/simg/: A FUCKING BIPLANE edition

>DCS: Do not buy M-2000C and NTTR and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.

>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher is a replacement for stock BMS launcher including key/axis mapping feature. It can configure and save BMS SETUP per Joysticks. When you launch BMS through this app, it auto generates proper setup files and overwrites them for current device order before BMS find them changed and initialize your setup.
>TL;DR: Your pain setting up controls is over

>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Falcon 4 and BMS 4.33U3 setup
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in (embed)

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX (embed)

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE (embed)

>Strike Fighters 2 For Dummies
pastebin.com/M5JQ2S7A (embed)

>Autism corner
mega.nz/#F!348iRBxC!UwZ7fEhKS8ASAGRYKSHzeQ
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP (embed)

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf (embed)

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

Other urls found in this thread:

facebook
youtu.be/tygG6vq6h58?t=1m8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Because if you don't know how to fly your plane, you're going to get schooled by the people who can.
and why should i care? im having fun all the time i throw my darts at people and i get shot down too so what? it's a multi.
>waa waa there are people who aren't as autistic as i am waa waa why they are playing game different then me?
>THEY CAN'T GET AWAY WITH IT

I'm still mad

I want this. I need this.

this time i wont be able to shitpost, i'll just watch
im downloading 2.2 + nevada with my 3rd world internet so i wont be able to join the thread at all for a day or 2

t. :) and ? guy

>and why should i care? im having fun all the time i throw my darts at people and i get shot down too so what? it's a multi.
Why should you care that you're not any good and you're getting rocked in the game because you haven't taken the ten minutes to play the tutorials?
Are you fucking serious or pretending to be retarded?

i'm having fun, you're going to ban me from having fun becasue i'm happy i play with arcade tier navigation in sim?
a little spoiler alert: if you'd do that to everybody like me DCS would've died before first modules would've been released

Enjoy flying your favorite slavplanes on 2.2 :)

>Why should you care that you're not any good and you're getting rocked in the game because you haven't taken the ten minutes to play the tutorials?
i don't care, you do for whatever the reason
do you also come to strangers' houses to see how they live and screech at them if they don't live same way you do?

guy is having fun why should you care? even if he's retarded and not using full power of the sim? you seem bothered for some stupid reason like honestly? why do you care how other people play?

not this but the one hes responding to because im still not sure how to reply to other threads

its not that i dont want to learn it, i cant because none of the planes have the things and/or the tutorials are shit. thankes for being nice thou

dont. test. me

I want it so bad bros

Check the polychop facebook

>players are asking for some vehicle should we make it?
>no just make biplane

>i'm having fun, you're going to ban me from having fun becasue i'm happy i play with arcade tier navigation in sim?
I'm going to call you fucking retarded for not having played the tutorials.

The F-15C has navigation tutorials in the single player mode specifically geared at the compass and the omnibearing selector.
It has three whole tutorials aimed at using the gauges in your cockpit.

Play them.

>i don't care that i'm fucking dogshit
Then why are you replying?
>guy is having fun why should you care?
I don't. I find it odd that someone would come to Veeky Forums just to proclaim "I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE AT THIS GAME BUT I'M HAVING FUN SO FUCK YOU TRYING TO TELL ME THAT I'M SHIT"
Why would anyone even come to an anonymous imageboard for the purposes of screaming how awful they are and how little they care about getting better?

i m o desu that's some next-level projection.

>The F-15C has navigation tutorials in the single player mode specifically geared at the compass and the omnibearing selector.
ok but why waste that time when i can press f10 and know everything i need to know in 5 seconds?

> no we did not spend any resources on any civil helicopter yet. It was just a question caused by curiosity. We talked about civil helicopters but decided to not go into DCS with them in first place. There are others sims out there for them

Wow, it's almost as if some devs have some braincells.

at lest they're fucking asking if people would want civilian heli in game.
(good thing almost every answer is no)

>ok but why waste that time when i can press f10 and know everything i need to know in 5 seconds?
What if the campaign you're playing on has poor visibility? Bad weather? Maybe doesn't even let you use F10 at all?

Isn't it a worry knowing that if you can't see the runway because you only fly visually, you will need to eject?

>Maybe doesn't even let you use F10 at all?
i don't play missions or on servers that don't allow you 3rd person view or f10
problem solved
>Isn't it a worry knowing that if you can't see the runway because you only fly visually, you will need to eject?
i just press couple buttons tly fly by ILS and boom
another problem solved

>People think Polychop isn't in full-on damage control mode
This isn't a smart move, this is a backdown.
This is damage control made manifest.

Hi LNIDF.

I think its a fucking money grabbing trick.
>Hey guys,we have this heli (FM is far from perfect),we can modify it in like 1 month, and get 30 bucks
>Thats an wonderful idea,maybe the faggots who defend CE2 will buy our shit too

they wanted to make civi gazelle and make quick cash from it i can guarantee you but after the flop of that prop they relaised how pissed people would be
I can fucking gurantee that civilian gazele is at some point of being ready they're just never going to release it

Not him but the gauges tell you things that the HUD does not. like the slip indicator, or the variometer.
Ever been trying to land and you suddenly get misaligned from the runway despite being on a perfect glideslope just seconds before? The slip indicator would have told you.

The plane was made with you being able to read those gauges in mind. HUD is only for information that you can't plan for. Gauges are for everything else.

otherwise you're going to crash more than you land.

2.2 is pure fucking sex

>i don't play missions or on servers that don't allow you 3rd person view or f10
Great.
>i just press couple buttons tly fly by ILS and boom
So you DO know how to land with ILS.
The person I was talking to didn't even know how to do that.

but i want to learn how to do it properly, the f15 doesnt do clicks
Every planes does it differently, why cant i just give it the tacan/vor then ils and just land? Im not even sure if i could get that right but with every plane doing it differently i dont even know how to start.
I want to be able to land at any airfield on the map in zero visibility without f10.

wait they they've been making different militarily variants for free and now they want to charge $30 for one that adds nothing?

>noice
Enjoy the Zulu OC.

You want to know something spooky? Zero visibility isn't a thing in military aviation, the closest they'll do it is 1 mile.

>The person I was talking to didn't even know how to do that.
im the same person as i just press f1 few times, auto pilot and boom i land with magical radar beam to the airport, and when im in the air and i need to know where i am i press f10

They looked so naked

First faggot to score a MP A2A ramming kill in a CE2 gets to be an elitist cunt forever.

>but i want to learn how to do it properly, the f15 doesnt do clicks
It does navigation, though.
It still gives you bearings to airports.
You can still use navigation mode to navigate to an airport.
And the datalink on the HUD in navigation mode gives your relative distance to an airport.

If you mean TACAN, then yeah. The F-15C module we have doesn't do TACAN. You may want to consider getting the Mirage if you want to know more about it.

Well, one has a hellfire rack and a rocket pod on.

The real question is how the CE2 will be implemented into blueflag

>i just press f1 few times, auto pilot and boom i land with magical radar beam to the airport, and when im in the air and i need to know where i am i press f10
So you don't know how to fly the plane, is what you're saying.
Great.
IMO This is going to bite you in the ass when the Hornet comes out. Hornet players will have to know exactly how their plane flies, so they're going to rock you. Keep that in mind when you're running for your life from people who know how to mask their radar signature and understand things like radar elevation and aspect angles.

hey does anybody know what the fuck is Iberic Simulations?
they're making a fucking tornado for DCS
pic verymuch related
facebook com/Iberic-Simulations-1876019605951835/?hc_ref=ARTJpG3i146GSKm3Cio0jmGW7ZobJvNjVPhZgIQP8bbq9ZMxo4zO3BKpx7fmBP3QTVY
one of their vidoes is animations for russian carrier so im guessing that Tornado is also for DCS but fuck me there have literally 0 information just photos

>i just let the magic autopilot fly the plane and boom its all done, i don't need to learn how to fly
10 bux you'll be crying on this very same basket-weaving forum about how the F-14 need to be nerfed a week after it comes out.

Being an actual pilot is great because ypu immeditely know how to navigate pretty much every airplane in DCS, and can figure out how to not land terribly in one or two tries.

Then you can easily focus on understanding the combat systems while still being competent.

>F-14 need to be nerfed a week after it comes out.
im gonna buy it because muh top gun so no and im still gonna use magic ILS beam and f10

I want to do it thou, doing a landing without seeing anything sounds cool.

I do have the mirage, the whole projected runway thing is nice... What i want is to just look at the map (or f10), point at an airport and land there without looking outside. Can the mirage do that? I mean ILS too, not just typin in the coordinates in the nav.

>itt dumb people who haven't memorised the map well enough to know exactly where they are without needing navigation noob aids

I barely actually play dcs lol

i don't own any modules just fly in su-25t for 5 minutes and then quit lol

>being an actual pilot
>babysitting garmin for hours
no thanks

i never actaully out figured how to install dcs lol

Nigga I don't even own a pc. I just strapped a cardboard prop to my office chair

at least chink jet is coming along nicely

I'm starting to think they put the whole engineering team of the plane behind the development of the ingame model

is the chink army planning to use DCS as a testing platform to compare the plane to western aircrafts ?

>implying chinks haven't already used DCS as a base for simulations of their aircrafts agains west

which planes ?

anything western so f15, f5, mirage etc

yes but you said "their" aircrafts, there are no chink planes ingame, the only they could have used is the mig-21 as they copied it massively

they also have a handful of Su-27s

>there are no chink planes ingame
and who says they couldn't develop their planes into the game but not release them?

why would they release their own module now then ?

this isn't their fighter it's a joint operation between them and pakistan. Their own version of the plane could've been already developed and sitting on some private server in China. I mean if they'd really do that they could make realistic plane models in no time if they'd have support of their government, they'd have endless resources

>im gonna buy it because muh top gun so no and im still gonna use magic ILS beam and f10
You literally won't be able to because it's full fidelity, but I look forward to you getting your head out of your ass and learning how something works.

then i'll just fly on aerobatics server all the time check mate, nothing will stop me from having fun

>What i want is to just look at the map (or f10), point at an airport and land there without looking outside. Can the mirage do that?
Yup. It has a TACAN radio
ILS in the Mirage is weird because projected runway apparently doesn't work if you're putting in the runway's heading/coordinates despite the fact that it should.

You can land just fine with TACAN, though.

>I'm literally never going to learn how this thing that I spent 60 dollars on works becaues that's too hard, acrobatics for me.

Why do you even play DCS? Ace Combat General is right down the street, and you can fly the F-14 there now.

Why are you proclaiming how great it is to be a simpleton who can't play the game? How learning is for nerds and that you'll just never learn anything, but instead be a retard forever?
Is this some kind of high you're getting? A wrongness high?

No! You can't know how things actually work and understand your planes systems!

Ask /simg/!

BEING RIGHT AND EDUCATED IS AUTISTIC YOU SHOULD BE AS DUMB AS I AM

>Why do you even play DCS?
becasuei want to
> Ace Combat General is right down the street, and you can fly the F-14 there now.
becasue dcs has realistic flight models and im interested in turning all the knobs and buttons to start the plane not use a fucking mouse aim

>You can land just fine with TACAN, though.
How does that works? Doesnt tacan direct exactly on top of the airport (or wherever the beacon is, usally somewhere within the airport)?
Do i have to offset my route? Or at some distance just turn away and try to guess things? If i was flying in heavy snow and couldnt see anything, is tacan still enough?

>That entire conversation about navigation systems last thread
holy shit I thought brainless wojack was just a meme, but it's apparently the majority of posters in /simg/.
No wonder hoggit kicks our asses. Most of you haven't even played the fucking tutorials and you berate the people who have as being 'autistic'.

>last thread
we still are here u know
Pretty sure most people are just shitpostin for fun, its 4chin afterall...

Nice.

>Doesnt tacan direct exactly on top of the airport (or wherever the beacon is, usally somewhere within the airport)?
That's correct. There are usually three types of beacons on an airport: the NDB beacons at the start and end of the runway, and the TACAN at the airport itself.

Some TACAN beacons, if you look at the map, are actually at the end of the runway. Those are the beacons that you guide to in order to get onto the glideslope. NDBs are at the start and end of every runway for other aircraft to dial into them so they can use ILS.

RSBN in the Mig-21 does this. You dial into RSBN which then puts you on a glideslope to the runway.

>Do i have to offset my route?
Mostly you can just fly toward it. You'll drift slightly, but there's no reason to do calculations for that. There is a calculator for wind drift (the only kind of drift you should feel), but if you 'home' in on the beacon, you'll make it eventually.

TACAN is great because it gives ranging information. It will tell you how far away you are if you're in T/R mode (transmit/receive)

>If i was flying in heavy snow and couldnt see anything, is tacan still enough?
As long as you're in line of sight of the station, yes.
There's a range to it, but DCS has enough stations on every map to where you don't need to guess. You can just fly from beacon to beacon.

>becasue dcs has realistic flight models and im interested in turning all the knobs and buttons to start the plane not use a fucking mouse aim
I don't know what this means. You are aware that the F-15 doesn't start by just pressing Alt Page up and shift Page up, right? An actual plane starts more like the Mirage.

and what does an f15 have to do with anything? we're talking about f14 and it will have a realistic flight model, interactive cockpit etc and that's what im interested in not fucking ace combat chose your plane, use your mouse to fly etc
how dense can you be to not understand that

the video for the CE2 is so shitty they didn't retake the messed up zoom in
youtu.be/tygG6vq6h58?t=1m8s

What did he mean by this

I don't know how this can work out for M3, from a finance point of view.

The main selling point of DCS is fighting.
Who in their right mind is going to buy that piece of shit.

They're working at a loss.

ok but how do you land if the tacan is on the middle of the runway?
I dont have the 21 and i doubth i will ever go near it after this recent meme so we can skip the communist systems...
Again, cant see anything outside but i may have a printed map of the area and a tacan beacon? How do i land?
I have the runway number/direction, do i just start drawing on my map? I mean how do i go from tacan to ils? assuming the pane im using doesnt use fucking preset ils things that i have to open another pdf for

>we're talking about f14 and it will have a realistic flight model, interactive cockpit etc and that's what im interested in
idk why you are. You're clearly not interested in learning the plane you fly right onw, and it's a simplified model.
How dense can you be to not even know what the gauges in your simplified F-15 do?

Line up the TACAN, Use the variometer to plan your descent. Usually don't descend more than 500 feet per minute for a good 5 degree glideslope.

The variometer is that needle that points up or down depending on how fast you're falling.

>The main selling point of DCS is fighting.
I'd buy a 747 for dcs!

I mean, a Boieng-derived tanker or AWACS would make more sense that their little flying turd

I'd love to fly AWACS.

The variometer is this thing, btw. never land without watching it because it gives an exact angle of how fast you're falling.

It's better than the projected path marker on your hud at predicting where you're going to land.

Many people have said it, and so have I: I would totally buy a C-130 or a KC-135 module for refueling other planes.

We need more support modules in DCS so friends can fly as a wing instead of a bunch of attack jets who rely on AI tankers and AWACS to function.

>Line up the TACAN
...i think thats the part that i have problems with
If it directs me exactly at the airport / end of runway it doesnt help much with the landing part.

> 500 feet per minute
I thought that thing does seconds... its the thing that you watch for when landing a heli right? Anyway i still wouldnt know how far i am from the runway.
Honestly i been trying to learn navigation, even watched legit flight school videos but they dont talk about tacan ever. vor/tac at most which is probably this but my issue is the landing itself

Actually don't use that because it has calibrated lag.

With a model that looks like that I wouldn't have any hope of getting anything decent from them.

No. I need a civilian traffic for realistic missions.

Coordinating a team of player to work on an AWACS or a tanker would be great.
You don't need weapons to have fun in combat.

But releasing that kind of module considering the current state of the MiG-21 is almost offensive.

Does anyone know why the viggen has a tendency to yaw to the right in both 1.5 and 2.2?

How the fuck do awacs planes avoid gettin blown the fuck out by long-range aa missiles?
Or how would they if they actually found themselves in a real war?

I don't think they get in range of fighters.

The game already has appropriate civilian planes.

Their detection range of something capable of firing that kind of missile much farther than the range of that missile. Their escorts would then start heading towards the threat.

In glorious PS2 levels of detail.

That's all that commieflot deserves. It's not like they'll survive the trip anyway.