/twg/ - Total War General

Stop removing "Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!" you fucking cucks Edition

>Warhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=qLSezK6_N5w
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-development-update (NEW)
tl;dr: December FLC w/ new game mode, Tomb Kings in January, Norsca/RoR in May

>History
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Previous: Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1181665600
youtu.be/WNB534GlulA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for Pontus

Some dude leaked a pic of CA playtesters trying Thrones of Britannia, check it out.

2nd to SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS

I miss love eternal poster

>The last of greenskins have migrated to Lustria, fleeing the unstoppable dwarven doom stacks

R8 my migration, I had to leave the badlandsbowl after the dwarfs ascended to godhood and I could no longer compete.

Reminder that Sulla a shit.

Victoria when?
>R8 my migration, I had to leave the badlandsbowl after the dwarfs ascended to godhood and I could no longer compete.
Not the one true git/10

Victoria Total War never because SJWs.

>colonialism is bad :(

>TWW2 lost to fucking Mario at the VGAs
What now, fantasyfags?

Victoria 2 truly is our only option

>VGA
I thought they ran out of money?

>pic
FUCKING
SKIRTS

Oh right, it's just called "The Game Awards" now.

I also see now that you already talked all about this in the last thread so my shitposting is in vain.

Next time you'll get it right, shitposter-kun!

Reviewers don't even play Total War

You guys bought Empire Divided, right?

>Total war doesn't win 'give me money awards'
Big whoop. It is also a niche game

>VGA
Hell the vidya game award has more merit

Total War is one of the more normie strategy games tho. Not quite to, say, Civs level but somewhere close.

Ganbarimasu

I'm posting until we get our promised regimental gangbang

>'give me money awards'
is that the reason why nintendo wins everything?

>Best elf poster is back in another form

>CA makes a TW Victoria
>can only play as Africans, Indians and Native Americans

any good mods to spice up old world lords and bring them up to par with W2 lords?

I'd be fine with that if they let you modernize and gave it an Attila-esque dark theme.

What's the most /comfy/ tww1/2 faction to play? I have a snowday from work and I wannt be comfy in mortal empires.

Yes, and the first thing I did was play as the Goths and take out metal meme man there

Bretonnia or dwarves. Both are pretty safe and end up being all about sending expeditions out from eden into the awful rest of the world.

There is that one mod that gave the dwarfs tunneling miners, and some other things
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1181665600

I'm not sure how to use cavalry all that well because every time I use it they get chewed up. I guess it's time to settle some grudged.

i think i saw one screenshot in these threads of a skill tree that buffed the shit out of militia, is it this one? do you know which one it was?

I honestly have no idea, user.

What's the highest battle difficulty setting right now? Are there still bugs with it scaling backwards?

no problem, hopefully it rings a bell for someone, but it might be this one, i still have to check

Its not even really your fault, Bretonnians really will just get chewed up late game a lot unless you're running pure end game units.

Yeah, Easy is actually Very Hard apparently.

Even when I play empire or lizards, my reiksguard and cold one riders always get torn up, even when I flank and cycle charge with them. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong with them.

Weird, I get loads of kills with my basic shielded dark riders when playing Dark elves by just cycling charge on engaged enemies.

How exactly are the battle-difficulty bonuses applied? Can you see them from the campaign map at all, or are they only visible in battle?

I think i'm just a brainlet and need to learn how to use them more properly.

Also understandable, Reiksguard have high armor but if you end up charging them into anti-large and/or anti-armor stuff they're going to take major damage unless you already have that enemy unit engaged in melee with something else.

Winning without casualties as Empire generally involves 5-6 units of handgunners, artillery and a light wizard with cavalry as mop up and greatswords as backup, which honestly is pretty close to combat of that era, sans the wizard.

are you sure you are charging the right way? Sometimes cavalry will just run up into the enemy infantry but not actually charge, you'll know they are charging if they point their lances forward and start running faster by themselves.

I don't know, what i usually do is have them circle around, and then double click/force a charge. Most of the time I think they are charging, since they tend to cause some infantry to go flying when they connect/engage.

I think harder difficulties will give among other things give your cities a public order penalty, it was like that in TWW1 and a couple previous TWs IIRC.

No that's campaign difficulty, there's a separate slider for battle difficulty.

DO NOT CEASE

Unless you're playing as Carscasonne where you no choice but to invade Estalia because beastmen and skaven will invade you at any moment, and your wood elf neighbors cannot be trusted.

starting a new campaign on Rome 2 DeI

Any suggestion on what faction to play ? Previous campaign was Seleucid but it was bored af

:(

I feel like by the time you reach turn 100, you're supposed to be fielding nothing but hippogrpyhs and grail knights.

Which is weird because factions like dark elves can survive at game with only dark shards and dread spears/corsairs.

Bing bing wahoo

It's actually a fun game though

>want to buy WH2, 40% off, like this user from shady as fuck website
>too scared to do it
Should I just wait for Christmas sale? They probably won't do 40% on steam but maybe 30% at least?

i'll come fuck your anime

If Peasant Bowmen were AP...

Whats the one tactic that you cant do that really bugs you in these games? For me its the false cavalry charge. You know were you start charging towards the front of the enemy formation and hope they start to waver. If they dont you simply swere to the side and try again later but if they do waver you go through and kill alot of them. To bad formations are rock solid and never do anything without being told sorta. I really wish units had a bit of a mind of their own with hothead cav charging without orders and what not. I get this could be annoying but it could also be easily turned off with an extra option that says like "perfect command"

Dark shards are fucking busted though let's be real
>Shielded and AP ranged

*breathes*

Play Epirus and destroy Rome asap, then play an alternative history where Phyrrus won

Some units will charge without orders though, like the french knights in M2

Fighting or feigned retreats, you can't give ground in TW without getting BTFO and it's pretty annoying.

You really think a history total war would have won instead?

Empire is always great 2bh. I would also think Dwarfs are still comfy.

This is some total bullshit.
War of the Chosen is significantly better than kingdom battle, let alone Warhammer TW2.

bore of the chosen is a snorefest m8

Was this done via voting?
It's not overly shocking that the most casual friendly game won.

>Playing as Yversse/Eltherion
>Tyrion Confeds Ellyrion turn 3
>BTFO Dark Elves and Saphery by turn 15
>Owns 2/3 the island and declares war on me

At least my waifu in Cothique has my back but this campaign I have 2 cities and this fag has 13

Is there no escape from the boreposter?

>Mfw finally done with this years workload
>Bought a new computer from Black friday sales to replace my old potato
>3 weeks of nothing but free time for videogames, movies and friends
Anyone got the Attila roll chart? I can finally play it without my computer shitting itself during battles.

so was kingdom battle

kingdom battle was just WOTC without the metagame and with far more simple combat and far fewer abilities and enemy types.

campaignposters > boreposters > wojackposters > frogposters

post screenshots my dudes

IT IS CIVIL WAR

How do I into wood elves? Everything I have is so soft

Reposting some pics from my ongoing Nordland campaign

I got you famalamabinbong
What specs btw? I have an i7 and a 970 but can't get a decent framerate on Attila on any decent settings

68 KB
68 KB JPG
everyone. i have some bad news... look at this...

youtu.be/WNB534GlulA

guys.... this is bad. 0% chance of TRVE VNDERSTANDERS this year?

that's a 100% chance of BIG ITALIAN PLUMBING coming first... i.. i just can't do this anymore.

i've been a CA supporter since tuesday of this week, when CA killed off fantasycucks.. but this is just.. t.. too much.

i just can't take the risk. i'm s-so sorry, but... this is the end. i wish it wasn't, but... but i just knew it was too good to be.. true. this is the end of the total war campaign.

i used to be a CA supporter, but after this... it looks like i'm gonna have to s... start shillin' for... rabbids.

i'm now r-r-re-ready for.. real.. strategy.....

>somewhere close
Normies know about civ.
They don't know Total war exists.

From my siege of Karak Eight Peaks against the garrison and another stack inside it.
Luckily I brought extra rats.

chosen by a jury.

>68 KB
>68 KB JPG

JUST

I did it lads.... I bought WH2, I'm in the goym club now

its a fun game and the vortex campaign is surprisingly good, mortal empires is not the only option.

You didn't pay full price did you?

Thanks user, rollan!
i7 and 1070 Ti

Rerollan. Don't have the expansion.

Has Total War had a randomly generated campaign map before? Could it work? Do you want one?

Has Total War had a randomly generated campaign map before?
No
Could it work?
All total war engines either make implemented a new map a lot of work, or completely impossible.
Do you want one?
Sure, but I can't imagine it happening. It's against CA/SEGA's interest to release something lie they. They've already clamped down on modders.

>Got Visigoths anyway
It must be a sign

Is 80c too hot for a graphics card? TWW2 is the hottest my card's ever ran.

lame

80c is normal under stress, if it ever goes above 90c ur fucked

no

Are fantasyfags still on suicide watch?

rollin

Like the other bf user, I just built a new computer with a 8700k & 1080 TI and Attila still doesn't have a great framerate. It goes

We're all on suicide watch. Why else would we be on Veeky Forums?

>80C is ok, but at the edge of "I should be worried".
Fuck. I am too much of a poorfag to buy a new card.