/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1112 - Bunnie Rabbot? edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K2NYYV565qI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Penders, a man without equal, a man who bestowed life unto the red echidna.
His writing is unparalleled, an artist crafting masterpieces, possessing the hand that saved the series.
He has not sinned, for he is pure. Remember, for he is our savior.

Well actually, you can tell that in those concept designs, "Terios's" spines fell down much more than Sonic's, like Darkspine's.

Sonic is awesome

5th for chameleon boy

>except a larger amount of Hesse wanking.

He's already confirmed he's only doing covers. He's too busy with personal projects to do full art.

Ivo, Ovi, Chris or Julian?

Oh shit, /sthg/! What are you doing to /dbg/?!

youtube.com/watch?v=K2NYYV565qI

Why won't he let me use his shit?

Did someone do this?

Welcome to hell

Someone is currently working on it, they're not finished yet.

It was in the last thread. The middle one isn't done yet.

Julian

Cheeseball

Ivo

Neat. Sonic anime when?

kissu

>ywn get hot and sweaty boxercising with Amy until you gain the upper hand and pin her to the ropes, ready to give her one hell of a beatdown

When we get a decent 3d Sonic game

>what is Sonic X and Forces

This is no different from Shadow's spikes flaring up like Dreamcast Super Sonic's.

Sweet Sage slipping down her napping post in the wee early hours of late afternoon.

I did better this time, thanks to help from drawfams.

Feels like I'm forgetting something though.

>Wily bragging about getting a good game that doesn't stuck in the past

Ivo.

I don't understand the Hesse hate at all. The guy started out a fan doing exactly what we do, got hired by SEGA themselves and worked on the comic. Should be proud of the guy for accomplishing what most of us dream we could do.

To be fair, Colors wasn't stuck in the past.

Why does Sonic look so strange in Forces? It is like they are trying way too hard to make him look classic.

How many crosspromotion girlfriends does Sonic have?
I know about picrelated and Hello Kitty, but is there any one else?

Wily really has no room to talk, though. I mean, I liked 9 and 10, but they were 8-bit throwbacks. 7 was decent, but we all know how 8 turned out.

I'm not counting 11 because we don't know if it'll be good or not yet.

New lighting engine.

Mega Man 8? More like Mega Man Great!

Tostino's Stuffed Nachos

Mostly contrarianism, partly wacky faces.

Remember when Shadow the Hedgehog came out in 1991? Wasn't that great? In fact, the whole Shadow series was great! Until Shadow Adventure, where they introduced that douchebag hipster Sonic.

Colors was made seven years ago.
Megaman franchise wasn't even that dead back then.

Time doesn't mean much when you only make 3 more games in 7 years.

He does look more Cyan than usual.

The Sega Hard Girls
Hatsune Miku

I wish there was a mass list of official crossovers/promotions.

Reminder that this is what Iizuka actually believes.

Snively's hair is glorious.

You forgot about Sonic 4 and Mania.

his quills are too short. They don't droop downwards enough. Instead of looking like a saw blade, his quills look more like a sideways M

How annoying is Amy?

2000s Amy? Pretty annoying.
Unleashed-Forces Amy? Not really
Boom Amy? She can be at times, but she's overall fine.
Post-Reboot Archie Amy? Not at all.

Amy a cute

Sonic 4 was made by Dimps and Sonic Mania was made by a smaller development team.

Very

I think that's mostly up to preference in art styles. I prefer ABT's stuff to Hesse's personally, but I don't hate Hesse. He worked hard to get where he is and I admire him for that.

Why does Classic Sonic have jaundice in SOnic Forces?

8 was okay. Now & Bass was really bad.
Powered Up was really great though ;_:
11 looks really good in the trailer too. Even not counting the actual gameplay, new designs are gorgeous and modernized just right. Gears look like a fun gameplay addition.
Run animation looks a bit weird though.
>Sega Hard Girls
Company mascots like that shouldn't count, even though that they are cute.
It's sad that he never teamed up with Segata Sanshiro though.
>Hatsune Miku
She is a cross promotion slut.

Best Version of Tails?

Sonic Heroes/Battle/X/Rush Amy are the only annoying ones.
All other Amy range from alright to cute!

So I suppose not that much then.
I understand there's other crossovers and crosspromotion that Sonic did but they're more objects and the general series rather than with a specific person.

No, idols are awful.

Basically what I mean by 2000s Amy. I like the others

Because his gameplay is half-baked and underdeveloped. His jaundice reflects this.

Nice stuff, user. I almost want to shamelessly steal this for my fixfic because it sounds like a damn good idea with plenty of feels.

I want to keep things close to the original though, as a whole I'm generally worried about things getting too melodramatic, I'm afraid of an ending like that. Tough decisions.

Sonic likes them!

Lighting.

Post Shadow with guns

Why haven't Sonic and any idol had their duet song? It could've been neat.

Where is the damn fourth Chaos Emerald?

Sonic also likes the wind rushing against his body and running quickly, neitherof which I like. The best part of Love Live isn't even an idol.

Amy was good in Adventure 1, outside of slower gameplay that annoys some, even though it's like 3 or 4 levels, and okay in Adventure 2.

When has Shadow ever used a gun?

>PUMPING
>AN
>MP5

With your penis?

In his game.

>a cartoon hedgehog holding an actual fucking 1911 in an officially released video game

I still cannot believe Shadow the Hedgehog fucking happened.

What were they thinking? Why would you think this was a good idea?

l-lewd
yes.

I actually thought it was really cool when it was first announced since I thought the concept would never happen.

would've been nice to see Shadow inspecting a weapon or two, perhaps gushing over modifications or specs.

To be fair, kids were requesting shooting in Sonic games even before SA1. By the time they started on Shadow, there were a lot of kids who wanted Sonic to have a gun. They didn't want to tarnish Sonic's character, so they gave Shadow guns instead.

I once read that it was cashing in on Prince of Persia: Warrior Within's schtick of taking a relatively family-friendly game and making it edgy because money.

I wanna see Shadow go Big Boss autistic over his 1911.

You know, I say it was a bad idea, but really there's no such thing as bad idea, just bad execution.

In some alternate dimension, Shadow the Hedgehog was probably really fucking good.

Oh I actually thought Shadow the Hedgehog was a good game. At least 70% of it was.

well, I didn't want to draw the exact parallel, but this.

After his little gun-gasm, Shad pulls the trigger but it's a ligher. Maria has a cute chuckle.

Do you ever wish Sonic was your friend?

>To be fair, kids were requesting shooting in Sonic games even before SA1.

What kids? Who are these kids? Is there some kind of proof these kids ever existed, because I was not one of them.

Were you one of them?

Hedge La Hedge

I wanted Tom & Jerry game with actual, non-cartoonish guns in 2005.

We talked about this yesterday. IIRC, it turned out that linear "hold right to win" corridor gameplay would have happened anyway.

Even if you only did one path, Shadow the Hedgehog was still not even close to acceptable as a video game.

The entire state of the franchise hinged on Sonic 06's success or failure.

What was the deal with the Second Devourer? Clearly it was a homage to Time Eater, but I feel like they were setting up for something with that. Was the implication that the Time Eater came from Gold's dimension, too?

>Female CatSonic is fine too

Shadow was cool, guns are cool.
It would be in character for Shadow to like stuff like bikes and guns even though he doesn't really need them.
Good and fast platformers with shooting exist so it can be done good.
They could've make them not that realistic though.
I remember quite a bit of fangames with guns.
And mods for stuff like Quake 3 and GTA.
So there were kids wanting that and overall "maturity"

I disagree, as it is easily one of my favorites in the series.

Ask Evan.

Shadamy>Sonamy