/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: >>= NEWS =
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c1ZdMFbkdQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

everyone realized tekken is kusoge and left

Is Jack's flying stomp just a joke move or did it ever actually have a use in previous games?

Yeah, I've been thinking about what makes a character good for a beginner and essentially I think they should be easy to play and easy to play against.
Easy to play so you don't spend time learning the character over the game whether that's execution (electrics, combos) or using the moveset (stances, difficult to determine which moves to use and why/when) or something else. Basically they should be relatively intuitive.
Easy to play against so even players with lacking character knowledge can force you to win with fundies over gimmicks, and so they should reward solid play and punish overuse of situational moves.

It can be used after a floor break to land on the opponent with a hard spike. But no, it's always been a joke.

Playing against Shaheen makes me realize how bad I am at this game

>when shaheen slides under me for the third time in a row

Its hard to really think of a character in Tekken that ticks both of those boxes. I'd probably say that would be Dragunov, Jack, Feng, Claudio and maybe Katrina/Josie. But each of them have their own sets of gimmicks that rookies can gravitate towards, and some are very non-standard in their gameplans.

>Dragunov
Snake edge and a string that leads to it are too tempting.
>Feng
Three snake edges, all unseeable.
>Josie
>>>>>>>>>>Josie

Rest are good beginner characters.

>When I get hit by u/f+4 a million times in a row because I didn't bother to look up it's frame data until last night
At least I now know to just go for a safe i10 punish

I hope S2 brings a new floor break, a new wall break, and a new stage with multiple hazards like Geese's stage.

>season 2 comes out
>3 octagonal stages of which two are lava ones
>one square stage with cameo music from Skrillex
>Tekken Golf
>Polar Bear

There was a season 1?

I hope they add a rectangular stage with two long sides, a big octagon/square and a stage where only a part of the floor is a floor break.

There won't be S2 and Noctis will be the last dlc for the game

>a big octagon/square
You're being sarcastic right

>S2
>With SCVI coming out
Namco will leave Tekken 7 alone after Noctis, that's how they've always treated their games

Season 2 of TWT was announced so DLC will be there as well

Yeah Geese, Noctis, and Bowling were season 1.

I like the idea of the rectangular one and I hope that's what Noctis stage is (though it seems infinite), I think we have enough square/octagonal stages but a big one wouldn't hurt, and certain floor break spots would be cool but only if it's symmetrical or equidistant to the starting position so no one player gets an advantage.

There's an S2 of the TWT so it's reasonable to expect an S2 of dlc.

No, when I say big I mean big. I want a big basic stage.

Kinder Gym

Tekken is currently and historically the most lucrative fighting game franchise and has a way bigger following than SC. They wouldn't drop support for Tekken that quick after selling 2 million units in a year.

Name ONE nice thing Namco has done for Tekken 7

>I hope that's what Noctis stage is
I'm really curious to see what it is. The area looks way too "well defined" for it to be an infinite, but at the same time it doesn't have walls on most sides and even the sides that have walls have gaps.

When I say big I mean fuckhuge.

>When I say big I mean fuckhuge.
Infinite then? What's the point otherwise? Either you or your opponent will be dead long before you reach a wall if it's as big as you want it

Tekken 7

They changed the wall combo system to arguably the best one they've ever had. (no wall bounds and fuft oki)

I wouldn't mind a walled stage where the walls occasionally don't play a role. It's not like they never would, in the current stages people sometimes get pushed to the wall without getting hit once.

On that note I'd like a return of the t4 stage hazards with things like pillars and breakable phone booths.

Considering how scarce new stages are, I wouldn't want them to waste a new one on that mediocre idea ( imo ).

I think we need more unorthodox stages. Here are some of my ideas

>stage that is infinite only on two sides, so it's an endless wide corridor
>stage with endless floorbreaks, though the floors alternate between being infinite and being a square
>stage where the players start on a tiny square where every wall is a balcony, which lead to a bigger square below
>hybrid stage like Strategic Space from Tag 2
>round stage

>endless floorbreaks

i dont ever want to play king on this stage

You can't break the floor more than once in a combo, in case you forgot

im fully aware of that

I'd love to see more remastered and reimagined versions of old stages too.

It doesn't have to have the entire floor as breakable. Maybe just the middle section

3 balcony breaks on one stage
And a stage with two balcony breaks on opposite sides, with both leading to different size and structured floors

Kinder Gym is the same size as arena and a bunch of other stages. Longest basic stage (no breaks or infinites) is Abandoned Temple

Right but Kinder Gym is square instead of octagonal so it has a larger area

No, the area of temple is about 604 units while the area of kinder gym is 576 units. Don't worry, I double checked my math.

What is a "delayed hopkick"?

I was comparing it to the Arena, actually.

uf n 4, almost every character has one that is slow but launches for a damaging combo

uf,n,4
It's a very powerful and punishable hopkick that most of the cast has. You're supposed to use it exclusively to punish staggering lows on block, or other specific punishes.

Oh ok

I appreciated the math regardless

Claudio is so gay lmao

No he's just Italian

Perfect character for you then, eh?

difference from uf 4?

Completely different animation speed and the damage on a delayed hopkick is much higher.

Which character's?

Does more damage

youtube.com/watch?v=c1ZdMFbkdQc
this is what a delayed hopkick looks like.

u/f,n,4 is the same for all characters that have it

uf4 is a generic notation which has different attacks depending on character. Eddy for example has a knockdown mid for uf4

Will they be in SCVI?

If Season 2 has a Soul Calibur guest character, which one would be best and why?

ivy for.. reasons

Judging by what?
My head: Maxie
My heart: Necrid
My dick: Ivy
Most likely: Nightmare

The most sensible would either Maxi since he doesn't have much reach with his weapon.

Tekgen told me SC was dead

It will be Lars with his commander sword
Also isn't Yoshimitsu already in SC?

>that hover hand

Yoshimitsu's SC version has a lot of unique moves. FLE is more like T5's version too.

>Claudio touching a thot let alone a demon thot

Yes but it's his predecessor because Yoshimitsu is a title not a name.

More like
>Claudio being interested in women at all

deadest general on the board?

Yoshi

Everyone is too busy playing game.

jin is great for learning the game i think. and he even has plenty of technical stuff if you get better.

He's probably the best starter Mishima

jin isn't a mishima

Shut UP, netface

Cervantes

What exactly am i supposed to do against Steve?

funny thing is that its true as well

a yoshi that plays more like sc would be awesome

snake edge

Low level Steves? Back dash and launch them.

crouch.

What if Noctis is in both T7 and SCVI? And DBFZ

Whatever the fuck you want. Especially if you play Maven.

Keep him out of range

Noctis doesn't fit SC in pretty much any way imaginable in aesthetics, style, or how he fights

But he does in tekken? Lol?

Zasalamel purely because he could be alive long enough for the events of tekken to take place.

Moreso than in SC, yes.

You are wrong

HAHAHAHAHAAHA
No

He's fully right. Noctis makes as much sense as the other weapon users or guests.

Yoda and Starkiller have been guests in Soul Calibur. Noctis fits more than they do.

Yea summoning ethereal weapons and having no fist combat is pure tekken!

Why is he more out of place in a game in a modern setting with existing anime characters that use flashy magic and weapons than in a game set in the 1500s?

fighting style

Guest character for Soul Calibur 6 will be Gon, screencap this

> He was originally going to be a guest character in Soulcalibur III but was removed for unknown reasons.
Fuck it, why not. He's got a new game rumored so it would work with the marketing

Those guests were awful though, but at least they would fit better than Noctis. Noctis would either be faithful to his combat and would be fucking broken due to his changing weapons and access to different ranges and speeds on the fly which would break SC. If you then made him just use the big sword then that would defeat the purpose of it being Noctis. You then have the fact that Noctis lives in a world that's basically modern day but anime magic technology, the fact that he walks around in Jeans and a casual shirt would look so wrong compared to the rest of the cast who are in the fucking 15th century. At least star wars characters were a man in armor, a bald nobody in robes, and a green gremlin in robes.

I didn't say he's a perfect fit I said he's a better fit than he would be for SC. He fits as much as Lars or most of the T6 cast does, the Ravens, Yoshimitsu, or the other guest characters.

Ultimately there's also the factor that why the fuck would Squenix lend the current face of their company to a smaller game series that died for several years instead of Tekken which is one of the most lucrative and popular fighting games and currently one of the most played arcade games in Japan? There is no world where Noctis would have gotten into SC over Tekken.

UH UH UH UH UH
GET OFF ME LADY
LOOK AT THE DAMAGE GODDAMN
THIS SONG IS SO SICK

DOWN FORWARD 2