/twg/ - Total War General

Barbarian Edition

>Warhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=qLSezK6_N5w
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-development-update (NEW)
tl;dr: December FLC w/ new game mode, Tomb Kings in January, Norsca/RoR in May

>History
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Previous: Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Red_Duke
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Age of Sigmar Total War when?

Dark Elves suck and High Elves are boring. What faction puts me in the best position to massacre them both early on?

Lizards.

Araby

Mousillon city of the ect ect ect mod user.

*blocks ur path*

rolling for 77

>rolling for dubs on a /v/ board

Roll

>not believing in yourself to achieve the impossible
lmao nigga get outta here

Aamzons DLC, when?

roll it

Creme or Lork?

Either way, the mods don't quite seem to getting in the way of the Dead Rise packs. They accomplish different things I feel.

Dead Rise feels like its aiming to let any Vamp faction utilize zombies from any other faction.

Happen to know of any mods that add a Chivalry mechanic to Mousillon? That would be a fun playthrough, as everything the helps Vamps is pretty unchivalrous (raiding, ambushing, outnumbering, & backstabbing are all Vamp strengths that would lower chivalry).

I'm currently RP'ing a chivalrous Red Duke. After surprise taking Bordelaux (already have Aquatiene), my undead will stay within my borders and the living/vampires shall be my questers. (Lahmians/Agu's Vamps/Vamp Armies all add great 'noble' male/female units)

Hopefully never. The very concept of Amazons derives from girl fetishism in the worst possible way.

Which faction in Attila has the biggest average cock?

>Tomb Kings still not officially announced

GW refuses to allow them. They insist on replacing them with Vamp Counts.

>hey guyyyz, our next DLC will be "cryp"tic heh heh

if it's anything other than Tomb Kings, babies will be kicked

It's going to be more Skaven. It's already confirmed.

Originally Warhammer II was going to be HE, DE, Lizkids, and Kangz, but GW said no because they don't sell Tomb King models anymore and want to prioritize their mary sue ratfuckers.

based GW poster

>crypts
>not tombs

It's the new Vampire Crypts DLC, introducing Strigoi Empire and Necrarch Brotherhood as playable factions.

Probably this.

>thinking that GW can't retcon the WF lore just because they destroyed it

Think again. Tomb Kings never existed in the first place.

>going back to "Tomb Kings still not announced"

creme. dead rise is a poor copy of one of my first mods user, the guy can't even make mousillon only skins.But thats just my opinion. by all means use his, it's just messy.
user the red duke's mind has gone after 500 years of starving in a crypt,he constantly relives the crusades where he was mortal and his defeat by his brother the king.But to him he sees everyone as a past enemy. so get crusadin
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Red_Duke

then again there is nothing stopping you from roleplaying him as honourable as he once was while alive, could be a trick of his fragmented mind.

As for actually honourable vampires aborash the unmodelled is probably the best guy that would fit. otherwhise you can just get nameless mooks and make them honourable.

something I hate about the additional units for mousillon mods is that at no point has the red duke had both living and dead armies(like vlad has). That triggers me immensely.

>tfw block and dodge
No end of pain.

>next DLC is Mousillon and Vamp Coast

>objective flavor says I'm supposed to retake Illyria
>actual objectives are basically 'invade greece and piss off the egyptians'

Eye of the Vortex has the best missions because they're actually MISSIONS, not fucking chapter objectives.

Langobards

I enjoyed your autism on Veeky Forums.

Hmmm, what do you guys think is the fastest possible VH World Conquest?

I think I've got a *decent* early run here, and the economy is starting to snowball a bit, but it's not good enough for me to just spam armies. I'm going to have to see how things improve when I get Marienburg maxed in 10 more turns, but I'm not sure it's going to be possible to finish in under 100 turns with this setup...

Franks

I SHED

Those black dudes.

Rollin

Rollan

Empire roll chart when?

I love the Attila side objectives.

>taking the "please raid me" region that completes the marienburg province

I hope you already genocided the the norscan shits or are planing to

Never. An AoS vidya would work better with a DoW2 engine TBQHFamalamadingdong

Who cares?

I'm a bit ahead of them actually.

I'm genuinely amazed at how enjoyable the experience of a Mazda campaign has been in ME
(With few mods - mostly just Norsca nerf) it's felt like there's a whole extra but of the game now after the chaos invasion.

>For reasons the great plan meant wiping out every elf in the world.
>and nothing of value was lost.

Fucking what.

While it wouldn't surprise me if this were true, it doesn't add up considering GW let CA add in brettonia, who are also officially squatted. GW had a leadership change around the time TWWH came out and overall it's been better and GW actually listens to their fans these days (kinda). They know they fucked up by squatting kangz so they'd be really fucking retarded to exclude them from their most successful current vidya. If they exclude them they're only limiting their player base which in turn hurts potential revenue.

KANGZ are on their way.

Every time I read more in the Lore, Vlad is seems to be just an all-around cool guy. "Yeah sure bro Bretos, lemme send this old vampire hero of yours to help see you through to the lady during the End Times."

But yea, I guess I'll go with a version of the Duke that, I dunno, didn't resurrect until the Seals were broken, so he didn't go crazy from no bluds.

I'm breakin' the lore.

Too bad the Abhorash mods are for VC/Vlad only, otherwise it'd be perfect to use once I have enough 'chivalry'

Why was a Norsca nerf mod necessary? They feel pretty toothless currently, at least to me, given that they AR poorly and don't really seem to be flooding the world with armies.

Have they been going out of control in your games?

Brettonia are going to be added in later, as a Mortal Kingdom in the Realm of Life.

Godamn Bretonnian money laundering schemes.

It's not raiding. It's Questing. There's a difference.

It's a speedrun, there's some serious cheese going on.

Essentially, if you get a province up to 2500 base income, Bretonian lords with the +15% income talent actually generate money.

They're raiding because it helps them level up towards that sweet level 12 that gives them another 15%, and it also generates rebels to help them level even more. The Chivalry cost is negligable, and the province is at level 5 so the growth doesn't matter.

Gotta fund that world-wide crusade yo.

I really wish the TWWH factions had more lords. One thing I like about the Empire is you have three you'll recruit over the campaign and they all have their own flavour. For the Lizards that's compounded by having one LL and your counterpart starting on the other side of the world.
It can't be just me who loves the quest battles and the feel of getting the gang together?

>I know your own lords develop personalities if you roleplay hard enough but it's difficult projecting such a thing onto Moustache Mcfloppyhatzen who will changes are be built exactly the same as any other empire Lord. Lizards dint even really look all that dissimilar so they're very generic indeed.

Does this make sense? I guess I'm saying I would like more personality? Fluff?

Yes, we want more like Arslan the White Lion or whatever his name is.

People will tell you to just mod shit in, people will say that semi-legendary is just a good idea in general and that CA should do it officially, blah blah blah. We know.

i wish total war skaven looked as good as vermintide skaven

That's why I use All Tabletop Lords. Then I can just run 1 of each Lord type for my armies. Also 33 New Skills really helps themed-army Lords cover their weaknesses.

Yes.
That and I just really dislike fighting them. About 50% of the time right from TWWH1 I've played empire. If I see another chariot memestack I'll have an aneurysm.
They were kinda fun as a faction with the DLC and more interesting to fight but now they're back and BEYOND again I just fucking loathe them.

I wish their voice acting was as good.

I'm posting until we get our promised regimental gangbang

Are the Skaven a grimdark parody of the Roman Empire?

Is ATTL in ME? I had been using (firmly empire game) Mixu/crysnos legendary heroes and whatever it is that gives a LL to all the Empire states.
>it was awesome.

What I don't get is that for very little effort legendary heroes/lords is literally a way for CA to mine money forever. As a complete lorefag I'd pay shekels for legendary heroes even for the factions I don't play as just for flavour.

No?

That would be nice but first person vs giant battlefield focus will give you that, same reason that predators have both eyes front, more detail when focusing on one thing

Have you tried doing this with dark elves yet?

Mom looks so much better in this drawing than she does in game.

>reminder that Tyrion forsaked Ulthuan for that puss

Kruber>Sienna>Saltzpyre>Bardin>Kerillian

>'All Roads lead to Skavenblight'
>Skavenblight is located in not!Italy
>Skaven council of 13 is a twisted republic where the tribes of the Skaven are represented, much like the Roman tribes
>Skaven are backstabbing sociopaths who care only about themselves, political intrigue is always at max
>their underempire technically makes them the setting's largest faction in terms of landmass

Saltzpyre > powergap > the rest

Thou must return from whence you came.
Please I'm not even memeing. Fuck off.

Time for my last stand against that faggot Tyrion. Didn't even have the decency to come and get me so I must sally forth for face attrition

Not unless they find a way to copyright Arthurian legend and dudes on horses.

You mean like Disney copyrights shit from Arabian Nights and basic Fairy Tales?

Yes, self-raiding with DE works wonderfully, the problem is that they have to deal with the Supply Lines malus, which eats up the profits after you get past early game.

I might take a more serious poke at them if this run doesn't mange

Well of course
>Tyrion heir of Aenarion
would jump at the chance of having his dick in the same vajinn as elf Achilles

Is the correct answer. He's also by far the best character personalitywise
>but muh waifu
>muh potato men
>muh stronkfirewomyn (who is somehow always played by a kid who's either useless or disconcertingly good -both are level 259)
>muh dorf.

Thats some cool stuff f.a.m
Is that mixus legendary lords to get Eltharion?
And which unit mod is it to get those cool looking Helf archers?

Yeah, maybe its a bit to do with that. I'm not even talking about general model quality as opposed to specific design decisions. Less weird anatomy/proportions, a mouth that can actually close, ratlike feet as opposed to monkey legs, a head that attaches to the top of the ribcage instead of looking like it was attached to the sternum, etc.

Its not that bad as, say, pre-8th monkeyrat models, but I really thought Vermintide nailed it, in actually looking/moving like a humanoid rat instead of generic-fantasy-beast-person.

but maybe it reads better from a top-down TW perspective, yeah.

As Skaven go I might almost pause before genociding those.

Its all from the mod that adds Eltharion as a LL

Empire or Bretonnia for Mortal Empires?

Is there a mod that disables confederation for every faction but Empire and Bretonnia?

Settra and Khalida are guaranteed to be Tomb Kangz lords. Who are the other two MOST likely to be, not what you would want? Arkhan the Black? That scarab fucker? N A G. A S H

They said we'd be getting a free Skaven LL? Who is it? It's definitely not Ikit Claw. He's definitely coming with Jezzails and Gunners. Thanquol will probably be the same as Grombrindal. So then Throt? That Uber assassin of lord sneek?

Playing ME on TWWH.

Is AI army roster variety locked behind some sort of paywall? The only dlc i dont have are wood elves, beast men and norsca and i've noticed some units that i know for a fact are on their roster never ever show up in the field, whereas factions I have unlocked use more units in general.

Hell norsca legit only ever builds 3 different varieties of units.

Settra, Khalida and Arkhan are guaranteed. There are a few choices for a fourth LL but they're all kinda shitty. My money would be on Khatep though.

Probably just mortal empires being more unfinished that wh1&2 respectively

braaap

The AI has unfinished recruitment priority code. Their army compositions are always a mess. Some people have problems with basic infantry spam, others with pheonix spam, and still others with chaos chariot memes.

I'm still hoping deep in my phylactery that we get Nagash as Archaon v2. I know that's dangerously close to the End Times but it would be awesome.

Nagash needs a Vampire Counts/Tomb Kings army though. I hope we see him too but he doesn't function as a LL for the the Tomb Kings.

How do I deal with flying shit as lizardmen?
Terradons don't do very well when trying to fight off a dragon or even a Phoenix.
Should I just wait for it to land and beat the shit out of it?

fuckin hit me

Poor little greek boy.

Against the AI? Yep, abandon the air fight entirely. Maybe shoot them down if you got an Ancient Stegadon, otherwise just mob them with anti-large.

Multiplayer? Fuck if I know, hasn't come up for me yet.

If you wanna fuck up fliers, Slanns get Vortex, which is a net that targets fliers. Still would need some ranged followup on that. It may be smarter just to ignore them if they're not a big threat and smash their infantry instead.

>No one wants to accept my trade routes
Why do they hate money

This is my biggest problem with the AI in TW games. Everyone is so illogically resistant to trade. With WH I can kinda understand, but...

Jesus, in historical games trade should be almost automatic.

If the you'll make more off the deal than the AI they hate it. The higher your profit margin gets, the more they refuse, leading to a spiral if you can't get anyone to trade while you're starting.

It's stupid, consider looking into mods that fix it.

It really bugs me how people think good AI design now means that it is dedicated to trying to make the player lose rather than trying to win.

>for some reason. Possibly a wizard or Grace thought you were the most attractive neet she had ever met, maybe the animation team needed a body double for nurgle. Who knows.
>For whatever reason you have been contracted by CA to fix or replace the diplomacy system in totalwarhammer.
>what do you do?

give me a non-shit faction