Touhou General #73

Sakuya

Previous thread: >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd (embed)

>Touhou 16 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

>AoCF Demo v2!
mega.nz/#!mclFRapR!b4TEtRSnAi81Y4CZHzjy4dTzJ81V0KDArXfDL6f5PqI

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/NdaSE

>Fangames pastebin
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm (embed)

2hu is a game

Other urls found in this thread:

dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ212756.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ212756.html
this is the power of my manipulation of search engines.

Cirno had to make a noble sacrifice

Wonderful taste, wonderful thread other Sakuyanon

oh god, satori is gonna be another nightmare fight for you.

Smoking kills(?)

She can read my mind but not my strategies.

Not when you're hopped up on Eirin's drugs

what turn are you on my man? also she auto casts alert at the start of her turn, she'll auto dodge Sakuya guaranteed unless you swing at her with someone else first.

Why is Kaguya so shit? she ruined IN.

>he says while posting the sociopathic lesser moonbitch

I've no idea, but it seems that this girl has a vision problems, I actually didn't know you could spawn dolls until now.

She's an abomination that committed the grave sin of drinking the Hourai Elixer.

1ccing against Eirin doesn't feel like a TRUE 1cc because she's not the actual final boss despite them being equally challenging in-game. Kaguya should have been extra stage and Mokou extra stage+ like in PCB

Kaguya is a neet, so that devalues her by a lot

She can, I actually really like fielding her with doll master (which gives her +8% hit and dodge rate for each doll in a field around her) when she's being fielded separate from Marisa. It's an innate ability in this one, but you had to waifu unlock it in 1 and 2.

oh and you can check your turn by pressing select on an empty tile without a unit and looking in the upper left, you know the same menu you end a turn from.

I wonder why Zun never brought back the Phantasm stage. For some reason only PCB got that special treatment

Wow, now I for sure have been playing these games wrong, oh well, there's always time to make amends in FMW 4. Thanks again bro.

If I were to take a shot in the dark, I'd say it's too much effort when so few people actually 1cc the game, even fewer clear the extra stage and so fewer would clear the Phantasm stage.

Or maybe it has something to do with being difficulty to write, your guess is as good as mine.

Seems that way baka user.
>chamber jammed
soft ree

What shot are you using user?

Oh hey, it worked

kek

Today I finally got back from my 1 month break from Touhou and it was pretty fucking fun, I tried to 1cc PCB and despite not getting the 1cc it was still pretty fucking fun since I was actually enjoying it rather than doing it as a chore to finally get the 1cc.

Everything from Stage 1 to 4 went pretty easy, I probably only bombed like once to the sisters and it all went crumbling down when I noticed I had 7 lives against Youmu and Yuyu.

I started getting nervous against the fucking dork and losed lives without completely bombing and also got a bit clumsy dodging but nothing that can't be fixed with more practice of how things work on Stage 5.

For Yuyuko I started the stage with like 3 lives and an extra I got in there but just like against Youmu I got too nervous clumsily ran straight into a bullet, on some parts the border tricked me into a false state of safety just to turn down and leave me on a tight situation. Contrary to usual runs, this time when I lost a live in a dumb way I didn't get angry or lost motivation but rather kept excited seeing how far I could go which I ended dying at around Yuyu's non spell with weird knives.

>clip
Now you're just fucking with me!

Image enhancing the FMW portraits are more fun than I thought they'd be.

Sorry I couldn't resist, those bunes do have some fine weaponry though, and by fine I mean I don't understand it one bit.

You know, I really like the fanon cleavage Yukari design better than her actual canon one

Don't even remind me, the shit they pull off with "60mm Shotgun" and "100mm Incendiary Shot" are fucking batshit and bugs the fuck out of me. I can give the lasers a pass as "literal magic"

on the edge of my seat lads, we're both down to 2 puppets each. If I win then I can go to the cave of origin and grind as much as I want for the final gym

Sounds good user, keep us updated.
What difficulty are you on?

I should get to GFW too, so I can blogpost again.

I just want this mission to end holy shit. It's been like 2 and a half hours and I'm still on it.

We gotta have more official game blogposting to balance out the fangame blogposting and besides, I like the way your write the best, it's pretty suitable for blogging

That said, GFW has a hella fun mechanic, freezing bullets is oh so satisfying.

Yeah, you should be close if you've been saving after every turn and praying to RNGesus. hold Q+W+shift+enter all at the same time to reload your in mission save

Thanks user. Oh, and I'm going for it on normal
>keep us updated.
I think I usually get burned out of playing touhou too easily since it's a frustrating game but I might be able to make more runs than usual today.

>touhoumon
neat. Haven't seen this in ages. Had a great time with it with /jp/ back in the day. Anyways, good luck. Those hacks can get brutal towards the end. What team are you running?

>Male koakuma
what did the videogame mean by this

that "she" is a succubus.

Not a big fan of Deus Ex Machinas in writing but hey.

Fucking whew It's finally over, honestly had it not been for the quick save reloading I might have dropped this game or at least take a big break from it.

pic related, minus Nue who is going to be swapped with a Yuyuko or Yumeko. It's fucking hard, all my favorite 2hus are reason or faith type and it seems that literally every trainer puppet has moves that shred reason or faith types

Yeah, some of the boss fights make me feel pure hatred. it doesn't help your turning Sakuya into a massive crutch unit And gotta write in fantasy nature some how. It's her last word in IN and the ultimate manifestation of her ability.

You don't have to play if you don't feel like it. Just post whenever you do play, it's totally fine. When I can't take any more Touhou for the day, I just stop right then and there.

Well then, good luck with PCB user! Hope we see more of you!

>GFW has a hella fun mechanic
It sure as fuck is. It's like a mini-bomb that recharges very quickly. Kind of like releases in some way.

>I like the way your write the best
Oh, stop it you.

>all my favorite 2hus are reason or faith type and it seems that literally every trainer puppet has moves that shred reason or faith types

ha, yeah that's a common problem. Looks like a fun team. Yumeko is busted good but nearly always incredibly hard to find

Funny, in PDP seems to be the exact opposite, nobody was able to shred my team, despite a lot of illusion, ghost and steel types on it. Boss fights were nightmarish because of some shit, but normal trainers just got hammered.

Honestly this was easily the worst fucking mission in the game,scratch that, the whole series. Because it forces you to simply retreat and spam the ever loving fuck out of your sports while tirelessly waiting for the countless enemies to make their move. It's tedious and boring as hell.

Plus it's not even related to the main games, and the story fucking sucked. They spend all this time going to the moon, only to get greeted by Ms "hey lmao i'm going to one shot all but your strongest members, btw I can also attack twice" and then you have to run with your tail between your legs but it's okay because Reimu goes super sayain Miko and everything is fine.

And what's the lesson learned? Don't fucking lose or misplace the one letter that'll totally fuck you if you don't have it? Please.

Yep, that's a pretty accurate representation of the manga. Remi, Marisa, Reimu and Reisen go to the moon. Get into a fight with Yorhime one after the other, who beats them all no sweat. In fact if I remember Sakuya straight up cheats and *still* loses. Granted Yorihime uses spell cards that are borderline cheating.

>Reisen
shit not Reisen I meant to say Sakuya, Reisen stays on earth if I recall. Oh and Yuyuko and Youmu get gapped to the moon thanks to the defences being down and just stroll through the palace because they're pure being from being in the netherworld and steal some sake, which Yukari uses to brag about. This is off second hand memory, since I refuse to read the manga, but it should be somewhat accurate.

I had actually completely forgotten I had gotten a Yumeko on route 113 until a few minutes when I was checking my boxes to see what I had for a potential 6th member. I'm also considering Toyohime, or just capturing Tenshi X at sky pillar to blast through the Elite 4.

Wait, Reisen didn't go to the moon on SSiB.

Yeah I fucked up and corrected myself here

I just hope the manga isn't as bad as this mission was.

Honestly it's probably not but I still won't read it because I just enjoy playing games more and I can't forgive it for that Sakuya retcon.

>since I refuse to read the manga
READ THE MANGA

>No /2hug/
I couldn't find it

I refuse to believe Sakuya is an Atheist, not just because of my own beliefs but also because she's a time stopping maid that can fly and works for a vampire and lives in a secret world hidden in a pocket dimension that is full of supernatural creatures and is protected by a religious leader
Sorry

Just read FS or WaHH instead or CoLA, it's all slice of life stuff but it doesn't feature big bad "I can beat superman" characters like the Watatsuki sisters. but it's fine because Yorihime falls into a pit trap Tewi dug and gets knocked out.

The magicians are also agnostic, it's not an atheist as in "I don't believe they exist" but rather an atheist as in she understand the nature of gods and how the faith they need to live works, so she doesn't have a reason to pray to any god at all.

You can fucking say that again Reisen

>Oh stop it you
Your posts are pretty comfy, especially with the cute Marisa pics added to it, the format is nice, not too long and not too short.

Oh god I think there's going to be a handful anons who think we're dead until next thread.

Are you me? Took the words right out of my mouth bro. You speak the fucking truth.

That's not atheism though, that's apostasy, huge difference

FUG, I completely forgot rayquaza spawns at level 70, I only have level 60s.

Honestly it wasn't overly difficult for me, I had to grit my teeth and hunker down, but I managed to survive. I think your problem is you claim to have massively neglected the rest of the team so they weren't up to snuff. You're just making it way harder on yourself by turning Sakuya into a massive crutch unit and having her soak up all the EXP. Even in my run with a souped up Reimu, everyone I actually use isn't really more than 7 levels below her.

Just use the masterball, if you're playing a romhack of Emerald should have it by now right?

Just use the master ball or whatever those games have.

Trust me, you got this.

fukken based yorihime with the chain flinches.
they fucking put the master ball towards the end of victory road and I plan on using it to catch Regice who is MIMA

Is it just a sprite hack or is everything changed?

>Start day by loading up FMW
>Play a few missions
>Blink
>Suddenly the day is gone
Welp, good night 2hug and God bless. Here's hoping I'll catch up to you Reisenanon by tomorrow, again thanks for waiting.

It's not that it was difficult for me either but it was long, boring and tedious. But you're absolutely right about me using only Sakuya/Meiling and having them hog all of the exp. But I can't go against my own nature and it's too late since most units will just die in 1-2 hits and deal 1-2k damage. I was never any good at these games anyway and it's no wonder how I can't keep up with you regardless of time constraints.

I'll do it later.

the only similarities are the world and music which is exactly the same as emerald and that half of the moves are Pokemon moves, however pretty much everything else is different.
>evolution is completely different, instead of normal evolution chains there's chibis which either evolve into their adult form or use a shard to become a special type with different stat spreads or move learning.
>enemy bosses/gym leaders are designed to really challenge you, if you don't build a solid team you will get fucked as trainers have no problem spamming super effective moves against you or switching out weak puppets.
>touhoumon purple is based on touhoumon 1.8, so type charts are completely revamped and stat total range is smaller, from 470 to 560 so pretty much puppet is viable to use.
for a hack it's pretty well made.

So in other words, the master ball is where it should be and you ended up missing it

It's fine user, you can probably mitigate it by having Sakuya on her own and putting people next to her to finish off kills, or team her up with someone else, and have her kill people, then have them team up with someone else and cascade from there. Good night user, I wish you luck in your endeavor. You better get to the end with me, I don't wanna have to go it alone.

It wasn't in the Aqua hideout and the FAQ says it's in Victory Road, so it's most likely in Victory Road

That's dumb, the whole point of the master ball is to catch Rayquaza, event Pokemon can be captured with regular pokeballs so making you get it after the fact is pointless

Except this is Emerald and you're kinda supposed to revisit Sky Pillar to find him, he's not an obligatory encounter.

I agree to an extent that it's stupid, but if it makes up for it I caught her in a premier ball so she's fabulous

You know the reason I left in the first place is because of how lonely it got, right?

A lot less lonely at mid-day burger time friend. Try making it then.

Toyohime is an excellent puppet as well. Both her forms work well in-game if memory serves

PDP was a lot of fun as well. Really caught on in /vp/ for a while for some reason. As you said, a flaw was that non-boss characters were an utter joke. Bosses were min-maxed and the AI could occasionally do some clever things. If I remember right the difficulty/leveling curve was a bit odd. Bosses like Reimu could stomp the shit out of you but then some others really weren't bad

Im using Suika, is she good? I mostly like that its a homing shot and the option to collect items without having to risk myself on top of the screen. The only thing I dont like so far is the bomb since it seems kinda weak.

>Really caught on in /vp/ for a while for some reason.
That's because they banned it everywhere else, not kidding, couldn't talk about it on /jp/ or /v/

The last Reimu fight before Makai was a massive pain for me. Since she had amazing type match ups against me with everyone and getting my weaker puppets up to snuff wouldn't have been worth the effort. Didn't help Reisen isn't a good starter since illusion type sucks.

Why are PDP anons obnoxious douches?

PDP was banned on /v/ because they think /jp/ is a containment board for 2hu and it was banned on /jp/ because they hate video games

/v/ hates touhous because they think it’s an anime only. They just get pissed at the sight of a kaguya or reimu. But that board is long past repairable.

>Kaguya or Reimu
Why them specifically?

At least you'e got /2hug/ to discuss anything 2hu related without shitty mods deleting your posts (excepting the threads deleted out of nowhere).
Kinda weird that this guy did the immortals who saw the death of the universe and outside of that he only did "dude weed lmao" content.

He's got nice art though. I like it.

If they’re immortal, then they’d probably smoke a blunt and have a good time. I mean, you don’t have to worry about shit, so it just warrants that once risky behavior

guess that touhou.
hint: she's from PC-98

I'm gonna say "Who is Gengetsu for 500 yen" Keine.

Man imagine if it turned out weed was the cure to Hourai Elixier all along, their centuries of poor lifestyle choices will finally catch up to them, all because of a plant

Looks like Renko

Elly?

I dont mind them doing drugs, I'm more astounded by how he went from mokou and kaguya doing drugs and a nazi reisen to such a great doujin

wrongamundo buddies

Shid, I figured it'd have to be Mugetsu or Kurumi, and I know Kurumi wasn't that red. I completely didn't think about HRtP.

Elis...Elly
pretty much the same

I mean, someone can have that style where they do a great doujin and their other works are questionable. Look at zuonose, who has such a great style but his stuff is much more grim and dark

>+9 speed
unf. Lunarians are best 2hus.

>Lunarians
>good
delet your statement.

Is there any 2hu more pure than Kaguya?

Kaguya is not pure at all

But she was sent to earth because she's literally impure.

I can't believe Reimu is fucking dead

Youmu and Aya can't even hope to compete with gains like these.

And there goes Marisa

mimas coming for Christmas this year!

There wouldn't happen to be plans to translate this, would there?