>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iWFgvbf_Zu8
youtube.com/watch?v=lo_8GXRWVS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Iron Keep's difficulty is incredibly overrated.

Agreed.
It's annoying, but it's honestly not too bad if you know how to lure the enemies out and kill them off without causing a tidal wave of weebs.

>DS2 mlgs
What the fuck is this abomination? Why does it have an ugs moveset?

Lads, what's with this lizardman in Sen's Fortress who's lost his will to live?

he's sleeping

Poke R2 > Swing R2

He's a Mexican holding a siesta

>Alt+F4’s during riposte
Damn...

I will never understand how people like that play souls games out of all the games that exist.

People who consider Souls games hard are the same kind of people that don't look when they cross the road.

>not copying the OP right
youtube.com/watch?v=iWFgvbf_Zu8

Its pretty funny when they do that, Always give me a good laugh

FGC rejects, friend. Their ego is easily bruised.

Dark Souls 2 is underrated, and the vast majority of criticisms are of concepts that raise the skill ceiling of the game.

Complaining about the art style and sound design is fine and dandy, but DaS3's screeching Bloodborne hollows get old pretty quickly, too. The PvP however is arguably the best in the series. Soul Memory was a mistake, but people said bonfire warping was a mistake too and they kept that in. SM was an obvious attempt to rid the series of twinks, and instead of finding a better way to do so, they just made invasions complete trash in DaS3 instead.

It's definitely comparable, in my opinion. The geography of the world doesn't line up, get over it

please stop

Only 8% have the smae opinion about Cock Souls 2
While almost the half of the community thinks 3 is the best
You play everything for Shitsouls down and exaggerated everything for Danke Souls 3 baka
>Best
>P
>V
>P
Ahahahaha

>always thought the Blacksmith Hammer and Avelyn trades with Pickle Pee were worthless, since you can get to ADP and buy your own Titanite Scales by that point
>only realize now that it's there to literally let you trade Titanite Scales to twinks, since you can mule the weapons over and then trade them
My mind is blown.

oh boy it's gonna be one of these threads again, even reddit is better than this shit

"i picked up dark souls at 3 because all my freinds were playing it on PC" -the strawpoll

Agreed. Ds3 feels so bland, I can never muster the strength to do another playthrough. Ds2 on the other hand has so much variety and is massive.
The people that complain about adaptability and “gliding” character movements or whatever are just shitters

I fucking hate dumb polls like this.
Now we've got a faggot parading it around like it's proof that god exists, trying to convince everyone that it's the de-facto "everyone agrees on this" poll. It's just pretentious and annoying.

Guys, help me ouy here. What weps and spells are good to use on a 40/40 dex/int build? I have no idea what to use. Friedes scythes doea shit dmg for me.

so one direction makes incredible music then, right?

miley cyrus is an incredible musical artist because millions of people agree? or did you just realize how fucking stupid it is to reference the lowest common denominator when assessing the quality of one product compared to another?

>Dear White People has 100% on Metacritic!

>MOTHER OF GOD ITS THE BEST TV SHOW EVER MADE AND LITERALLY HAS ZERO FLAWS

>ZERO FLAWS

>killed in 2/3 hits
>incredibly easy to rollstab
>come out one at a time to get murdered
>only has 2 attacks, both are easy to dodge
tough enemy

>Only 8% have the smae opinion about Cock Souls 2

Not that guy but he didn't even say it was the best

That's because Friede's only does the magic damage with the L2R1, otherwise it's just a pure Dex weapon with frost. And reapers are supposed to do shit damage, you use their range and dead-angling to kill people outside of their attack range while also being able to chip through shields.

Try Greatsword of Judgment and Moonlight Greatsword, the former scales off of both stats while the latter is a "pure" Int weapon.

Tou guys froth at the mouth every time it's posted so I can see what it keeps showing up.

H-he's fast!

The image MD5s have been added to the filter, so just filter them and enjoy bliss.

The dagger guys can backstab you?

They can

Retards last spastic seizures

Would you fuck a FemCornyx?

>Replaying demon's souls
>Vanguard, the red eye knight and 2kat skeleton are all a joke now

maybe

>Magnanimous Cloak

Sandwich with her and Cuckulus

Be quiet, Gundyr had a rough day...

A small part of me wishes the Blindfold would at least show off some hair. Just feels weird to have a character that looks bald despite them having hair.

i can't imagine how hard i would steamroll DeS if i ever picked it up again. altar of storms skeletons and gravity are all i can think of that would possibly be as fast or relentless as what i'm now used to

Wow so tough!
I bet you are obese too!

Sleep tight Champ!

>parries

the stairs before penetrator are still bullshit tho

Can someone tell me if I'm overleveled or not?

Doing a first playthrough of Dark Souls and just did the Bell Gargoyles, and they crumpled like paper. Felt like a cheap win because I didn't feel like I learnt how to fight them, just brute forced it because I was hitting hard enough and had enough health to survive.

I'm level 27 because I wanted to fight the Black Knights and had dumped all my early levels into vitality and endurance and was getting nowhere with my Broadsword, so ground strength to use the Claymore, which did the job.

Will stop levelling for a while if so because I was excited for that boss fight since it's one of the ones I'd seen before playing, and breezing through it was super disappointing.

Is dex inte even worth it then?

Seems like you cant do a whole lot with it then

Level 27 for the first bell sounds about right. You'll want to be around 35-40ish by the time you finish the second bell, then 50 by the time you hit the mid-game.

Consider this -- maybe you just did a good job.

pumping vitality makes DaS sooo much easier. that's probably why they felt easy. they were hitting for 1/8th your HP bar when for most people they are hitting for 1/4

How big is the difference in damage between a 45FAI or INT caster and 60FAI/INT?
Typical difference in mag adjust seems to be around 30.

It's the most "viable" of the hybrid builds that aren't a 30/30 Int/Fai Chaos/Dark build, because there are actually weapons that synergize with those stats. Friede's, GSoJ, Aquamarine, Crystal infusion, all of those work on a Dex/Int build.

You can have fun with it, it just isn't a top tier PvP build.

27 is a good level for where you're at. there's no need to stop leveling. the gargoyles aren't that great, you'll encounter much more memorable bosses later

Fantastic for a dark-based int caster because murky longstaff softcaps on 45INT and dex allows to free sage ring slot for something else.
That's on top of cool hybrid weapons.

Pretty fucking big. A 60 Int CSS build is more than capable of two-shotting any build in the game, while that 60 spell buff difference between a 45 Faith Cleric's and a 60 Faith Yorshka's translates to hundreds of HP difference for the same heal.

Thank you user. Im not looking for pvp in an arena sense, but purely for invasions. Just tried the dagger out, and its a lot of fun but hard to use.

I will try that then

But what level would you recommend capping at? 80?

What's a good place to stop? When I played Bloodborne I pumped right up to the first softcap and still got my head caved in about 40 times by Orphan of Kos at the end.

I'm at 20 Vit, 19 End, 16 Str, 12 Dex now. Rest unchanged from knight starting stats.

Why DS2 sorceries feel like a massive shit?
Soul Spear Barrage is probably the only thing that is actually satisfying to use.

>But what level would you recommend capping at? 80?
Two-stat hybrids should go to at least SL100 to not feel shitty.

SL90 is up to where most people stop for invasions, since you can invade into a wide range but will be able to avoid the SL120 cancer players. It lets you invade quite comfortably into the DLC zones, and semi-regular activity at Grand Archives and ADP.

For a hybrid build like yours, you'll probably have to stop somewhat higher, even if you lock a ring slot to Prisoner's Chain. As long as you don't pump a huge amount of Attunement you should generally be fine though.

>SL90 is up to where most people stop for invasions
You have zero proof to back this up.

Thank you anons, i will try going up to a 100 then.

invading at 100 and higher is a massive clusterfuck of unprecedented degree as vast majority of your opponents are going to be dedicated gank teams

>Sorcery
it has never EVER been good other than for PvE.

(90 * 1.1) + 20 = 119 when invading as a non-Mound Maker. And everyone knows that invading at SL120 is a stupid stupid decision since you'll only get cancerous shits and gank squads.

The best invasions are found between SL30 and SL70, if you want PvP at SL120 then go participate in duelfaggotry.

These are opinions. Not fact.

I'm talking about pve.
Vortex and other cool-looking shit is straight unusable in 90% of situations, it manages to do a laughable chip damage in the same amount of time it would take me to spam the target down with soul arrows or barrage. Why Soul Geyser exists is beyond me.

Soul geyser was good once. Once.

>anecdotal evidence
Not an argument. I could just as easily post a picture of my duelist with gold and +5 PUGS, and say that they're good in the arena.

soul geyser used to do absurd amounts of damage

The game has been out for 1.5 years. I can grind 600 tongues in two weeks on any new invader. You just have a lot of patience to not drop this shit on yet another absolutely unfair high level gank squad that just steamrolls the area.

PSA: The Great club strong attack has no recovery times and can go directly into an R1 with hyper armor the entire time.

Two types of invaders:
>Invades to win with as little effort as possible, disregards what makes the souls series fun in the first place
>Min-maxed builds
>Twinks
>Crystals out against gank squads
>Whines about how unfair DaS3 is to invaders

>Invades for the challenge
>Uses cosplay and suboptimal fun builds
>Drops embers and crystals out when meeting low playtime solo hosts
>Knows that gank squads are filled with shitty players and isn't fazed
>Doesn't get salty when he dies. Learns from his mistakes
>Embraces verticality in all its glory

Can't think of anything else to do today huh Riot?

how unfortunate for greys

That's been known almost since release
Me on the bottom. Except I rarely learn from my mistakes

>people said bonfire warping was a mistake and they kept that

You dumbfuck, DeS also had warping from the start. DaS 2 didn't suddenly invent that.

Couldn't you only warp to the beginning of a level in DeS?

So the Dark soul has the power to create worlds? As the old world burns a new one must be made each time?

No, you can warp to boss archstones too

youtube.com/watch?v=lo_8GXRWVS8
Chad invader exhibit A

Yes, moving like you're underwater raises the skill ceiling of the game just fine. As always, a DaS2 fan disregards all the criticisms just because "my PvP". Guess what, when recovery cancels were discovered, the PvP turned to shit. Top tier DaS2 PvP is two people spinning around doing nothing but waiting for the other guy to make a move first, and if they do something, it's with recovery cancelling to make it almost unpunishable beyond trading, which is piss easy because the hitboxes come out even if the attack is interrupted. Truly the best PvP in the series.

Didn't boss arenas mark the ending of a sub-level though? As in, past the boss of X - Y is the X - Y+1 area? So basically the beginning of each area? Warping from the start is fine as long as it's not used as an excuse for poor level design/connections. Take DaS3 for example. Can you imagine it without warping from the start? It would be a nightmare, having to do fucking everything each time, starting from the high wall somehow. While introducing warping from the start to DaS wouldn't hurt it more than the player wants to.

Why is nioh general not in here too

Because you didn't read the title of the thread.

Because it's not a Souls game

pfffffff yeah it's an amarita game hah

Yes, DeS is where the whole "boss drops a checkpoint" thing originated, but in that game there weren't any scattered through the level, only one at the start of each world and then the ones dropped by each boss which marked the start of another sublevel.

Bitch nigga, i invade to win, minmax into oblivion and utterly shit on a host and his buddies but i never crystal out or whine because i make like 40 tongues per session.

It's about the DESTINATION
NOT the journey
In Dark Souls
In PEE VEE PEE

nioh is for gross heterosexuals

So technically you did warp to any bonfire? Maybe I shouldn't be talking about a game I haven't actually played, so I'll just stick with my statement; warping from the start is fine as long as it's not used as an excuse for poor level design/connections.

It's been a long time since I played DaS 3, is dark sword still the best one handed sword? If not which one is it?

Dark infused lothric knight sword, but greatswords, ultra's and other greatweapons are pretty good too now

Darksword has never been the best, except for pve. At any rate, the current cancersword is dark lkss

>still
It was never the best

Anyways, either Long Sword or Lothric Knight.

Even for a str buid?

>cancersword is dark lkss

Why exactly?

DeS is divided in worlds and every world has sections with one boss each like 1-1, 1-2, etc. You can warp to any archstone but there aren't any to be found in the levels themselves aside from the start of each world, so there's only one archstone, then the whole area + boss, then the next section starts with the archstone dropped by said boss after which there's another whole area + another boss, and so on. Since there's no other checkpoints aside from the start, the areas still have good shortcuts and such. The progression in each world is linear, the freedom lies in which world you tackle first and if you keep progressing on it or if you go do another part of another world.

Oh for STR. In that case yes if you only plan to R1, however a heavy longsword is still good and has a better R2 and WA