/niohg/ Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

i am stuck on sword centipede man

Living weapon. This was the first boss I used living weapon on because I couldn't kill him without it because he's an aim botting, super armor, piece of shit.

>no one gestures to the Nurikabe

I am here

Can anyone tell me why there is sometimes when pressing buttons and why the game goes in slow mo despite the fps saying 60?

Anybody wanna kill Centipede Man and tag team Yukimura/Sasuke in WotN Twilight PC?

Oops. Meant sometimes delay.

>aim botting
lmao just sprint sideways
>super armor
he's a fucking yokai, no large yokai is staggered by hits until you deplete their ki you chump

I'm here to kill demons not make friends.

>Stacking sprint speed
Look at this shitter. I bet you made sure you had 200+ toughness and 100% firearms damage reduction.

Would you change anything about this sword?
I'm not completely sure about disabled parry and weaken armor.

way to fucking read, you illiterate fuck
base sprint speed is easily enough

Eh you can take or leave those two. Weaken weapon is better for survival but you're in light armor so it might not make that big a difference.

Parry disabled is probably okay, but you can already high stance someone that's blocking so that's a thing.

What leg/foot gear looks good with the Warlord torso armor?

Sprint speed isn't an effect you can stack.

And why wouldn't anybody give themselves two immensely useful advantages? Do you play without a weapon and armor?

>And why wouldn't anybody give themselves two immensely useful advantages? Do you play without a weapon and armor?
Becasue not everybody is a min-maxing, no fun allowed twink? You're the kind of person that thinks if you're not using 1kat with very specific stats to have the exact amount you need to be immune to everything, you're not playing the game right.

The face of autism, everyone.

Weaken armor is worth keeping. I'd replace parry disabled with cc ki reduction.

>Becasue not everybody is a min-maxing, no fun allowed twink?
Anybody who's reached WotN and has given no thought to build optimization openly enjoys suffering.

>Implying you can't play the game at higher difficulties without minmaxing the way you want to minmax

Max run speed is fun as fuck though.

hearty kek
do you even understand what kind of game you're playing
I bet you're still on wots

Minmaxing is still minmaxing. You're making the game easier by optimizing to negate or trivialize certain hazards either way.

Do you realize this is either bait or a guy who hasn't gone past WotD tops?
You're meant to min-max in the higher difficulties, it's pretty obvious. That's all I'll say.

>I bet you're still on wots
yeah I realized

Anyone?
Maybe it's to do with the fps cap?

Can you really call it min-maxing when you have 750 levels (with 1000 bonus levels) to work with? This game is more like max-maxing.

Yes, because you don't minmax your base stats. You minmax weapon, armor and set/grace effects.

It's more min-maxing with gear rather than stats. You can easily get all the stats via levels you'll ever need.

how can i dispel slow?
shit is nuts i hate it

sacred ash

ded thred

Oh my God I hate Raven Tengu so much

>try to learn attack timings and patterns of the boss
>keep dying
>just go and mongo his ass to death in 15 seconds
is this the best way to play?

Carnage + Steel or Leeching + Rejuvenation?

>faggot shit revenant with tonfa deals more damage than me with light fucking attacks in low stance
odachi is unredeemable trash

you're irredeemable trash, l2p

I did not enjoy this fight one bit

fuck off faggot
i literally played whole game with odachi up to WotN
it's shit

funny, I cleared wotn and got up to floor 122 of the abyss with it
maybe you should dedicate the effort you've put into crying about it to improving instead

i probably can do that too
but 1-2kat or kusa or w/e is marginally better
i have no idea why the damage output is so fucking low when it's supposed to be the opposite

post stats, effects and set bonuses

What's the best odachi to craft? I assume I want a non set bonus one for a grace, maybe

Thinking about that kigetsu one, but I like to run all heavy armor.

>owatatsumi
I'm starting to see some indications of the issue here
which other graces are you loaded up with

also weaken armor (torso) is more useful than weaken melee

Should probably use another Odachi. Monohoshizao is my preferred.

i don't have any graces, as you see i'm still using the regular sets and i didn't finish the WotN yet

i can craft it but i can't go past floor30 in abyss yet
>weaken torso
how much dmg is that

See Though the Smithing Text is in a somewhat secret mission. It's from Ganryu in one of the DLCs.

The last time I played Nioh was shortly after the second DLC came out, I think. Whichever DLC added the otachi to the game.
How much have I missed?

Do they have iframes on their moves or are their hitboxes just horrible? So many times I'll attack them and it'll just phase right through them.

that was the first dlc

you've missed a new weapon, two new difficulty levels, a new rarity tier and a not-so-endless dungeon mode

Sounds like now would be a good time to get back into the swing of things.

please do, the ps4 needs repopulating so I can get more umbracite

tfw cheese most human bosses in WotN/Abyss with paralysis traps and sign of the cross

think im going to respec since I feel like I'm not even playing the game

maybe I'll try (non LW) odachi

>boss has permaslow 1 min on every attack and it stays even after quick-change
wow nice work Team Ninja

get clear status effects on block on your armor

Is no one co oping at the moment? Can't summon anyone.

Just confuse them
Throw firebombs, use an element talisman and poke at them until you proc it.

do i need to defile before last boss or at the start of run?

gimme a hug, man

Floor 1 - Defile here
Floor 2
Floor 3
Floor 4 - exit here

It's only really worth defiling past floor 30

GIVE YOUR GRANDMA A KISS

Platform, difficulty?

also you draw from a different pool of graces depending on where you exit

the youngblood set is nice but why doesnt the veteran set get any love? its in the opening of the game

that's weird
i posted earlier that i defiled on like floor 7 and past 20 i tested what kind of result i'll get
results were all the same with very very few etheral items

floors 21-30 are scaled to wotw and have a comparatively reduced ethereal yield rate

All ninjutsu, onmyo and lw cheesers as well as all Iai cheaters take note: this is what a quality build looks like in Nioh.

>99
Shut the fuck up and come back when you've got two stats at 200, bitchboi.

The version we get is scratched and burned to fuck, and also suffers from Floating Shoulderpads™

Bitch you do sub 5k damage and dont have a single stat to 200.

Stay in WotD shitter.

so after 30 floor results are actually different and you can savescum after last boss?

I had more fun in WoTD than I did in WoTW or WoTN.

t. lw weapon user

Deeply, truly and sincerely, user: thank you.

You've just perfectly illustrated how everyone who smugly declares how certain playstyles are cheating are scrubs on lukewarm difficulties who haven't even hit the point where real build optimization is a necessity. Now we can all move forward with this knowledge in mind.

Rejuvenation doesn't really help with leeching, if you really want you HP back try putting a HP absorb on hit mod on your wep.

PC, WotD

>Waaaah, you got stats maxed out, you must be a lw user.

>Bring up the most useless argument over a pve arpg like it actually means a damn
I bet you money you dont even own the game.

I can still hop on if you want

Are any of the dlc worth getting for this game if I thought the main campaign was mediocre? I'm not expecting the combat to be different, but more interesting story, characters, new enemy types rather than same ones repeatedly, interesting environments worth exploring or just more bland caves and whatnot?

>be some Iai cheesing faget
>hurr you don't do nothing personnel over 9999999 dmg
damn you are so delusional you don't even realize how pathetic you are, bet you can't even flux

>the results are actually different
in the sense that you virtually have a 100% chance of getting ethereals if you get the defilement counter on your items to 3, yes

graces always come from pools that repeat every 3 floors even between floors 21-30

>I can still hop on if you want
It's cool. I managed to cheese Yukimaru with LW. Blue Dragon is a pretty good spirit.

The DLCs are fighting mostly human enemies after the first one so... up to you.

Yeah its almost great too. Kato still edges it out on CCA, but basicly nothing has wind resist

DLCs are the best and hardest part of the game so yes

>it's ok to be a subhuman lw cheeser that never learned how to dodge

I can't wait until you reach WotN and realize your "quality build" is hot garbage.

>basicly nothing has wind resist
except for the most pain-in-the-ass bosses in the game

Isn't it kind of bad design though? You can go up to all difficulties using pretty much any build you want, but in WoTN only a few builds actually work.

I made my tank build work but fucking hell it was a slog and more frustrating than it should have been. Only because I was determined to make it work.

>Its ok to make projections to an user who literally plays the game like NG:B for shits and giggles

Mate, you get to the point where you got good enough to beat the abyss and explore several avenues of playing the game, and pick it up on two platforms. Cheeseing the game becomes unnecessary at that point

You'll get there at some point. Or not considering you are here just to mindless shitpost.

Hence the basically

I guess I don't mind same enemy types as long as there's some variation in how you fight them. I guess my primary qualm with the game was that it felt too repetitive to me both in terms of gameplay and visual/level design. Some of the dlc trailers look more interesting to me, but can't really know just by a few minutes of footage.

Not really, since if WotN is basically the designated "I'm willing to make whatever concessions I have to in order to win" difficulty.

It's no secret that the game is a gruelling lootgrind by that stage, and past a certain point the only way you're going to get through levels without treating every large yokai like a mini-boss is to focus everything on improving your highest available means of damage output. If you get that far, you have to adapt or accept that the game will make you suffer for going against the grain. The game really has much more in common with Diablo than Souls in that respect.

Side note, I will admit that it's something of a disappointing curveball to realize that what worked for you previously isn't going to work for you any more. I'm saying what I'm saying because user is a smug shit who hasn't even progressed far enough to understand why people use the tactics he's deriding.

HOW DO YOU OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR

FUCKING BATH HOUSE

Yeah, the DLC difficulties are shit. They did everything in their power to stop people from being able to play defensive builds, but did nothing to stop offensive builds from just oneshotting/stunlocking everything.

drop down onto the rafters and look for a hole in the wall

>They did everything in their power to stop people from being able to play defensive builds
>baww why isn't this game more like souls
There are still several ways to play defensively in WotW and beyond as long as your definition of "defensive" is broader than "lets me facetank everything".