/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+, can preload on 12/8
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

-MH:Stories available on Android and iPhone in Japan
↳Website: mh-stories.jp/app/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1TCNpBYJpX6
youtube.com/watch?v=NAT9oPi58UY
youtube.com/watch?v=iadt58pIU7o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ONE DAY!

Times for latefags. Preloading has been available in some countries within the last several hours, more should be covered soon.

Remember to change the voice language to Monster Hunter Language, boys! (I don't even know what that sounds like, but fuck human languages)
Also, PS4 is gasping, just in the main menu.

For those who don't own PS4's, I'll do these again to show what shit looks like. I'm sure tomorrow Twitch will be full of your colorful streamers playing and showing everything else.

Menu below the beta. This is where all the "who is playing" goes into, "who is streaming" goes into, "news" and "patch notes" too if those happen.

>Tri still have the best monster icons
What went wrong?

webms now

There really isn't much to show yet. You get to select some options, one additional page if you're on the Pro for selecting 4K/distant detail/framerate modes, and a title screen with most of the options greyed out.

Apparently some people already streaming it. Well, the start up screen anyway.

It's in the pre-title screen setup option.

I meant the
>PS4 is gasping, just in the main menu

this follows on startup, then follows what user posted

Ichinose

Also might as well repost from last thread, the PS4 Pro screen. What actually happens for either of these isn't certain so far.

>4k
>over 30fps
>higher fidelity 1080p

my guesses

after that this follows for me too as a PS4 Pro user. then this of course in the end.

>Prioritize Resolution
>Prioritize Framerate
>Prioritize Graphics
Which one /mhg/?

If framerate uncaps it from 30, probably that. Otherwise graphics.

This is the start up screen. I also decided to record the music that plays.

Here you go: vocaroo.com/i/s1TCNpBYJpX6

It's very comfy.

I'll probably end up selecting framerate unless it's barely noticeable from the graphics option.

Yeah I guess it really depends on the impact too even if it does uncap it. Because let's say for example the difference is

I cant wait to use analog attacking again

Fuck the music

>posting beta start up screens
The shills are at full force today.

>everyone who is hyped for a game is a shill

>Waaah where's MY beta?!

You need PS+ just to download the beta? So you can't play it on a different account at all?

With action games you always go with framerate.

correct

>adults being hyped for a beta
Talk about being a bunch of soyboys. Wew lad!

I COMMAND YOU TO NOT LIKE WHATEVER I DON'T LIKE

If at least you got beta access regardless of PS+ if you preordered, what the fuck

Is there a countdown for the demo? Googling at the time, isn't there like another 28hrs before its playable.

Not sure if that's a normal amount of fan. I really don't use PS4 at all except for Guilty Gear and it doesn't huff like that.
Go here for it because audio is only allowed on /wsg/ and /gif/

Yes, 28 hours.

Oh, well, I don't know how to link to specific posts in other boards, but it's in /wsg/ under "MHW webms".

wyverian/monster hunter language is japanese translated into french, each syllable spelled backward, then translated back into japanese phonemes and voice acted

it's the language people grunt/greet you in (with a few exceptions, like SEEEE YAAAAAA), the language miss cat sings in and the language the diva sings in (the diva is the one singing in a few monster themes as well, like ceadeus). Not sure about Fatalis and Dire Miralis themes, it's hard to make out words and those might be actual jap or even latin given the monsters have latin names in Japanese (and English) versions of the games.

that hits the spot

When in doubt just copypaste the url, Veeky Forums automatically reformats it.

>no free dauntless beta code
wtf are they doing? are they trying to kill their shitty game off more then it is?

youtube.com/watch?v=NAT9oPi58UY

They were giving out a ton of free codes like a month ago, which did nothing since the game is still a ghost town.

Will someone kindly post when burgerland actually has the beta download link up

I almost wish I had maintained enough of a forum presence to get beta access to shit on the game but alas

It's been up for like 30 minutes.

Beta confirmed to give rewards for the main game if you complete the quests.

is there any way to snag one? fucking paying for that shit game but im curious enough to play it if its free

Oh never mind so you can start the game if you don't have PS+ if you downloaded it from an account that does have it. Hopefully you can log into the game on that off account, too.

Find a streamer giving away keys. That's what I did. Dude was giving away like 10 of them and only had 4 or 5 viewers. I wouldn't put much more effort any getting one though, the game is incredibly mediocre.

its habsenings!

Smelly, dumb
Newfag scum

There's something odd about this Gunner.

I feel bad for Dauntless devs. Must have been so crushing to see that MHW announcement.

Gasping? What? What does that mean?

Sounds like it's working really hard. Usually indicated by fan speed.

That fake enthusiasm is so cringy

>go to bed because I can't preload the beta
>wake up
>I still can't preload the beta
is capcom on fire or something? did I miss some important news? what the fuck?

Post lewd huntresses (male).

Oh let me check. I only got the PS4 Pro a week ago so I don't have a control test.

>close demo
>restart
>no fan noise
>get to main screen
>no fan noise
>20 seconds main screen
>fan speeds up
>40 seconds main screen
>fan seems to be in full speed
>1 minute 20 seconds
>fan still at full speed
>2 minutes
>fan relaxes back to normal

Yup, it's using the fan. It is audible for sure in the beginning. If I recall right betas are designed to stress test machines and net code. Right now though while typing this and observing the fan noise goes down. It does however huff and puff after the initial boot up.

It's rolling out as normal. It's now 3 pm where I am living in (EU) and the beta was downloable. I don't know what time it is in the majority of US but expect to be able to download the beta by the time you get home from work.

>tfw stuck at 50%

>in the majority of US
5 am west coast, 7 am central, 8 am east coast. So what, like 5-6 more hours?

>ps4s blowing up just trying to play a beta screen
LMAO. Even Nintendo consoles could run monhun without a struggle. Pathetic.

friendly reminder to not reply to weak and obvious bait

Do you think the PC version will struggle with the start screen?

So we get all 3 quests from the start? Its not gonna change daily right.
Unfortunately I only got Sunday to enjoy this.

Are we being invade by /v/?

Correct. Plus the training area.

pc version will struggle with getting released before 2021 haha

Depends on your machine.

>uses the same vocabulary

apparently yes

>So we get all 3 quests from the start?
Yeah, and the training area.

We have been for weeks now.

>weeks
more like months

should i buy a ps4 pro just for it?
already own the normal one

Pretty fucking hype for this DESU, boys.
Hope it's not shit.

Yes of course, they need to downplay the hype!
Quickly, say the PS4 is breaking down!
Shitpost, shitpost, shitpost!

>Even Nintendo consoles could run monhun without a struggle
"lol"

/v/ threads and Veeky Forums generals dedicated to their corresponding games share the usersbase, you dumb shitposter.

>should i buy a ps4 pro just for it?
no
>already own the normal one
absolutely not, then

you're probably gonna see frame drops in the most intense of scenes(4 hunters online against a particle-intense monster) so it's not worth the extra money, especially if you're waiting for the PC version

Me too, bud. Still more than 24 hours left.

That doesn't stop dedicated shit posters from /v/, desperate for the next Tortanic, from cross-boarding into generals to try to get even more attention. Seen it too many times.

>I go on /v/ so everyone else does too
neck yourself desu

>>should i buy a ps4 pro just for it?
>no
Why

>/v/ threads and Veeky Forums generals dedicated to their corresponding games share the usersbase
lol, tell that to ffxivfag

a lot of /v/irgins dont have a long enough attention span for Veeky Forums threads

because if you already own a PS4, there's no reason to drop more money into another console unless you really care about framerate/graphics, or you aren't waiting for the PC version.

Yup, and a new Death Stranding video came out so the PS4 is looking strong. New charts say that the PS4 has sold over 70 million units.

All of this makes a particular console fanbase that shall not be named really upset, because awesome games are coming out left and right and the console is doing well.

They shitpost on /v/, get banned and then they come to specific generals to shit them up. Just bare with me folks, we'll get through this. Tomorrow we'll be playing the beta while these guys will be in full force.

youtube.com/watch?v=iadt58pIU7o

>/v/ shitter

Kill yourself.

>that shall not be named
Why not, I don't think both Xbox owners are in this thread.

>norman reedus mpreg is still getting weirder
gotta say, I'm really curious what kojima is fucking smoking in the offices. hopefully this takes another year or two or come out and ends up being really good.

>Tomorrow we'll be playing the beta
If Capcom and Sony don't get their shit together and roll out these preloads, I'm going to be spending the first 3 hours of the beta downloading it.

Do you think I'll be able to make a palico this cute in World?

Don't try to fuck your cat user.

Would 2mbps be enough to play online on PS4?
In this 3rdworld shithole the fucking ISP kikes have a monopoly in different parts of the city.

Yeah, poor fucks. No one expected more than a XX port.

probably not since cats have been fucked visually by the transition to semi-realistic grafix while keeping the big eyes and cartoon proportions that cats have always had.

download? upload?
>3rd world isp kikes
probably would have a better time staying solo bud

I would never without her consent.

Yiff in /trash/ furfag.

Someone here who bought a PS4 Pro while owning a normal PS4. I got mine relatively cheap and if I was to sell my normal one I might even cut even.

I bought the Pro just for World. That's it. I didn't sell my old one, because it is a backup. I consider the Pro upgrade to be a cheap investment for a better experience. On PC if you want to upgrade from 40 FPS to 60 FPS you usually have to chip out for a new motherboard, new graphics card, new CPU and possibly a new SSD from time to time. All of these can easily round up to 600 to 800, even 1000 if you go the enthusiast route.

I did a cautious buy for less than 200. I watched numerous videos and comparisons between the Pro and the Normal versions. The FPS increases on older games are dramatic, over 20 FPS and better textures. Some demanding games however barely gain 5 to 10 FPS increases. Some just gain FPS stability, so instead of dropping below 30 all the time, near 20 in some demanding titles, the Pro keeps those games at a solid 30 without any drops, giving a smoother experience.

If this is something to go on, it means that MHW will be no different.

HOWEVER!!! Something I did NOT expect was the MHW developers actually adding in 3 presets. This is amazing. It lets people choose from high FPS to higher resolution to higher graphics. This means a player like me who prefers FPS over graphics and resolution will have a better experience. I don't know if the normal PS4 version gets these and I'm too lazy to pick the console out of the closet to download the beta to see, but if it doesn't this is clear evidence to suggest that the PS4 Pro does indeed have an option to run near 60 FPS experience, albeit at a reduced resolution and graphical quality. Both of those are secondary to me.

All in all, I'm satisfied. Don't go buying a Pro for full price is my suggestion.

I would be more worried about ping to be honest. That said, hopefully you've already started downloading the game.