/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

first for law

do I absolutely need to be able to iWR2 for dragunov
it's really hard on pad

Post a video of you doing Jin's EWGF with a f df2 input.

>MWHUAHAHAHAHAHA

How difficult is Lee to pick up? I want to stop maining Claudio because he is so fucking boring, and literally has like 3 combos because of his limited moveset.

>Dude just launch the deathfist when you're at the wall lmao
>Hopkick doesnt reach
>Cancans dont reach
>Electric doesnt reach
>Only B2,1 which is like 20 damage vs Pauls 90+ if he hits a deathfist

Anyone could check if Heihachi still has the Vajra mask cusomizable for me?

How are you supposed to do Claudio's

u/f4, f+3 S!, f,f+4, b+3, 1,2, f,f,f+2?

The f,f,f+2 doesn't seem to want to connect, no matter how early I pop it off.

I'd argue that iwr is easier on pad.
Just try different rhythms. (ff f+2 or f ff+2)
Range 0 iwr is difficult no matter what, as long as you are consistent at range 1 you are good to go.

is the hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai good as a first fighting stick? my budget is about 150$ and this one seems to be really good for the price

Yes. The stick is very loose though so you might have to change it to a stiffer one if you don't like it.

i'm scared of doing that stuff since it breaks the warranty and i've never tried modding a stick before

DJ:s RA is realy annoing. Why does it have to also evade shit? And that range is ridiculous.

Not that guy but you don't know what you're talking about so just stop.
Heihachi, Devil Jin, and Jin can do EWGF only with this notation:
>f,n,d,d/f+2
Any other notation won't work.
Kazuya however, additionally to that, can also do it in either of these two ways
>f,n,d/f+2
>f,d,d/f+2
Only he can do it like that. You're an idiot so stop posting.

If Paul is far away enough that Deathfist will connect on shallow hit, then he's too away for Demoman to hit and you can easily just get out of there.

You're not, it's one of those max damage combos that aren't viable.
The best combo for his uf4 that is also viable is:
>uf4, ff4, b3, f2, f2, f3 S! WR2
It's also really good because you can change the last WR2 for a df3+4 to get a nice wallsplat.

I'm done trying to fight Heihachi

Stupid fucking piece of shit character

Low rank heihachis doing hellsweeps all the time are fucking hell

>fighting a lagging paul who does pretty much nothing but throw out death fists

I'd do that one more often, but the timing on the ff4 after uf4 is so awkward that if there's the slightest bit of latency - you miss it.

*bb3+4's you*

Paul has a two string, mid-low, the low crushes highs and is a gut punch, has a lot of pushback on block and ws2 does not reach. Do I have to low parry it? What is the best option?

Okay, I think I can say that either the Australian PC players are smurfs or the other regions are complete shit. I got my ass kicked by so almost every green/blue Australian player yet I have no trouble beating NA/EU and even Korean green/blue ranks, most of them at 4 bar connection. I know our player base is small but fucking hell I'm vsing people way out of my league.

>god tier hair and facial hair
>all thrown out the window by mouthbreathing
I dont know who that guy is but he fucked up big time

Better than an iWR2 ender that's for sure...

Demoted from Fighter to Brawler

This shit is so fucking depressing

Usually I just do the uf4, f3, ff4, b3, 212 just to be on the safe side. Still does a shitload of damage.

Tell me about your local fgc, /tekgen/. How is it?

How do I get to Fighter in 95 wins then lose to a 1200 win Brawler Asuka

>local fgc
I live 10 miles away from my nearest neighbor, and the entire county has less than 1000 people. I've never physically met another person who played fighting games.

>local fgc
>northern sweden

What local fgc? All we got up here is snow, swedish rednecks and reindeer.
and pretty much no blacks, could contribute to the fact that there's no local fgc..

Pretty cool dudes. We come together once a week, drink and mainly play anime. We play Tekken sometimes, but most of them don't really like it.

Isn't that 58 damage? That's below average for a hopkick

>fight Geese for the first time
>he perfects me 3 times

Well okay then.

Dunno never seen it. Any anons from Madrid who know about it?

>I dont know who that guy is but he fucked up big time

Neck yourself my man

Because it's Asuka, and unless you've labbed her for a week you're going to lose to her unga string spam

It's alright, just a little too far for me to bother going.

There is a FGC here, but I've never been there. They have very cringy streams of tekken and street fighter tournaments in twitch and youtube

>people unironically play claudio

Why would you do that to yourself?

>knowing the most basic Claudio bnb means you main him
I used him to learn the game a bit during the summer but that's it.
But yes he's super trash

Starburst is a great pacing tool. Also his wr2 is my favorite move in the whole game.

>Starburst is a great pacing tool
No it's not, it has no mixup.
>Also his wr2 is my favorite move in the whole game
Completely useless because Claudio has nothing to do with the plus frames that he gets off of a blocked WR2

We hang out at this place that rents PS4s every Friday and play Tekken until it closes. Plus it's in some complex thats surrounded by bars and restaurants so we always have a beer or two afterwards.

The crowd is also very friendly and supportive to beginners and everyone is super approachable.

Ranked makes me so angry to the point where I consider looking up that faggot Hwoarang player and stabbing him yet I keep playing it

Nobody has said the word "main".

So, I haven't played since the game released basically.

Has anybody figured out what you can do with Gigas, or is he still unsalvageable trash?

The latter.

So what exactly is bad about Lee now aside from difficulty?

He is best from range 2, his moves reach really far and it's easier to create whiffs. Also his two main pokes b+3 and d/f+4 are pretty good. Almost all of his useful mids are safe. He is not a great a character, but he has potential.

Nobody who's any good whiffs enough for you to win the game purely on that.
Those two pokes have no followups and are very minus on block, so your turn is over.
He has f3, his hopkick is basically the safest lightning screw, and a damaging WR2. He's stil an incomplete character.

Him and Katarina are so damn incomplete and basic they should not have been two separate characters.

A team full of gigas wiped out the best players in the world in the mastercup

Super old news.
It was fucking great watching them get wrecked one by one by the mighty gigASS

If Devil Jin is so broken why is Heihachi the most obnoxious Mishima to play against? Kazuya and Devil Jin are fun

>Nobody who's any good whiffs enough for you to win the game purely on that.
Creating whiffs isn't your primary objective with him. Your gameplan revolves around conditioning your opponent to duck and exploit his impatiance with his annyoing shit.
>Those two pokes have no followups and are very minus on block, so your turn is over.
d/f+4 kicks you out to range 1 even on block, you backdash, you're in range 2, his ideal range. You use b+3 when you think they will duck or you feel they are hesitant so you can annoy them further from range 0 with whatever shit you see fit.
>He has f3, his hopkick is basically the safest lightning screw, and a damaging WR2. He's stil an incomplete character. Him and Katarina are so damn incomplete and basic they should not have been two separate characters.
I agree with that, Claudio needs more moves. But the foundation is there and maybe in the next installment he'll get the proper tools. Until then, maybe in the next balance patch they'll buff his d/b+4, 3 so he has a proper low-mid string at least.

t. dj main

>conditioning your opponent to duck
Really difficult if you have shit lows.
>d/f+4 kicks you out to range 1 even on block, you backdash, you're in range 2, his ideal range. You use b+3 when you think they will duck or you feel they are hesitant so you can annoy them further from range 0 with whatever shit you see fit.
There's still no reason for him not to have a solid generic df1

He's really trash tier at the moment. Many other characters do what he does and better

>500 win brawler Kazuya
>doing frame perfect electrics, breaks command throws every single time, sidesteps perfectly, optimal wall combos, doesn't miss a single punish

what the fuck is this man. I'm not the one to complain about smurfs but this is just another level. I've seen red ranks play way worse than this guy, what's going on here

>Really difficult if you have shit lows
That's the thing. Your main conditioning tool is wr2, it's a high, but most people either sidestep it or duck it. If they sidestep, use f+3, which can be done from wr state. If they duck you can use f+3 again, ff+4 which can also be done from wr state and if you're feeling super confident, hopkick. Also SS4 is a really decent low, you can pressure with that in range 0 and then when they start breaking, you use hopkick after SS. If you do them right they'll be really hesitant to do anything.
You have to focus on annoying and conditioning your opponent.

Why take the risk?
Claudio's WR2 leads to absolutely nothing on block. He has no decent mixups options once he gets plus frames.

Say I've got a lifelead and the timer is at 10 seconds. What are you going to do when I turtle? WR2 into an 8 damage low that's minus on hit?

Melbourne and Sydney have an oddly large number of decent competitive Tekken players and it seems like quite a few of them like to troll people in green ranks.

What's the verdict on SCVI? Is it true that you can block lows standing?

WR2 into ff+3+4 or normal grab, d/b+3, SS4, if you have starburst d+2, 2 works sometimes, also for a completely wildcard move, you can use d/b+1+2 with starburst. I use these mostly.

Why is it that I never see anybody playing Lars or Bob? Bob I understand being fat and Slim Bob was the best thing that ever happened to Bob.
But Lars is super anime, and he's not even a trash character. Why is that?

>he's not even a trash character
Lars mains have made everyone believe that he is

I have to be honest, I've messed around with Claudio a bit too and I don't really think I get how he's supposed to be played. I've run into the same problem where I have nothing to threaten with after iWR2. At yellow ranks and above, people just break the command throw and block the second hit of d+2,2 on reaction. I feel like I win most of my matches through jabs, f+3 and whiff/SS punishing with the hopkick.

>into ff+3+4 or normal grab
You do realize that literally every character can do that and it's absolutely not a bullet point of Claudio, right?
Not to say it's the scrubbiest shit ever because grabs are broken on reaction.
>SS4
You mean a sidestep mixup, which can be backdashed or stepped away from.
>starburst d+2, 2
Not a natural combo, useless.

He's trash. He needs buffs and fast

>change to Lars
>start winning a bunch in a row

I still have no clue what I'm doing most of the time, but hey. He's flashy and fun.

FENG IS SO FUCKING BRAINDEAD

It's solid but unless you like a loose stick, like Grandpa's limp cock loose, I would go 50 bucks more (if that doesn't put you out) and get a Qanba Obsidian, Etokki Omni Sanwa edition, or a Razer Pantera. I legitimately put off getting a stick for over a year because I tried my friends HRAP4 and that stick is so loose and disgusting I couldn't do 360s if my life depended on it and struggled with fireballs.

It's the kind of stick you either love or hate.

Tsunami Kick is blockable on second hit

Tsunami kick refers to ws44

The low is slow as fuck and can be parried, yes. I think it can be sidestepped too but don't quote me on that.

fff+2 in the gap between the 1 and 2 animation. Usually that does the trick. or fff+2 just as the 2 animation starts.

Jin is too much effort

He probably has shit offense or game sense. I've fought Devil Jin in blue and once in silver that mechanically were way better than me and had perfect wave dashes and could do multiple electrics but I caved their fucking skull in because I played patiently and they kept hitting buttons/didn't know what to do at a range.

big boy damage. Really hard to play. Lee master Help_Me says it's better to not play Lee at all.

different person here
What about HRAP3 VX SA KAI? I have a friend who's bought it a while ago but hasn't used it at all and is offering to sell it to me for a hundred bucks, is it worth, or should I look for something else?

do 1,2,4 string then uf+2 or d/f+1+2 afterwards. If it's around green to yellow, they'd jab after the string. Lmao

I'm so tired of facing Bryans. His combos are so braindead, but does so much damage.

At the highest level, maybe. Really though, he's like Miguel - extremely solid with obvious strengths but there's no real reason to play him over the top tiers if you absolutely must win.

Claudio, Shaheen, and Katarina should have all been combined to make a whole new character called Claudia

>big titty caramel exorcist with great hair

You're not wrong

Pretty much everyon in this game has braindead combos.

True in the sense that pretty much every character can break low 60s with a braindead combo. However, some characters have a much easier time reaching the upper echelons of damage.

>Claudio's hopkick and wr2
>Shaheen's 4,1, orbital and slide
>Katarina's wall damage and mid crushing lows

I don't recommend a legacy stick because in a few years it's gonna start being real difficult to find games compatible with it and many tournaments ban them.

But if you are really strapped for cash that's a good stick and to my understanding uses a Sanwa level instead of the Hayabusa so it's not loose like your mom's box. Now beat it, kid. And thanks.

these players were macroing

how many nina players does tekgen have? raise your hand sisters

They still sometimes fucked up and would do d/f2s. Only one I'm suspicious about was one guy who actually did 5 ewgf combo.

how hated is alisa online

>three newcomers get merged into one character
>still doesn't have good lows

REALLY makes you ponder

I gave her a solid try but decided that her SS1 cancel stuff isn't for me. She's really cool and strong though, that much I'll admit.

>Shaheen
>No good lows
Shut up

She has no abusable online strats. I hate playing against hop kick spamming Alisas, if my character has no good ws punishes.

Slide doesn't count because it's not a low poke, it's a part of a mixup.
His other lows are minus/neutral on hit

Maybe that Kazuya was macroing. He did low parry to EWGF like it was a BnB, it was fucking crazy. But his movement was also amazing.