/mhg/

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1 (embed)
↳Public Beta is LIVE from now until December 12th!, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: [YouTube] Monster Hunter: World - Rotten Vale Trailer (embed)
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: [YouTube] Monster Hunter: World Gameplay Demo - IGN Live: Gamescom 2017 (embed)
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png (embed)
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14585261
twitter.com/kawa_twi3rd/status/939547865789054976
youtube.com/watch?v=Cg7dQvjviW0
youtube.com/watch?v=XjVrWckbsWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Huntresses

Is there going to be lobbies like in the old games where players post there quest in the port?

FIRST FOR CLICKETY CLACK FOR WORLDS

Yes 16 player lobbies are already confirmed

Shit monster that digs too much. I hope it never returns.

strawpoll.me/14585261
strawpoll.me/14585261

huntresses

Anyone want to hunt anja?

Huntress booty

Pretty sure it's already confirmed

Do monsters in high rank have higher hp as opposed to the same monsters in low rank?

what about it?

Ura not Clack clack.

It's not on The List™, soooo...

As has literally always been the case, yes.

I love Lance again.

Hope everyone is enjoying the BETA!

what the fuck, is this poll broken?
>please check the box or enter the text shown above
????????

post ID

I main DB/ Hammer/ Swaxe/LS/Bow and have literally not touched another weapon since FU

tell me 3 weapons that arent the above and arent Crutchblade to be hype for while i wait for PC

No.

>tfw getting completely bodied by Rathalos in the beta
I ain't even mad. It's been years seen a Los has tripled carted me twice

Diablos and jyura
Big boys only
Diablos first
7aX4NFsHZGip

>Crutchblade
Just because a weapon is powerful if you have near perfect gameplay doesn't make it a crutch user. Hammer / Swaxe is more of a crutch than CB.

Are you a bot?

>Finally soloed all monsters in demo with both my weapons of choice Not-Chameleos excluded.
Excited for some multiplayer hunts lads.

Lance, Gunlance, Bow.
Now, you might think Bow is one of the weapons you've named, but it really isn't. The bow is quite different, it's immense fun.

Does monster health scale around Solo/Multiplayer or based on the number of players? And does anyone have a source?

Going to hunt Anja

6TZBEJ6hQvpc

>try to kill rathalos solo with GS like that one JP speedrunner
>get fucking annihilated, have to abandon several times
>say fuck it
>use hammer
>rathalos is dead in under 10 minutes
>jagras dead and quest completed in under 12 minutes
Hammer is my weaponfu. Always has been, always will be. Even knocked Rathalos out of the sky with an uppercut. mmf.

Has the CB been properly nerfed in the Beta?

I need charge blade weebums

I want my football armor back. I hope the crabs are in.

It's very slightly nerfed across the board coming from 4U. Basically, it's still really good.

1 spot left

The CB is actually quite powerful in the beta. Super AED doesn't remove shield charge and it has a really nice movement option with the slide into roundhouse.

>full
FUCK

So what do we get for completing the Beta as a gift for the full game? I completed Mission 1 so far and got a Starter Kit. Do we get something cool for beating Rathalos and Diablos too?

Clearing any one quest gives you a face paint.
Clearing each quest gives an item pack once per quest.
Killing Rathalos/Diablos/Jyuratodus does nothing, but it's fun.

>what do we get for completing the beta
One face paint for completing any of the three missions
One item pack per unique quest completed
Rathalos and Diablos do not provide any special rewards or bonuses, people are killing them solely for the fun of it

i'm just going by 4u where CB and IG were universally regarded as broken, and thusly became crutches for shitters because they allowed them to ignore some game mechanics and brute force their way up the ranks. since they reverted the CB nerfs and buffed the shit out of IG mechanically i'm forced to assume theyre still pretty broken even if everything else got buffed around them

1. Game clearly puts its focus on the visual spectacle. It's visually impressive (it better be coming off of the fucking 3ds) but it feels like they put way more focus on this than working on the game itself.
2. Vigorwasps all over that heal you.
3. Hit effects are just bad, they lack some kind of "oomph" you always had previously.
4. No G rank and almost certainly no really challenging content, but to be fair no first iteration of a new gen had that.
5. The entire healing rework. The way you can move about while healing, the way you can dodge roll out of it to avoid incoming hits but keep whatever bits you healed up until then.
6. Monster vs monster "events" that are clearly scripted in specific ways with Rathalos swooping in to deal fire damage and end up breaking the dam etc.
7. Way too many environmental traps in all zones you can make use of.
8. Mounting became even easier than before, as if je suis monté wasn't bad enough.
9. Lack of multiple iconic monsters.
10. Annoying voices.
11. Long narrow tunnels are not a great replacement for switching zones, just annoying.
12. Heartbeat telling you when to capture.
13. Scoutflies are fucking gigantic and annoying as shit, in your face all the time.
14. Infinite special shots on bowguns.

how did the IG get buffed mechanically?

Rath Rooms WHERE

any one up to go after jyurtodus
ID:3BN4G2QDTwPQ

wow user you should make a blog!

Xtreme aerial dodging (featuring Dante from the devil may cry series), gathering all 3 essences with your bug and returning with the triple buff, i'm sure theres more i've missed. CB is just back to 4U status far as i know, probably some mechanical buffs involved

Hunting that mud fish faggot

4RAjc2db7HQZ

I just tried to kill him with hammer and it was easy to avoid his attacks but since he didnt come down I had no chance to land a hit

wtf?

LANCER RACING WHEN
LANCER RACING WHEN

>When you finish off Anjanath with a Slinger shot

Is the cameleon thingy really in the beta? If so anyone got a room up for it? I wanna hunt it

Diablos + Rathalos room
3NWx3kdLan72

Get the flash pods and pitfall trap out of your item box at camp. Set your palico to use the Flashbug Cage. Enjoy a grounded Rathalos.

I keep seeing people say pukei pukei is a rare spawn in the demo. Is this true? Or am I too trusting?

Also.
>dat gastronome tuma fight
>catch it, never shows up in my inventory

Fishing is gonna be neat as hell in this game

go back to /v/ you fucking cuck

need one more

Does GS lv3 charge not have any mind's eye?
I'm bouncing everything

>presented with list of arguments as to why MHW isn't all that great
>incapable of arguing it, has to deflect to "go back to /v/" or "butthurt nintendie" or whatever

The absolute state of this garbage shill general

Every single "point" you made was just "i don't like this therefore it's objectively bad"

Ok, i never played any high rank stuff, so i dont know much about it..

>having to explain why the lack of crunchy on-hit visual effects is a negative thing
Brain damage

twitter.com/kawa_twi3rd/status/939547865789054976

Nice game, cucks

half of these are just straight up wrong. I had anjanath win a fight against rath. The fights are dynmic depending on the state of both monsters. Also "too many" and "too big" and "not enough" points are fucking retarded and entirely subjective user.

>gets told to fuck off from /v/
>comes to cry on Veeky Forums
>gets told to fuck off again
lmao
face it kid, most people on both boards enjoy the game and nobody cares for your "criticisms"

>LALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU I'm having fun I refuse to face these arguments and reply to them, LALALALA FINGERS IN MY EAR

Like a child.

Demo exceeded my expectations. The wait feels too long.

Neat

>Everything I don't like is bad you can't enjoy
Fuck off and go play your wahoos

you aren't entitled to an argument, bub

repost
i can't seem to kill diablo in time with the bow
i'm new to mh so i don't really know what the fuck i'm doing, does anyone have any advice?

I wonder how many dotards are in here

So is bow just about charging and then dodging and spamming the power shot, and using the dragon piercer when the monster is busy? Is there any reason to use standard shots or the arc shot?

That's actually a pretty cool view and shit he got
And I'd bet it's easily fixable too.

Probably just him. Pc friends don't play monhun.

just do this

youtube.com/watch?v=Cg7dQvjviW0

Any other weapons can do shit like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=XjVrWckbsWY

Diablos, not starting until we have 4 people

4XxamGtnYdtW

Nope, DB is just completely overpowered.

I find the new potion drinking more annoying than the old, you can sometimes end up not healing the full amount and waste a potion, I assume the same for stamina? If you get hit or dodge out the meat gets wasted?

Which weapons would come second and third place then

Good to see they un-dialed back the visibility on particles a bit so the SAED doesn't look like literally nothing.

holy fuck this guy is so much better than me it's insane

>Was gonna give a general strategy guide having also done it with a bow.
>That vid basically sums up everything I was going to say.
That said, I didn't know there were items in your little camp. I just assumed any other items would be in the supply box. That's gonna shave a lot of time off my runs.

Dotard reporting in.

Alright I'll bite

1. > but it feels
K
2. >Vigorwasps all over that heal you.
Factually wrong
3. > they lack some kind of "oomph"
Hot opinion. I Disagree.
4. > No G Rank
Nothing new here
5. > The entire healing rework
Disagree. If you roll out you lose your potion and only restore a laughable amount. You can no longer trade with monsters by chugging max potions mid attack. It's fine.
6. > that are clearly scripted
Welcome to video games.
7. > Way too many
How many is way too many?
8. > Mounting became even easier than before
Hot opinions right there. You now have to pay attention and change where you're on the monster to successfully mount. I don't have to turn my brain off by mashing X then holding R every now and then.
9. > Lack of multiple iconic monsters
Hot opinion, user. Rathalos is in.
10. > Annoying voices.
It's not as if there's an option for that right.
11. > Long narrow tunnels are not a great replacement for switching zones, just annoying.
Hot opinion.
12. >Heartbeat telling you when to capture.
So far this is the only thing I agree with you.
13. >Scoutflies are fucking gigantic and annoying as shit
I'm constantly running so I don't even see them.
14. >Infinite special shots on bowguns.
That needs to cool down. What's your point? Or did you not know that Bows also had Arc Shots since Gen3?

In the old system you get hit and lose whatever you just healed up
Now you can heal up and if a monster comes at you, even if you can't get out of the way since you can walk, you can dodge out of the heal, avoid taking any damage and keep whatever bit you healed up thus far. Net hp gain.

>that fucking DPS on DB

Holy shit

GS, Bow, Lance maybe

SOMEBODY HOST PUKEI PUKEI HUNTING RIGHT NOW!

Why do faggots like you INSIST on debating others and so desperately want OTHER people to argue with you and explain why something is fun or not?

I'm pretty sure I know exactly who you are and see your shit post in another general. Listen up. You're acting like a little bitch boy cuck. No one with any self respect or a functioning brain that can think for themselves can get argued into thinking something is fun or not. It's either fun for you or get this, its not fun.

No matter how many buzzwords someone throws at another person, no matter how strong the argument, I can not change what you like or dislike. The way you approach things just leads me to believe you don't have a mind of your own. Like you're a little kid maybe 12 to 14 at the oldest who is still extremely impressionable. Or even worse, a weak minded "individual" who craves to be brain washed and told what to do or how to think like a weak little sub beta bitch soyboy.

Grow up. Become your own person. Find yourself. No matter what kind of weak shit post you make you can never change what I like or dislike and I hope one day maybe you too be will strong enough to not be so easily swayed on what to like or dislike.

dotard here too

>13. Scoutflies are fucking gigantic and annoying as shit, in your face all the time.
I fucking hate them so far. Really distracting, ugly and immersion ruining. They're the one thing I have a big problem with.

People are already considering it the most OP weapon in series history, that's without any element even. If they don't nerf it before release this shit is actually gonna destroy the game.

>and lose whatever you just healed up

3ML7WRhkD2xx, Diablos hunting baby.

What camp is diablos and what map?

>Hot opinion. I Disagree.
The fuck do you mean you disagree. It's literally an objective fact that you don't have on-hit effects like you did previously.

Has Lance always been this fun? Have I been missing out on this all these years?