pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
Crawl tourney starts Jan 5
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-and-0-21-tournament-release-info

New Sil fork out.
github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/releases

ADOM r81 released for free, get it here (!!!includes star sign selection!!!)
adom.de/home/downloads.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:
roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, yes even with slex)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wZ4S4Ipvbbs
crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/SolarFlare/SolarFlare.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What roguelikes do Americans play?

youtube.com/watch?v=wZ4S4Ipvbbs

Watch this shit you fucking faggots

Can you guys fuckin chill?

>actually playing roguelikes
I can't believe this

I’ve got my eye on you ponyboy

You nagas can bully me until I pass out. Hopefully you guys don't make me feel so bad that we that we actually talk about roguelikes. That would be fucking terrible.

Roguelikes are fucking gay and your mumo run is weak :^}

You should definitely play a bunch of random roguelikes
you should definitely play slex while we're not mumoing, it could even be fun
Play a trollor jedi/zyborg

Rather play FIQ tbqhwyfamalamamama

dyna is fiq, but better and with prettier colors

by the way, here's the advent calendar for today

Dyna and fiq are not the same
But they are both good

Also I’m pretty sure the gift is random

It is

Also here's the comp's artifact for today
pretty horrible

Floatrand is coming back from the dead, by the way. What improvements would you like to see in poschengband-R?
Let him know!

>playing ADOM
>open a door
>get blinded
>can't cure the blindness
>tfw the last moments of my character's life was just them awkwardly stumbling through a cave and dying

>can't cure the blindness
Oh geez you mean you couldn't wait a hundred turns
that's awful man

Man i sure wish there was a kind of game that had rougelike elements but did not have permanent death and was not crazy hard....
Don't get me wrong i love almost everything about rougelike games i just hate starting all over and dieing a ton however random worlds and items with live worlds are crazy cool to me. Like take Dwarf fortress adventurer mode that game is crazy cool but also so hard it makes me rage quit all the time but god if the idea of cats getting drunk from beer getting on their paws for them to then clean that said beer and die from it :) Point is where are the crazy open worlds with detail that are not hard as balls?

You're not allowed to shitpost here anymore.

Thank you user.
Have the latest mumo chardump after doing offscreen work:
Tonight: Abyss!
Should be doable with our current stealth.

crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/SolarFlare/SolarFlare.txt

>want to be wizzard
>deity gives me skullcrusher
>spend rest of life smashing things instead of casting magic

oh well

You got your wish though.
You became a wizard of MUSCLES

Oh, cool. I have no specific ideas at the moment, but I'll play it so long as quality of life improvements continue to be implimented.

>character feels lust for gold
>dig to acquire shekels
>thwarted by high level slav

being a half retarded troll helps

awoo

throw ruk

pulsating orc vulvae

Kobolds are precious cinnamon rolls that must be protected at all costs.

>zero (0) arrows found after 3k turns on an archer
killing myself

PREACH

Don't trust them, this is what is inside his case

[doubt]

Would it be possible to lure a deep troll earth mage to repeatedly try to destroy a stone wall?
Would it work?
asking for a friend.

New to Sil. Same type items have different weights?
I do not welcome this addition to the list of things I need to autistically check.

yea
there is no hidden artifacts or ego weapons/armor

Apparently not.

For every lb you get a damage dice more depending on how high your str is.

Say you're using a 3 lb longsword (2d5) with 1 str. You can hit with that at best with 2d6.
with 3 str, it becomes a 2d8 weapon.
BUT
lighter weapons have a higher chance to strike criticals (1d7 shortsword crits for 2d7 and so forth for every crit), so you have to choose between big beefy dice that never get crit or small weapons that always crit.
If you want to look up how crits work, the manual is really good.

>jump in a chasm cause gotta dive
>die
I guess edain pacifists need at least 1 point of con

well I mean you're literally jumping 30 meters down
any regular man would break his neck and 0 con is the average for common edains

Thanks. Not sure if you were taking the piss or not but the manual is genuinely well written.
I'm just jumping into after the comfy ingame tutorial.Will screenshot my pitiful run if anyone is interested?

>Not sure if you were taking the piss or not but the manual is genuinely well written.
I was serious, sil's manual is really well written.
And its tutorial is really well done too. Most people can't beat it at the first try.
Please by all means post your run! We are starved for new content.

Did I fuck up already?

>putting points in all skills

yes.
Also you should play sil-q, the less bullshit version that just came out that you can find in the OP.

You want to prioritize melee and evasion always, never put points into archery unless you've got a bow already , edains are basically hard mode so you're extremely heterosexual in that regard, smithing and song are not worth your time unless you know what you're doing (in sil, more useful in -q) and perception is nearly useless in the first levels when you could be putting those points in not dying to the dudes and hitting the dudes.
You're gonna need at least 4 per for alchemy though but that's just when you find a bunch of items you want to identify (IDing items gives you 100 xp so it basically pays itself)
other than that prioritize dex and con when starting out, don't be afraid to go with 0 grace since you're not going to smith or sing shit.
1 str is okay if you're going with a light weapons build and know what you're doing (they're good as heck in sil but people who don't know what skills to get usually die a lot before it becomes super good) so it's a good idea to start with 2 str.

Yeah. Playing Edains as a beginner is inadvisable. 1/4/2/2 is a harder Edain build, better to take 3 con and then whatever else. You want to be training a lot of melee and evasion early on unless you are doing a pacifist. Don't train smithing or song except to get to breakpoints.

Are bodies of 'water' all functionally the same or do they have a hidden cleanliness stat?
Because I've been drinking out of an indoor swimming pool by the gallon and it hasn't poisoned me yet.

Yeah I did. I opened the door to the second room on the first dungeon level to 3 orcs and a blue serpent. Tried to stealth my way back out but no joy. Nothing like a roguelike to dump a load on your ambitions but that is spectacularly bad even by my standards.
I've played enough to know that ain't typical, but not enough to not fall for the playing as a 10 year old girl meme.
Thanks for build tips,will try again in a couple of mins with something more attune to early survival. Will check out Sil-q in time, just getting back into it as the last roguelike I played was Dungeon Crawl.... before Stone Soup was a thing.

>less bullshit
I think you meant to say less hard

Also you wouldn't bother with archery? I've found that I tend to pick up a bow within a couple of floors, but you wouldn't rate getting a early leg up on the character build?

On an elf you can grab a few points, get rout for finishing fleeing enemies, on other races grabbing a stack of throwing weapons saves you some xp and its good enough until your inventory is full

he's playing reggie sil not quirksil

Yeah forgot, I still dont put anything in archery on edains and dorfs in normal Sil

>I've been drinking out of an indoor swimming pool by the gallon
user

Playing with better starting stats certainly makes reckless play easier to fall in to. Some things in roguelikes never change. Really liking the change from the old fashioned doorway dancing, and letting an enemy chase you around while you heal up seems like a more dangerous prospect in Sil.
Picked up some Gloves of the Forge, an item I'm sure every new player covets.

So it sounds like Sil-q is preferred then?

They do. You should be vomiting rainbows by now

>100'
>min depth 200'
H-how
you're not supposed to camp the stairs for enemies to spawn and kill them
yeah sil hasn't updated in two years and sil-q is a new variants that fixes many dumb things.

I've just cleared 100ft and haven't been down the stairs yet.
The depth thing must be a bug? I assumed it meant something that I don't understand. My hymen remains fully intact, gents.

It means that you're going to take a staircase and you're going to fall down to 200' instead of 150'.
It's essentially a time clock so you can't scum.
Usually by the time you're reaching 100', the second level, you're still in the 50' range, 100' at best (can't go one floor up).
How many thousands of turns have you spent there?

Sounds like a good feature. Can't see anything to see how long I've been here, spent a little bit of time trying to keep some wolves shut behind a door while took on the orcs, and failing to pick locks, and making sure I'm always on max health before doing anything.
Duly noted.Will smash on...

It might be a bug, I don't remember the clock ticking so horribly fast.

pay attention and read, you needed to wipe your face

@ to show up character screen, there's the turncount

Didn't take many turns for my punishment. Opened first door to find orc soldiers, decided to take them on straight away forgetting then can plough through the doorway around each other. Fall back to another door to find another orc camped behind it in the corridor. The only potion I was carrying was not healing.
Am I missing something on the character sheet to show turns on current depth, or is it just something I should keep an eye on?

Still getting to grips with how enemies spawn in the dungeon. At least I didn't die from orcs piling up the stairs again...

murky brown pots are always orcish liquor which will heal and stun you for a while

According to that chart, slex is a roguelike.

enemies are really smart in sil most of the time. Archers will stay away and turn you into a porcupine while retreating, orcs and other monsters will try to swarm you (you get a penalty for having more than one monster adjacent to you and they get a bonus).
They're mean fuckers.

That doesn’t mean you should play it

Slex is indeed a roguelike, but I mean arguably so is ADoM and so is Omega.

how did this chart misplace Elona using it's own logic?

Don't.

*sweating intensifies*
Morgy is the room with the silent watcher, I hope he doesnt notice me

He didnt
Also securing a path to the stairs with _warding was a good idea I think, like 6 monsters came down from it

GO SON GO

Smart idea.

>Tfw even Hearthstone is a roguelike now

Pls no bully

>one (1) quickness left
PANIC

Stairscumming is too easy for the ascent, especially with song of delvings. If I see Morgoth or hear him sing I just go back down and up again

I have a bad feeling that Carcharoth will murder me.

just quaff all your pots and lorien him

Is there a reason why you're not wearing "con at all times?

A rauko came down the upstairs when I was standing on it and almost got me, but Lorien too strong

Yeah the usual plan
But first LOOTING TIME

Its not helping my stealth or songs, I keep it just in case I need to do something dangerous like wake up a monster to move it.

DO NOT LOOT

Oh uh
Nevermind
I guess staying on the stairs for 1 turn was indeed a fault

>NOT
>WEARING
>"CON

That wouldnt have helped much desu

Jesus Christ the game is so much harder with haste gone. There's nothing to counteract status form now, I feel like I'm never gonna 15 runes my octopode.

Rememeber we got two 13 runing mumos.
Of course the second died in hubris but it's the thought that counts.

Statue form is still strong without haste. Stop being a faggot.

lmfao
You don't HAVE to cast statue form my dude.

>You don't HAVE to cast statue form my dude.
well I like not dying to a net

IDK how you consider nets a threat on a 15 rune character which can presumably invest enough XP to cast level 8 or 9 spells.

2 hours until the fistening.

Only if you're between it and the wall. Maybe they're coded to not destroy vault walls too?

What is your favourite roguelike, /rlg/?

slex

thomas biskup found dead in his home of apparent suicide

He kicked the stairs one too many times.

My anus is prolapsed and prepared.

Shut the fuck up Amy

> three (3) gunshot wounds to the back of the head
Truly a tragedy. How will we recover

Probably nethack

>its real
Damn bros where do we go from here?

Same place we always go.

Down.