/scg/edg/ Star Dangerous/Elite Citizen General #238

someone else make the thread for once edition
ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gSMcwMQgUzA
youtube.com/watch?v=k6gXK2se4zo&list=PLZcv1kmz26ut4vfnIacldgN7sATC3aDKx&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=lC4nxCHfoS0
wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Paperclip_maximizer
forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/936613#Comment_936613
raylehnhoff.github.io/SCFSD/
robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report
discord.gg/8rHzqKg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wait like 30 minutes for someone to make a thread

you had all the time in the world and this is what you give us

>watched one of these bad boys absolutely annahilate someone earlier out of nowhere
>still manned turrets on ships

>ships can mount the same computer hardware necessary to automate aimbot turrets as stations

youtube.com/watch?v=gSMcwMQgUzA

>mind your step
is this made in space-canada

Is there a lore reason for why computers are so ass end primitive in the game?

not really, it's just CIG being arbitrary and retarded

yes goy you need a super large computer to calcutlate the trajectory i mean even the soviets werent able to to that with the schilka in the 1960´s
now buy my super trajectory computer your mobiglass wont be able to do the math

I think there was something about strong AI being banned or something. Or maybe I'm thinking Mass Effect. Fuck it, who knows. Probably just some made up bullshit.

vid of turret annihilating something?

Newrora looks like it has pretty neat fov

Hopefully not

I want my robo waifu

will ai qt gfs be possible in star citizen?

The fov slider was a nice addition.

>wait like 30 minutes for someone to make a thread
>don't do anything useful yourself
>complain when someone else steps up

OwO

when is the holliday stream?

21st

>funding lining up that perfectly with staff

Is this graph fudging scale or is it really that dead-on?

I recall Chris saying in one of 10ftc episodes that funding will determine their studio expansion so they don't over spend and get bankrupt.

>youtube.com/watch?v=k6gXK2se4zo&list=PLZcv1kmz26ut4vfnIacldgN7sATC3aDKx&index=12

Is this the meta? Also ballistic smg vs laser rifle for personal use?

laser for crusader ballistic smg for star marine

youtube.com/watch?v=lC4nxCHfoS0

Not as I know, but if you can't go the extra length after accepting spaceplane propelled by space aether and kinetic energy shield you can imagine that electronic warfare became so sophisticated in the future that only the strictest and most basic computer can survive jamming and hacking.

It's true of real life by the way, space probe computer are made far less complicated that we can because radiation fuck up with any small electronic system and shielding is costly. Miniaturization is bitting us in the ass.
We have statistic data about computer crashing more often in high altitude.

Add to this the logistic, if a interstellar ship must eventually operate near a magnetar type star you need to be ready for it anytime.

and there the easy trick of banning AI due to problem a paperclip maximizer.
wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Paperclip_maximizer
I still expect a random Star Citizen mission to be about destroying a rogue AI ship.

If you have more than one game package you can make a custom NPC with the extra slot, or you can make additional player characters. You'll still have to pay your "pet" npc and whatnot, but you'll be able to design it and probably customized its skillset too. Your pocket NPC will still count against your total controlled minions cap.

Do you have some sources for that?
I mean the part where you can hire another player's character as npc.

Else I think it will be funny when CIG make an AtV about player npc dress code and whether or not you can order your all female caterpillar crew to wear bikini.

Based Drake

They know their consumer base

lol
>Be manufacturer for the masses
>Displays bikini thots. After all thats what the plebs like

The best manufacturer is anvil. Thats the professional brand. Unfortunately not all manufacturers have ships for everything.

have you been to a car show?hell even vidya expos have thots

You wont see naked thots over rolls royce, mercedes or some lockeed martin F-35.
Well, not on official brand presentations that is.

They forgot the poster of naked Sandi.

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

The blurred out booth babes triggered the shit outta the inbreds on Autismo spectrum, they need to do more of that

Does Will Holden come here? He seems like the kind of guy who'd come here. Some of his videos are pretty annoying, but he has his moments.

>spawn dragonfly
>sit on it
>instantly rolls 180°, starts spinning until I nearly black out
>starts drifting off upwards into space
I'm digging those new and improved gravlev mechanics

I want to slap the retard that thought it would be a good idea for the bikes to have a "turn into a fucking plane" mode.

Actually got through a clear out the enemies mission. The light trail left by the afterburner/cruise make you obvious as fuck, so you will be able to spot people from pretty far.

As soon as they get the framerate fixed, this is going to be great. Not being able to smoothly fly and shoot is the only thing holding it back, and dozens if not hundreds of other game breaking bugs. The other shit could be lived with, if they would just fix the fucking frames.

no they save that for the gentleman's club later, or the back room.

It's not :"Hire another players character as an NPC" its Make a custom NPC of your own in an additional character slot, instead of an actual player character.

I for example have three game packages, attached to various ships, each package has one character slot at a time. So I could make three player characters and play them in different regions or as different sides of the law or w/e, OR I could Use one character slot for my own actual self and then use the other two slot to make custom NPCs to serve as crew on my ships or guards at whatever base I might have, I'd still have to pay and support them like I would any other NPC but their looks, gear, skills and maybe personality I get to choose instead of just having to take whatever I can get from a job board.

did you get anything nice in the sale, user?

personally im not spending any more on this scam until it's playable (final product)

Reclaimer upgrade, but I'm going to melt it if the visibility is as bad as its looking right now

Stocked up on some Caterpillar to Orion CCUs, will have to wait a whole year before we'll see 'em price increases etc.

>The faggots that think visibility in any vehicle is a good method of "balance"
I hate them.

I didn't spend any money because I said a long time ago that they don't get another cent from me till 3.0 is out, and DESU I've spent about my ratiolalizable limit anyway. I did however do some lucrative hull trades and ended up with much bigger/better ships than I began. In particular I traded four little ships for a pair of Orions I had intended to trade two(Superhornet +Tally base) for an orion, but in light of the Orions MASSIVE buff, I traded my prospector + 350R + Ursa + cyc in as well.

Then I used what I have left in credit to pick up a Mustang Beta so I still have a proper single seat ship.

>I think (horrible gameplay decision that genuinely makes the game less fun for certain players) is good because (incorrect belief)

Me too user

If they'd just get rid of that fuck huge center console it could be salvageable

I got a hawk and a CCU'd LTI BMM

my wallet tried to make me melt all my ships to buy a reclaimer and skip to my endgame like a faggot, but through sheer force of will i was able to avoid spending a single penny.

that said, i still fell for the cyclone, nox, and dragonfly memes and i'm rather upset that neither of the bikes function ingame for shit despite seeing dragonfly gameplay for over a year where it's *not* bouncing the driver off of a planet surface and into space at 9999km/s. 2 of those are gone whenever the fuck one of them actually functions properly, doesnt matter which to me

I just can't understand the logic in saying that poor cockpit visibility is a way of balance.

I did some search myself
forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/936613#Comment_936613
In short you must buy characters slots but can hire them as crew.
I was somehow caught up in the idea that character slot didn't cost anything so letting us custom make our own crew sounded incompatible with death of a spaceman. So it sounded like you were talking of a bizarre walk around with another account but in the end it's the same.

btw I'm not bothered about paying for that. It's mostly cosmetic and have no impact on gameplay beyond letting you play outlaw slaver and a lawful citizen (if there's any exploit running on that they'd easily kill it since it's the same account)
If they didn't do that custom npc-crew would probably be paid cosmetic anyway.

Is overcharging weapons in game currently?

I have a fuckload of extra power and i'd like to pump it into my guns

For energy weapons you can change the power distribution and overwork them. Obviously that doesn't work for ballistics. To be honest though, it's a tough decision to make and I'd only ever overcharge weapons on a first strike, afterwards it's important to keep the balance between your shields and engines.

So there's no way to distribute excess power to guns without removing power from something else?

If I'm reading my little gauge right i'm only using like 33% of my power at any given time, would like to use 80 or 100 if possible

I got a cyclone RN for $15, the rest of it and my other upgrades were all from store credit.

I got the nearly $70 value of them refunded to me somehow, no acknowledgement of it from anyone but my bank. Checked RSI, billing/sub and hanger remain unmolested. I'm not sure what's going on. Merry Christmas to me I guess?

>go here and turn on relay
>ok
>There's an npc Buccanneer
>oh these are really lightly armored I should be able to kill it quickly
>Unloading avengers minigun and panthers into it
>Seemingly doing nothing despite hit markers
>eventually run out of ammo and give up after like 15 minutes

What did they do to combat? I remember when I played last year it was fast and pretty satisfying

Try fighting an M50, its a hundred times worse.

I want her to call me a

My current jew fleet

Is there somewhere you can make those?

>jew fleet
>no Merchantman

raylehnhoff.github.io/SCFSD/

Xeno's please leave

Aw no Hawk yet.

Still no hammerhead

Are you telling me that you can weaken your shields/thrusters to give more power to lasers? lol

And cyclone

Random reminder that because of the parking lot voter we will never have the Millennium drake Falcon

goy

>"Dat color pallet! Fucking edge!"

roflmao

>make a gorillion dollars off kick starter
>start selling land on top of that for more money
Why...?

Because what is better than a gorillion dollars? Two gorillion dollars.

>Next week, we will send out our inaugural Squadron 42 newsletter, which will be a monthly installment containing exclusive news on our single-player campaign. Join us on Thursday, December 21st at 12 PM PST for our Holiday ATV Special focused on Squadron 42.

Does this mean no SQ42 in 2017?

lol no sq42 2018, kiddo

>Unironically thinks there's a chance in 10 hells that we'll get SQ42 in our hands this year

Updated schedule report
robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Have you ever thought that a game of SC scope might not be feasible with the current technology, and then regret all your ship purchases?

>Could somebody indicate the name and sauce of the amazingly talented asian girl developer RSI has? For science. Thx.

The slit-eye who was crushed under the Idris ramp?

X free weekend

also reminder that the rebirth demo is apparantly unrestricted.

Hows that? Free weekend SC?

My favorite ship is the Anvil Python. At least it mines better than the Noctis.

>whales btfo

>Dlc
>Game not even complete

Fuck off

I assume he's talking about the X series games

>198064556
>post doesn't deserve a (You)

Uhh you know those are in two different games right? And the Noctis is a salvage ship not a fucking mining barge you retard.

Have an invite to whale central
discord.gg/8rHzqKg

>the team worked on range based update culling on the server to reduce the amount of processing on client side that came with increasing the player count in multiplayer. This is currently in QATR with the plan to run an initial test in PTU this week.

Bind culling soon, lets see if we can get stable 60 FPS.

>198059127
>making a AAA game on a scale that have never been done before
>making a MMO without subscription
>making last for years
>retard believe it cost nothing

Combat is super wack in SC. Needs massive improvement.

ay lmao! The most prestigious activity E:D fags have is shooting at alien poons.

>promise it will cost nothing
>still charge money

de-sync

Is the aquila shit for only having 1 turret? It seems to be better for doing the stuff the constellation is actually competent at, namely exploration and long range light cargo.

The top turret has some weird scanner 'contraption', dunno if it even has a bottom turret or not, should come with the Ursa/Merlin thou'

It does have a bottom turret and yeah the upper turret is the "science station", so scanners and stuff assumably.

It does have a snub fighter and the ursa plus retains the same cargo capacity.

Is the phoenix going to have no cargo? Going by the pictures the cargo bay seems entirely replaced by the jacuzzi bed combo.

>pls die ive been shooting you for 15 minutes

Anyone else think that just the throttle and mouse would be the best combo for SC?