyone seems to hate.

There's some technical issues I hope they fix and some weird design choices I'm hearing about, but coming off X, where it was frustrating as hell at times with some of the choices they made, I'm having a blast.

Did someone here requesting edit access to my doc with all the arts? Not the OP one, but the one linked in that doc.

>where it was frustrating as hell at times with some of the choices they made
like not finishing the story?

>dev rank 3 and still no Coral Leaf Deed for Fonsett

damnit

Where do I get the drinks Boreas wants for the warehouse?

OST NEVER EVER

>Perun's breast physics

I CAN'T HEAR YOU
I CAN'T SEE YOU

Where do you get them and what chapter?

Why are Rare Core Cystals not 100% guaranteed to give you a rare? Just make them less common if you're worried about people having all Rare Blades within the first half of the game, it's not even like you can buy them with real cash or anything.

Just finished it. Damn. I was fine up until that post credits scene, then the music flares and I just couldn't. Even though this game is basically a love story and I couldn't relate too much (sadly) I can imagine what loving (and being loved by) someone so strongly must be like.

please? I want salvaging mastery.

i found where to get +50 agility cores for morag
go to gormott -> upper level right -> lascham island
there are a fuckton of level 35-ish enemies there called hard crabs. kill them. they drop Pentagon Chips, which are the strongest weapons I've found so far, and I'm level 50. when equipped on agility tanks, they add 50 to agility. on a healer, they reduce aggro from autoattacks by 50%. on an attacker, they either increase luck by 50 or max HP by 500.

Stand on the platform under the bridge and jump onto the small buildings jutting out the side of the cliff face.

Sweet, finally got my 4th member. To the bench you go, Tora.

please respond

followed this video

youtube.com/watch?v=ngPaaUxGDWk

I did it in chapter 5 though and was in low 40's

I'd like to bond myself with her if you get my drift

Now I'll never go to the merc menu again.

I love that armor.

Who should the beastly core crystal go to?

Zeke

has anyone found all the nopon murals for the riddle on the wall subquest?
known ones are

quest start one on gormott
mor ardain
indol
tantal

and a missing 5th one

Jesus Christ, I'm trying to get to level 3.

ye seems really dumb. they always do this one thing that makes it extra hard on people for some reason.

I love it, my only issues are UI stuff and the gacha

So was the Monado the 3rd Aegis?