Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/xxwudVBC
clips.twitch
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dual wield, slayer or gladiator

I am so fucking exhausted and I haven't even finished A10

so dual wield > 2h for duelist then?

i guess slayer is more dps and glad is more tanky?

Take your time slowbro, there's no rush

Also, where do you guys farm t1 maps? I'm done with the story and found maybe 2

Alright lads we're 1 day in

>Build
>Progress
>How do you rate the new league so far?

CA
starting act 4
It's been great, abyss is designed very well. Also mirage archer works great with caustic arrow.

DP Totems
Just about to finish A9
Bretty gud mechanics, jewels are cool. No opinion on patch stuff unrelated to the league so far as not at endgame

There are no good builds in this game. Melee skills are all boring garbage. Spells are more interesting but they don't scale well enough to do bosses reliably. Archery skills are all the exact same skill with a swap to lame Barrage for single target damage.

Why is this game so shitty? Where are all the designers, Chris? What are they doing?

SR Scion
70, starting maps

Really good, I think they've hit the mark between Breach/Perandus and you actually want to open those rifts for the rewards, I stopped caring about Breach after a while because collecting shards wasn't fun, but here you get guaranteed jewels and sometimes an extra area

>fell for the scamboxes again
>literally no chest pieces just like every other time i've bought them
>none of the armor sets ever match with any other chest pieces so any other pieces you get are unusable
Wow so glad I got 100 frogs and corpse piles. Thanks GGG!

Sunder until I have swords for cleave
DCed and died on solaris and lunaris, about to do a5 kitava
It's ok desu

summoner, 3 hours played, act 4 belly

buzzwords
generalizations
buzzwords

there are like 50 interesting and viable skills in this game, if you can't find one you're either not really the arpg kind of player, or you just suck

fb totems inquis possibly respecing to EK nova after unlocking atlas
act10 omw to kill kitava
good so far. abyss are spooky because of broken op rares and give decent loots

Where the fuck are my crafting benches?

>and 100% increased cost of Vaal Skills
holyshit what? (I didn't play since Legacy league)

Yes, up to 87% of max HP as regen is a pretty big deal.
>it's not noticeably different from non-slayer
Takes half a second for your life leech to ramp up even with 0.05 attack time. A lot of skills never reach numbers like that. You also keep your leech going, potentially for several minutes, with the 20% overkill leech, and long enough on single targets to completely ignore practically any dots and avoid having it fall off while moving about.

It can't compete with old vaal pact, but overleech is huge.
>get chunked
>let me just risk my character and start attacking, while waiting for the leech instances to kick in, and then pray the actual regen works its magic before I get hit again
said no one ever, so the option is slamming your health potion, versus
>fuck I failed to dodge it
>oh, I'm at full health anyway
A passive 58% of max hp per second as regen is fucking ridiculous, 87% whenever IC goes off even more so.

sorry my doctor told me no more hardcore league

>I gambled with extremely low odds to reach my goal, thanks a lot for scamming me!
Mystery boxes are a good deal if you want ONE of the pricier mtxs since you're statistically saving a ton, but retarded if you want the whole fucking set

Warchief Totems Champion.
A6, cause life is still a thing and finals week is days away. Still Sundering, but building up towards the stuff I want while keeping up my damage output and defenses.
7/10, Abyss Rares are starting to have a gross amount of HP and damage.

Retard

and by what I mean why

It replaces the old normal/cruel/merc system, nothing's changed. Vaal skills used to cost more souls in higher difficulties to compensate for the higher density.

>spells don't scale well to do bosses reliably

what did he mean by this?

Damn I didn't notice, but then I remember only using Vaal Haste.

Blade Flurry isn't a spell.

>"lol if you don't like it it's clearly not for you"
>"or you're a piece of human trash lol"
Man, nice job imitating the quintessential cliche MMO fanboy.

>viable
sure
>interesting
List them so I can disagree with you in every case.

>Sunder Jugg
>Act 9 managed to get a kaoms axe and shitting on everything now
>7.6/10 comfy breach 2.0

Is vaal arc back into the meta?

>Spells are more interesting but they don't scale well enough to do bosses reliably.
It's somewhat the opposite actually. Attacks start strong, which is why you see plenty of Sunder characters in the first week of a league because you can Leap Slam-Sunder one-shot almost everything but blues, but tend to fall off after a while unless you continuously upgrade your weapons.

Spells start being somewhat weak, but get a massive powerspike at level 18/19 and every level afterwards.

>800% bonus chaos damage at the 40th chain

what did GGG mean by this?

>per chain
what the actual fuck

Arc is not a projectile you imbecile

Attacks start and end strong. Spells are strong in the middle. There are way more ways to scale attack damage than there are to scale spell damage.

And these are the hardcore players that think to talk down to others

How fares the AoE on DP totems?

>Abyss is overtuned as fuck Edition
Fuck off reddit. THe only thing overtuned is the loot fiesta. There's exactly zero chance of droprates not getting nerfed soonish.

>Get 2-shot through 80% Resists, full flask rotation up, and 300K armor by a manta ray
>not overtuned

I'm trying to roll chieftain bodyswap totems. I tried with elementalist first but decided to reroll. I've arrived in act 4, but unfortunately didn't have much chance to play today and I'll only be on later.

Bodyswap seems strong, no idea how it will scale in lategame. Doesn't look very promising in PoB, each totem reaches like 25k at most but I guess it could be alright with four totems.

>How do you rate the new league so far?
It's not as fun as breach, but I think they've managed to make a fun league again. Enemies are strong as fuck and you actually have to take care about abyss rares. Powerlevel is too high tho, FREE rares everywhere.

Not really, the only difference is conversion builds can scale the point-effective phys nodes and still get high mileage out of %WED items.

Wildstrike chains 4 to 7 times naturally, what the fuck ggg

>Projectiles
Nope.

I wish the gameplay was actually good, all the systems around the gameplay offer plenty of depth to just end ignoring almost all that depth when you actually do maps.

essence drain's pretty interesting, it's a dot so spamming does almost nothing, needs a catalyst to spread and has an awkwardly base projectile speed that doesn't allow you to offscreen like a ranged character

barrage's pretty interesting, it's a ranged bow skill that rewards point blank delivery for maximum damage, allowing you to juggle between risk and reward for damage or safety

spectral throw's pretty interesting, it's a projectile that pierces and return to you after a modifiable travel time, allowing positioning to become a tool to maximum damage of returning projectiles

body swap's pretty interesting, it gives you burst and repositioning in the same skill but needs proper setup to work

sunder's pretty interesting, it's a ranged skill with a melee tag

SRS
act7
8/10

kinda burned out though, maybe gonna reroll

>losing life to deal damage
>not defensive stats
nice sh*tcrow amulet

habitual Essence Drain player here, did Essence Drain get anything to make it easier to play this league? I fucking hate how slow it can be.

I really want to get to maps today but I have a killer headache, I'm tired as fuck, I have work in 13 hours, then my work christmas party tomorrow night.
I may not make maps until monday at this rate

Not awful but not great. Had to change the tree to add some more placement speed to compensate

you can cascade contagion now, and despair gives -chaos resistance so occultist is no longer the obvious best choice for it

>Maligaro: You are the greatest form I've never sculpted...
>Witch: I hate to be critical, but I've seen better!

New Doedre Chestpiece lets you stack curses on bosses EZ.

Is volatile dead a meme?

>Maligaro
*tips tricorne*

They're agreeing.

It's fantastic in open areas

In narrow corridor maps it sometimes just randomly doesn't work for no reason.

he is right you know

>war, confusion, terror, love and passion
>love
>I have felt them all
phew, was getting some elliot vibes there

okay this might seem stupid (likely because it is) but how viable is skeleton-based Dark Pact?

I was considering doing a dual Dark Pact build.

Wither - CwC - Summon Skeleton - Dark Pact - Minion Life - Void Manip

and then once I have enough skeletons in an area.

Dark Pact - Controlled Destruction - Concentrated Effect - Void Manipulation - Inc. Crit Strikes - Spell Echo.

would this work?

i freaking love darkness and hate happiness and peace
the world shall soon know what im capable of

one of the absolute worst skills I have ever tried
phenomenal damage spamming it on a boss though

Who else /team maligaro/?

>Swords suck
>Witch has the best 2h sword pose
>Witch with swords sucks

God fucking damnit

>Rolling sunder and trying to get some shekels to switch to explosive arrow
>lv 75 so far. Got a Bringer of Rain early on that is helping me plenty but the rest of my gear is trash
>I like it but I feel the abyss jewels will ultimately turn exactly like regular jewels, blue one will not be worth to pick up

witch sword pose and scion bow are great
witch is for oro's WS

It's all in the numbers, skelly DP chains twice, so it definitely has the potential to actually do much more damage, assuming you can get enough life out of skellies

you need to compare skelly life vs totem/char life, no obvious answer to that question

that being said, adding 2 links to your cwc setup so you can waste skeletons with useless dps doesn't make much sense, and you'd need 2x 6Ls which means a staff and no mobility

wither cwc skellies setup + totem DP might work

play a summoner witch with queen's decree

Why is it bad?

Maybe it'll be patched

can you post your tree for sunder?

You think it's worth it to just keep wanderlust until it's about time to start mapping?

That anti-freeze is pretty fucking awesome...

New League idea:
>Allegiance
>Wraeclast and Oriath have been invaded by two powerful beings
>A representative of one of the powerful beings can spawn in a given area
>Talking to them starts a Vote like with a Bandit, side with or fight
>Siding with a given being causes them to thank you and vanish, packs of the opposing being's minions begin spewing forth into the zone/Map all over
>Siding against them causes them to vanish in anger and their minions spew forth instead
>Siding with a being gives +1 points towards that being's "control" value, siding against gives +1 to the other
>The percentage of "control" a given side has decides some loot and modifiers that apply to all loot tables and zone/map mods

is the bleed chance additive from the chance to bleed gem and passive skills or it's calculated separately?

just throw 5 alts on a flask you can't be this stupid

bladefall trapper, this shit is fuckin broken
act 6
way better than har-shitter

yes

pastebin.com/xxwudVBC

Any input or major things to get or pass on?

Also, for sunder, should I go full physical? Physical and bleed split? This is for 2h slayer. Trying to decide my primary links and weapons.

they move incredibly slow, have a relatively small aoe and they're stupid as fuck

Yeah nah this is pretty much War for the Atlas but with a vote button

The point would be that everyone has a say in it rather than per-player.

Oh I didnt get you meant for all players
Wouldnt got down well having what you can and cant do in the hands of randoms

doing slayer without vp rn and I don't feel much of a difference even against red maps

>two powerful beings
>dude could you do me a favor and give me an upvote

>Hundreds of thousands of people all giving you their allegiance isn't particularly noteworthy

I had considered a totem option as well, I was considering using that new Cane of Unraveling because it turns Dark Pact into a 7L, plus chaos damage, plus free power charge acquisition without a Power Charge on Crit setup or relying on Forbidden Power, and maybe Lightning Warp (or MAYBE Body Swap but idk) for my movement skill but I definitely recognize that Shield Charge and Breath of the Council would be better for movement. I just don't want to spend a bunch of downtime summoning skeletons to clear trash, which is why I think it could be better in that regard but again no idea.

Only chuds die to abyss bats

so war of the atlas:world tendency edition?
nah, wasn't even good in DeS.

my allegiance is to the coven, to thaumaturgy!

What happens when I use molten strike but have the 2 nodes that convert 40% phys to ice and avatar of fire? What % would be fire, and would some % be lost?

Ever get the feeling that the game wants you to be playing some other build given the uniques you keep dropping?

>clips.twitch
.tv/SpinelessSquareRedpandaPrimeMe
>those lifeless eyes that have given up on hope
im worry about him

I'm not specifically playing sunder but if you follow something like this, you should do fine. Grab % physical increase nodes first and look for upgrades for your one-handed axes and rings, # added physical damage as the main status. If you don't get it, that's fine, elemental resistances is important as well. Then grab some attack speed when you feel like you damage is ok and you can start going fast by spamming Leap Slam with Faster Attack and using mana pots. For auras I recommend Herald of Ash and Hatred BUT if your elemental resitances are not great you can swap Hatred for Purity of Elements. You can respect some points later on

Molten: 60% Conversion Fire
2 nodes: 40% Conversion Cold
AoF: 50% Conversion Fire, 50% Conversion Cold2Fire.
So let's do first Converts from Phys to Ele.
>60+40+50 = 150
>40/150=26.67
>73.33% of damage is straight to Fire
>50% of 26.67 is 13.33
Thus, you would be converting 73.46% of your Phys damage to Fire and losing the rest.

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion
RTFW

>can't find the last ubertrial

how those uberlab rats farm that shit day one? buying prophecies?

>shield throw skill
hoho

maybe there WILL be some interesting and viable skills after all

>Still no armor-scaling Shield Bash

mate your tree... what

friendly reminder studded and cloth belts exist in the same game as a stygian vise with 50 life and double damage jewel implicit

Yes, and? Abyss will roll into Standard the same way Breach did.