/fg/ - Falcom General #131

Playtime is over edition

Previous thread: Tag the spoilers so the general doesn't die again.

> PS4 ports for CS1 and CS2 incoming

> Zwei II out on PC store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lqqeFRrJKXk
geofront.esterior.net/2017/12/11/trails-zero-50/
youtube.com/watch?v=ziGTIEWQGEI
gurennoheyakara.blogspot.com.br/p/games.html
gurennoheyakara.blogspot.com/p/games.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does Tokyo Xanadu ever become more complicated. I'm playing on Calamity and it still feels like babby's first action game.

Are you enjoying my game?

Can I flirt with her?

>OP STILL isn't updated
Just how lazy are you faggots?

>still not updated OP

I just made the thread because i saw how close it was to being archived, so i didn't check for outdated info.

I LOVE ESTELLE!

How far are you into the game?

always welcome to make an updated OP yourself next time instead of just bitching about it

Give Crossbell back!

Calvard when?

So are you a Towafag?

Was she the most blackpilled kiseki?

More like the most fatalist one. Which i think was also a victim of whatever made all the sept-terrions stop accepting orders, except, despite trying to be autonomous like the Aureole, and continue fighting forever like Fire and earth, Mirage just offed itself before she could cause any problems, which in itself made for a lot of fucking problems.

Meant to say instead in place of "despite".

We didn't get Crossbell back!

next time

Just finished zero, good game, but i wanted more estelle and joshua.

I LOVE SHIORI

>still wanting more of them

Best dungeon theme in the game so far
youtube.com/watch?v=lqqeFRrJKXk

>eating your cousin

>not wanting more Estelle

>MUH WIND
>MUH SWORD

キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━ッ!!

How does kiseki even compete!?

Kiseki has superior lolis, see

zeit confirmed strongest party member by CSIII.

You can see plenty of pantsu in cs3.

post lewd

>you'll have some laughs here
>you'll crack on some of these

What did he mean by this?

Muh wind dropping a colony sized spear in CS3 was a good payoff

I regret LITERALLY nothing

delete this

But why?

ops, sorry, send for wrong person

I'm playing Tokyo Xanadu on Steam, and I'm getting occasional frame drops in random locations. Not even with monsters or other people around sometimes. Is anyone else experiencing this too?

just fin CS 1 and towards the end the game became xenogears. are there more of this in CS 2 & 3?

Am I missing a switch on this level or will I find how to get through this down the floor?

Can't you smash it down with Laura?

Seems it need a good few hits. I tried only twice with her and now I feel dumb.

Yes, they are related to the sept-terrions involved in Erebonia, so they are a central part of the story there.

Smash it with heavy hitters like Laura. I think Machias works too. You need a character who has "strike" on their weapon to at least rank A (or B, not sure), to break obstacles.

Fullscreen sorta helps, compared to borderless windowed i found

B Rank but it takes more presses iirc

ur a b rank nigga

Yeah just like Laura's bust size

ill still bust her size up if u catch my drift

Zero no Kiseki translation patch update:
Editing officially passed 50%.

>The future is pretty exciting. I’ll go ahead and say now, a few others and I already have a team together to tackle Trails to Azure when Trails from Zero is finished. If everything goes as planned, I intend to bring Crossbell home, in its full. I really want nothing more than to be able to do that. And, after that, I doubt I see myself calling it quits on fan translations. It’s just too damn fun.
Based.

youtube.com/watch?v=ziGTIEWQGEI

It's pretty amazing that they're updating and fixing that shitty PC port.

>reaches 99%
>Xseed comes by
>"thanks for the work, but we'll take over from here"

Man it feels weird to see them looking so crispy and nice compared to the PSP version. I don't mind either way, since i don't care about the graphic quality that much, but the PC version does look nice.

What makes it bad? I remember there being a problem with load times, but there also being some sort of fix for it.

I WANT AO ALREADY

I mean, they have utilized fan translations before, i think they would offer the money to them to get theirs as well.

The thing is, since two entirely different teams worked on translation, and editing, i'm not sure how that would work.

Didn't the previous team's leader dislike XSEED?
Can't see it working out if thats the case.

If all he did was oversee the translation and pretend he knew better than the translator, i don't see him having any rights over it, especially after dropping it.

Guren did work on it however, but he seems more chill.

Either way, XSEED's still in the shitter after Akiba's Flop. It was their most expensive project to-date, and it bombed completely. If licensing costs have been what's preventing them from localizing these games in the past, they should be further away from that goal than ever.

That project is also very close to being done. 2 or 3 months and you can probably play the unedited version.

Learn japanese you stupid EOP

Ribose had some stuff on the current state of the work on the TL on the discord, and the PC build.

>no items, crafts, arts, or magic (or other lists such as t_records, t_ex*, t_shop, t_town, ....) are inserted unfortunately, but some work has been done (and can be seen on kiseki wikia). incidentally, those tables follow a kind of straightforward format and will probably be inserted quickly.
>there's also an issue with any time the color changes the text spacing between the colors is incorrect. That's definitely in the issue tracker lol. And there's numerous problems with the actual colors of some things, at the end of battle in that video there are two counts of incorrect color. But there are more, such as the combat notebook... The color and font spacing issue are both introduced through the hack (variable width fonts are hard apparently), but the shaking letters is definitely a problem in the original

KYS Janis JOPlin

based drawfag

Why is CS trying to be persona

>internal translating drama causes another leak when

is Zerker from Veeky Forums or something

Wouldn't be surprised. /a/ and /jp/ have a shitload fan translation regulars. Even /vn/ here on Veeky Forums.

>Llyod has harem
>based
>Rean has harem
>reeeeeeeee

the state of kiseki fags

>Reminder Xseed lost sen3
>Also don't forget to buy Akibas and the both Zwei

Except the harem is an actual in-game focus in CS that panders to the lowest common denominator, i.e; waifufags.

Zerker did post here at some point, and talked about how he was working on it.

That's not going to happen unless someone leaks it.

I was wondering what was up the with the shaking text. That was really annoying.

Go read the comments on this page.

gurennoheyakara.blogspot.com.br/p/games.html

The translator himself confirmed they will be providing the non edited version to the public.

The translator already said they're going to release it unedited.
gurennoheyakara.blogspot.com/p/games.html
Bottom comments.

The shaky text thing was a question i made, because i noticed the text seemed to swaying slightly as it popped up. Apparently it's an issue with the chinese port itself, but can be potentially fixed.

I don't recall an entire chapter about it like in Ao

Not that user, but the chapter was entirely SOL, and not just waifu stuff, hell you could have some really nice moments with Randy too if you wanted.

I think the main issue people have with Cold steel's one is that, they clearly shove every girl in Rean's direction, and even give him the option of confession to more than one instead of just leaving it to Alisa (hell, Cs 3 lets you confess to all freaking 3 in one run if you want to play mister scumbag). While with Lloyd, they played his harem antics into jokes, but Lloyd is unable to confess to anyone aside from Elie.

In the end it's still there, and it is harem antics for both of them.

It's okay when Ao does it!

The entirety of CS1 and 2 are based around it. It's literally the very foundation of CS.

M... master no tame ni

It's Sora's karate really make me cringe, All of her movements are really sub-standard, it makes her look like a novice rather than a experienced practitioner.

Her kick is bent at her hip, so her hip cannot drive any force into her strike, and the force is directed upwards, rather than being a side sweep. All she is going to do is break her leg on the opponent's elbow

Her stance is even worse. It's a great game, but her karate is as bad as Rean's swordsmanship.

>more mecha action
thats my fetish.i take it you finished CS III already? so without spoiling anything, will there be a CS IV or a new story? i need to know what is estelle group up to now.

At the end of the day, you gotta remember that it's an anime style game, and Falcom is not great at animations.

I'm a big martial arts fan myself. I practice Kyokushin Karate myself. but I don't think I can attend any more tournaments since I broke 2 of my opponent's ribs in my last competition. Won't be welcome back, Sad.

>sora no kiseki is from a female's perspective
>the entirety of SC is about said female chasing down her future cervix massager and crying about it for 60+ hours of in-game text
WTF I LOVE THIS YEAAAAAAAAH BEST BEST BEST
>sen no kiseki is from a male's perspective and he has a harem of tight white
WTF I HATE THIS THIS IS GAY GAAAAAAAAY
/fg/gots confirmed.

I haven't played it, but i spoiled myself rotten. There is a lot of mentions on Estelle, Joshua, Renne and even Schera.

Also yeah, there is going to be a Cs IV, which will be the last game in the arc, and the mecha goes full force in the ending for 3. After that, they will probably star go ahead and start working on a Calvard focused arc.

ITS OKAY BECAUSE ITS SORA
HAHAH
BESTELLE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can ban you from participating for breaking your opponent's ribs? I thought risks were par for the course in that type of stuff, or was it because you pulled some nasty moves?

She doesn't even focus on Joshua all that much aside from when there's hints of where he is.

A problem with having specialized knowledge in any particular area is that when that area shows up in any kind of media, you're almost certain to find glaring flaws with how it's presented. This is especially true of any highly technical field -- it's a running joke at this point how badly "programming" and "hacking" are represented in everything. After all, the people who do 3D modeling are experts at modeling, not at karate or computational theory.

You'd think it wouldn't be so bad with martial arts, though, since even if you're not a practitioner, it's easy to look up videos or diagrams of skilled martial artists and base models and animations off of them. To be fair, even if you do that, it's easy to miss some of the more subtle details; after studying Tai Chi for a few years, it's painfully obvious whenever a character is supposed to be in a Tai Chi stance but their elbows are out or their back isn't straight, and those are things that a casual observer wouldn't think to look for.

You must not have played SC, then. 90% of Estelle's dialog is sulking and craving the feminine penis. This is OK according to Falcom fans, but CS is just shit because there are multiple waifus.

I want closeted homosexuals to leave this general.

>Estelle
>Not focused on Joshua
Remember how close she gets to blue screening every time there's any indication of Joshua's whereabouts pre Chapter 6?