/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Chicken ain't got no flavor edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+, can preload RIGHT NOW
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/9: youtube.com/watch?v=DW2SAnxOBCM
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

-MH:Stories available on Android and iOS in Japan
↳Website: mh-stories.jp/app/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

who /fast/ here

GREATEST SWORD

So how's that demo going ? what did you like and/or what do you want to see ion the full release ? How's the graphics/framerate ?

ITS FUCKING AWESOME OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD

Whats the requirement to get the mounting phial burst? Do I have to have the initial stab hit a weak point? Also I wish the end achievements would show everyones damage numbers+weapon so I can see how I do everyone.

4FcADuKkuTis

Lets go hunt the Anjanath

tfw no pc release date

pinkwojak.png

Graphics are good, there are noticeable framerate dips on the ps4 base. But bot too bad, think 3ds.

>Radial menu disallows camera movement when selecting stuff

Turned that shit off real fast.

Unironically GOTY tier

Why is the UI so garbage? Why do we need damage numbers? It plays okay but it looks like mmo shit.

Huntresses

>lance
how does the accelerating sprint feel

Graphics are muddy and the draw distance is low. Framerate is fucking trash.

Not that it matters since PC is coming.

PSA

CHANGE DASH TO L3 ONLY AND SWITCH R2 WITH R1

yeah in 2019

>kill anja in 9 minutes solo
>get down to the last two minutes with two others
i dont understand

>set your quest as public
>get upset when pubs join and tell them to leave
Lmao holy shit

Gimme your honest impressions /mhg/, how good/bad is MHW?

>Nine Carts

Why tho

Online hunts have always had more hp user this is nothing new

Feels buttery smooth. Doesn't kick in for a few seconds so you're not going to be using it unless you're chasing after a monster that's running away.

Gameplay is like I expected. Performance is so-so, unfortunately. Ultimately, that doesn't matter much to me since I'll be playing mainly on my PC once it comes out.

How's performance?

lucc

Needs work

but it took literally twice as long

>die 6 times
>fail because of time runs out
I guess karting is still something you should avoid because the quest timer is only like 20 minutes

i love it. everything i could have wanted

it's okay I guess

>need to wait another year
What the fuck! How will I avoid being spoiled on the rich plot!

Speak for yourself, I'll find a way.

fucking crapcom
>post E3 videos
>Looks at all this shit!
>beta
>can't see shit, gotta hunt fast
I guess I can git gud...

I'm on PS4 slim, it's not great.

>the demo's too easy!
Start the great jagras quest at the ancient forest camp (17). Go to the peak. The cuck of the skies is a bit different to usual.

Welcome to monster hunter

Don't worry the G game will fix everything. Maybe we will even get XX to fill the time between then

good
I'm hyped

Glaive fags report in

>how easy it is to mount
>kinsect noticeably faster than before with no upgrades

This is /our game/ brehs

>I'm on PS4 slim, it's not great.
Go on

Liked it a lot. Going to pick it up for the PC for sure. The demo is obviously hamstrung to fuck so it's not really a fair representation of the final game yet, but I liked what I saw.
Pretty different to regular monhun though, I've got to wonder if all the shit that had infinite uses in the demo will still have them in the full release.

>Why do we need damage numbers?
Because otherwise you'd just go look up which bit of the monster you were meant to be hitting on a wiki anyway. You can probably turn them off, I haven't bothered looking because they're completely unobtrusive.

Plays fine. New mechanics mostly fun. Palico gets a fucking adorable little dinghy when he's in deep water now.

Is MH's fate the same as /DSG/'? As in, a wider audience get to taste its sweet nectar and comfy threads of old are a thing of the past and we're right in the usual /v/ baitpost and shitpost territory? We had a good run, /mhg/.

Rathalos lobby?

For a game coming out next month I'm worried.

I'm on PS4 slim and it's not lagging at all

Nothing that's convinced me not to buy it so far.

I am enjoying it. I just feel like there's way too much going on on the screen and the performance is pretty bad for what I expected.

Hit boxes are better than ever, Diablos's hipcheck didn't hit when he slid right past me, must have missed me by an inch.

Also I timed out on him lol

Looks awesome. Too bad my old piece of shit ps4 can't handle it very well when there are multiple monsters on the screen. I like how heavy the combat feels. The targeting and camera is sometimes pretty bad. It's a big problem that you can't use items with the weapon out. In my opinion there's too many animations. Half the time the character is doing stuff I have no control over like holding his head or tumbling on the ground. Definitely not ready to buy it next month. It needs some work still.

Because?

It's freaking amazing.

4u still brought in the worst kiddies and shitposters. It's going to get worse, but it hasn't been good for a long time.

Is the beta PC or no?

You get 9 carts only in the demo. Devs already said 3 for release version.

this m8 we finally made it

>random Rahtalos encounter

mmm

single player

Yes, Available in 2019

>This is my first monster hunter!
this is adorable

Was using the Hammer and I did this running then jumping spin attack

What are the buttons for it? Havent been able to do it since

In three days the threads will be dead again til release, then it'll be like this for two weeks following release. Generals for PC games go through this hell every time there's a steam sale, so we might end up with that once it's out on PC. Things generally stabilise soon afterward though. Souls is an unusual case for a variety of reasons, but so many things are lauded as "the dark souls of _____" now that the fact that World is receiving similar media treatment isn't something most shitters are going to bat an eye at.

Could this be 2018s GOTY?

I'd say it's tough to judge a demo like this if you're a veteran monster hunter.

I remember the days back when I first got Tri and thought it an accomplishment to take down a Great Jaggi.
Now they're a common creep that takes at most a minute to kill cause I know what I'm doing.
MH has always been about becoming more skilled at the game rather than pure stat boosting or anything like that, so once you got it, you tend to keep it between games.

Need to see what the mid/late game of World has to offer to really see if it'll be any kind of challenge or fun.

>4U
>not 3U

The absolute state of "n-not next month" pissbabies who want them to take ANOTHER year to fix all of their perceived faults. The world doesn't revolve around you, don't buy the game. The real fans of the series will be fine without you.

That required people to own a wiiu or solo the 3ds version.
Far less players and vocal cancer.

This is /v/ dummy. Idiots shitposting is the norm. Really enjoyed the demo although the much shorter timer (demo thing) is a bit annoying, I wanted to try out more things to screw around with without resetting. Reminds me a lot of 3rd, my favourite in the series.

nice bait

The HUD is garbage, I can barely tell what my health is

I want actual shills to leave.

>This is /v/ dummy
No it isn't.

7sdQeiZ6BDXP

Barroth hunt, let's go

>NPCs speak perfect english
I'm not used to this

I want people who don't like MH to leave

The game feels easy now because after 20 years of it being a shitty controls handheld piece of garbage it's back on home consoles, which makes it 100x easier to control.

Who the hell uses anything besides the katana? The jump attack is fucking op and looks anine as fuck. I love it.

So leave

good thing you're playing a demo from 6 months ago

So, which one of you brave souls will be the one to upload some Heavy Bowgun footage from the beta? Because every cuck on twitch is either Greatsword or fucking Switch Axe. Christ I'd take some dual blades footage for some VARIETY.

Also, PC version's doomed to be dead which makes me sad.

It's not great, but I guess I'm in the minority. The game feels really messy. Gone is the back and forth between monster and hunter, and instead it's just kind of a spamfest. The Jagras died before it could hit me, the barroth ran away every 30 seconds, and the anjanath.... I didn't get to fight it much, I was too busy fending off the 3 other monsters.

Is it possible to kill the other monsters that jump in too?

>that feelerino when PC is gonna be the definitive edition

You can change the voice language to whatever you want, including the MonHun nonsense language.

For the hunters Bow do I want attack, stamina, or critical eye?

*loves you in Monhanese*

>katana

>PC version's doomed to be dead
What

>hunt anjanath with an user
>20 seconds left when he dies
that was surprisingly intense

I only noticed real framerate drops when I bring down the charged hammer and stun them

tfw cart twice with anons

And what was added in those six months that's not reflected in this beta?

Because?

Yeah but you don't get anything for it because beta

if bow is like mainline and there's no dash juice you probably want stamina shit

otherwise attack is typically better than critical eye but that may have changed with world

This is shit that is always in MH demos, they scale down the monsters health and damage.
>can drink a potion immediately after you get hit
This one is just plain wrong, since it heals over time now instead of instantly you have to walk while healing now, you cant just run around popping instant heals you have to wait till one finishes to start drinking another, so standing up and drinking after being hit means you are standing up and walking instead of running.

Odachi? It's basically a huge katana so what?

what else should I use besides hammer

switch axe is so much fun now that you need to actually use axe mode. I just need to figure out how to get the phial burst climb to go off.

Fine tuned demo.

> Have to visit granparents on the other side of the country
> Won't be able to get home until late Monday night
H-have fun for me, /mhg/ T.T

>what was added in this last 6 months
woops didnt realize i replied to bait

Go back to where you came from

can't say I like the direction they took it in, but it's not inherently bad
it really shows that they want the western audience hard

Gimme weapon impressions, what changed, what for the better/worse?
Mains only please.