/xgg/ - Xenogames General #20

Previous Thread: >Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

>Nintendo direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U

>XB2 General FAQ
pastebin.com/d8TqRTxi

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>Xenoblade 2 'Info' Doc. Please help contibute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fki1tkBCOZE&t=
archiveofourown.org/works/12934956?view_adult=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>all of these HP Tanks that are garbage
Electra and Newt deserved better

Some nip finally posted a picture of the extra cover. Looks fine enough, but I prefer the color balance of the original cover.

>99 rare cores
>99 common cores
>still no kos-mos
She's the only rare blade I still need, this is so painful.

>this scene happen
>Hey Shellhead.
>Hey!
top fucking kek

how the FUCK do I beat Morag in chapter 10?

Think there's some incest going on between Morag and Niall?

Fight fire with fire they say. Use 2 TNK blade. It becomes much smoother that way.

No you sick fuck.

I'll protect you from the scary dark

I used Raiko and two other tanks. Raiko has a counter, so morag wound up doing the most DPS of anyone that fight.
To herself.

I think her and Zeke have a lot of chemistry. Though Zeke and Pandoria have already confessed to each other. I wonder if they would have room for one more, they have a lot in common.

Just imagine a few years ago when Niall was even younger, sneaking away with Morag to go swimming. I bet they didn't even have swimsuits with them so she was just wearing her undergarments.

I just beat everyone with Ursula, it was fucking hard especially since I never used any other blades other than the default ones. Rex had like 8000HP.

Have they ever explained why they added the "Chronicles" part to the name in the english releases?

Nope. I'm also quite curious why they even bothered with that.

Nah, Brighd talks about how hard it is to confess. So it's obvious she loves Morag. Up to you to decide if Morag returns those feelings, though from their various H2H, they seem like a married couple in a lot of ways.

Where do I get the mysterious parts for that Nopon Quest?

If they took out Field Skill checks, Merc Missions and gacha rolling who would be upset? Put your hands up so I can shoot you

>Rare Blades gained from sidequests, plot progression or exploring and finding them instead of dumb tedious bullshit
>Generic Blades sold at Core Shops so you can still set up all your movesets for characters
>Overdrives used for moving Rare Blades from one character to another temporarily
>No dumb rearranging your whole party just to pass one field check and then switching back, if you have Leap you should be able to fucking LEAP, and if a skillcheck requires three skills above level 5 it should amount to more than just a common core and some money
>No getting blindsided by fieldchecks that require Rare Blade skills because you'd be able to get them by the time those fieldchecks pop up (if they bother designing the game properly)
>No sending off Blades to grind their dumb affinity requirements, or having a Blade constantly on missions because you need their unique skill to unlock shit

youtube.com/watch?v=fki1tkBCOZE&t=
Aegis version of this when?

the same reason they have such weird decisions when it comes to naming conventions of characters and places and why lots of jokes were rewritten. They had no clue who the target audience was. Still don't, honestly

I'm fine with field skill checks and gacha rolling. Honestly I am. What I'm not okay with is how oppressively long it takes to accept every single affinity node of 6 blades every time you send the fucks on a merc missions. And I know this was an intentional decision to respect the many voice actors included but it's a horrible decision for a player to go through in game design.

>no map
what were they thinking

I don't mind those things, they just need to refine it a bit. That is the real issue. The biggest problem with the gacha is that you can't freely move any blade to any driver easily so it makes it worse and they should make very rare cores yjsy yield basically 100% rare blade when you get one.

>Bana's secret treasure is letters from his
mommypon.

>Change KOS-MOS Re: to KOS-MOS
>Leave KOS-MOS REFRAIN on her headband
sasuga, noe

Reminder to love Floren as much as (s)he loves you! Floren works really hard for the party!

THREADLY REMINDER
archiveofourown.org/works/12934956?view_adult=true

So what are the unique skills good for?
Are they just flavor?

They're almost all used in that blade's sidequest.

Wait a fucking minute Roc is female?

Roc has no gender. He's listed before the animals, but he's not an animal either.

The not being able to move blades is an intentional decision. What's bad is that there is realistically very few rare blades, absolutely zero 4 star blades with skills like fortitude and shit. So what happens is you stress constantly over the few rare blades you have to place on your party members and don't want to fuck up and get the "wrong" blade on the "wrong" person. Tank Nia sure can work but it's not how it feels she should play and given her affinity charge is sure as shit isn't how they thought she should work either.

According to the merc missions, Roc isn't male, female, or animal.

Perun to Per-win.

What weapons do I need to do the full driver combo? Great axes only offer launch from what I see.

Depends on your party members
Check the doc, or ctrl+f smash in the last thread

>use literacy beatdown on enemy
>"I will strip you of your dignity."
o-oh

But can we fuck it?

You're insulting the old man's memory if you do

is (ATK) Blade-exclusive weapon #3: Launch
Nia?

Can Zeke equip Nia?
No?
Then obviously not.

I need high level AGI chips for Morag. She can't fucking get aggro against the characters when they are running ridiculous attack power chips but the last AGI chips I found are fucking pentagon.

Shove it in the cloaca

OH I'm stupid. Thanks, user.

ok I played fucking Tiger Tiger all day today who has a good build for me to put together for Tora? any role is fine with fun gameplay prioritized

>You will never fuck Roc over Vandhams grave.

Second question, I'm getting the error "You cannot disengage another Driver's top-position Blade. Yet I've seen people run around with Pandoria on Rex, am I missing something?

Chapter 8.

switch the top blade to a different position on the original driver then switch them over

Nevemind.

So to be 100% sure, the party setup is

Roc, Pandoria, and Pyra? and just wait for someone else to break?

okay help me out if you please
howcome I can use overdrive on any blade i've made except the first one? is it special because it was plot-related so only Rex can have it? because now Rex has a nice healer and Nia has a great attacker and fuckit i want them switched. I only have one overdrive so it's slightly moot, but what gives?
also whose idea was it to call it 'overdrive' when googling that gives you xenoblade X stuff

Hopes and dreams for the new story DLC next year?

>roll 50 core crystals for morag trying to get finch
>literally no rares
>start rolling for zeke to try and get vale instead
>3 crystals later, roll KOS-MOS

Your first blade can't be overdrived or dismissed so Rex isn' left without a Blade for sections where Pyra isn't in your team.

Torna prequel. See things from their end, get more development. They are a mirror of the main group as well, Two tanks, two attackers and a healer.

>tfw can't decide my favorite girl

Lucky, Kosmos is awesome on him. Though with the defense down, a stiff breeze will kill him.

NoA/NoE really don't seem to know what to make of these games. Xenoblade doesn't match the rest of Nintendo's lineup at all, and a lot of western Nintendo fans are confused by it or think it's sexist anime garbage.

When can I release that stupid common Blade Rex was pulled for first time?

What is Girls Talk skill?

>When can I release that stupid common Blade Rex was pulled for first time?
Never. It's insurance that Rex always has a blade for the sections when Pyra isn't available due to story.

Never

Purest form of love

Is it a skill Rex can use? Or is it for more of the female drivers? What does the skill do.

Girl talk is a skill that Kora has. It is used for some female NPCs.

Holy shit this is gross.

>Genki brown tomboy wind god that just wants to hunt the strongest monsters with you

How can other blades even compete?

I honestly don't give a rat's ass about the Aegis war after the ending

FUCK, posted in the wrong thread.

Some NPC's I come across have a chalice symbol above their heads, what does this mean?
They don't offer any quests or make any other requests of me so I'm not sure what the fuck the purpose of the chalice symbol is.

How do I get to this place to collect a Snow-White Rhino? Because I have not been there at all apparently and can't find it.

No idea.

How can you tell how much bonus EXP you have

rest at an inn

See that little island to the left of the Upper Area of Gormott? It's there. You need the tide to be high to get to it.

At the Inn when you're distributing points for a character the total is at the bottom right.

I think they mark miscellaneous shops or places where you can do a "kind deed" for Perun's affinity.

Some are just special requests or need for some blades quests. Its fairly open ended

Those NPCs have specific interactions with various blades. Like Floren can use his skill to make them give you things.

Nice one bros I appreciate it

I can't wait to get to more scenes with Team Rocket getting shutdown by Nia.

what is Birdbrain used for?

i forgot

Heart to hearts.

that's what I figured it might be. They should let you still move or dismiss all but one. my Rex already has 3 aside from Pyra, so fuckin let me switch

Left of the upper right area?
>take a long nap to make tide change
>Rex and Tora level up 4 times
>Nia 5
gg ez

I'm not getting any krabble spawns at the place the location says I should be farming. Is it because I beat the story?

What part of the story are you in?

So light element for Poppi exists.

I had the same problem, try moving to Cargo Transport Zone salvage point in the same area.

What stage did you get that on?

Left was the wrong word, west is more appropiate.
Check the Upper Level - Right part of the map, it's the tiny island on the west side of the map.

Its not mine, but someone got it on stage 5. sadly I have to grind for it now. Still trying to get Master Muscle Mod anyways.

I got master muscle on stage 5. So good luck to you as well user. I don't really want light element since Kos-mos is always going to be on play but knowing that it exists makes me HAVE to have it

Oh shit. I guess I never explored over there. Thanks man.

To not be as utterly disappointing as the BOTW DLC.

To take place AFTER the story in Elysium.

Should I try to get Perun on Rex or Zeke?

Zeke makes more sense with his higher Strength and recharge cancel but Rex has a much faster moveset and straight shota going.

Get her on Zeke because Rex can use her anyway after chapter 7.

how do counter passives work?

>counter attacks with 400% physical damage

what are the proc rates? it counters 400% of damage taken every hit? dont get it

I am just here to say Nia English VA is absolute shit and it kills me inside every Chain combo.

Zeke's smash animation on the megalance is the long as shit. Like you have to launch and then IMMEDIATELY use smash if you want it to land.

Counter is based on block percent. Every time you block, you counter and hit for 400% of the damage that you blocked. So if the block damage you received was 200, you will deal out 800.