/wtg/ - War Thunder General

B-47 Stratojet edition

I also updated most links to HTTPS and replaced the dead joystick comparison, so don't fuck it up in the next OP

Previously, on /wtg/: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>A discord you can use
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/161710468074
forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/377694-when-gaijin-stop-the-is-6-spam-at-67/&
youtube.com/watch?v=7fglspVH_2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>39 posts too early

also balanced gains

mmmmmmmmmmmm, fresh bread

>ebay.com/itm/161710468074
fugg, someone make that https in the next bread

>3 posters
hmmm

literally king tiger + is-3 + french style turret + truck tires

>Overclimb on berlin and chase the AI il2s flying around
>End up with more points than the guy who shot down 4 enemy fighters
>Get more rp for that one game of fuckery than for the last 5 tank matches combined
It's all so tiresome

it's like... none of those. the pike is weak, it's a 100mm vs a 105mm (admittedly not a huge difference), and it is still very clearly on tracks. what a surprise a french tank uses an oscillating turret

what the fuck

>the german 105 from ww2 has more pen
so the best treat here is the auto-loader?

spooky

why are those tires so thicc? it looks like they'd constantly brush against eachothers

>>End up with more points than the guy who shot down 4 enemy fighters
those points literally mean shit

meant to say they'd brush against return rollers

not for gaijins dumb events

Unless the tank's sheer weight prevents it, rubber is used for better stability and comfort.

stop fucking bullying tigers
stop

It's their fault for getting uptiered against my stabilised, armour piercing discarded sabot slinging 20 pounder that is if the atgms don't get him first

Tigers had their day

the time of the 88 is over

the time of the 20 pounder has come

>tfw you started playing bore blunder when tiger 2 H was almost undestructable
>tfw those days where you could just rush to the point frontally and nobody could even scratch you

im glad i got to experience this while it lasted but im sad new german players will only know pain and suffering of either constnat up tier or fighting against post war tanks.

>tfw your p-51h was set alight by some fucking stirling

I'm about to switch my lineup to 6.7 within a week, I'm not in for fun, am I?

>stabilizers get implemented
>zero br changes
really makes you think

>started playing late 2015
>began with russia
>had fun until tier 4, got my t44 and IS2 raped by Tiger IIs
>like an autist begin grinding out the german tree as hard as I can, have a romp with the Tiger I before the 20pdr apocalypse
>get Tiger II(H)
>proceed to be niggered by apds everywhere I go
>gunner unconscious
>gunner unconscious
>gunner unconscious
>gunner unconscious
>then come the atgms and is6s
>finally give into the gayjew and goy out on the strv81
>now I dare not venture above tier III for fear of post-war bullshit

>is-6
>centurions
>t34/29s
no, it's not

We all knew it would happen to. Whenever anyone brought up Brit or US trees, we figured the cold war vehicles would shit all over the late war Germans

hence
>should have won war))))

Tier III is the only fun you'll have with the tanks in this game, genuine ww2 stuff. It isn't as memey as tiers I and II and isn't as suicide inducing as tiers IV+

I don't know what's worse tbqh, american heavies are real douchebags, and the brits are just assholes with their APDS

IS-6 is somewhat decent to fight when I'm behind and it's disabled

I just found love with 5.7, both slav and kraut. Will always keep a preset for them whenever high-tier fucks with me.

Don't forget only Germ shit having "low quality armor" modifier)))))))) russian steel never suffered from shit quality gomrade))) buy golden pidgeons))

But the US don't need cold war vehicles at tier 3. Britain doesn't either but all their tanks are trash.

i thought post war tanks would face german post war tanks and i had no problem with that
only when is-6, centurions and other bullshit faced 1944s designs i was angry

historical accuracy!

should have won war!

APHE bias!

solid plane

the fact that when is-6 was first implemented at 6.7 and people were still playing tanks only shows that gayjin could make a fucking t90 face panzer IV and people would still play tanks. Fuck even niggers like phly daily would make video
>PANZER IV F2 T90 KILLER!

>brits suffer endless until rank IV
>show no mercy to those nuclear APHE lobbing RU+GER team combos

The real problem is player get at each other's throats for the imbalances, then when it swings in their favour they defend it aggressively. This distracts people from the real villain, Gaijin.

I try not to stick my head too high above German 4.7 with the Panzer IV H and brit 5.0 with my trusty cock cruiser. I love that tank to death

people only play becasue they still have memories when tanks weren't clusterfuck of post war and war time deisgns. I still play germans at 6.7 becasue it's still (sometimes) fun, tough i don't like the game same way i used to when i began playing.

>40 kg russian smoke cannsiter has the same stats as a 3kg 75mm smoke round

It was 7.0, user

>should've built better war time deisgns kameraden :)))))))

>reading US report on French AMX-13
>The seat would accommodate less than the 1st percentile U.S. armor crewman when considering hip breadth.

retard, it was fucking 6.7 at first, now it's 7.0
how about not speaking on topics you have no knowledge on you fag?
forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/377694-when-gaijin-stop-the-is-6-spam-at-67/&

The IS-6 was 7.0 and now bumped up to 7.3 you inbred soda can

and how about reading to read retard?
>the fact that when is-6 was first implemented at 6.7
>FIRST IMPLEMENTED

>brits suffer endless until rank IV
but they don't
t. eeb enjoying churchill

It was 7.0 when it hit the live server and when it ws on the dev.

youtube.com/watch?v=7fglspVH_2s
From the dev server, where it says 7.0 very clearly

can somebody fucking tell me how the fuck briths feilded such a fucking outdated design in 1944 when they knew about tigers and panthers?

>field fucking cromwell in 1944
>get raped by german tanks so badly that you have national crisis about your tanks

>go into war expecting trench warfare
>rush through 20 years of tank designs in 4
I wonder why.

germans did the same, yet they managed to produce tanks that were at lest nicely armored and had nice guns. Birts had all the resources in the world yet they thought
>yeah it's good

Tigers accounted for a minuscule percent of all German AFV's lad.

you sound like germans had upper hand. They didn't, they had same starting position as brits but instead of being dumb cunts they relaised tanks were the future
>germans
>soviets
>even americans with m26
all but birts had something nice

>calling other people illiterate when he himself is too autistic to make a quick google search
>get btfo and stops posting

doctrine, bongs and burgers had this idea in mind that tank should be used against infantry and as infantry support tank, not tank vs tank

we're not talking about amounts, we're taking about deisgn.
If brits fileded 10000000000 Mark Is they also coulde've won WWII by simply making germans run out of ammo

>we're taking about deisgn.
Because it was magnitudes more expensive?

But the US realized their mistake. The brits just kept making shitty tanks.

so broke, with out oil, shortage of minerals germans could've design something that could take a hit and give it too but brits will all the resources in the world especially in 1944 couldn't?

>hey we should make this armor plate thicker, germans make some powerful guns
>oh and also make it sloped
>nah it's good, field it

The point is that king tigers, elefants, mice, jets and all the fucking wunderwaffe merely hastened german defeat, exactly for this reason.

>literally capture Tiger
>the most advnaced tank at the time
>it's 1000000000 times better than anything you have
>instead of reverse engineering only copy a 90 degree armor

So you're saying that if the british made a bunch of retarded designs on the same scale as the germans they would have lost harder than they already did?

No, that's false equivalence.

those deisgns made their lose a bit lighter.
imagine being a german tanker
>your tank is shit
>enemy tanks can easily pen you
>there are 10x times more enemy tanks than your tanks

but with those designs they at lest knew that they could survive confrontatin while allied tankers knew that if tiger or panther spotted them they were fucked

Yeah but if you look at say Panther's design history, you will learn it wasn't even meant to be this heavily armored, it's Hitlers retarded megalomania that forced changes against the wishes of General Staff.

>oy George we've got the most advanced, armored tank of the war so far with the best gun there is what should we do with it? (it's in fully working condition btw
>oh i dunno, just drive it around, make some numbers and don't take anything from it.

>Anglos are retarded
what else is new

and? in the end the design that was chosen protected the crew. Even bongs themsleves ater the war realised how much they fucked up in WWII and never made a tank that was underarmoed or with shitty gun, hence centurion, cheiftain.

No, they created an MBT design.

>It's an "R2D2s still get airspawn" episode

Is there any better feeling?

>deleted my 4.7 km shot with cent

>Printscreen not working with WT
>It just takes a screenshot of whatever's on my desktop

Just fuck my shit up guys. I destroyed six ground units in the Taran and wanted to screenshot the battle summary(((((((((

user, the screenshot button in WT is set to F12. They get saved in the screenshot folder in the WT directory

Sorry, new player. Thank you))))))))

Oh yeah double check settings for it. I think that's automatically set to "Take screenshot without HUD", either move the keybind to with HUD or change the setting, not sure which one it is. Just use the F12 for Steam anyway, saves a copy without the HUD in the directory too when I do it.

I didn't download it though Steam.

Then just check that it's set to "with HUD".

FUCKING BRITISH TANKS FOR FUCKS SAKES FUCKING REMOVE THAT CANCER FROM THE GAME

t. King Tiger player

>a5 wings snaps off while making a 8g turn

Fuck off teeb nigger I hope your mom gets rape by a pajet.

Have you actually tried playing brit tanks? it's suffering most of the time. Of course it wouldn't be half as bad if APHE wasn't just )))))))))))))))))))))))))

>handles like a whale
>bleeds all speed in a single turn
kys

>the is6 is fair and balanced
>HESH deserved to get nerfed

Is not NERFED, tovarisch, is REBALANCED and made more historically accurate according to this totally not suspicious russian website we "found" a few days before the change was made))))))))))))))))))))

See?))) performs much better and accurate now, don't you agree))))))))))))

two days ago there was this mig-15 which was bullying my team, tried a potshot with my conqueror's hesh and it blew to 10000000 small pieces, felt really good

There existed two different IS-6s: the Object 253 was an attempt to develop a practical electrical transmission system for heavy tanks. Similar systems had been tested previously in France and the United States and had been used with some success in the German Elefant/Ferdinand tank destroyer during World War II. The experimental transmission proved unreliable and was dangerously prone to overheating, and development was discontinued. The alternative Object 252 shared the same hull and turret as the Object 253, but used a different suspension with no return rollers, and a conventional mechanical transmission. The design was deemed to offer no significant advantages over the IS-2, just the reload time was less, and the IS-6 project was halted.
>The design was deemed to offer no significant advantages over the IS-2, just the reload time was less
>The design was deemed to offer no significant advantages over the IS-2, just the reload time was less

>wtf why is nothing above 5.7 fun
Why did it take me so long to learn this meme?

>WEEEEEEEHHHHHH WAAAAAA WAAAAA

The state of Wehraboos

>false flagging

Forumbanned. Sorry, you asked for it (((

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves baby

>mfw i play everything
How can you be triggered that easily

>spit ufo mk3 gets yellowed by AAA
>can't pull out of 250mph dive
I don't understand

is there even a spit mk 3 ingame

its the 2b my mistake

Cry me a river naziboo

I guess since WoT HD looks better than War Thunder now they've just given up on producing decent texture work.

Happebed to all of us
What ammo did they use? Aphe-meme or trash?