/xgg/ - Xenogames General #18

Previous Thread: >Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

>Nintendo direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U

>XB2 General FAQ
pastebin.com/d8TqRTxi

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>Xenoblade 2 'Info' Doc. Please help contibute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

jp.automaton.am/articles/newsjp/20171207-58932/
soundcloud.com/user-133381089/xenoblade
archiveofourown.org/works/12934956?view_adult=true
youtu.be/9AV3eJLAUfo?t=1h12m
youtube.com/watch?v=NLkb3LWv0bY&index=44&list=PLsgo0vbK6fqIbu_E4LNESZuVvERZzYqrY
youtu.be/crRFekHaQRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does having a lot of rares really cuck you out of getting more?
Am I basically dooming Zeke?

Can someone fucking tell me why it takes a total of 9 attempts with the fucking captcha to successfully make each new thread?
I'd love an explanation.

Anyone know how to get in here? I'm probably missing something extremely obvious.

Apparently there's a Jap article on the West's reception of the XC2 English dub. The aggressive Britishness comes up in their speculation. jp.automaton.am/articles/newsjp/20171207-58932/

i somehow got 3 pouch expansion kits and never noticed until now

please everyone check to see if you have any of them and expand your pouches immediately

I don't think my game likes me farming Pentagon chips very much.

Asking again, does anyone know where to find Adenine's Tome of Morytha #1 for her rank 5 affinity node?

soundcloud.com/user-133381089/xenoblade

Seems like it. Almost all of my rares were from common cores near the beginning of the game. Now I have like 10 of them and I haven't seen one in over a hundred cores. Common, rare, and legendary all drop generics.

Threadly reminder that the first ever XC2 fanfiction is Morag smut.
archiveofourown.org/works/12934956?view_adult=true

But
why tho

I have gotten all my rares from commons. Is this just the result from stank rates? What are they anyway?

And all is right with the world.

>tfw you bond a legendary core, get a rare blade but it's not the one you want
WHERE ARE YOU KOSMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS
I WANT TO BEAT THIS FUCKING GAME OR ROLL YOU AND I'M AT THE POINT WHERE I CAN'T BRUTEFORCE MY WAY THROUGH THE STORY

The more I listen that song the more it feels like it's actually for Klaus in the aftermath of the experiment longing for Galea.

She is the only rare blade that I don't yet, it's painful.

Pyra NOT having a british accent is actually what turned me off of the dub. I was okay with the voices up until then.

YOU CAN REWATCH HEART-TO-HEARTS???

Say for instance, that getting a specific rare blade is a 1/500 chance (it's not but I'm just using this as an example). Now imagine there are 30 different rare blades that you have a chance of getting. That makes the chance of getting any rare blade about 30/500. When you get a rare blade, it is removed from the pool, so after getting one, you have a 29/500 chance of getting another rare blade. So as you can see, the chance of getting a rare blade is lowered the more rare blades you have already gotten.

Read the second pastebin in the OP (Blade / Combat / Quest)

I think most people are expecting the game to roll for rare, and then roll for what rare you get. This is probably wrong. Instead, the game rolls independently for each rare each core use. That means if there is just one unpulled rare in the pool, it's going to be hard to get it. However, if there are 5 unpulled rares in the pool and you are fine getting any of them on Zeke than it will be 5x as easy to get one of those because there are 5 ways to get a good pull.

The only people who are having trouble with the gacha system are those who are deadset on having a _particular_ blade on some character, or those trying to complete the coupon collector problem of getting all 21. These people are in for a tough time.

mobage was a mistake

This. Everything about her stands out, and not in a good way. She's a sore thumb.

I was kinda miffed about it until I figured out why she and certain other characters are American. Now I don't really mind it. It's not like the American actors are your typical dub fare that you hear in every anime anyway, since they're all still from the UK.

Someone earlier said that Boreas tells you what every blade's favorites are. How do you do that? I have Boreas with his affinity chart maxed out.

why is overdrive a finite resource

How exactly does the affinity chart work? I've used Pyra's level 2 special more than 0 times and it says the condition for that second step one is 0/7.

My first legendary blade was a common. I'm keeping my second one until I can get more luck stats, although it might be in vain anyway, given the shitty rates.

Did you unlock the 2nd tier yet? Check the blue circles on the lower left

All of the Blades have American accents. Even Dromarch's VA, posh as he sounds, is actually American. I actually kind of like the clear vocal distinction between humans and Blades.

>that guy that got KOS-MOS as his first rare
youtu.be/9AV3eJLAUfo?t=1h12m

what does each stat do? I know strength and ether are for physical and magic damages respectively but what do the others do? is dex for accuracy and agility for evasion? what about luck?

Are you sure you have that tier unlocked? Check the locks on the bottom left, if it's not lit up you can't get anything on that line yet.

>old man just passes away in front of them
Wh-Why is this allowed?

Oh so that lock has to be opened before you can do any of that stuff. That makes more sense. I assumed the orbs being connected to the one below them meant you can get into those but I guess I'm retarded. Thanks.
How do I increase trust quickly?

Force feed them.

there should be a key in the building. try falling through different holes

LET POPPI WEAR THE BUNNIT OUTFIT

>Defeat 5 Jigglyspit Gollywogs in [Region]
man I wish these things provided a picture of the enemy

You mean the Super Bikini armor?

Just unlocked mercenary missions.
Stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. Are there repeating missions or when you complete them all, that's it?

Can anybody give a rundown on what it says?

you would learn this by just doing them, blue are repeatable, pink are not.

Why did they translate Bikini armor with a bunny outfit? That's fucking stupid.

Just like Ni no Kuni. Now I need to farm dosh to farm food.

Jesus, why do you give so much of a shit about inconsequential stuff like that? If anything, the bunny outfit is more fitting.

Probably because Poppi looks like a child so they did the same thing they did with Lyn in X.
I like the bunny outfit better since it makes Tora have weirder fetishes.

OST when?

It's pretty weird, they turned the bikini into a bunny outfit and the onee chan mode into a dog one, which turns the otaku fetishes of Tora into a guy with bestiality fetishes.

Found it. Missed a door.

>Quest enemies get a [!] above them
>Affinity mission requirements get nothing
>mfw trying to do multiple affinity mission enemy requirements at once
I started making a list on my phone but it's so tedious and not worth it.

Morag /ss/ where?

>incest is bad, let's make it bestiality instead

Morag is not for lewd.

We need a good supply of basic lewds before we can get to the specialized stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=NLkb3LWv0bY&index=44&list=PLsgo0vbK6fqIbu_E4LNESZuVvERZzYqrY

how does boreas quest if idol is destroyed? it makes you go there

Rare Blade /ss/ where?

>Tfw you suck at Tiger Tiger but like the idea of the game

which quest?

Explain why she's such a bonermancer then.

How do you get new elemental cores for Poppi?

should I indulge myself with the Blade FAQ in the OP or should I just stumble my way to getting unique blades? I've finished the game and have no idea how it works, didn't use other blades at all

>this game is too good, let's make chapter 7 the worst piece of shit anyone's ever played
Thanks monolith

You progress enough in the story that the parts unlock. Then you play Tiger Tiger.

the boreas quest where you steal shit, gotta raise his trust a bit to unlock it, idk cause i did it in indol as well

didn't like Pyra being taken huh user?

seriously? I just finished 6 and thought it was really dumb

O-oh... ok.

>blushy crushy

Sending blades on merc missions seems to complete random nodes on their affinity graph. Anyone know what the limitations of this are? Definitely doesn't work for Zenobia's shit but _does_ work for things like "Kill 5 _random enemy_ in _random area_" and is a hell of a lot easier than tracking them down.

Giant squid in the bottom of the snow titan in cloudy weather

This game gives me PS2 RPG nostalgia

X-Play would have had a field day with it

It's close for sure but there's also slightly more tedium than the already tedious titles that were released that gen. Field skills are the type of shit that wouldn't fly, for example

Don't forget the old factory. I don't know what level that thing is, but I'm pretty sure it was higher than mine in the seconds I still had alive

Trying to take down the cat thief and was given a forked choice.

What blades have fortitude or should I surrender and ask for help from the old man.

I believe

Anyone know the name of the OST that plays when Jin makes his speech about how Blades are slaves and the OST with vocals that plays durning Vandham last stand?

>chapter 5/6
Not even Fiora's death affected me as much as Fan's. I think it's the new artstyle making her look so innocent and precious that made me so upset.

youtu.be/crRFekHaQRU
This immediately came to mind

pray harder

>And if Square did anything with it. I wouldn't buy it because fuck them. Them and Capcom are now competing for worst Japanese company.
They're wasting their time because Konami retired champion of that title.

that theme is really depressing

Holy shit Morag's japanese voice is the deepest shit in this game

This Nopon's japanese voice is deeper.

Man neo was some weird miracle that didn't end up being shit
The rest of the games that animated the shining corpse weren't so lucky

Just reached chapter 9, never expected Mikhail to be the best member of Torna....

This kinda shit happened in FFXIV too during a cutscene with a lalafell. Dude's voice was so deep it was hilarious.

Well she's the fucking Aegis, of course she's have a not british accent you sods.

Which Nopon is Bestpon?

"It's life, meh!"

anyone have beguiling charm locations? I've found one in next to the sweets shop in mor ardain, the woodpile in fonsett, and the mechanic at top of the argentum. I read online that there is one in front of uraya but I havent been able to force them to spawn.

I expected Uraya's queen to be hot not so old fat hag.

Where do you start it?
I've got like 4000 trust on him.

She has to balance Mor Ardain's shota emperor

How do I know which character should get which blade? How do I know which character will get what blade? I'm assuming they should use their designated roles, like Rex should equip ATK and Mòrag TNK?

I'm in Tanta now and I haven't found an Overdrive Protocol since Mor Ardain. Am I just retarded or are they stupid rare?

what are you gay, he was the best from the moment he showed up

Basically or else you get Nia trying to do damage while your tank slowly dies.

Are chips a farmable thing? Do I need to feel bad about using them early on or can I do it all willy nilly?

3 are all the freebies you get.