T. /gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 8th of December:
877 – Louis the Stammerer (son of Charles the Bald) is crowned king of the West Frankish Kingdom at Compiègne.
1907 – King Gustaf V of Sweden accedes to the Swedish throne.
1912 – Leaders of the German Empire hold an Imperial War Council to discuss the possibility that war might break out.
1922 – Northern Ireland ceases to be part of the Irish Free State.
1941 – World War II: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt declares December 7 to be "a date which will live in infamy", after which the U.S. declares war on Japan.
1974 – A plebiscite results in the abolition of monarchy in Greece.

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - 7 Years Mod
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>[V2] - New Liangmod
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/8ud6e
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/divergences-of-darkness-history-thread.823974/
mediafire.com/file/ct227jc42l79z00/CMapMod.7z
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this feels good

I haven't been on /gsg/ for awhile now. Why is it called t./gsg/ and what happen to the black backgroud OP image.

Literally every thread
Stop false flagging

imgur.com/a/8ud6e

r8 my kaiserreich run as nat. france>french empire

This is you

*cums loudly*

No war of the Roses. The Dual monarchy is still Planagenet.
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/divergences-of-darkness-history-thread.823974/

I guess I'll also ask/take requests for my next culture/blobbing goals map for Beyond Typus

>Not taking over England, having your claim pressed in France, and being elected Emperor of the HRE
>Not doing your grandfather William the Conqueror and your father Satan proud
pleb

Is this sensibly enough for you, sir?

How was the war of the roses avoided in the timeline?

yes
Are you proud of my creation, user?

I'm assuming you're the same user, so I'll "elaborate" and say that, with help from Burgundy, England won the HYW and pushed the Valois into Provence.

Might do an England/Dual Monarchy culture map, or just make a poal.me for . Thoughts?

Still looking for good names for my Anglo-French union.
Culture is English, playing as de Normandie dynasty, grandson of William the Conqueror and Henry I of France.

Angaulia

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

>make a poal.me for #. Thoughts?
What's the question?

Forming Italy in MEIOU
What should my borders be?

What nation I should do a blobbing goal/culture map for next.

What a stupid name. You're not allowed to reply to my posts anymore.

Roman Empire

Normandy or something like that

Oh look at what I'm doing right now.
Better send the internet police at me.

well, if we lose this war, maybe it will get me enough infamy to pass reforms to constitutional monarchy faster

Norman empire?

I don't know. They didn't call England "Normandy" did they?

>china westernizes

kill your'eself peruANO

it's not going super well...

I swear 90% of the games I play are based around destroying austria. they just have this weird ability to bounce back from anything

what map mod?

yeah we're 20 behind in warscore, it's another weak germany episode. oh well, one lost war won't be the end of ottoman resurgence

CMM but modified. someone made the water look less grey
mediafire.com/file/ct227jc42l79z00/CMapMod.7z

Guy fixing Grandimod, are you on?

It's already been over 2 years since the Russians have begun exploring the Solar System, so it is expected that some of the components would start failing eventually, thankfully, it happened while the Zvezda was on Earth's orbit.
No nations have build orbital maintenance facilities as of yet, so they have to rely on their own crews to repair their spaceships.

On Earth not everything is quiet. The Outer Space Neutrality Protocol (wich states that no spaceshit to spaceship weapons shall be carried on the Solar System) expires next year, and talks to extend it don't seem to get anywhere. This is mostly because the British have almost finished developing their 'Explorer' class Scout ship, wich is vastly superior than any other ship currently in space. The Russians, have also developed a new ship to ship missile, though it will not be adequate at all to fight the new British weapon.

since the thread is more active now, does anyone want to play?
You just pick a country and tell me what to do or what to focus on and I'll tell you how it goes.
You can also ask me stuff I guess

the absolute state of prussia

they should just peace already
im sick of being in this war

>that pop growth
>those immigrations
Jesus. How fast can I westernize with China? Do I need to take over japan for the intellectuals and rp points or can I do it with just intellectuals nf?

>You can also ask me stuff I guess
When will you fuck off?

I meant stuff about the game like "What kind of minerals does Mercury have"
protip: it has a lot

Oh right. In that case how easy is it to stop posting the game here and go back to either not posting at all or to /civ4x/, where they have already said they frequently host the game?

It would be incredibly hard.

Can you take a screen of the map zoomed out?

at least austria ist kaputt now

french are marching straight through though. our warscore has actually been getting better but once france invariably captures berlin it's over thank god

>release guangdong
>play as guangdong
>grab arty and inf
>fuck chinks up with free core cb and then westernize

Install MishMashMapMod

Yes, the former. Basically, Dual Monarchy North America, got involved in a succession crisis where a pretender to the Anglois throne disputed the succession of their brother, fled to the New World, raised an army and going back. Defeated, but thanks to riding secessionist sentiment anyways, and what would become the Great German War/etc, Dual Monarchy decided to cut their losses, and hand their Arcadian colonies to the pretender brother, and his forming a cadet branch of the Plantagenets.

They're a bit more English in character than the DM's former southern (Amerigan) colonies, which became Amazonie, which are much more Frankish in culture. But only somewhat. Still quite Frankish.

The Dual Monarch is not exactly stable though. So with their fall, the cadet branch may actually become the main branch.

Well I mean the Qingqiu would obviously be the ruling culture, since they form it in that case. In any case, that's a decision available to all Chinese cultures, doesn't mean you're supposed to do it. Qingqiu is much more focused on Arcadia.

>pdm
Why do these things always have to have a catch?

there, I'm out. prussia can fight its shit wars by itself from now on, I'll only accept their calls to war when they're germany

your post

Why not fujian?

more like your posts are deleted lmao

The mod is ridiculously bad anyway. Autists just like it because they think more events = better mod

Preussentum und Sozialismus

>more events = better mod
thats fact though

this

the best mods do the most under the hood. events are limited in what they can do. i was laughing my ass off when bomber made fucking book spam events and thought they were good. fuck events, fuck clutter. the technical aspects of a mod make it good.

Or that, I only did it with Dong.

Also I just loaded up my Italy game, switched to Qing and went Commie to see the emigration. NICE, it's like Chinese exports.

If you're even beginning to imply HPM is le only good mod because of his "under the hood" work you're absolutely retarded. HPM has ruined the entire economy of the game with his meme dye decision causing an international shortage of dye and a chain reaction of shortages as nations lack coal and machine parts to build dye factories.

His "under the hood" work was throwing a hand grenade in there.

This is why closing the borders exists.

Finally, the new British ship is revealed to the Queen.
An 8500ton monster, over 10 times faster than any other ship known by the Empire, armed with 4 Laser batteries, and with the capability so survey celestial bodies. Not only does it have an extremely high speed, it also has a range of 16 billion Km and enough food, water, oxygen and entretainment to supply 142 crewmembers for 75 months.
This state of the art spacecraft will give the United Kingdom a massive advantage in space exploration, it could even be classified as a 2nd generation spacecraft (even though it's the British's first ship), since no other nation can achieve that level of speed, armament or defence.

It will be finished by August 2038, at wich point it will swiftly explore the Solar System and probably force the other powers to immediately develop a means to combat this ship, or the UK would be able to have complete controll of Outer Space.

The point of playing as China is to flood the world with the chinese.

The Russians continue to chart the Asteroid belt. While they hoped it would have many more resources, the minerals there are very easy to mine, so a ship able to transport some Automated Mines and a Mass driver would theoretically be able to slowly mine the asteroid belt by transporting the mines every time an asteroid is depleted.
The Romans meanwhile start another journey towards Jupiter. Sadly, there was no Sorium found in the atmosphere, so there is little reason to colonize the system yet, but there is still the possibility to find minerals in one of the many moons of Jupiter, and Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto are all suitable for colonization, so if some minerals are found a base can easily be established there. No nation has claimed sovereignty over another Celestial Body yet, but that is mostly because there would be no way to enforce it. A colony would definitively give a country the right to claim the mineral wealth of a planet, or even an entire system.

go in your own general

would disney go after the game producers if they found out about the uncanny resemblance to Tie Fighters(tm) and Executor class Star Destroyers(tm) present in another game?

New KR4 Arabia planned for after cornflakes.

Apparently if you unify Arabia and become too liberal, you can get an ISIS revolution with a black flag too.

This is Grandi land

>HoI4
wow, it's fucking nothing

*notices redditors*
uuughhh... fuck off

hoi4 is ok

wrong

>KR4
Another one for the filter

Well actually this is the first and probably only thing I'll ever filter, because it's the only thing I can say with absolute 100% certainty I'l never care about in the slightest.

is /gsg/ dead?

incredible falseflag

Not everything is a falseflag, you retard. HoI4 is cancer but there's no point filtering it because it's still funny to see people bitch about it. "KR4" is a term for a mod that shouldn't exist for a game that shouldn't exist. There will never be an interesting post containing the word KR4.

Well, except this one. Because it's informative, but after this.

i dont know what to do

play aurora

>132k chink pops go to Bolivia (country that formerly had 600k pops)
>they all assimilate within a month
>repeat

>12

They didn't. A few regions of Bolivia had a Han majority after a few years.

OUTSTANDING falseflag

Try playing CWE lmao
Regardless, I wouldn't say neither are "ridiculously bad", that's a label I'd only give to Legacy of Slovenia and certain NWO versions out of all the ones I've tried.
The supply was fucked due to a change in the AI's tech priorities, the Indian decision doesn't even change a single coal province (India only has one coal province and it keeps that way forever).

5 FUCKING DAUGHTERS IN A ROW!

FUCK IT. TIME FOR CONCUBINES

unbelieveable falseflag

like I said here I have now given azerbaijan to persia as a part of the imperial reform edict, but the relationship with the empire's satellites has also grown stronger due to tax collection

The modern ottoman state begins now. A (mostly) peaceful and conservative sprawling empire to ensure peace and stability. Traditional yet modern, participating in and contributing to modern technology, science, and economic markets.

Ok, so Legacy of Slovenia is a little bit over the top, but you've gotta admit, it's not THAT bad - like, it's totally playable and all, and it covers some really interesting historical possibilities that tend to get ignored

Just decided on doing the Dual Monarchy one.

Cultures are (from south to north) Occitan, French, Breton, Angloi/Anglo-French, English, Welsh, Irish, and Scottish. r8

all your posts are garbage

It's still /gsg/ related

Yeah

>get a PU on Naples
>don't remember seeing a message
>only notice after my king dies and I get a regency, so I wanted to see what would happen to Naples if their king died (because I was supposed to get a union through succession war)
>Hungary probably had the chance to contest but didn't

See:

Steamgruppe STOP bullying all the people creating content

See:

amazing falseflag by me

See:

What is the best contemporary strategy game? Is there anything which describes modern current world, with nukes?

Wait for that drinking and whoring game

Is this a joke? I am probably more educated and priviledged than you, I work in IT and have 100,000$ yearly income.

what the FUCK did You actually mean by this

I want nuclear war game and NOW. Tell me what it is and how to get it.

make it then faggot

>faggot
I know you couldn't compete on my level. My intellect is superior to yours and it works on high level of abstraction which you could only dream of.

if ur so smart why can't you make a game huh??
pic related is you

All of the above are me