/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #180

Uh well your adopted edition

Last Thread: NEW PLAYER? READ THIS BEFORE ASKING YOUR STUPID ASS QUESTION IN THE THREAD.
pastebin.com/87GTAd4N

Latest News
>The Yami Marik event is live now till the 19th.
>Bonz will be unlockable mid December
>Yami Bakura will be added permanently to the gate mid December
>A new duelist chronicle event will start late December. Arkana will be available to unlock
>Zane will be roaming Duel World early January
>expect a PvP Tag Duel event late January
>Syrus, DINO DNA, Sartorius, Yubel, regular Marik and Solomon are all in recent files and will appear someday.

Useful (Duel) Links
>Sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc. (Partially outdated but it's the best we've got.)
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

Android emulators (or just use the Steam version)
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for new players
>You can change the resolution of the Steam version with DuelLinksConfiguration.exe in the game folder
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>When sending Vagabonds, always choose the 1 card challenge because it gives the most XP.
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems.
>Level up Mai, Keith, Alexis and Odion first to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua, Metalmorph, Spell Shield Type 8 and Curse of Anubis respectively.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7WvNunaUt7M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

047-061-494

>your

I knew these early threads were made by a retard.

whats you're problem?

Sent, DD.

added you

048-855-973

Sent too.

Won't be adding any more. Hopefully 5 people is legitimate. Just feeling a bit jipped getting about a quarter of Vagabonds in return while I could have been sharing them with someone who gives a shit.

mind letting me know which you are? i got multiple requests at the same time
you'll definitely be high priority though

Drop -- And don't worry, I'm not tracking it with a spreadsheet or whatever. But it gets pretty obvious quickly, over 2 weeks of getting fuck-all while giving them (even multiple) each day and they're online frequently every day.

>if I keep posting it maybe people won't realize how shit at the game I am

They really need to add a date under a friends name for when they last sent you a vagabond

>tfw friend sends you three vagabonds but none of the ones you encounter want to go beat up one of your friends

I'm so sorry digitaldummy

>post my ID
>already get a Vagabond from someone here
Feels good man, sent it out to another guy from here after it memed me.

I decided to try my labyrinth builder farm deck with Marik anyway and it's worked twice in a row. I noticed some weird shit
>once he summons Des Gardius he will not summon other monsters
I watched him discard his Bowganian from his hand despite having two open slots on his field.
>will not activate any facedowns so long as you never summon anything

When I do some more farms tomorrow I'll report back and confirm consistency. His lack of summoning monsters stops you from summoning Megacyber, so you will need x3 UA to hit the 9999 threshold. If you only have 2, it's still a consistent 6k or so method

>marik uses nightmare wheel on monster
>w/e I'll just summon another next turn
>mask of the accursed
>ah fuck
>he uses it on the nightmare wheel monster
>wut
>he uses a 2nd mask of accursed on the same monster
so this is the power of lv 40 ai..

skill farming duelist lvs don't matter right? Or should I do it along side lv 40 farming?

guess I missed the cross-thread post

145-184-142

i assume you have acidic downpour/luster shield?

xDd how epic! 51 packs left

Serves you right you no strategy back row shitter. >Let me pin your back row with sergeant electro while I hide behind pulse mines, mirror wall, and wall of disruption. Fuck off.

but disabling backrow is a strategy

Hurr just play phoenix you pussy.

Charge into my traps like a real man, pussy!

>turn 1 three star demotion
nice deck idiot

Konami will fear the samurai

they should fear the heroes too

How bout this.
Samurai Heroes

always aim for lvl 40s, no matter what you're trying to get

>Uh well your adopted
>your

Do you even have a firm grasp on the english language?

Retards making these early threads man

So I just got to chapter 13 and have missions to unlock pegasus and paradox brothers, I dont think I plan to unlock them anytime soon though since I am still new player but if I go to next chapter will their character unlock missions still stay there?

I dont really want to do ranked yet and not sure if I can do some of the other requirements reliably

just wondering if these missions will stay if I go to next stage instead

They just clog up your mission screen until you get around to doing them.

they stay there forever

sweet thanks

alt costumes when

Once they've scraped the bottom of the barrel of DM characters and need to put something new to keep players that only care about the original series around.

at that point wouldn't DMfags scared away by synchro, pendulum and stuff anyway?

It wouldn't surprise me if Konami offers a NO SYNCHRO/NO XYZ format.

But GX can get costumes too.

So basically Dueling book?

>nothing but tryhard chinks playing CA

When do these faggots sleep?

>japanese neets
>sleeping

>literally every single deck that becomes meta gets baby bitching from dlg

So nobody is allowed to be good except you, got it

Clearly they weren't trying hard enough.

That's right.

I'm playing Dinos it counters CA

Post deck pls

yo, is it worth building a winged beast deck with the shit I pulled while trying to get Skull?

Why did you want to get Skull anyway? It's not that good.

attached emotionally due to estranged childhood
now to try for two more

There is anything worthy in the new mini-box? I was thinking about getting some BLS boosters because Double Summon will be useful for Ra decks.

So when I am KoG I can just try meme decks out right?
There is no reason to keep tryharding and play meta?

What is a good combo to get massive Battle Damage for missions?
I just realized Union Attack doesn't work.

piranha+riryoku+martyr

Thanks

You guys gonna watch MCS4 tomorrow? I'm competing with 25-card ninja and a real spicy second deck.

Lieral?

The one and only, ayup. Sorry I didn't appear in the last DLPT, went out somewhere with the family.

Lieral, I watched you at ninja king of the hill, you were insane man hahaha, I hope you take 1st place tommorow

I hope you get a chance to show of some funny techs.
As long as you stay /ourguy/ I will root for you.

Wait, wasn't the AI originally programmed to NOT use Nightmare Wheel on a Union-Boosted Vassal?

Why do you think every deck list runs Anti-Mene Arrows? You did this to yourself.

retard

Nice prismatic alchemy, can I look at it for a second?

What counter you'll use against burn?

Either I don't trigger 3SD or the second deck will handle it.

Spyral in Duel Link when?

did they give anything for christmas last year?

It would be nice to have the chars in the different outfits they appeared in. Yugi and the gang using their battle city clothes would be a nice change, and things like Ishizu without her hood would be a nice change too.

the things I'd do for an alt Anzu costume

>need to win 3 pvp matches for pegasus

fuck I can't do it, pvp makes me nervous

Who should present this show from GX?
youtu.be/7WvNunaUt7M

>at that point wouldn't DMfags scared away by synchro, pendulum and stuff anyway?

You'd by surprised at how many DM fags would openly accept new card types just because they want new stuff, not caring about how it would affect balance. There are even DL youtubers saying they'd gladly take them to make things 'less boring'

The Yu-Gi-Oh community is as self-destructive as Konami, except Konami gains in profits for fucking up

just b urself, and if you use a joey structure deck you're also certainly going to win 3

I got serg with 10 packs left shut the fuck up

there's nothing wrong with the other summoning types. powercreep is the natural progression of the game, and how duel links has been run as well. it's impossible to keep the card game going if you can't add support and can only add sidegrades. it becomes stale and you run out of options of potential effects to add.

What is the best dragon deck right now?

Other than red eyes..

Dmfags don't accept anything beyond GX and don't even know the basic rules. they complain about broken shit. but don't realize that the skill system of DL is just straight up 5Ds and zexal era vanilla card effects.
3SD is just straight up the archtype SS effect from high level decks that enables the players to tune the levels or just swarm the field with heavy hitters like Malefic, Six Samurai, TG Engine, Synchron Engine, Plant Synchro Engine, Mega Monarchs, Qli, Trains and Galaxy Eyes, Modern Blue Eyes and many other decks

Pendulum summoning can stay the fuck right off for all I care.

Trap Jammer's been working for me.

I hope they fucking add Arkana LVL40 soon

the red eyes decks aren't dragons, they're zombies
horus, but horus is trash. dragons are trash right now.

>there's nothing wrong with the other summoning types. powercreep is the natural progression of the game, and how duel links has been run as well. it's impossible to keep the card game going if you can't add support and can only add sidegrades. it becomes stale and you run out of options of potential effects to add.

You can EASILY add tons of support without adding in the problem children that even Konami admits fucked the game up. People will still have way more options and the ability to swarm, just not able to lock down entire fields with XYZ and Syncro summons when they're done. Cyber Angels aren't even XYZ/Synchros but they're the perfect examples of cards that shouldn't have been added (or at least not until waaaaaaaay later) because of much they shaped the meta within an entire week. Konami is now forced to add more bullshit cards/decks like the new ninja support that makes it just as bad as CA just to give players the ability to combat it, even them pushing all these extremely powerful backrow cards were a result of needing more things to deal with CA. But I guess these sort of things people like you will never understand, since you immediately saw holding XYZ and Synchros off was going to stagger some cards by making them 'sidegrades'. Let's say they had to add XYZs for some reason, leave it to just the simple cards like Utopia and that's it.

Which Duel Links character has the best duel quotes?

I just spam "WAAAHHHHHH" with Weevil

Still the best 1973

You can make a card game fun and fresh without power creep. There is one example of a famous of a card game that has actually decreased in power as time went and still stays fresh and engaging.

A healthy game doesn't need power creep and as much as I love Yugioh... It's kind of a broken mess of a card game.
Duel Links is just as much an attempt to fix Yugioh as Link monsters are. I'd rather the game stay balanced, add new generic support cards or new archetypes. New summon types, like Synchro and XYZ, would power creep the hell out of Fusions and Rituals.

You should have stayed in the kiddie pool!

I see the fury of the ocean gives you pause

>Synchro and XYZ, would power creep the hell out of Fusions and Rituals.
what? Synchro and xyz actually help fusion and ritual decks.

>Dmfags don't accept anything beyond GX and don't even know the basic rules. they complain about broken shit.
That's a huge and unfair generalization to use, and don't even pretend it's not the same case in the real game. Trash players abused shit that banned Wind-Up Inzektor deck but got shit on the moment its cheese got nerfed. The current meta in that game is just net deck the most autopilot meta deck out their and cheese swarm, not too different from DN's current meta, except with less swarm.

>they complain about broken shit. but don't realize that the skill system of DL is just straight up 5Ds and zexal era vanilla card effects.
Some of them are really trash, some of them are average, and some of them are Three-Star Demotion that makes entire decks, also putting them in the meta. Skills like Three-Star Demotion immediately remove the brick possibility of bad draws turn one for a lot of decks, especially the busted Ninja one sitting near CA's level currently. Three-Star Demotion + it's Black Dragon Ninja respawn ability + the ninja respawning backrow support makes it extremely safe to play and bullshit to play against. Ninjas might not even be so bad if it wasn't for that skill forcing them to deal with the risk of a bad RNG if they didn't build their deck to not be so risky to it. Stills like these force Konami to balance cards (banlist) and decks (support) around their existence and can really stagger the game if something (ninjas) slips through before they realize its problem.

Is there a limit to the amount of maps you can have?

no

999 + however many you can fit up your ass

if its anything like the previous events, then 999 is the limit

The fact that you actually try to justify 3SD... Then again, there are people who tried to defend broken cards in the real game right before they get banned or limited hard, so you can't really expect unbiased from speed shitters or fags who like running said cards. Shit like "Y-You can easily counter my cyber angels!"

>what? Synchro and xyz actually help fusion and ritual decks.

Not him but doesn't this not address the issue that it power creeps things too much? The very first generation of Synchros and XYZ monsters were gladly accepted because they sped the game up without giving people easily access to powerful effects that they didn't have to draw, then game the later Synchros and XYZ games that made games and decks with their power. If you had to at least draw the top tier Synchro and XYZ monsters it wouldn't be so bad but players have them on demand from their extra deck. You should have to work for those kinds of cards a little, not complete a loop on top of a loop to easily contact fusion a field changing card from the extra deck with no real requirements to summon it. Again, Synchros and XYZs weren't the issue, it's how Konami kept power creeping them that made them cancer. A lot of people don't want ANY of those cards out of fear that it'll give Konami the inch to take a mile and add more until it gets bad.

I don't see how Synchros and XYZ would be THAT strong in DL because the extra deck limit is only 5

That's just the UI limit. It still stores more than that.

What did they mean by this?