Be 30

>be 30
>started late in career, still poor (i make about the median income for my city)
>coworkers are younger than me, but have more experience and are making more than me
>have higher net worth than me
>they have more fun than me (i am socially awkward and have no friends)
how do i stop comparing myself to others? how do i stop being poor loser Veeky Forums?

>think of starting a business
>probably won't get anywhere, and won't make as much as a tech startup
>think of trading
>probably won't make money from it

you sound like a loser at heart.

Stop being a wagecuck.

but how?

Same with me. I just don't care what others are doing. I have a comfy life and stuff my brokerage accounts with money. I also occasionally buy gold or bitcoin.
If you have time to think of others, then you aren't busy enough. Try to pick up a part time. Starting a business will likely have you working about the same amount as a full+part time job.

>If you have time to think of others, then you aren't busy enough.
this might be true

>Try to pick up a part time.
i'm technically not allowed to moonlight at my current job

>classmates spent their highschool fridays/saturdays/sundays partying
>i spent them on studying
>fast forward 8 years
>they are wagecucking 8-5 for below-average pay
>i am making 3x monthly average working 6 hours a day and a bit of overtime
>mfw

Feels good to be on top of the food chain

Go to church. Join a small group.

I was in a similar position and changed a lot because of it. For the better.

You don't need to become a sidewalk preacher or anything, but the social environment is very beneficial.

I was one of those ones partying and now wish I could go back and do things differently.

things probably won't get better
Will you ride out the storm and survive to the next stage in live?
Will you make it to a point where you look back and say, "I thought I had huge problems then but they weren't shit compared to NOW"
Will you make it user?
because I drink your milkshake

Grow a pair for starters

>drinking alcohol EVER
allah warned us all, but you didn't listen

Trading is fun treat it like reasoned gambling higher highs just dreaming that your stocks will go through the moon.
Invest in CVM that's how I get through the working day

similar situation except i went back to school to become an engineer at age 26 and got an engineering job at age 28

>tfw 85k base salary starting

I'm starting to agree with a lot of the principles of Islam.

What does that mean?

deported

Listen OP, when are you going to realize that even as cliche as it sounds your life is limited. Start that business, take that risk, submerge your self. Youre near halfway there in life. Don't spend the other half like this one. Trust me.

Hnngggg I feel you.

Gonna start applying for jobs soon, with a very good resume I must say, while all my friends are either still studying a useless degree or already have a deadend job.

Nice, very nice. Where do you live?

I'm like you OP (down to the exact age)

>Work as a software developer
>My coworkers as around my age. One woman makes more than me yet produces the same amount of wprk
>I work and work my ass off that year so I can raise how important I am to the company
>Months later, I made huge progress
>Communicate that to the manager. He shrugs me off
>I start looking for other opportunities in the meantime

5 interviews later, I'm now working elsewhere with a whopping 30% salary bump bringing me way above the median wage of a software dev with my skillset. On my last day, we were discussing wages and income. The funniest thing is one of our tech support guy makes less in wages but hugely makes up for that in the stock market.

So moral of the story, learn to trade, OP.

Trade or invest?