/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

HO-HO-HOes Edition

>Current Event
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Theres_Golems_in_Those_Hills/

>Patch 4.15
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/fc2b7b7429f139b0bbab2f19620f3c1efcf30368

>Callback Campaign:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/T2WfQk1m

Previous Edition:

>there are actual male players
>in this very game
>roleplaying as female characters

>trying to ERP on Mateus
>everyone is a catgirl
>or a futa lizard
>or a futa Roe

Why are there no Midlander, Highlander, or Elezens like at all?

I had a dream about her feet. It was amazing.

Because futas and homosexuals

You're not looking hard enough.

The man looks sad but his helmet looks shocked by the revelation.

shirogane...
ward 4 plot 38...

Oh no the shy bomber strikes again!

Why is FFXIV filled with women? What makes women think they can join a basement dwelling nerds' game genre?

because you think trannies are women

mist...
ward 8 plot 8...

It's extremely casual which is why you see more actual women in it than WoW.

I play with plenty women who are just as good as their male counterparts.

Bright colors, dress-up, and aesthetics catered towards weeb crowds and people with feminine tastes.

>female Raen tries to dom episode
I laughed their ass all the way back to kugane

Has the final fantasy title which is filled with cute boys. Not to mention it's pretty casual, dressup, good music, etc.

also trannies aren't women, they are just men with poor taste in clothing

>doing some roulettes with my fc
>catboy mentor whm
>lala drk
>the lala single pulls and the catboy doesn't dps at all
Never again.

ehhh, idk... theres a shitton of women who play wow. or at least i've met more in there then i have here. the guild im in atm is prolly like 1/3 women, but that could be some weird exception. in the past when i played more actively there were tons too. tera also had a freaky amount of girls playing when i played that...

>endrance crowe

How much gil can you have when you transfer nowadays?

I thought that faggot got banned

>female Raen domming
Yes please.

1mil on your retainer and like 10mil on yourself I think

>doing roulettes and the mancat tank is really cool and good at this game

>posting on xivg
>the sissy manqote won't let me touch his butt
When will this stop?

Should I transfer to Cactuar if I want friends

I haven't stopped wanting this

Cactuar is pretty active. I'll be you're friend!

talking from static raid over VC experience
probably the actual reason
might you be a woman?
I'd say 95% of weebs are male
refer to what i said to I'd also argue casualification is never good for a genre's fanbase but good for sales.

No.

>that chart
I've never seen something more sad. You do know that there are women who don't give a rats ass about men and do things because you know, they enjoy them? Not because they want "attention from dudes"? Women who do pick up hobbies for male attention aren't women, they're insecure little girls.

then you should be blaming the game's developers and not the gender playing it

Christmas is a time for meowboy appreciation

ERP or just in general? It seems like there's lots of Highlanders and Midlanders posting in here, not a ton of giraffes but they exist. I'm not on Mateus (or an ERPer) though so maybe they just post a lot.

Looks like it's 10 million on your character and 5 million per retainer.

Have you tried just walking up and taking it

Because all the good taste is on Balmung.

Don't steal a butt they need that for multiple things.

Are you ok with lalas

Where are you now?

Then why are they picking up a genre that is filled with grinding and figuring out the best for your selected class but are so fucking bad at it? Where's the fun in being bad in a game about being the best? Not in a DPS matter, about being the best team player. The amount of women that missed heals, did mechanics wrong due to positionals, and had such a bad boss positioning is worrying.
It's not my fault the entire gender is retarded at a game they play

gilg

>be some normie fag, decide to get into this shit a month before 4.1
>join bryn, random fc invite at lvl 7, cool. accept for buffs
>think this game is gonna be dead as fuck in terms of player interaction like WoW
>get on with FC mates to raid
>get to 70, begin hunting and raiding with fc
>turns out they're pretty cool people
>make friends from hunting
>feels lonely, time to venture out onto pf
>8/10 discord parties are filled with chill as fuck people
>always add the players with good attitudes and decent skill
>I have never had anyone refuse to add me in game and on discord, unless it was a bad party and quick disband/disconnect from discord
>randomly promoted to leader of 3 hunting link shells even though I do nothing but call shit out and emote people, i don't spawn shit
>always invite the pf people to my discord
>discord suddenly turns into a fucking meet up spot for savage/extreme trial recruitment
>discord constantly popping off
>don't even know who half of these people are
>dozens of active people on friends list that actually /r tell me back
>cross world friends with clears actually join my pf's repeatedly without me even requesting
>always give advice when I ask em
>mfw this is the first time I've actually been impressed with an MMO's community since vanilla WoW

I've been lurking a long time and I sometimes see people complaining about being friendless for months, or not being able to to make friends.

Literally how in this game?

also
>find out my server doesn't have a raiding linkshell
>create one today
>create one, got a dozen people in so far, representing a few different FC's

I'm trying to cater towards both hardcore raiders, offer a place where they can seek subs for their static, discuss class and fight optimization etc etc, as well as inviting in determined new raiders that want to learn the fights because I want to up the skill level of my server in general.

How fast will this linkshell go to shit?

Also why is the friend list cap 200.

you just sound like a bitter beta

Come to cactuar! Plenty of Lala's here.

you would like r9k buddy

I am a popoto

stop slutting or im divorcing you

hello future wife

*exists*

fuck you thats my wife

It's easy to make friends in game, not as easy to make friends with people from xivg. I personally don't like befriending people from here because they've all turned out to be terrible save for a small number of normal people who aren't surrounded by drama. usually people here are friendless because they want people to come to them, are autists with no self awareness, are friend collectors, etc

*glows*

hypothetical question: if we had a house and I wanted to change it to a paissa house what would you do?
*pet*

>not 3.2 yet
dam

3.2 has been out for a long ass time now

I want my Stormblood big fishing already.

oh fuck werong expansion
having some flashbacks to the 3.1 downtime sorry
same
please no more spearfishing though fuck that

Since we're talking about an MMORPG any "insult" about the person not having a life is not valid here. If you use an insult that way you're in the wrong place and you need to get out. and I'm bitter about the casulification of a genre that was only appealing to those basement dwellers. We could make friends with other basement dwellers have a life we actually enjoyed in game. It was just friends enjoying raiding together but ever since the genre became more and more casualified the appeal went off. Normies would be not abiding by the rules, so the devs cut the punishments by a lot. See mentor roulette in FFXIV for example. said "mentor"s are just leaving the duty they get into. They don't care about actually mentoring. See the recent changes to the veteran rewards. Instead of having good minions and glamour to show off your loyalty to the game you now get only 4 sets of clothes from old games. It used to take 360 days to get the wind-up odin, which I thought about buying a year sub just to get, but they just changed it to this achievement system and it's just anyone who finished the MSQ can get any of those items.
MMORPGs are a robot's game. It was never for normalfags and it should never be.

There'll be big fish for spearfishing, but at the very least there won't be anything like having to use fish eyes to catch a rare fish multiple times to get access to the big fish like you do with normal fishing.

You have 30 seconds to fix POTD and make it interesting and engaging.

i'd rather do that than spearfish honestly, i hATE clicky clicky gathering shit

Condense 10 floors down to two floors, extend the size of the floors from 3-6 rooms to 30-50

Make it actually a fucking labyrinth.

- More interesting room conditions/"affixes", if you will
- Scaling difficulty
- Randomized loot/equipment that's actually usable outside of PoTD besides weapon skins
- Add a time trial to it for better loot/rewards
MAKE DUNGEONS RELEVANT YOSHIP YOU FUCKING LAZY SLANT REEEEEEEE

Roguelike, checkpoint camps where you can spend upgrade/skill points gotten in the past room, can get any ability in the game from any class/job up to a max of X abilities.

ok maybe

oh ok i pet you before maybe
probably

I have 9 or so big fish from HW left and the sheer combination of tiny time windows plus rare weather combinations plus fish eyes plus "catch these first" makes me want to suplex a tornado shark into an orphanage.

That's pretty much been my experience on Excalibur. I got right in with an active FC, have a pretty decent-sized friends list, and I'm in one static full of slowpoke casuals and sub in for another group sometimes. I don't get how people can be super-alone in this game. Granted, I'm not trying to bang anyone, which probably helps avoid drama.

Instead, I save my drama for people arguing about roles in Savage. mfw I get punted over to healer because no one else has SCH leveled, after spending weeks getting my SMN up to near-BiS.

Boss rush, more poms with effects that aren't "get more chests to get poms that let you get more chests", battlehall style server bullshit where you can see other people from your data center and pvp them

I'd still rather chill and do that than have to spearfish. I really, really, really dislike spearfishing.

Well the major problem is it's not very chill once you get to those ones. They are very unchill ones. Especially Opabinia. Opabinia is satan's fish.

I just don't want to spearfish user, okay? jeez
goodnight and have fun spearfishing

Fat cats are too adorable.

A fat is pretty cool and all, but know what's better?
TWO

Sorry but those 9 fish have given me ptsd

Really long day at work. Just glad to be home with the day off. I'm just about to do the "Lady of the Vortex' quest. Wish me luck!

lol. the playerbase became that because the game has nothing to do at endgame anymore. the people who develop this mmo do not give a shit and appealing to the basement dwelling autists doesn't make them money. you know what makes them money? normies with jobs that buy cash shop shit. do you really think 'your people' have jobs they can throw 20 or 30 dollars at something every time something comes out? fuck i see some of you complaining you can't even afford your sub.

while i agree the general playerbase sucks and i miss the "good ol days" of WoW, this is the way it is and unless you have some higher power to change things it aint changin. so buckle up kid.

paissers are the cutest pets in the game

I want more then two though.

fatcatfest 2018 WHEN?

i'm not actually sure why it's so hard for me to make friends with people on this game, it might be my backwater server or it could just be how painfully awkward i am

i've been playing for awhile and it just seems like I can't really fit into any groups other than the one I'm in and they barely play anymore, so that kinda sucks

tfw shit luck and meet shitty people

I want somebody to love

I agree....

Same

I wish I didn't love someone. It just hurts.

You're a good person user. We love you.

>those graphics

>normie
>friendlist whore
go figure

lmao if people thought I was a good person they wouldn't be shitposting me and leaking my logs.

What happened

Same

Fat cat's adorableness transcends graphics!

What happened?

I let myself make some really stupid mistakes and I can't get away from them.

there haven't been any chatlogs posted other than some discord names in a pastebin

Logs are posted all the time. Just because it's not happening right now doesn't mean it didn't happen.

o, you just made it sound like it happened today is all so apologies user. if it means anything people here generally don't care. i mean hell people still defend that beepy guy even after all his public stuff so i mean

Remember to headpat your eb