Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/U2AD8UHK
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124
Steve[Monster] SR Mod - mega.nz/#!hBQi0BYL!BVWiYErNVlf1Bfrx55LdW64Ck01Z7J8_99roVxHW7Mc
DARKNESSHERO SR Rance Mod - mega.nz/#F!VloWzD6B!trEkYLMKASDXIYsGdLa8jw

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Early 2018
Sengoku Rance (English) - After Evenicle
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2019
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
Rance X - 23rd February 2018
Teaser: youtube.com/watch?v=CpMoCuxFIIY
youtube.com/watch?v=lqyEY8H76TY
Gameplay Explanation: my.mixtape.moe/wvnjmu.pdf
Rance X Character Roster:
my.mixtape.moe/jlcxgw.png
Jpg version that is under 4mb:
my.mixtape.moe/ghknzm.jpg

RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Dohna Dohna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

>Upcoming Events
Quiz Project
pastebin.com/v6kuqn4q

Veeky Forums League
Round of 16 December 15th
Final Day December 16th

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/vg/170013615#p170075807
ioryhamon.com/20171211-ance10-collaboration-akiba
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for DEATH-chan

Tell me about Arms

Has anyone already posted the drawing of the Twitter event?

Not yet. Feel free to do so if you want.

Sorry but this is best monster girl

From last thread...

Look at his points and Action Count. That's obviously 5SNB.

Why have you recruited a Miko? At least I can justify the Ashikaga guy on the basis that he (always?) has Light Attack.

Wait, are you the guy that gives loads of people Defeated Warrior Hunt in 5SNB? I've been meaning to listen to you, could you give me some bullet points on why you think that's a good idea? I'm going to feed them to one of my .txt waifus.

Are you sure that you're new to the game? Most people don't start using alt+s until someone tells them to.

Anyway, vassaling Hara and Ashikaga were fuck-ups but they're far from fatal. You'd be wise to spend your next SAT bonus on a third action fan and to spend your bonus after that one on recruiting Dousan-chan. Otherwise the only thing that I can see on your roster that I dislike is that you've recruited some generics with troop counts that are so low that you're never realistically going to make them viable units. Come to think of it, why are you sitting on 19k gold? You could spend that somewhere.

Also, Oda Nobuyuki was one of the traitors that you fought at the beginning of the game. Trusting that fucker with a position in your army has no gameplay effect that I know of, but it makes me doubt the size of your penis.

Cont

>recoverable position
How much savescumming are you willing to do? Losing Owari is a Game Over. I'd say that you've only got a chance if Hara is currently vassalable and if Owari's taken territory isn't in the hands of the (presumably unvassalable) Tokugawa.

>You don't miss out on all that much by vassaling those two
Isoroku and the missed SAT are enough to bother me.

>Sure you could use the national power but you can just conquer to get it.
Vassaling gives just as much NP as conquering.

>Pity you attacked that particular province of the tenshi sect first though. Total brainlet move.
Why? It's the easier target and he can attack it through the vassaled Hara.

>No it's just easier to beat the faction boss on a plains vs a castle.
Is Seigan even scripted to appear in the final Tenshi castle? Regardless, I take your point. I'm tempted to turn this in to an expanding brain meme. The genius level strategy is to conquer Mikan and ignore the rest of their land until you can vassal them, although that doesn't answer the question of what to do with them in a route like KTM where you can vassal them from the start... is this worth arguing about? I'm leaning towards yes.

>Also allows you to DoW more enemies.
I guess that's sensible, not that Akashi has anything of value.

Want me to make a webm?

>It's okay to vassalize uesegi and takeda though.
Flawless bait.

last dude here. what's alt+s? i recruited the oda guy cuz prisoner what the hell may as well grab him

Decided to just go and make the webm. It barely took 3 minutes to do but for some reason ending the recording nearly crashed my screen recorder. Too bad that this scene is entirely unremarkable, my screen recorder's issue was probably more interesting than the fucking scene was.

alt+s is the shortcut for taking a screenshot.

>i recruited the oda guy cuz prisoner what the hell may as well grab him
That's fair.

I have like a options tab(?) up the top like a normal software thing? There's settings and stuff for the game

>That's still O(n^2) though.
I agree with you.
>The project
I feel you, I've already done something similar.

I see.

>Multiplayer SR
1- You're already doing that, right?
2- This one may be hard. Machine learning may be fun to use to improve the AI. I don't know how difficult it is to implement machine learning thought, or if there is any existing tool for it.
3- Git gud

True enough.

And as always, thank you for your hard work.

MIRACLE A BEST

>Also, Oda Nobuyuki was one of the traitors that you fought at the beginning of the game. Trusting that fucker with a position in your army has no gameplay effect that I know of, but it makes me doubt the size of your penis.

>not giving them a second chance and having them become some of your top men
Go to hell

I don't know what's more disgusting, your army or the fact that you've only got 51 SAT by turn 150. Were you role-playing as Hara Shouji?

who's sengoku best waifu and why is it Isoroku

First for Sill!

Is this a falseflagger trying to make Sill look bad?

My president can't be this cute

I bet your president isn't.

Of course, there is no way such a great being would exist in reality.

She sure can be.

I played this back before it had a full English translation, I remember laughing my ass off and it causing about 33% of what I recall as the harder orgasm of my life, but I'm pretty sure that my taste sucked back then so it might just've been shit.

Rewatching the second PV a few more times. Would be nice if we get a new video in the newest update. They're so much hype.

Smug Goddess

Cute as hell

>Machine learning may be fun to use to improve the AI.
Making AIs respond reasonably to multiple human players shouldn't be too hard, since I'm pretty sure they only ever interact with one human at a time. It's just a matter of keeping variables state.
I have no idea how idea how ML would work in here, but even more, I have no idea how one could even begin to hooking ML into the game.

In other news,
yuki.la/vg/170013615#p170075807
Daily reminder that DHR was a page 10 bump.
I propose that thread 701 be DHR 100 thread anniversary edition?

ML AI would be straightforward to code up if you could make an api around the results of a move.

For example, given state ABC, if I choose to move X, the new state is Y. I would have made an improved AI ages ago if we had something like this but the SR code is completely opaque to me

>DHR was 100 threads ago
Damn, I feel old.

I actually tried to wipe that black dot below her eye off the monitor lol

>spoiler
Tenshi sect is good to vassalize (arguably optimal) but unless you are playing KTM you will need to conquer all of it if you want to be able to attack Mouri without conquering Ashikaga, since (IIRC) you do not get the option to vassalize them until after used goods.

Isoroku is not a big deal in first games. If you look at the roster in that game I have some 60 troop warrior, he has pursuit battle (da real mvp). So if Owari has 2/4 free you can free up the rest right quick. However, if Owari is down to just the castle you'll have a hard time winning the fort battle since the AI sends really tough units. Especially if it is Tokugawa. Ashikaga or Hara is more accessible.

But in general I think it is recoverable. Dismiss units until you are below NP (don't need so many without the blitz to worry about) and take back Oil.

That's because you are old grandpa

Today I will remind them

>Hara Shouji
>any Sat at all

Which character was revealed last night?

No characters on weekends.

Is it quest scene in kalar's forest? I probably missed it by choosing another route.

who the fuck designed Quest final tower dungeon? This 30 floor shit is so tiring.

Amitos is the best.

At least you don't have to repeat ALL floors on subsequent tries, as long as you pass a certain number of them.

Is Rance going to finally pierce her hymen in IX?

No.
She becomes used goods in 9

Even better

So far he did show a character on both Saturdays. But told us to not expect them on Saturdays too.

Aaaaagh all my healers dead
I hate this randomly generated dungeon so much

The magnum one is pretty annoying too.
Odds are, you'll scrape through the n-1 floors, get fucked over by the final boss, then just use Alice to get to floor n since it's too brutal to possibly do it in one run

I did it in one run before.
It's REALLY fucking tedious and you need a LOOOOOOT of Rangers to help run from battle and reduce the amount of battles.

You can run from the battles in Am tower??

>Am
Oh I thought you were getting reamed by Pastel's tower.
I can't remember if you can run in Am's.

In all seriousness, as this some sort of challenge run?

I'd be tempted to say Kenshin, but once you pay attention you start to realise that she's a bit of an idiot. Suzume's probably the better choice.

I'd love to see how an AI would handle the Demon King route. Or even better how it'd handle the typical player's strategies against the permitless DK route.

I'd love to see an AI playing the route of SR.

>In all seriousness, as this some sort of challenge run?
First run.

Finally finished Quest after 155 quests completed and 17 hours (that's shocking, this game feels longer than that). Last dungeon is way too long and annoying. weird that the final boss deal so little damage while the other ghost Kalar bosses just one-shotted anyone they attack with 2k+ dmg.

Def. one of the worse Rance game. Anything else > Quest > KR > 01.

Now should I force myself to do Magnum story content or go to IX?

Why are you asking strange questions? Magnum ending is the one Rance IX runs with, not the Quest one, for starters.

where's the goddamn evenicle

I guess I will just use cheat engine and max my level and skill points to breeze through this. I'm already so tired of this game.

January or February. Mangagamer had a bunch of other high profile titles they released this month and have a bunch of titles that are in testing backlog.

ioryhamon.com/20171211-ance10-collaboration-akiba
There will be a collaboration between Rance 10 and 10 Akihabara restaurants from 15/12~05/01.

Each store will have a menu related with a different popular character.

If you go to a store and order from that collab menu, you get a Bath Poster (as in a poster made to be put in the bathroom).

So there will be 10 of those (probably one related with the character from the shop menu?) and they can only be obtained through that collab.

Info about the menus and the posters will come on the 12th.

Funny, good for you that you didn't play the original then.

>Paying random Japanese men to acquire posters of your waifu

On sundays.

This reminds me of the Rance 9 heroines posters. I I wish I lived in Japan.

I'm jelly.

What the fuck happened with /haniho/ that it now has so much shitposting?

Magnum gameplay is the system that actually makes Rance Quest fun. All the complaints that Rance Quest had fans roaring about, was fixed in that game.

If you cheat play now, you're being a moron.

You came online.

Why would you want a poster in your bathroom? Sounds like a good way to damage your poster.

I've been playing Quest with latest TADA patch until Full Kalar. I don't dislike it and I'm just tired of the game at this point and don't feel like putting effort to the game anymore.

It has nothing to do with being smart or moron. Just because you enjoy the entirety of the game, doesn't mean everyone else like it, smartie.

It sounds like a cool crossover, but I can't take part. I may have to pay a Japanon with favors and a bit of money if they choose a heroine I want.

He already had magnum with latest patches installed. The gameplay changes are on effect from the start, and not just when you start the campaign.

They did make a lot of changes based on what people complained, and the result is a quite better game, but still has a similar base, still is quite grindy, etc. So those who don't like this type of game still wont like it.

Those posters ate called Ofuro posters because they are made so that getting wet, vapor and etc won't damage it. So one could put them on the bathroom wall.

>-and 17 hours
Did you skip the story?

>page 10
You are better than this, /haniho/.

Draw for the round of 16 is starting soon, if you want to know who we're going to go against next week.

What do you people think is the next non-rance Alicesoft game MangaGamer could announce next year?
I was thinking it could be Drapeko, Pastel Chime 3 or most likely Oyako Rankan (I pray for Tsumamigui 3 too).
Any thoughts/wishes?

The Daiakuji dream still lives in my heart.

With Evenicle getting delayed through some trouble and SR and RQ on the pipeline, I think they may not announce any Alicesoft game next year.

Bumping.
I followed the advice of Chibi user and started working on how to draw a face.
Then I realized I didn't know how to draw an eye.
I'm a failure.

I started out unable to o eyes myself. You just gotta keep practicing.

Find some eye samples and try to draw them.

Okay, we're agaisnt /wtg/. We're going to lose hard.

Huh? Are they notably good?

No but we're notably bad. :^)

Sure, but there is many way to draw eyes, and I still don't know which style feat me the most.

1 to 12 were eye samples but I don't really like them.

>we're notably bad
>we will win the VGL 9
?

Yeah, there's many options. You just have to find some and go from there.

I'd suggest doing something like this: Draw the head character or 2. Try to draw their eyes and other details. It doesn't have to be perfect, so don't try to get it perfect. This is just practice anyway.

The round of 16 is still good, don't worry. Maybe next time we'll win it.

Family may have just fell apart and I'm still trying to study. Posting is hard in this situation.

I don't even play eroge besides Rance. I just don't know any other eroge with good gameplay that isn't pure boring VN. And I just don't like typical vanilla moe otaku-esque stuff, so most eroge are basically out.

Any recommendation?

That is true historically, but are you not forgetting that this is hanny's year?

If you like TRPG, I'd recommend to you Himegari, Kamidori, and Amayui.

Just kidding, lad. I know it's our year and shit but I'm expecting the worse now, it makes the loss easier.

That's loser talk, this is our year.

That's not a good mindset.

I sure hope you show me that I'm wrong, /haniho/.

We play /wtg/ in the fourth game on Saturday. Saturday has all the round of 16 games with the rest on Sunday.
We have a lot of good teams early on but to win you need to beat the best anyway.

We're fucking elite now, kid

In the ungodly unlikely event we win we need to change our logo to a brutal hanny.

Gahahahaha get rekt faggot

I may actually do this. Does anyone else want in?

It depends on what's the poster.

I hope we go 9-1 with /skg/ again