ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
youtu.be/y0Kyw7xXFvg

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zBDHFpgkpBw
youtu.be/oKfcE6N75ws
youtube.com/watch?v=XcicOBS9mBU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_aspera_ad_astra
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

« /aceg/, this is AWACS. Penetrate the new thread and get a feel for the surroundings! »

>Flying my F-15E
>Telling myself "don't get in turn fights with Fighters"
>Find myself trying to turn fight Typhoons and F-22s
Am I retarded?

One more threadly reminder to draw your planefu for our collage

Rules:
>plane flies from left to right
>see if you can't make it into a "pose" that fits the current state of the collage
>black and white/lineart only
>fun is allowed

I'll update this one with the recent additions tomorrow or so.

superior plane has arrived

How many people are going to be able to play AC:I later?

Ay Brady, stream that shit.

You're implying he has the rig to handle that

At least you didn't try to turn fight with Flankers.

I don't have a capture card.
Perhaps we can browbeat Thunder into participating, he has one.

There's only 1 AWACS around here >

Oh, sorry, I couldn't see you.

Post yfw
I do wonder, what if we ask the other generals if they want to draw? It could be fun.
Then again, it could also be a bad idea.

Man despite the fact that I haven't played infinity since god knows when, I'm gonna miss it.

I hope AC7 online will at least copy-paste the PvP modes because NTDM was the shit.

I've tried turn fighting Strigons in a Super Hornet, a complete waste of time

We don't need other generals.

This was meant to represent /aceg/, calling to other generals isn't in that spirit. Plus, other than /wtg/ or /simg/ I somehow doubt there are that many with planefus.

What other generals?

But I mean this is also an /aceg/ thing, not much more

Finally a bigger version of that picture, thanks.

Got that.

A strim is happen

Is that from the Area 88 mango or somethin? I look at this shit and I just think of the desert level from UN Squadron / Area 88 arcade

youtube.com/watch?v=zBDHFpgkpBw

Well, Area 88 is generally really grounded when it comes to weaponry, and even the pilot feats are relative.

It's probably some random piece of art from someone who had a wild idea once.
And I love it

Which site

It's an illustration by Stan Mott.

>that game
The way to do a licensed game tbqh, it's top tier.

It looks fucking great.

Gotta look that guy up.

>mfw they wanted to remaster it but because of UN policy and some other bullshit they didnt

That's what I was afraid of. I'll probably just host another room some other time.

Why wouldn't they just call it Area 88 then, it's not like anyone needed the U.N. Squadron name

But at least it's on the SNES and not some obscure system that barely emulates.

His stuff is pretty bonkers. Sports tanks, huge land battleships, Zanscare-tier land cruisers, house-sized sports cars...

>Sports tanks
Where is that GuP Monaco GP picture?

Alright, this guy is pretty good.

youtu.be/oKfcE6N75ws

Gleipnir is up for any interested buddies.

Wait, the fifth one already? Didn't you post the first one yesterday? When did the others get posted?

Not a clue.

Will definitely check it out once I stop being autistic in Elite Dangerous

>mfw southeast fucking VA
>mfw nothing but shitty fucking rain
I JUST WANT SNOW GODDAMMIT WHY CAN'T I LIVE IN NEW ENGLAND AGAIN THIS ISN'T WHAT V-2 WAS FOR I BET THE BELKANS DID THIS

>cannon as big as the fuselage
>battleship-calibre shells
That's a lot of dakka

>Elite Dangerous
Oh boy, did you fall into that trap?

Here we go

>Snowing all day outside
>Snowing even more
>AC6 has no comfy snow maps
Wish my PS2 hadn't died then I could have all the snow I want.

In between, I didn't want to keep shilling every single video. I'll be posting the boss fight ones probably. Because those are the more interesting ones IMO. The desert air support mission is fucking awesome though, coming as episode 7.

shoo shill

go suck of sly

Damn I love the Gleipnir
Good job though, that went surprisingly smooth.

Theres a trap? Im having fun with the HCS Voice Pack makes it much more immersive. Having Brent Spiner Aka Data from Star Trek asmr things into my ear and help control my ship makes it magnificent.

>stopped snowing
>snow melted a lil bit
>temperature plummeted and snow resumed
>melted snow is now freezing over
>entire neighborhood now being entombed in ice

Somebody somewhere turned the 'Snow' knob up to fucking 11

>surprisingly smooth
I was gonna include a death montage but it doesn't fit in with the structure of this mini series. Those anti aircraft guns are fucking brutal, you can see I took 69% in like half a second.

Well it is a huge timesink if you can get into it. The missions and grindy nature got to me after a few hours though.
I think I got up to a Vulture, but the Not!Raptor I had before was more fun to fly tbqh.

Then I just started playing Wing Commander

Yeah I remember that from when I tried do do that gun only run of the mission back when the Phantom run was a thing.
They are annoying if you can't just missile them away.

Yeah I got my hands on the Imperial ships except the Cutter and an Anaconda. I also play with others so its not as boring. Found a good spot where I get 20 mil an hour.

Who loves their planefu the most?

Connies are pretty sexy all in all.
I don't think I ever bothered with factions.

Those Imp ships are what I like the mix between Luxury and Firepower

the last time snow got turned up to 11 here we got 5' in boston

The Cutter and Clipper are pretty neat for effectively looking like business jets. But they could use a much smoother surface and less "holes" in the plating if they want the clean look.

That is true. The elegance in them though makes the appeal much more grand.

So buddies, Im currently fucking about doing a little bit of Belkan War writefaggotry from the pov of a Sapinish squadron, since we know very little about Sapin so there's very little for me to fuck up.

Anyways, I made a squadron patch for them mostly just for fun and so i'd know what it looked like if it came up in writing.
Whaddya think of it?

Looks pretty awesome.

the handle's a little squished, but I dig the theme

Not bad. Need to include that in the Sapin National Anthem

As heard here: youtube.com/watch?v=XcicOBS9mBU

Breety gud, just make that estoc little less distorted on handle.

I like that, that looks pretty neat with the flag and all.

Hmm, you're right, it went a bit weird in putting it on the shield.
Thanks, i'll try mess with that a bit.

Thanks!
Was surprisingly fun to make, too - pretty happy with it.

>
Looks sweet as fuck. I'd recommend capitalizing "Valentía". I think "Valentía y vigor" rolls better off the tongue, but you know best.
What does the squadron fly?

>live in FL
>last time it snowed where I live was before i was ever born
at l-least I have freezing rain r-right buddies?!

>haven't seen snow since I was seven
I yearn for the sight of my home city covered in snow.

>fly into freezing rain
>instant icing
>don't fly no more
That's rough user.

Trying to make emblems and logos is always fun

>you know best
I dont actually speak a word of sapinish, this is done with google.
That said, I do like the sound of 'fortaleza' rather than 'vigor'

Fortaleza is very rarely used in that sense, at least in Castillian (European) spanish. It's used as "fortress", as in the fortification. According to the dictionary "fortaleza" is "strength and vigor", but "vigor" is oft used in the same sense. It's become old-fashioned in a way.
There is however the 22nd Sappers Batallion that uses the motto "Fortaleza y valor".

Is this version of the grip better?

Huh, interesting.
So long as it's decently accurate, I dont hugely mind if it's outdated.
Neat though, evolution of language is always cool.

Shame, though, fortaleza is a way cooler word than vigor

Might as well post some spanish Air Force mottos I like:
The unofficial motto of the Air Force is
>"Per aspera ad astra", "Through the rough path, towards the stars"
The 112th squadron:
>"De lo dicho, ¡nada!", localizable as "Remember what we were told? It's nothing like that!" refering to things never going according to the briefing
The 15th Wing has a few good ones, starting with the wing's, a horrible mishmash of tenses that can't be translated jarringly enough in english imho:
>"Quien ose, paga", "Whoever dares will pay"
The 153rd squadron, featuring mispellings based on local accents:
>"No semos naide" instead of "No somos nadie"; "We ain't nuh one" I guess
The wing's maintenance team:
>"Todo es posible", "Everything's possible"
And the 31st wing's, which I like quite a lot since they upheld it with 3 aging C-130.
>"Lo que sea, donde sea, y cuando sea", "Whatever, wherever, whenever"
It does sound fine and is quite a good one. Lexical drift is a fascinating thing.

The RAF uses 'per ardua ad astra' as their motto, too.
Interesting.

I fucking love the 112th's, that's hilarious.

It's a shame that I can't come up with a succint translation for it.
>RAF
It might just be one of those "go-to" latin quotes for the military.

Oh right, that's why that first one sounded so familiar.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_aspera_ad_astra
Generic as fuck, it would seem.

whats some good ace combat like games on PC

inb4 Hawx and Horizon i already have Hawx and the Horizon demo on 360 just didn't grab me

also what is the worst Ace Combat game and why is it Top Gun DS

>Assault Horizon
I don't think anyone would ever suggest you to play AH if you want an AC experience

Vector Thrust and Sky Rogue are your best options on steam I think.
Too bad VT seems halfway abandoned now but there's more than enough content in there to get some fun out of it if you just like to do challenges and deathmatches. Or you could make your own missions with the creator.

Forgot. You can always just emulate the PS2, PSP and PSX games if you haven't done that already or own them on their systems.

Everything on that is in the OP

>"Lo que sea, donde sea, y cuando sea", "Whatever, wherever, whenever"
This is the best one IMO.

>my options are two different "le memepoly roguelite exaggerated aliasing lol so retro so much screenshake XD" unity games
fuck this im going back to HAWX and AC6 and GMod

what did you think about AC7 on PC getting a optional mouse-aim system from Warthunder? I doubt it will happen, let what did ya think about the system

My father works there, so I know the motto they use amongst themselves:
>"Madrugar más para esperar más", "Raise earlier to wait longer"
Because no matter how late the other units they have to work with are, they always have to start working ASAP.

>Because no matter how late the other units they have to work with are, they always have to start working ASAP
Know that feel all too well. Fuck that shit.

>Because no matter how late the other units they have to work with are, they always have to start working ASAP.
y'know, there's a saying in every other armed force that goes something like

>"Hurry up and wait"

because you're often pressured to be early but have to maintain timing with all the other moving parts of whatever's happening. so a lot of time 'on the clock' is wasted both because you have to be early but it seems to everyone and every unit like everyone but you and/or your unit is terribly unreliable. I think that's what they were going for.

That would be the best way to translate it. It's mostly due to the others actually being late rather than just finishing your part ahead of schedule.

>The Latin motto of [Canadian] Air Command – Sic itur ad astra – which was the motto of the Canadian Air Force when first formed after the First World War (before it became the Royal Canadian Air Force in 1924) was retained. Though traditional insignia for the RCAF was restored in 2015, there has been no restoration of the traditional uniforms or rank structure of the historical service (apart from a rank of "Aviator", which replaced that of "Private" in 2015)

>Sic itur ad astra
>Through adversity to the stars

BIG FUCKING WORDS FOR A COUNTRY THAT ABANDONED THE ARROW AND HAS NO NUCLEAR PROGRAM

>forget half a sentence
Midnight's passed, it would seem.
In the 31st's experience, that is.

Not limited to the military really the aviation industry isn't much better in my experience. People just don't know how long shit takes sometimes.

So instead of doing things reasonably early they always wait until the last second and then it always ends in these emergency exercises.

I probably shouldn't complain because that means we get work but still.

I had this old printout of absolute shade from some Padre about the differences between RCAF and RCN about how the RCN takes things too not easy enough and
>"Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do at midnight"
was on there somewhere
it was a p laff document
i wish i could find it, it had some other good gems

dude, military is the total opposite, if there's time to do stuff it's done NOW RIGHT NOW FUCK YOUR STAND EASY ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING ELSE???? but then you just take a longer break later because you're literally out of things to do

even in chillax as fuck daywork where nothing gets done either way just because stuff doesnt come up that often, there's really a lot of undue time pressure but the breaks are all the longer and you get sliders all the more often for it

Well I'm not on the end of waiting until the last second. I'm on the end that has to do the shit right now because the other guys waited until the last second.

But yeah I get you.

little bit, yeah, but it's still little blurry. Make it straight line or go with some smoothed outline

Our general Aviation motto is: "Virtutem Siderum Tenus" which roughly means "With Valor toward the stars".

505° had "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori" whch means "'tis sweet and dignified to die for the homeland"

Best ones are probably the 602° squadron extrmely dialectical "Varda che te sbuso" which is like "Oy m8 I'm gonna fokken prick'ye"
and the 127° supposed one being "Mo' ti F8" where F8 is pronounced F-otto, which means "Now I'm gonna fuck ye"

>"Mo' ti F8"
10/10. Based Italy. Are there any "Caput Mundi" ones?

the only good military motto ever has been

>Punch all switches, never shoot where I could use grenades, admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my "run" key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.

Not that I know, our airforce is shrinking by the moment here.

The Tornado and now F-35 base near here also had their emblem drawn taking their flight instructor as a model.
He was not a lovely man.

FROG BLAST THE VENT CORE

YOU THINK YOU'RE BIG TIME? YOU'RE GOING TO DIE BIG TIME.

Speaking of mottos, here's some from historic F-4 operators.

No. 92 Squadron RAF - "Aut Pugna Aut Morere"

892 Naval Air Squadron - "Strike Unseen"

52nd Fighter Wing (USAF, F-4G) - "Seek, Attack, Destroy"

35th Fighter Wing (USAF, F-4G) - "Attack to Defend"

Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 314 'Black Knights' - "Once a Knight is Never Enough"

Strike Fighter Squadron One Five One - "Go Ugly Early"

Man, that brings me back. I played the HELL out of those titles.

>abandoned
The avro situation was a whole mess of different things happening with unfortunate timing. Like basically anything political during the cold war.

I was like 10 or something so i never beat any marathon game naturally even though i had the actual Bungie Action Sac, that actually did come in a literal burlap sack with an icon of a warning sign with an exploding man.

First foray into level deisgn too, I probably had more fun with Forge and Anvil (and later Hammer for Source) than I ever did with the shooters they're actually for.

they still threw it out over concerns of nuclear shenanaigans and internal political strife. A shame, too -- it's not as good as memesters say, but it would have still been a serviceable equivalent to the Foxbat and whatever the yankees were trying to do about that problem and never really even tried to solve