/lhg/ - Light's Hope General

Guilds:
Alliance faction, you can join if you're leveling. Currently there are two guilds clearing full MC and BWL looking forward to AQ

NA/EU semi-hardcore raiding guild.Ever felt like you don't fit in? Well you probably wont here either, faggot. But join the shit shot of the century today and come clear raids to watch hunter loot drop!

>Server info
twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW
LH Discord (discordapp.com/invite/mraKxcU)
(lightshope.org/)

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Download the client without torrent (direct download):
mega.nz/#!e4cjFT5L!7VvX-yAlJ87KdU-6BNQVlhoYY5_YdnYW3WezYsVrYgI

>I have the client! What now?
Open realmlist.wtf and Set realmlist logon.lightshope.org
make an account on their site and thats it, enjoy the videogame

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

>WoD models (place MPQ in data, rename file to patch-3.mpq)
mediafire.com/file/v107ncj1j27x85x/patch-3.mpq

Old Thread:

>people in staysafe's discord are talking about dale's jihadic acts

will he ever come back to save us, /lhg/?

undead rogue, or female human rogue?

Human for PvE, Undead for PvP. After that it depends on what faction you want to play on.

>discover these threads
>can't stop laughing when I see a MoH member now

Help.

I hope so

This nigga really needs to learn how to draw different looking faces.

NO CHANGES

He needs to work on his eyes first.

>puppers still wiping on nef
:(

What's wrong user? Don't you like men that pretend to be men pretending to be women?

You know Dale is a gay furry now with a furry tranny g(b)f right?

i'm not a tranny don't insult me like that pls

stay btfo tannies

>Want to make human mage
>Everyone tells me to play gnome or nothing

Do racials matter THAT much?

Outside of dwarf priest not really, play whatever the fuck you want.

Proof?

>getting mad over cauterizing band
*breathes in*

no racial is worth having to look at a gnome's ass for your entire mage life

Play what you enjoy looking at, a racial isn't worth having to look at an ugly character every time you play.

>posts screencap of his profile picture being a pandaren

and how does that verify your claims??

I'm too lazy to go through and autistically stalk his post history. Ask him yourself, he'll tell you he's a faggot dating some degenerate femboy.

>MFW Dwarf ret paladin

People seriously don't give a fuck what you play on here, I get into groups and even raids, no one gives a shit what race/class you play as long as you don't suck.

>come back to legion after not playing wow since cata announcement
>try to enjoy it for a week but it's shit
I need some vanilla to wash the taste of that garbage.

I always believed after reading this general for so long that if you weren't a warrior/rogue/priest/mage that no one would ever invite you to groups, but as a ret paladin I get invited to every group I sign up for

I'm glad I stopped listening to you guys.

I want to make an Orc warrior just because i love the Warlord's Battlegear but looking at the guides it sound like war suck in pvp.
It's the only class that interest me, am i fucked?

subtle

Warrior is good in PvP, just get engineering and you'll have a blast at 60.

you won't get invited to stuff if you choose a bad spec AND if you are a socially inept manchild, which Veeky Forums has in droves. if you are a normal human being who is fun to be around you can play any fucking spec you want, it's not like vanilla raiding is hardcore anyway. i'd gladly take an elemental shaman to molten core if he was nice to have in voice chat. it's notl ike you need 40 people playing at peak performance to clear vanilla content

Bingo, as long as you're a total bro and not a total cynical asshole about everything, you can get into groups no problem, why is it so hard for people to just be nice and not be a total downer in groups?

because a lot of the people playing vanilla private servers are autistic neets who play this game for a fucking living basically. it goes from being a fun game to play to being a chore almost and when people aren't playing "correctly" it greatly upsets them.

>i'd gladly take an elemental shaman to molten core if he was nice to have in voice chat

Virtually every single mob in MC is immune to nature damage. The problem with ele shamans isn't that they do low damage. Their damage is actually really good with gear and a lot of consumes, the problem is that they literally can't hit the bosses.

that's why i specifically said molten core. even if you're literal dead weight dps wise if you're enjoyable to speak to then i'd be fine carrying you

What kind of person would unironically cast spells at a boss who's immune to them? That's some next level fucking autism.

Maybe if you're talking about him healing bosses he can't DPS on as ele then that's fine, but otherwise you're just being silly.

>Levelling Priest
>Only Rogues ever gank me when I'm low mana
>It's always Rogues, especially Undead
>Majority of them have laugh macro'd and spam it

Why is EVERY single rogue a faggot?

Yep, as long as you're not bad and a chill guy to hangout with, people won't mind taking you to dungeons, I get invited to things all the time as boomkin, and normally top meters and prevent wipes and get invited again next time I log on, feels so good logging on and getting whispered asking if I wanna come DPS this.

obviously if you can't do damage on a boss you do something you can do. but it goes witohut saying that an elemental specced shaman will heal less than a resto specced shaman which would be fine with me

It's just this server, with its 10k+ population I am willing to bet at least 5k of those are undead rogues who only gank people, just rogues in general ruin the leveling experience on this server, every town on both Horde and Alliance is ganked and camped by a single rogue no one can find, the same rogue has been camping Redridge for literally days now, killing the main quest giver and vanishing, and everyone's solution?

>Go grind mobs until you outlevel the zone

Yeah...fun

You should never be low mana while leveling as priest anyways. Always stick around 70%. After level 40 you should be able to rape a rogue trying to gank you. Grab a PvP trinket just in case. Shadow priest leveling is one of the most fun and relaxing experiences you can have.

>wand
>wand
>wand
>wand

SO FUN AND RELAXING

To be fair, what do you do as a Priest when they open on you? He's UD, he can immune to Fear.

Travelling through Stonetalon, was having a grand ol time fearing people trying to front and then a lvl60 Warrior charged me and one shotted me

And Stonetalon barely has any Alliance in it so I rez in and then gotta hide and hope the faggot low levels dont ask for help from the big bad Priest
Cause the Horde babies always beg for help and there's always a bored lvl60 smacking low levels in zones

It's unironically fun compared to the other classes. Having to pay attention while you level is absolutely fucking miserable. Leveling priest is like botting. You just wand and tab out. Better than having to pay attention to your bear ass collection simulator.

>alliance

lol

Bros.... what do you think they're both doing there?

Eskild, right?

>muh powergamin

Alliance is half the population man. I play Horde, but you can't exactly ignore that a race can utterly remove the entirety of an SPriest's defenses.

when lights hope implodes late tomorrow night

what will you guys do?

im either gona roll everyst or play warmaneoutlands

Is that the female Tauren there?

Why do Horde always have high levels hanging around low level zones all day? Are their item levels not good enough for any of the content?

Why do Alliance always have high levels hanging around low level zones all day? Are their item levels not good enough for any of the content?

no, he's a male night elf warr

>play rogue
>lay in wait for the telltale signs of someone getting ganked
>mfw

Roll horde on Everyst and join us at surfs up!

Everyst is becoming such a genuine WoW experience, very different from what i've seen on other servers. The guild has been so helpful with a lot of committed players

are you me?

>shilling for a dead sever this hard

lol

>its not alive unless theres 1k chinks 2k russians and 3k random euros who may or may not speak english

ahahahaha, we are perfectly alright with our dead NA server thanks enjoy your multicultural nightmare

I will thanks

Only being able to form MAYBE 1 or 2 raid groups on an entire server is about as dead as you can possibly get.

I doubt horde will even clear MC at all. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I don't want Everyst to fail, but I'm also not going to trick newfags into getting trapped on a dead server that they will never be able to raid on.

>TRAPPED

nobody gets trapped on everyst

they get freed

Freedom from the responsibility of raiding I suppose.

on everyst you have the unique opportunity to be a big fish in a small pond

if you wanna be a loser and never raid that's all up to you my betacuck friend

Hahaha holy fuck

I'm not trying anything user. Way to react so fast to literally nothing

lol

I stopped playing after Nost died and saw that Elysium had been slowly dwindling in population. Now I'm seeing this server with a solid 8k pop and I'm thinking of playing again.

Can someone give me a tl;dr of what happened. The fags on Reddit all seem to be taking sides so I can't get a clear picture there.

Also, where can I download the Vanilla client from?

T1 shoulders

Why would we want to convince you to play? Play or don't and google vanilla 1.12 client

I never asked for you to convince me. Nice reading comprehension.

lightshope/lightbringer is elysium

the admins got caught running a gold price fixing scheme and spawning and duplicating and selling characters, and devs were caught using donation money for personal vacations lol

as a result the entire team left the people who got caught behind and created a new corrupt piece of shit server with the same database/characters/fuckedeconomy called lights hope. server is overpopped and prone to crashing and is basically not that much fun anymore.

although there are actually rumors that it is about to come crashing down due to corruption allegations too

your other vanilla options are the progressed low pop/pve servers on lights hope, night haven which is heavily russian and run by the old corrupt people, everyst which is new, low pop but has great features, or kronos which is progressed but stable etc

good luck

Kikekidney got butthurt that he wasn't stealing as much money as Shenna and Crogge. So in order to make profit himself he blew the whistle on what everyone already knew, that Shenna and Crogge were working with the chinks to sell characters, items, and gold.

Kikekidney essentially stole the server from them and rehosted it himself a few days later. Reddit started praising him for some reason even though anyone with half a brain knows that the only thing that has changed is who is profiting off of their incompetence. Elysium gave up on trying to get the old server running themselves and launched a fresh realm that has a couple thousand people playing it.

Now the old Elysium server is rebranded as Lights Hope or lightbringer or some shit and it's running like it was before if you want to play, same account and everything.

>everyst which is new, low pop but has great features

What great features? They back peddled on every single feature that people were interested in. VPN's aren't banned. There are no region bans in place. There is no cross-faction communication. Shared quest loot is completely pointless as it's only useful if there are people on the server to actually quest with in the first place.

Please tell me what "great feature" Everyst has.

>launched a fresh realm that has a couple thousand people playing it.
not playing concurrently however

Whether you believe their numbers or not there are likely 1500+ concurrent players on that server usually. A lot of people are actually playing there. Not that I'm advocating it, there's really no point in playing there over chinks hope. But if you want a fresh server desperately that's the only place where you'll be able to raid.

what makes everyst great
>bans non english speakers
>banned almost as many hackers as they have off-peak players
>first layer of regionlock is already in place, more to come
>gm logs almost done
>buffed raids
>shared quest loot is fucking awesome dont care what you say
>x-faction communication:thank god they didnt add this
>free speech no pottu
>no fags like you play on there yet, just friendly ppl who speak english and are having a good time

1000-1500 sure but that's not "a couple thousand"
they barely broke 2k at launch even with all the bots

This. As someone who never wants to step foot into MC or see another player in the world I can personally confirm that I love Everyst.

>he thinks he wants the high pop server

do yourself a favor and just roll everyst and thank me later when you come to your senses

lightbringer is miserable desu :(

You have your own thread. Fuck off with trying to bait people into playing your dead server.

literally see ppl all the time and all the guilds are serious about raiding and recruiting

enjoy ur russian based economy-trashed ex-crogge server

-PLEASE- stop leaving for Everyst

>LFM heal for DME jump run
>thorium res

Kill yourself.

level 53 druid, should i buy a twig of the world tree to finish leveling with and keep me satisfied at 60 for a little or is there other good alternatives i can get easily from dungeons and questing

>mfw evermeme is now real and has gutted this thread

HAHAHAHA

Real dead

lets say i just wanted to do the most dps in dungeons as a mage while leveling. do i go frost or fire?

Arcane is OP while leveling

So I'm trying to find a server to play on. Nighthaven just opened and I'm playing there, but there seems to be so much damn drama going on. What server is best for comfy play? I want to level and have people to play with, but not be ganked endlessly by 60s.

>blames transmogs as one of the reasons for retail dying
>cant even go afk without putting on a deviate/noggenfogger costume
Wow really makes me think

whats your argument?

Don't buy that literal trash. Go solo Gnomer and get crowd pumbler if you're that desperate.

Yeah you posted this bait yesterday my man.

did they not script the three charges

*dartols rod*

ITS NOT THE SAME THING AAAAAAAA FUCKKING RETAIL FAGS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>198110963
>replying to your own post

user..

You're a fucking druid, your weapon doesnt matter at all. A green STR weapon will give you more DPS than that piece of shit

>took you this long to inspect element

lmfao, retailfags everyone

omg im so full lol
wonder where to poop.. OH WAIT im wearing diapies!! ^_^
gonna start pushing wish me luck

can anyone tell these fucking retards to stop ganking in felwood/burning steppes/searing gorge 24/7

just told them, they will retreat and never do it again

liar