Heather and Dogmeat edition!

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

/aco/ thread:
Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28051/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25967
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Sweeper
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In terms of the future of the commonwealth the endings are ranked:
Institute > > > > > BoS > being nuked (at least they are put out of misery quickly > > > The Railroad > being taken over by gunners > being taken over by the operators > preston and his merry band of mememen

this can't come soon enough
and so will I

Legion sucks

The mutant population is an act of war, and you are the one who is wrong user.

There is no such thing as "can't be reasonably disposed of, so they were dumped". That doesn't happen. Dumping them is either through the water tunnel or the teleporter. No one teleports out hundreds of mutants as an "oversight". That is not how things work when your organization is only like 50 people or whatever, and energy consumption is a concern, and the teleporter technology isn't shown to do more than like 20 at a time. The idea that hundreds of mutants found there way to the surface as an oversight is absurd.

I understand that there is a line in the game about just making more test subjects on auopilot, but this has the obvious issue of them finding their way to the surface, which doesn't make much sense. Unless you have a villainous institute administrator who sees the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone and cull the troublesome topsider population with the mutants.

Minutemen are the objectively best faction.

Freedom for the Commonwealth.

>"Don't mix lore with gameplay!"
>"Unless it supports my argument!"
Neither reality is rectified by the minutemen ending
FEV lab is walled off and shut down, Super Mutants are all over Boston
Moot point

>who would win a Commonwealth spanning organisation with a castle, artillery and a radio station
>one angry crab boy
the answer might surprise you

Don't forget
>One (1) general selling out kills off everyone left
What a great, sturdy organization to weigh the commonwealth's future on

Kill all muties
Stop collecting pre-war tech

>Who would win, a giant army with a pre-war super weapon that throws nukes like foot balls
>1 retarded grumpy old man with cancer
The answer might suprise you!

You can literally do that with anything.

The reformed Minutemen are the only thing that can bring true freedom to the commonwealth.

What is this goalposts? Are the institute villains or not user?

We very much have not been discussing in game stuff, and definitely lore, from the start of this entire conversation since this is all post game or off screen stuff. Why is it suddenly an issue when it's something that is critically wrong with your belief that the mutants are just an unfortunate "oversight"

>the railroad that high

>You can literally do that with anything.
not even close to being comparable, a cancerous old man has a research organisation, a teleporter and an army of syths, keep in mind that a courser is meant to be much stronger than even a sentry bot or a platoon of gunners

the minutemen lost their heavily fortified location to a fucking crab, and lost Quincy to glorified raiders, now imagine if something like a Caesars Legion rolled into the Commonwealth, the mememen would be be wiped in seconds

I wouldn't really say that being placed below getting nuked is >that high

We're not discussing the morality of the Institute Caitfag, we're discussing the value of the technology you decide to destroy. My argument is none of your goals are actually accomplished by using the nuclear option. The method of transportation for an old, discontinued project is irrelevant.
That would be you moving the goalposts.

How can Supermutants on the surface be an "oversight" when the terminal in the FEV lab has a list of mutants deemed fit for Surface and some deemed unfit and disposed of.
The list alone is proof that they handpicked Supermutants to dump on the surface.

>not even close to being comparable
Its not? When the BoS are the most armed to the teeth organization in the game, and everyone doesn't do anything but rag on the 'tute for being inept and retards?

How about the BoS being killed by a jive talking black man and a complusive liar? Is that comperable?

Minutemen are freedom, you're protecting your own land, so you'll fight harder. BoS are glorified raiders and the 'tute are genocidal assholes.

>Its not?
are you honestly saying that an organisation with teleportation, an army of robots, some stronger than any robot in the setting, with their own laser weaponry, are comparable in power levels to a fucking crab?
>your own land, so you'll fight harder
but thats the thing, they didn't, the organisation withered away and died, it wasn't even some glorious catastrophic defeat that took them out, it was just one crab and the fact that they didn't actually give a fuck about one another as evident in only a small force showing up to defend Quincy

the boys are back in town
the boys are back in town
the goys are back in town

>downloads some flora overhaul
>plays with nintendo textures
Weird priorities m8

>Talking about best ending for the commonwealth
> about the past and not the progression through the game
>Caring about the best outcome
I see 'tute fags are retarded as whom they back.

>Subject CM-151 Edit
>Transcript

>Baseline: Male, mid-30s. Poor overall health.

>Post-submersion results: Consistent with standard results

>Subject Status: DISCARDED
>Subject CF-224 Edit
>Transcript

>Baseline: Female, late-30s. Moderate overall health.

>Post-submersion results: Initially consistent with standard results. Rapid decline in physical condition.

>Subject Status: DECEASED
>Subject CM-153 Edit
>Transcript

>Baseline: Male, early 30s. Moderate overall health.

>Post-submersion results: Physical condition consistent with standard results. Mental acuity charting slightly higher than average.

>Subject Status: TAGGED, DISCARDED
>Subject CM-092 Edit
>Transcript

>Baseline: Male, late 20s. Above average overall health.

>Post-submersion results: Rapid decline in mental capacity, anomalous physical results

>Subject Status: TERMINATED
>Subject CF-199 Edit
>Transcript

>Baseline: Female, early 20s. Moderate overall health.

>Post-submersion results: Rapid, excessive physical growth. Aggression far above normal parameters.

>Subject CM-187 Edit
>Transcript

>Baseline: Male, mid-30s. Poor overall health.

>Post-submersion results: Inconclusive

>Note: Subject unintentionally terminated during Incident V. Data should be culled from future reports.
>Subject CF-203 Edit
>Transcript

>Baseline: Female, early 30s. Moderate overall health.

>Post-submersion results: Inconclusive

>Note: Subject unintentionally terminated during Incident V. Data should be culled from future reports.

I see one instance of tagging a smart mutant, which might be consistent with standing orders
There's no "surface" anywhere

>two factions who only care about plundering the surface and nothing else
>best future

>institute

i dont have to explain myself to you

>not the progression through the game
the progression is dependent entirely on the player saving the organisation that has been reduced to 1 nigger, 1 junkie, 1 synth, and a failing marriage of 2 wastelanders. It is pointless to include player actions in the consideration because the player can easily be the head of both the mememen and the institute

Well what do you think is the difference between DECEASED and TAGGED, DISCARDED.
Deceased is rather obvious, where do you think the Mutants have been discarded?

>No X6

I certainly am discussing why I destroyed the institute. As I have been this entire time.

You brought up the mutants just being an oversight, and I explained why that is unlikely or perhaps even impossible. And how they got to the surface is important to that point. So no, it's not irrelevant and no, it's not moving the goalpoasts. You are either mistaken or being disingenuous. I'd rather not have to go back over everything again, but if you keep saying untrue things, we'll have to start linking posts again from last thread.

you dirtfarmers would still be eating radiated shit if the institute didn't introduce resilient crops to the surface

Deceased means died during conversion
Tagged means closer to what they're looking for
Terminated means abnormal and aborted
Discarded means normal, thus dumped
They didn't need a suplus of basic mutants

>In a game where everything beats everything depending on how you choose to go, acting like any of them are the strongest.

This argument is stupid.
The Institue is going to not help anyone, they're just going to keep doing shadowy shit in the shake of experiements

BoS isn't going to help anyone, they're just going to tear up cities for their war machines and continue on their way to the next area just like they did in DC

Railroad isn't going to help anyone, their mission is complete, they saved all synths

Minutemen are the only people with a stake to the commonwealth and its continuation, so if you actually care about the commonwealth, they're the most viable option

Its like you faggots didn't even pay attention to the game.

Whole lot of synths in /fog/ tonight.

People have been farming crops all over america in Fallout, what are you talking about.

you have no reading comprehension dumbass, what he was saying is that using the existance of super mutants to claim that destroying the institute must be done quickly is retarded, because no more mutants are being produced, and destroying the institute does nothing to stop the ones already on the surface

the whole conversation started when an user said that the game forces you to destroy the institute instead of occupying it, and you claimed that institute must be destroyed because its some kinda retarded race against time, even though destroying the instittue now, will not stop the SM or the roving bands of GEN1

>The Institue is going to not help anyone, they're just going to keep doing shadowy shit in the shake of experiements
you are the head you decide what they do and don't, and how are they not helping anyone when they are responsible for the source of food for the surfacers
>Minutemen are the only people with a stake to the commonwealth and its continuation
which is why they fell apart, and didn't defend quincy right?
>they're the most viable option
nope, becoming the head of the institute and the mememen is the most viable option

the ones in the commonwealth are developed and introduced by the Institute

If you're going to fixate on this point I invite you to read above and draw conclusions for yourself.
If you decided to blow up the institute because they're "evil", that's your prerogative; emotional arguments like that lead nowhere
But do not say the Minutemen ending was in any way a necessary response to active threats, because it wasn't, and you're well aware of that.

It's just the one "My Headcanon is Canon because it makes sense in my Head" again.
It'll stop when he takes his meds or anons stop giving him (You)s again.

somebody needs to draw a gen 2 synth as a happy merchant.

I never listed the mutants as one of the reasons the institute must be destroyed quickly, so yoyr comment about reading comprehension and calling me dumb is ironic.

This post () is the one in which I talked about the mutants, and it is not one of the time sensitive points.

This post () is the one in which I discussed time being an issue, where mutants are not listed. I didn't even bring up mutants first.

Please keep up before being rude.

>the ones in the commonwealth are developed and introduced by the Institute
But that's wrong.

>In the same post where you argue the institute will change regardless of its past because you're running the show you turn around and say the Minutemen will fail because of their past regardless of the face you're running the show and actively making it stronger than it was before.

How non-sensical can a person be?

>no gen1 or gen2 pro institute synth follower
why though? they are so adorable

but its not, the bio department straight up tells you that they have been introducing new crops to the surface for a long as fuck time

Just put on a trip already holy shit.

The BoS is pretty much a better legion: A total military dictatorship that earns respect instead of fear and encourages its members not to act like total savages.

They have been experimenting with crops, yes, that doesn't mean they are responsible for all crops growing on the surface. What did people eat in the decades after the bombs fell while the CIT survivors where still tunneling underground?

You're making assumptions and pull shit out of your ass again for lack of arguments.
Your last (You) from me, don't bother replying.

Yeah but no slavery though
How's it supposed to die out just as planned and create a utopia?

Because gen 1 and 2s attack everyone who's not in the 'tute on sight.

I obviously mean that I am playing as the institute lead, can't the department make a gen1 or gen2 lackey for me to run around with? its not like they can't be programmed to be docile, there are already two of them hanging around diamond city ever since the ending

I'm surprised that Shaun just didn't hand you over a character sheet to make your own custom synth follower out of to hand to the folk in production on his deathbed.

>can't make a harem of lobotomized synth noras to suckle on my balls and bounce on my cock all day
It's not fair.

FO1, 2, and 3
> Your buddies
> Give you great weapons and armor

NV
> insane techno hoarding racist raiders
> Elijah

that would be amazing, even that fucker in Far Harbour gets to have a courser waifu and what do I get? a fucking synth baby I didn't even want? what the fuck, I just want to have a gen1 follower

>send you to the glow to die a horrible death
>buddies

>become BOS sentinel
>still can't kill Nick
What the shit? Are there mods to rectify this?

>a fucking beaver

just make him non essential in the console

>Put a pompadour wig on Piper
>can't stop laugh
I may be immature.

Quotations marks around the word evil aren't necessary user.

And yes, time does matter, as I explained in this post: ().

>you don't discuss with them because you charge in to kill them
Absolutely false, and I've even talked about getting embedded in the institute and planning to get their ending on a playthrough and eventually deciding not to at the last minute. This is an egregious assumption and completely false.

>becoming director...
This isn't true, and is something we've discussed here to death. An altruistic SS has to change a lot of things. Views on synths, views on wastelanders, where to devote resources, how to treat topsider government, how to punish people for crimes (swan), how to solve disagreements (the bioscience guys), how to discourse. Fundamental things like views on human life and how to communicate with other people. Apparently, they even change your radio message to diamond city if it's too altruistic sounding.

I am more than willing to put the time and effort into sitting in that chair debating with them over these issues, that is a lot more appealing to me than sending any nukes anywhere, but it's demonstrated that they aren't interested.

Trust me, something we have discussed to death is the idea of an altruistic SS going in and changing the Institute, and it's something I was excited about when I first played because an altruistic Institute is actually the best possible ending imo, but you guys convinced me it is unlikely, so why are we now having the reverse discussion?

>when a synth is reset...
Context and consent is key here. Being reset was clearly, ostensibly, used as a threat against a synth floor sweeper. It's removing the thoughts they've had and deleting a part of them. If I discovered aliens exist, and you use the men in black memory eraser on me, you're stopping a person from making the choices they want to make. If a synth wants to learn and be an adult, you shouldn't

cont

>racist
old man lyons and arthur maxson both shit on muties and ghouls

no its pretty great

nvm, I realized I've typed all this before and in a week someone will say the same things in a circle.

Goodnight anons.

trying to go for that operation anchorage look, winterized classic combat armour and a white vault suit almost got me there, now I just need a white/grey facemask and white/grey gloves

oh and a winter overhaul of course, even if it will highlight how retarded everyone's houses are

Night dweeb, gonna hit you again and again until you're wearing Institute white.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28051/?
cute

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25967
has one of those face masks and the combat armor mod has the goggles from 3

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Sweeper
>institute brooms have nuclear material in them
nani?

I am so conflicted on whether to use defense gun replacer for the pipeshit or not, on the one hand pipe guns are disgusting, on the other hand the defense gun looks too neat and normal for raiders and I don't want to bother with a bashed patch

This is gonna get a lot of flak for daring to imply FNV isn't 100% completely in-line with the classic games, or that FO3 might actually be on-point regarding things. Although I think the BoS depiction in FNV was spot on, and the concept of the cold war between NCR and BoS makes sense for the time and the region, as even in FO2 the BoS were becoming more politically irrelevant in that region.
To be fair that wasn't BoS policy, just some powertripping door guard fucking with wasters. Dialogue with General Maxson makes Owyn Lyons look like a hard-ass isolationist.
Why the fuck would the BoS give two shits about Nick? He isn't an FEV creation. Gen3 synths are an obvious existential threat to humanity, and the fact they are FEV creatures means the Brotherhood of Steel would give them extra attention. But interest in Nick wouldn't be high priority beyond maybe scientific curiosity (some scribe or knight wanting to take him apart and see what makes him tick).
I oddly get Eva Green vibes from this image.

yeah boi
here's hoping that plasma defender mod comes out

where is that armor from?

I was reading some shitposts on /v/ today and I just realised fo4 doesn't have a tongue poses mod, unlike skyrim

I suppose you could just port over something like htongues from tes?

>port
meshes maybe
not animations

Looks like someones got a crush on Elinora

please dont tell me you made that face in character creation yourself.

She looks like one of the ugly girls who got bullied at school

>come across warwick homestead
>learn that the family's father used to be a piece of garbage until around they got raided
>think he was just put into a awful situation and learned to be a better person for his family
>"NAH HE SYNTH XD WE REPLACED HIM TO MAKE A SLIGHTLY BIGGER GOURD :) ALSO WE'RE GONNA KILL THIS ENTIRE FAMILY ONCE WE'RE DONE DON'T WORRY THOUGH WE GOOD GUYS HUMANTITTY REDEFIND XP"

Salvaged Courier Armor for Type6M, by Neverclock. I replaced a platinum chip necklace with the bandana to make it a bit more generic.

Heh.

how absolutely fucking useless

Ur an ugly girl that got bullied at school

Fucken kek

that's not a rock or something else, that's his ass exploding out his, well, ass, in addition to the pink textures.
No idea how to remove that outfit from the mod entirely.

fix her lower jowls, her saggy jowls makes her look like a CGIed grandma

Reminder that with the Institute literally anything can be lore-friendly.

What? Why? Can you fast travel to it as soon as you pick the magazine up? If that's the case it could save travel time if it's found really early in the game I guess.

No ahegao for you, RIP

someone fucked up somewhere along the line with the rigging
fixing the pink texture is as easy as opening it in nifskope and making sure everything has assigned textures and materials

Suddenly I am reminded of Beavis and Butt-Head

Shit's locked away in a .ba2, though.
Eitherway it's ugly, so I just want to remove it from the leveled lists. Rather wouldn't uninstall the entire mod over it.

>Shit's locked away in a .ba2, though
like thats stopped anyone before

stops me because I haven't learned to mess with them yet

i heard we hasing a /institute/ thread here
who else synthing

>Institute
"Hey lets kill a bunch of random ppl and replace them for no reason"
>BoS
"were here to destroy the Institute and fuck up your home while we're at it"
>Railroad
a group that thinks computers and toasters are equally in value to sentient life

The only groups that actually pretends to give a shit is the MinuteMen

Gen 3 synths are organic you dumb bitch

synthetics=/=organic

Oh boy you're not one of hippie nuts who think farm grown fruit is not the same as ORGANIC DUDE GREEN LMAO wild grown fruit

>organic humans have chips in their brains

Hey at least you replied with something constructive

I think it's something to do with the stupid skin presets like textured/smooth etc.

This one's an old ss of her on the smooth setting

Smooth has a better normal map but then it adds some stupid lines

>WARNING: Not compatible with "bad guy" Player Characters; e.g. when allied with Nuka-World Raiders
Ruined.