/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

L still real edition.
This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and the games released on them.

Previous: →
Tags: /3dsg/, /arms/, /mk8g/, /wug/

>Important News
「!」Breath of the Wild: Champions Ballad DLC available now: youtube.com/watch?v=dyBFAX4SDEc
「!」Bayonetta 3 announced: youtube.com/watch?v=Ti-i40Ez6KY
「!」Mega Man 11 announced: youtube.com/watch?v=3aSC5A726f0
「!」Outlast 1 and 2 to be released early next year for Switch: twitter.com/TheRedBarrels/status/938838477088657408
「!」Some autistic fuckers have an estimate of total coins in each Mario game: nintendoeverything.com/estimated-total-coins-for-the-super-mario-games-prior-to-odysseys-release/
「!」New Pokken item codes and content for Twitch Prime users: nintendoeverything.com/pokken-tournament-dx-twitch-prime-member-emotes-new-in-game-item-codes/
「!」Footage of the new Versus mode in Mario + Rabbids: youtube.com/watch?v=7er_WMshnNc
「!」Shantae: Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition to be released early next year: nintendoeverything.com/shantae-half-genie-hero-ultimate-day-one-edition-slated-for-spring-2018/
「!」Splatoon 2 soundtrack released and places fourth on the charts: oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/2017-12-11/
「!」New trailers for Yo-Kai Watch Busters 2: nintendoeverything.com/latest-yo-kai-watch-busters-2-trailers/
「!」Ryan Reynolds to voice Detective Pikachu: hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ryan-reynolds-star-pokemon-movie-detective-pikachu-1065206

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibochartv13.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/serebiinet/status/940165496808275968
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you have 4chanX you can copy the text of an OP without the embeds btw.

yeah

BoxBoy physical and amiibo when

BING BING WAHOO, am I right nintendrones?

Recommend me some switch eshop games. So far I have Worms and Morphite

phantom breaker battlegrounds, steamworld dig 2, voez

how many nintendos will make you happy,

4 would be enough.

4 nintendos no game coming right up

I farted and shulk came out

I feel guilt y

real talk. xenoblade or xenonoway?

see

what does this mean

Splatoon is shit

People float in xcx

gotta avoid the pestilent small insects, they sure as hell will get wrecked by their diseases

Should I go physical or digital when I get my Switch?

phys when possible

they both warp

bump

- Physical has resale value (although DLC defeats that point a bit)
- Digital means no card swapping and can't be lost/stolen/broken

So I'm going with digital personally.

Loser

?

He doesn't get Nintendo always kills online and games will be worthless when DRM fails

ah. whata loser

O;9 all but confirmed for Switch with new content.

Picross S.

Haha

Physical as much as possible.

Carts can just be put in a card holder

Bumbp

Post yfw all the Bayonetta series is on one console and on the go.

The wiiu gets 1-3 right?

Yes, is getting the first two games and the exclusive third.

Shit, I read that shit wrong. I thought you said Switch.
Wii U is dead man, is getting jack shit.

lies and slander the switch replaced the 3ds

>(de)motivational
>year of Our Lord 2017

For you

Not getting a Switch until next year, so I need a new 3DS game or two. What would you recommend? Anything goes.

Kid Icarus, Picross 3D 2, Ace Attorney, Rhythm Heaven.

I miss when this general was active, years ago.

Nintendo should have made games

Any good action-platformers on 3DS? Ive already got Shovel Knight, Samus Returns and Pirate's Curse.

3D land?

see
just switch

monster hunter open beta only on playstation. just switch.

Monster Hunter was never good. It is basically Capcom's Fifa.

Don´t know shit about the game, so I´m asking here. Is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 open world? All I get from other sources is varying "RPG-like" shit.

Never cared for Monster Hunter. Don't understand why /v/ thinks every Nintendofag is upset about it.

:(

bump

Define open world

What classic song do you think will used this time for Bayonetta 3?

My bets are on "Blue Moon". Originally sung by Billie Holiday, but Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra and Elvis have all covered that song.

Hey, newfag here. For all of you who were scammed by the Wii U, since they're dirt cheap where I live now, I'm planning on my Christmas self-gift to be a second hand one. You know, cause it'd be nice to have a thing that can play the new Zelda and Tropical Dong as well as the Wii stuff I've yet to play. How do Wii games look in it? Less blurry? How's the Wii software transfer? Cumbersome, not worth it? And would I be able to link My Nintendo account to it? So I can spend points in it.

Can't think of another place to ask I'm not touching /v/.

Wiius are awesome modded

bing

There are big as areas to explore, going by the previous games so yes. Monolith also worked on BotW helping with the world and it shows since there's Xeno X vibes.

This. Now if there was a new Monster RANCHER we might be talking.

Get thee behind me satan.

1. Wii U games look good, imo, and play at 480p upscaled to 1080 (or 480 native res on the game pad itself which also has a sensor bar)

Wii data transfer is easy and to the point. It will even transfer locked saved data (usually the "yellow" files which were locked because of online stuff). I don't remember if I had to redownload all my wiiware/vc games again. Any Wii Points will be transfered over.

The Wii U eshop however does not use Wii Points. eShop funds are shared between WiiU/3DS/Switch if you have a Nintendo account.

Basically the Virtual Wii runs in its own mode that has to be launched from the Wii U menu.

Also you can use the Wii sensor bar and component/composite cables, as well as any Wii hardware like controllers and balance board.

Not all Wii U games support Wii controllers.

Please donate to my Patreon if this helps, like and subscribe!

---

Posted from my Virtual Boy

What's your bitcoin address

Thank you for the answers, I'm leaning towards getting it but I need to iron a few of my questions.

>Wii U games look good, imo, and play at 480p upscaled to 1080
You mean Wii, right? That's what I was asking and part of why I want this thing is to be a substitute Wii. The compatibility with all the accesories is welcome, and I take it I can expect less blurriness, and also the possibility of playing in the dang controller, which I didn't know and seems very nice.

Eeeeeh, make that one question actually. I'm still confused on the matter of Mynintendo accounts, coins and points but you know what, I think I'm sold already. I'll figure that shit out. Have an upvote and some patreonbux.

>Posted from my Virtual Boy
It should be a fucking criminal offense that Nintendo retooled anr re-released fucking Urban Champion on the 3DS but not the Virtual Boy Wario Land. There is no justice.

That's certainly a nice plus. You mean, it's nice to emulate older stuff on the controller, right?

no like you can straight up download any game and all dlc free.

Virtual console and wad injection is a plus though too. Wiiu plays almost every nintendo system, modded its #1

>Wiiu plays almost every nintendo system, modded its #1
Oh yeah, N64, GBA, DS and all that, now that I think of it. That is awesome.

gamecube too

is destiny on switch?

What are you guy's recommendations in regards to Pro Controllers? Is the DPad issue bad enough to buy a 3rd party pro controller?
If so, what controller would you recommend? The Hori one looks good but its wired only which is a bummer.

Hey, I downloaded MarioKart for Switch for reasons, and now the physical game is on sale. What happens if I delete the digital file? Is the save file gone too, or how do I transfer the save data?

not sure, but the usual policy is to factory reset and see what happens

Factory reset my whole console?

Your destiny is to switch to Nintendo Switch.

Where is it on sale?

All game data is tied to the console. So you can play digital or cartridge.

If you get the cartridge just download any updates before you play.

No he's being a bad meme.

So far all the third party controllers look like shit and are missing HD rumble, gyro, or both. Stick to your joycons until you can try a pro controller.

Otherwise get a NS Magic from mayflash and use an USB/ps4/ps3/xbone/wiiu controller.

Lego city undercover is cheesey

Surely all of the Lego games are.

It's funnier than most Lego games desu.

Unless you mean the 3ds game.

Also
>tfw no Lego Dimensions on switch

3ds is for babies

just like you
I take it that you've collected every version of the 3DS released, too, huh?

2ds lite is only ds

hey gor?

yes?

Can you guys give me a hint about the "KEEP" art moon in Odyssey? Just the kingdom it's at would be enough.

twitter.com/serebiinet/status/940165496808275968

Finally some news on this

hello i am the gorgoris

Hello yes? What do you heckin want?

I want real gor with proof

I am the real gor
>proof
Get the heckin heck out of here.

bump

another page 10 bump

im convinced that the gor today on Veeky Forums is an imposter who took original gor skin and wore it like a faggot in silence of the lambs

There are multiple gorposters.
There is not just one gor.

I figured as much. That is sad. I miss og gor and his frilly sheets

I miss my game gear

I miss Pokemon red

i miss when this general wasn't shit

its Nintendo's fault

The first gen had a lot of problems man.

learning to walk again

>friend got himself a 3DS fucking finally
>he wants to play ALBW but said he wasn't seen any copies in store
>I'm thinking he isn't looking hard enough, start doing some googling and sure enough I can't find any new copies anywhere
Goddammit Nintendo. Guess I'll get him something else, really don't want to give him a digital code or a used game.

hold on a sec

hold on for sex

He is still around. He likes to post pictues of his virtual boy games.

$269.10 for a "like new" Switch with slightly damaged packaging from Amazon Warehouse Deals, should I go for it? Or likely find a better deal soon?