Other urls found in this thread:

docs.godotengine.org/en/latest/index.html
youtube.com/channel/UChv-gaPlKNROf6iMDhxIpUA/videos
tangramgames.dk/tobutobugirl/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>thinking order matters in multiplication

Like, just make game

You're not making any sense

>that faggot who thinks it's the same money if Epic takes a cut after Steam cut, rather than at the same time

Reminder to review your Measure theory before tackling difficult problems involving percentages

Quaternion and matrix multiplication are not commutative.

just like make godot game

Do you think it's possible for an /agdg/ game in the future to win indie game of the year at the game awards?

Depends if they have enough money to give to the award organisers or not.

Nah, not enough disabled black tranny characters in /agdg/

in the context of percentages at least
(100% * .95) * .7 is the same as...
(100% * .7) * .95

prove me wrong

Did the cuphead devs really have enough for that?

You are correct in this case, but it's wrong to say that multiplication is commutative.

but the black tranny indie game lost to cuphead

They've made millions

Also, they had the retro Disney graphics and the gaming community is full of arrested development babies who live off nothing more than pop culture and "nostalgia"

Look closely at the last names in the Cuphead credits list.

I follow an author who won an indie game award, but he is a slav and it was a slav competition.

it's wrong to say 'multiplication is always commutative'.
[context + 'multiplication is commutative'] is true

No, Veeky Forums has become the kiss of death for any self-respecting game dev. In 2013 when Risk of Rain was a critical and commercial hit Veeky Forums was not yet associated with Gamergate or /pol/

Connecting gaps and filling in "blanks" in my fist attack charts (now that it's more or less done) to create a combo tree system that self-completes with a lot of options, rather than specific strings.

Generally speaking, every single attack needs a "wait" branch, even if it just jumps to the next attack in sequence like a queued press, so it was like... why not use those branches for other stuff? Especially among the "Combo+" iterations which were basically static 1-2-3s until now.

Webm related, shows a double-crossover where I cross from the uppercut row into a stomp, then from the stomp back to the ground punch (which should follow uppercut row).

but are there any games that would have been successful if it weren't for Veeky Forums? didn't the valhalla devs and blue omen operation devs post here before?

Looking great as always.

And just because it's ridiculous, here's an (incomplete) flowchart showing all of the combo strings that exist so far for the fist weapons. Color-coded for light/heavy and combo+ required, but as of yet no markings indicating Combo Alt+ upgrade requirements to access various paths.

I have no idea how to present this data in a legible way to the player.

>[context + 'multiplication is commutative'] is true
>is true
*Can be true or false, depending on the context

I don't think you can easily quantify that.

gamers nowadays can only tolerate a 3 hit combo at most

The good news is that for the most part dialing isn't really necessary to perform well in combat. I enjoy dialing systems in action games but the reality is that 8 times in 10, you're just mashing through them enjoying the variety in the animations that play while you gear your fingers up for the next actual thing you're gonna try.

Sometimes it's fun to try to dial through stuff, especially if it involves decent timing (the bit in the webm I showed involves a pretty narrow waiting window to get the attack out at the right time to catch the enemy, and it's two long pauses after a 6-hit mash-out, which is tough) but you can just as easily lean on the command attacks and ignore that whole flowchart.

Is there Godot 3.0 documentation, yet?
I can't seem to find it by googling it, I just find the 2.1.4 documentation.

docs.godotengine.org/en/latest/index.html

Can someone actually list the advantages of Godot over Unity and/or Unreal without getting into the >godot memes?

I'm having a hard time believing that it is ever seriously considered

Tell me if this exists already:

A roguelike with similar leveling mechanics to Shadow Tower, ie hit things and your damage increases, get hit and your max health increases, dodge things and your evasiveness increases (more iframes, whatever).
But, all stats reset when you die.
??

Actual 2D pipeline that isn't just 3D but with fixed camera perspective.

Completely free

That's all I got so far.

my fingers like this.

there are no practical advantages, as in it really helps you in your day-to-day work. most people who are using it use it because it's free and open source. the same reason people use krita instead of photoshop. it's an ideological thing

I'd play it if you'd just like make game.

Testing art direction.
I think i've found my game design style

It's main advantage it's that's completely free and can be modded if you have additional needs.

I like it, it could be even simpler I feel.

What's it like knowing you were having a serious discussion with the sourceposter?

Don't worry it's not your fault he thinks he's an actual game designer whose job it is to lecture agdg. It's just funny how often you see it for what it is. He's nothing but a poser who wants people to listen to him and pay attention to his shitty little memes.

free and floss open MIT source,
actively developing, doesn't waste your money paying to employees that do literally nothing, no royalties,
doesn't require internet to launch,
weighs like 20 mb itself and exported games are small too,
better performance on shitty PCs, can dev and play on your shitty loonix thinkpad

cons:
too few cute loli robots were drawn yet

Thanks!

How do you know for sure that this is 3.0, though? It doesn't say 3.0 anywhere.

Master branch / latest branch is 3.0
And also because I use it, so I know.

This. He truly is literally insane. And literally a retard too, if he actually thinks that's how math works.

Successful 2D games made in Unity:
Cuphead
Ori and the Blind Forest
Broforce

Successful 2D games made in Godot:
???

>Successful games made in Godot:
>???

Speed stat in turn based games

I currently have a turn system based on speed. Speed runs from 1-9. In battle, a counter ticks upwards. Every tick, it checks against a list of all the fighters in the battle. If a fighter's speed stat is evenly divisible into the current tick counter, that fighter (and any others that apply) get added to another list and get to take their turn. Once that second list is empty, or if there were no valid fighters during for that tick count, the counter increments by one.

This works well enough for testing. However, it has a few problems. First, it is unintuitive. At the moment, lower speed is faster. I could fix that by inverting the speed so that 1 is 9, 8 is 2, and so on. Secondly, faster speed is drastically overpowered. A speed of 1 (currently the fastest speed) gets to go every single interval. That's four times before someone with an ""average"" speed of 5 gets a turn. Even then, they might get a fifth turn depending on the order they get added to the action list. I've considered solving that with a minimum delay of say 2 ticks between turns, but then there wouldn't be any point to raising the speed stat beyond the minimum.

Any thoughts?

I've also considered adding the speed value to a separate variable every tick, then checking if their speed >= 10 (or some number) before adding them to the action list and resetting their personal counter. That solves the first problem, but still leaves fighters with low speed as practically never having a turn.

>earliest is 2015
for how long was unity around by then?

Awesome, thanks!

I've dabbled with C# and Java programming in that past, as well as a bit with GameMaker 1.4.
From you experience, do you think there's enough documentation for a not completely retarded beginner like me, or should I start with Godot 2.1.4?

>the success of a game is determined by the engine it was made with

Sourceposter has some... Interesting views on mathematics. Pic related.

Iter Vehemens ad Necem, though it doesn't have a dodge.

Unity has 2D support since 2014

Why dont you just have them play in order of best speed, but if a players speed x 2 is still faster than the next guy then he can play again (might have to play around with the values)

Example speeds 3,7,9
3 plays first
3x2 = 6 < 7 so he plays again
6x2=12 > 7 so 7 plays next
7x2=14 > 9 so 9 plays next

do not post anything related to s----e
do not reply to posts about s----e

>that entire image

thats not right at all

no wonder he thinks multiplication is communicative

wtf is this shit

the whole point of a float is that it's precise.........

>let's just make a bunch of gay assumptions that prove I'm right. Aren't I so smart? :)

So this is the power of full sail

youtube.com/channel/UChv-gaPlKNROf6iMDhxIpUA/videos

watch games be made and see if its for you

>each 1:30 apart

What a math whiz. I bet he has a game!

I don't know anything about C#, I use GDScript.
But the core of the engine is still pretty much the same. There are new nodes and some changed nodes in 3.0, but for the most part it's the same as 2.1.4. The biggest changes I think are the 3D workflow and a completely new audio system. A lot of the documentation is the same between 2.1.4 and 3.0, except for the names of some things.
So you could start with 2.1.4, learn the engine, and then transition to 3.0. This would probably be easiest since there's more tutorials and open source demos for this version. 3.0 isn't too hard though, there will just be less specific examples, so you may need to learn what the differences are and translate some 2.1.4 examples to 3.0

Source?

>rewrite code from scratch
>it works exactly as it has to work

i think what he wanted to say is that floats get more and more spaced out between the values you can represent, using a finite amount of bits, and that is in and of itself right

>It's similar to why a log of old games and other software would have values top out at 255 or other seemingly magic numbers. Physical memory only had so many transistors to go around, so a memory address would not be able to exceed some number in base 2 since that's physically the biggest number that could be stored on that literal irl circuit of that memory stick.
now that is some next level shitposting

I've done this. I hate it because as far as I can see the code is exactly the same, but it works. I want to know what I did to fix it.

*the farther you go from zero

i forgot this kind of important part

He thinks he's a game designer. He went to Full Sail so that makes him right and not a nodev shitposter, you know. :^)

I have a number between 0 and 1 that I need to make go from 0 to 255 instead. How do I do it?

multiply

bit-shift

He was serious about it too. And it's all archived. Forever. And Ever. Delicious. Pathetic.

Are you retarded?

I have a godot between gamemaker and unity that I need to make go from gamemaker to ue4 instead. How do I do it?

I have dyslexia too.

Add some core features and subtract 5%

How did people end up having such a knee-jerk reaction to Gamergate? Wasn't it just about game devs and game journos sleeping with each other?

>Actual 2D pipeline that isn't just 3D but with fixed camera perspective.
but that's literally what 2d is

brainwashing

How do I do that in unity? Is there an asset for it?

Increment

No but I can make one for you and upload it to the store. $15 alright?

I'm gonna be honest for a second. Why does this meme keep getting posted? It's not even funny and it doesn't even make sense.

someone made a really cute actual gameboy game in 2017

tangramgames.dk/tobutobugirl/

grown men who act like little girls giggling at the same stupid shit over and over

Samefagging, not a meme.

how the fuck do people write shit like this and then think it's the right idea to post it

you mean single file/feature or entire codebase?

because if latter...

I was going to say what a waste, but it seems to just be a more obnoxious doodle jump

A combination of the fact that SJWs will swarm around anything that resembles one of their trigger points and the ability of retards to harass and attack women via the internet.

Not the best explanation I've seen, but I don't see what's so completely wrong if we're talking how numbers actually get stored.

anyone using cocos2d here?

>they made a mobile game for a mobile console
nice

use tanh

Friendly reminder to add 'doggos' to your game for easy social media points

Friendly reminder that you're not gonna make it

i know you secretly care for me and want me to succeed

anyone else feel like they try to achieve too much perfection where it is unecessary?

So Steam allows developers to harass curators directly now. Which ones should I send my game to?