/niohg/ Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-AzJ-vPXWOs?t=345
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yoooOOOO

Is there any news about there being a sequel?

Two Kings: Nioh

Tonfa make my gunstick go boom if you know what I mean

I know what you mean

Speaking of which what is the one thing you want the most in a sequel?

For me it's a more open world.

Christ, no. I'd rather keep the missions. Just give us more interesting level design.

>Just give us more interesting level design.
And more maps. There are only like four side-mission maps that aren't reused main story maps.

Tonfa to not be so underwhelming desu. Also mongols/huns. I forget which one got rekt by the hurricane.

Wait until you get to Hayabusa.

>new weapons to play with
>balanced guardian spirits and LW
>better onmyo magics
>sets that give you boss movesets
>makes early game less tedious for new comers
>more yokais variety, less humanoid bosses

>>makes early game less tedious for new comers
What's tedious about?
And what do you consider "early game"?
If anything, it was too easy.

I would like them to stop reusing the same bosses over and over. Also more monsters not just yokai with different weapons, amrita yokai, RED DANGEROUS DEMON YOKAI.

the important question is
new setting or same setting same time?

Anyone wants to co-op WotD DLCs?

Make it FUCKING CYBERPUNK.

I want nioh too either become fully oriented at first playthrough, like dark souls, or make WotN default difficulty, and improve balance.

I want
>Multiple real characters instead of using books to re-spec
>much bigger zones with more things going on
>grapples that work like in Ninja Gaiden's obliteration techniques
>soft lock like in Ninja Gaiden when you don't use lock on
>Ninja Gaiden's parries instead of dark soul type shit
>estrus flasks (sorry but seriously)
>less predictable bosses
>biggest weapons are more efficient against bigger enemies (right now it feels like the opposite)
>O button used for something more than just opening doors or iai, like ninjustsu/onmyo moves
>an additional enemy type not just youkai or humans
>armors need to be actually useful
>less armor also actually useful (A agility is barely worth it)

Also they need to do something about the inventory. And less random rolls and shit, why do games keep doing this, just let me pay in exchange of getting exactly what weapons I want
I also noticed youkais and even some humans tend to start attacking even though their being cut. I want proper combos in Nioh 2

does susano quick attack bonus boosts shit like twin moons?

What's better for more dmg, familiarity or agility bonus?

Usable unlocked movement.

>Speaking of which what is the one thing you want the most in a sequel?
The lockon from the alpha.

Both provide +15% at 'A' Agility / Max Familiarity, however you can get the Agility bonus on your range weapon to apply to your melee. Familiarity Damage Bonus on ranged only applies to the ranged, so you put Familiarity on melee and Agility on ranged.

Thx

What's that exactly?

youtu.be/-AzJ-vPXWOs?t=345

The game's unlocked controls are an absolute tragedy, the character has a turning circle and runs itself around slowly as you change direction like a double decker bus doing a 3 point turn. This makes unlocked play only usable briefly for specific things, forcing you to constantly lock to be able to move around properly.
Multi-mob fights are fairly terrible in a game that forces you to lock to one target, Souls doesn't have this problem because its unlocked controls are clean.

You do realize there are Aoe tools designed for mob control right? Ki pulse weapon switch can be abused to the high heavens to keep mobs in check, for example.

Souls unlocked was only decent because of what you where swinging and the lack of pushback on block. NG actually had clean controls without any form on lock on

Your mid stance is a horizontal swing. A horizontal swing is perfectly fine for hitting multiple mobs, except to use it properly you want to manually aim it, and as soon as you unlock you now have to deal with a 3 meter wide turning circle while moving around.
There's no excuse for Nioh's unlocked controls, stop defending that bs.

And I'm telling you, that turning circle has no bearing on effective mob control. It was greater in other games yet posed no problem there. It's about what kind of moves are available for that task and their reach. Playing games with a 15 meter turning radius still had solid aoe options

>more enemy variety
>phase out smaller enemies like dwellers and small skellys late game
>make all the human characters fightable in the dojo post-game
>remove ALL large bosses (eg centipede, bozu, hueg skelly, silly snek)
>actually make a villain that isn't MUAHAHAHA SO EVIL
>balance some elements of ninjitsu and onmyo but make them less necessary in higher difficulties
>make confusion less hideously unbalanced
>make unique weapons actually unique to promote soul matching outside of divines

>trio of kelley clones on way of the strong
I'm not good enough for this.

Just finished OMI region in WoTN and have only found equipment up to +37. Do I need to continue on to the DLC to get up to +40 or is anything better only found in the Abyss?

All ninjutsu, onmyo and lw whores as well as all Iai cheaters take note: this is what a quality non-cheese build looks like in Nioh.

No seriously, how the fuck do I get passed these three assholes? All but one of their attacks are OHKOs and my living weapon only lasts so long.

git gud, use buffs/debuffs, and cheese if you have to by spamming large spirit stones to keep LW up

That's the thing, I don't have any time to do anything because even if I kill one, the other's always up my asshole and my hands are full trying to dodge their instant-kill attacks. Which are almost all of them. I don't have time for buffs or debuffs.

Why are you trying so hard to handwave bad controls user, is team ninja's hand that far up your arse?

Because I've played far worse. Niohs lack of mob control doesn't even hit top 20 on that list, so I'm going to continue to call you on on your bullshit.

>he doesnt have insta cast jutsus
raughs in critical LW

Turns out I'm literally retarded and the thought of buffing BEFORE fighting them didn't even fucking cross my mind.
Christ, might as well kill myself. They were so trivial when I had buffs up beforehand.

>There are worse games than this so a completely unnecessary control problem shouldn't be fixed.
Stop, you're sounding more retarded as the thread goes on.

And you have yet to point out anything what so ever outside of attacking my person.

Good for you bub. I know you like dark souls and all, but ima let you in on a secerate.

There is more than one way to handle crowd control in action games. Turn radius is only one avenue.

both of you are gamepad babbies, too retarded to realize that with mouse controls those problems don't even exist

>Brings up peripheral
>In a game design argument

t. nerd that takes an hour to turn 360° and walk away with his stick

What does that even have to do with anything in this thread? Go shitpost on /v/ or something, do something productive with your time.

if you want your bait to be taken, don't make the same post you did last time word for word

>bait
it's just a reminder for all the cheese loving guardian talisman spamming do you even guds

You don't understand the problem clownboat, this is nothing to do with camera turning speed. There's a hard limit on how quickly the character will turn around while moving unlocked, which still applies while using a mouse and keyboard. Since turning around is the only way to change direction of movement you're unable to move accurately while unlocked, which makes the sort of tight unlocked spacing used in Souls impossible, because the game's unlocked controls are bad.
If you don't understand what I'm talking about and didn't recognise this immediately it's just because you're a shitter who can't space properly.

Any ideas on how Equipment Weight stacking functions when using two rolls on separate range weapons?

If two As only give a marginal improvement, then I'm thinking it might be better to go for an additional 10% with agility bonus on the second ranged weapon

>too bad to control the camera
>therefor the game is shit
bet you got killed 100 times by the first onryoki

y-you do realize you can strafe unlocked by holding block right? Dodges are even 8 way when doing that

you only get the stats from the weapon in the active slot, so don't bother

>You do realize you can drop yourself to 20% movement speed while unlocked by holding block right?
Gotcha, thanks.

You do know that dodging is like 2% faster than sprinting right?

I mean, you have part of an argument, but keep bringing up the wrong shit

Look, you're a moron. If you're trying to get somewhere far away as quickly as possible then it doesn't matter than your character has a large turning circle does it. Facing also doesn't matter because pressing a direction + attack while unlocked will instantly switch your facing. What matters is small movements left and right, or forwards and back to position yourself quickly. Which aren't possible because your character will try to run itself around in a circle instead of stepping quickly about.
I understand that if you're just shit and can't really take full advantage of your movement options then it wouldn't matter to you that unlocked movement is crippled, but regardless of whether you personally care that the game has bad controls or not, nobody has given a single reason why the game needs a 3 meter turning circle on unlocked movement.

What element is Nine Tailed Fox weak too?

I want them to copy Souls's multiplayer more. None of that separate multiple mode bullshit, let me join people while I'm playing through the game instead of having to sit on the Torii Gate screen.

>"Mysterious Samurai"
>He use a spear
What

What do you mean

>"Obisidan Samurai"
>He uses an axe
What

Except we have several times. People have told you repeatedly that the dark souls mechanic of dead angling and its movement system does not exist here since its not a Souls game and it would not match the pace of combat found here, and was not even possible to emulate that until the dlc came around due to ricochet on guarding enemies. Again I want to highlight that what you are looking for is never needed in this game, and small movements are even discouraged due to how tracking functions and how extreme it can get. Nioh by design is a dual focused combat system, where the idea scenario is being able to separate multiple foes and defeat them one at a time, with notable exceptions for weak mob crowd control.

You have been arguing about how its impossible to do and people are not utilizing their movement to their fullest, yet fail to realize the fallacy of such a statement. You want a system from X into Y, nothing else. The very nature of control philosophies and how they differ between developers does not necessitate the label of bad controls. They are different with two approaches to the same thing.

Souls does movement in a sublime fashion just like NGB did before it with input buffering and canceling, but it was because of the game's pacing. No one here is not utilizing niohs movement options ineffectively because its not present in the first place, so please dont imply as such.

Spears were the main weapons of the samurai though

I learned that I can one shoot them with Headshot from Canon. As soon as they pop from their jar I shot in head. 3 shots 3 kellyes.

>Why stab a nigga with a 4ft blade
>When you can stab said nigga 10 feet away with a blade on a stick

Katanas are small man.

>samurai only use swords

No one past the age of 15 actually believes katanas were ever main battlefield weapons

>dead angling
Wow user you're trying so hard to avoid the topic you must have had a stroke. Are you seriously going to run with the idea that you don't understand why players would want to be able to move accurately, in an action combat game based around melee range hitboxes? Small movements are discouraged? Do you even play Nioh?

>Finally finished the 3 DLC areas
Fucking brutal compared to the main game. How's way of the strong compared? Just unlocked Queen's Eyes for it.

i didnt bother with wots, just do queens eyes and go straight to way of the demon

Well, alright. Level 320 seems like a big jump though.

How I use axes?
Without spinning to win
Because I'm pretty disappointed by their damage output right now

These level numbers mean nothing don't worry about them, and if its too hard for you then you can always go back

Spear and bow are the samurai weapons.
Swords are peacetime hobbyist toys.

If a submission has 5 red swords denoted for it's difficulty or whatever does that just mean that it's always going to be a boss fight?

>maria in a kimono
cute..........

Swords are a side arm that's more convenient to carry around on your hip than a spear is when you're wandering about town.

What fucking pants would go well with my cool ice fashion?

Don't reply seriously to the non-serious part of my post or I'll meme on your waifu.

>have to enter the level to do co-op for it
No, fuck that.

Rising Sun or Vassal's, maybe?

You look like a dumb idiot

Help me fix my pants then

What's with all the top tier asian waifus in this game holy shit I don't know which direction to direct my boner to at this point

Gee Date, how come Maria lets you have 2 spirits?

fucking got him though

Hanzo is the best waifu though

which odachi is that?

Futsunomitama. Drops in the abyss or as a reward for beating WotN Everlasting Duty.

test

I prefer human bosses as I like fighting famous sengoku badasses since I'm a nerd for that shit

>LIVING WEAPON IS CHEATING
>literally never even get to use it on bosses because the bar is empty

Extraction + Pleaides Talisman. Here, you have access to LW almost anytime you want.

Samurai used spears too, whatever they were accustomed to or trained with.

you should ignore anybody who talks about anything being cheating, it's well-established now that they're cocky lowbies who don't know shit

Anyone up to help a scrub on the last samurai? Ps4 pass is NIOGEN